Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Should women teach in the church?

Not what I was pointing out from scripture.
My wife may beat me twenty times in a row at chess, but she would never teach men about the bible.
Your wife is a sensible and perceptive woman who knows the futility of trying to change the mind of someone who cannot even work out the best moves at chess.

Last edited:
If you are willing to go against the bible in this minor case, what else do you recommend we ignore?
Repentance from sin?
That would be very popular in this evil world.
It is an evil world and if you check out the prison figures you will find men outweigh women many times over.
Conclusion? Men are the worst offenders and not fit to have the keys to the church.
The deceiver has won again.
The reason for men holding high office was due to women not getting the schooling, so could not read from the scrolls etc.

Yes it is, and a duty of the parents.

Perhaps you can point them out using the book of Acts?

Perhaps you or anyone else for that matter point out the role of Pastor in the Church Leadership structure from the New Testament.

I have asked several people who vehemently oppose women as Pastors, saying that “women are forbidden from being Pastors”, to show me in the Bible where scripture teaches us that women are forbidden from being Pastors.

Let me know when you find it.

You won’t find it. So you might as well stop claiming that women are forbidden from being Pastors.

JLB

We have posted scriptures many times saying women are not to have authority over men.

And I agree with that scripture that says…

Let a woman learn in silence with all submission. And I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, but to be in silence. 1 Timothy 2:11-12

Women are forbidden from being pastors.

Please post the scripture that says this.

I didn't see one mention of the wife having the dominance they lust for over the husband .
The family "picture" is the way it should be in the church too.
God, Christ, man, woman.

If a woman “lusts” for domination over her husband, then she needs deliverance from evil spirits.

A woman who lusts for power over a man has no place in any type of leadership position over anyone in the Church, especially children or other women, as they would only corrupt them.

JLB

The family "picture" is the way it should be in the church too.
God, Christ, man, woman.

If the women meets the same qualifications as a man, then she may be able to teach and be in authority over children.

Just because a woman is a wife, and mother doesn’t qualify her to be over other women or children at a Church.

Likewise deacons must be reverent, not double-tongued, not given to much wine, not greedy for money, holding the mystery of the faith with a pure conscience. But let these also first be tested; then let them serve as deacons, being found blameless. Likewise, their wives must be reverent, not slanderers, temperate, faithful in all things. Let deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well. For those who have served well as deacons obtain for themselves a good standing and great boldness in the faith which is in Christ Jesus. 1 Timothy 3:8-13

• But let these also first be tested; then let them serve

• Likewise, their wives must be reverent, not slanderers, temperate, faithful in all things.

This standard should be applied to women who desire to teach Children or other women.

desires … desires. Two different Greek words are used. The first means "to reach out after." It describes external action, not internal motive. The second means "a strong passion," and refers to an inward desire. Taken together, these two words aptly describe the type of man who belongs in the ministry—one who outwardly pursues it because he is driven by a strong internal desire.

bishop. The word means "overseer" and identifies the men who are responsible to lead the church (cf. 1Ti_5:17; 1Th_5:12; Heb_13:7). In the NT the words bishop, elder, overseer, and pastor are used interchangeably to describe the same men (Act_20:17, Act_20:28; Tit_1:5-9; 1Pe_5:1-2). Bishops (pastors, overseers, elders) are responsible to lead (1Ti_5:17), preach and teach (1Ti_5:17), help the spiritually weak (1Th_5:12-14), care for the church (1Pe_5:1-2), and ordain other leaders (1Ti_4:14).

Key Word

Bishop:
1Ti_3:1-2—lit. "one who oversees." In the New Testament, elders functioned as overseers of their congregations (Act_20:17, Act_20:28). Elders were responsible to maintain the internal affairs of the church. To accomplish this task, several elders held positions of responsibility in any given congregation (see Act_14:23; Tit_1:5-7). After New Testament times, the term elder was replaced with bishop, and it became customary for only one bishop to oversee each congregation.

Again, nothing here forbidding women from being Pastors.

Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. (1Ti 2:14 KJV)
Adam was not deceived.
In other words, he sinned with his eyes open. He did it knowingly.
Eve was deceived and might be forgiven, but Adam sinned deliberately or knowingly.
That makes Adam worse than Eve.
And yet her sin is why women are not permitted to seize teaching authority over a man. That's what the text says.

If you are willing to go against the bible in this minor case, what else do you recommend we ignore?
Repentance from sin?
That would be very popular in this evil world.
I am quoting the Bible -- what it literally says. If you can't understand it that is your problem, not mine.

Then, as most do when they have lost an argument, you change the subject. We are discussing the origin of sin, not repentance.

Once again, Romans 5:12, "Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all people, because all sinned—" Adam (not Eve) brought sin into the world.

Sensible and perceptive to the words of God in the bible about women not having the right to usurp authority over the male.
It's sad that you are under the law, not under grace. The Holy Spirit leads those who pay attention into all truth. Why not give it a try?

My interpretation is women can teach and serve as elders no support for pastor positions. I think it’s Gods way of dealing with fallen human beings and our sin marred world not so much a negative statement on women. Kind of like the OT divorce laws that were Gods way of accommodating hard hearts.

Perhaps you or anyone else for that matter point out the role of Pastor in the Church Leadership structure from the New Testament.
Most of the NT is an instructive guide to pastors.
Lead by example.
I have asked several people who vehemently oppose women as Pastors, saying that “women are forbidden from being Pastors”, to show me in the Bible where scripture teaches us that women are forbidden from being Pastors.
OK, again...We have posted scriptures many times saying women are not to have authority over men. (1 Tim 2:11-14, 3:1-2, 1 Cor 11:3, 8-10)
1 Tim 2:12..."But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence."
1 Tim 2:14..."And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression."
1 Tim 3:1-2..."This is a true saying, if a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work. 2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;"
1 Cor 11:3..."But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God."
1 Cor 11:8-10..."For the man is not of the woman: but the woman of the man.
9 Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.
10 For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels.
Can a woman be a pastor and not have authority over men?
No, unless the whole church is all women.
Let me know when you find it.
You mean again?
You won’t find it. So you might as well stop claiming that women are forbidden from being Pastors.
Quit fighting against Paul.
He also wrote..."If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord." (1 Cor 14:37)

Are you making the same claim?

Back