Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Should women teach in the church?

SEE I POSTED THE SCRIPTURES you rejected and then added to the word. YOU ASK FOR SCRIPTURES AND THEN REJECT THEM . once again a bishop is also called a elder. which is a leader and paul wrote to timothy saying if any MAN desires .to be a leader in this case 2. a leader in the Church. 2 a overseer of other pastors 3. paul wrote For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel. 1 Corinthians 4:15

unless your part of this so called gender movement a Father in the Lord is a MALE . if you reject this then so be it.

i would be careful that you dont fall into this category
2 Timothy 4:3
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
Where do you see "over other pastors"?

No scripture says women are forbidden to be Pastors.

Please stop promoting your man made theology.
We have posted scriptures many times saying women are not to have authority over men. (1 Tim 2:11-14, 3:1-2, 1 Cor 11:3, 8-10)
You should clearly indicate that you mean "women can only teach other women, and their children".
Women are forbidden from being pastors.

Let’s look at some scriptures that speak about the balance in the man/woman, husband/wife relationship.

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her, that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word, that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish. So husbands ought to love their own wives as their own bodies; he who loves his wife loves himself. For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as the Lord does the church. For we are members of His body, of His flesh and of His bones. “For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.” This is a great mystery, but I speak concerning Christ and the church. Nevertheless let each one of you in particular so love his own wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband. Ephesians 5:25-33

• For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.

• So husbands ought to love their own wives as their own bodies

• Nevertheless let each one of you in particular so love his own wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband.

I believe if the wife is respecting her husband and operating under his authority in the home and the local church, there will be peace and the blessing of the Lord; fruitfulness and unity.
I didn't see one mention of the wife having the dominance they lust for over the husband .
The family "picture" is the way it should be in the church too.
God, Christ, man, woman.

Metaphors
Father of medicine (Hippocrates)
Land of my fathers
City fathers
have ye not many ‘fathers’ for in Christ Jesus I have begotten (fathered) you through the gospel. (Two metaphors)
Father - helper guide keeper etc, but unrelated to gender.
People take things literally when they should not. This is a problem I get regularly.
I have yet to meet a female father.

God, who is neither male nor female, is the Father of my soul when I was born again.
My soul, like yours, is likewise neither male nor female and our spiritual growth is independent of our human teacher's physical body, but instead is dependent on our mentor's spiritual walk with God.
He is not female.

We have posted scriptures many times saying women are not to have authority over men. (1 Tim 2:11-14, 3:1-2, 1 Cor 11:3, 8-10)
You should clearly indicate that you mean "women can only teach other women, and their children".
Women are forbidden from being pastors.
Meaning, women should not be superior to men.

Not according to Paul.

1 Timothy 2:14
14...it was not Adam who was deceived, but the woman who was deceived and fell into transgression.

Because of this women are not permitted to teach or have authority over a man.

Apparently, you used to agree with this and argued that it was true then in Paul's day but not now for us. But now it seems you're arguing that it was never true...that the sex of the teacher has no bearing on their value as a teacher.
Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. (1Ti 2:14 KJV)
Adam was not deceived.
In other words, he sinned with his eyes open. He did it knowingly.
Eve was deceived and might be forgiven, but Adam sinned deliberately or knowingly.
That makes Adam worse than Eve.

Yes we see the qualifications for a man, if he desires the position of Bishop.

Nothing here forbidding a woman from being a Pastor.

Nothing here about the role of a Pastor in the church leadership structure.

Obviously, since the context is about; if a man desires the position of Bishop. Therefore all the following pronouns are going to be masculine.

I’m beginning to wonder where you received your “sola scripture” understanding about this matter, since you haven’t provided any scripture indicating that a woman is forbidden to be a Pastor.

:shrug

JLB

desires … desires. Two different Greek words are used. The first means "to reach out after." It describes external action, not internal motive. The second means "a strong passion," and refers to an inward desire. Taken together, these two words aptly describe the type of man who belongs in the ministry—one who outwardly pursues it because he is driven by a strong internal desire.

bishop. The word means "overseer" and identifies the men who are responsible to lead the church (cf. 1Ti_5:17; 1Th_5:12; Heb_13:7). In the NT the words bishop, elder, overseer, and pastor are used interchangeably to describe the same men (Act_20:17, Act_20:28; Tit_1:5-9; 1Pe_5:1-2). Bishops (pastors, overseers, elders) are responsible to lead (1Ti_5:17), preach and teach (1Ti_5:17), help the spiritually weak (1Th_5:12-14), care for the church (1Pe_5:1-2), and ordain other leaders (1Ti_4:14).

Key Word

Bishop:
1Ti_3:1-2—lit. "one who oversees." In the New Testament, elders functioned as overseers of their congregations (Act_20:17, Act_20:28). Elders were responsible to maintain the internal affairs of the church. To accomplish this task, several elders held positions of responsibility in any given congregation (see Act_14:23; Tit_1:5-7). After New Testament times, the term elder was replaced with bishop, and it became customary for only one bishop to oversee each congregation.

Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. (1Ti 2:14 KJV)
Adam was not deceived.
In other words, he sinned with his eyes open. He did it knowingly.
Eve was deceived and might be forgiven, but Adam sinned deliberately or knowingly.
That makes Adam worse than Eve.
Very true! God gave the command not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil to Adam. Genesis 2:16-18, "
And the Lord God commanded the man, “You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die.”

The Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.” => After he was given the command <= Eve never heard the command directly!

Romans 5:12, " Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all people, because all sinned—" Adam (not Eve) brought sin into the world.

Misguided people will try to exalt men over women, even though it was the man who brought death into the world. This needs to be taught in every church -- by women.

we have a transgender in the white house a man who thinks he is a woman also. btw city county state federal is not the same as Church leadership. we watered down the Bible
Are you okay???

a) What difference does it make if there is a transgender in the White House?
b) If city, county, state, federal leadership is not the same as Church leadership, why bring it up?
c) We (?) watered down the Bible? Who is "we"? And what specifically has been "watered down"?

Are you okay???
i am more than ok

a) What difference does it make if there is a transgender in the White House?
b) If city, county, state, federal leadership is not the same as Church leadership, why bring it up?
c) We (?) watered down the Bible? Who is "we"? And what specifically has been "watered down"?

a. it makes a big difference it brings disgrace on our nation
b.. goverment leaders are not the same as church leaders... besides i was not the one making comparison
C. scripture after scripture been posted that shows GOD placed man in leadership of the Church. but yet scripture is ignore twisted redefined. SO YOU ANSWER YOUR OWN QUESTION

this subject is like moses age when he died---------> OLD

Very true! God gave the command not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil to Adam. Genesis 2:16-18, "
And the Lord God commanded the man, “You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die.”

The Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.” => After he was given the command <= Eve never heard the command directly!

Romans 5:12, " Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all people, because all sinned—" Adam (not Eve) brought sin into the world.

Misguided people will try to exalt men over women, even though it was the man who brought death into the world. This needs to be taught in every church -- by women.
If you are willing to go against the bible in this minor case, what else do you recommend we ignore?
Repentance from sin?
That would be very popular in this evil world.

Back