Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Should women teach in the church?

How can a pastor not have any authority over men?

If they are over children.

A child is not considered a man.

If the Senior pastor asked his wife, as his help mate, to serve as children's pastor, and she refuses, then she is actually over riding his authority, and is in rebellion.

JLB

I'm not wanting to debate or argue, just hoping we can find some common ground, and practical wisdom in the multitude of counselors.

By virtue of not being allowed to seize authority over the congregation

I agree totally about "seize control" over a congregation.

What I am referring to is a wife of the Pastor being submitted to him, and obeying him to serve as a leader over children and youth.

If the woman is operating under her husband's authority, don't you believe this to be in order?

JLB

If they are over children.

A child is not considered a man.

If the Senior pastor asked his wife, as his help mate, to serve as children's pastor, and she refuses, then she is actually over riding his authority, and is in rebellion.

JLB
i wish you would make up your mind know it has switched to women teaching children's Church.. there is a HUGE difference . my wife has done Children's Church many times. but she has not ever wanted step in a pastor ..

i wish you would make up your mind know it has switched to women teaching children's Church.. there is a HUGE difference . my wife has done Children's Church many times. but she has not ever wanted step in a pastor ..

So you would agree if a Pastor asked his wife to teach children, youth and women you are ok with that?

i wish you would make up your mind know it has switched to women teaching children's Church.. t

Did find that scripture yet about women being forbidden to be a Pastor?

How about any scripture that teaches us the biblical role of a Pastor in a Church leadership structure?

JLB

So you would agree if a Pastor asked his wife to teach children, youth and women you are ok with that?
what did i say? what have i said about women role in the Church vs man leadership? as per all your other questions except for other qualifications.. do your self some good back track my post.. NOT playing a cat and mouse game post them scriptures . i done showed you scriptures .you keep saying you respect my use of scriptures. the ball is in YOUR COURT. to show different using scriptures . sorry to be this way but its the only way i will reply

What I am referring to is a wife of the Pastor being submitted to him, and obeying him to serve as a leader over children and youth.

If the woman is operating under her husband's authority, don't you believe this to be in order?
Yes, I think it's in order. That does not constitute her being a pastor over a congregation. Her seizing her husbands job in the church would be that. And Paul says to not permit her to do that.

How about any scripture that teaches us the biblical role of a Pastor in a Church leadership structure?
? 6 He must not be a recent convert, or he may be puffed up with conceit and fall into the condemnation of the devil;[a] 7 moreover he must be well thought of by outsiders, or he may fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.[b]

solo Scriptures Note in red HE ! i rest my case :thumbsup

? 6 He must not be a recent convert, or he may be puffed up with conceit and fall into the condemnation of the devil;[a] 7 moreover he must be well thought of by outsiders, or he may fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.[b]

solo Scriptures Note in red HE ! i rest my case :thumbsup

This is a faithful saying: If a man desires the position of a bishop, he desires a good work. A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, temperate, sober-minded, of good behavior, hospitable, able to teach; not given to wine, not violent, not greedy for money, but gentle, not quarrelsome, not covetous; one who rules his own house well, having his children in submission with all reverence (for if a man does not know how to rule his own house, how will he take care of the church of God?); not a novice, lest being puffed up with pride he fall into the same condemnation as the devil. Moreover he must have a good testimony among those who are outside, lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil. 1 Timothy 3:1-7

Still waiting for a scripture that forbids a woman from being a Pastor.

Let me know when you find it.

JLB

psst did you not see the words man He His ? no need go farther i am Done. your turn use scriptures

Yes we see the qualifications for a man, if he desires the position of Bishop.

Nothing here forbidding a woman from being a Pastor.

Nothing here about the role of a Pastor in the church leadership structure.

Obviously, since the context is about; if a man desires the position of Bishop. Therefore all the following pronouns are going to be masculine.

I’m beginning to wonder where you received your “sola scripture” understanding about this matter, since you haven’t provided any scripture indicating that a woman is forbidden to be a Pastor.

:shrug

JLB

I’m beginning to wonder where you received your “sola scripture” understanding about this matter, since you haven’t provided any scripture indicating that a woman is forbidden to be a Pastor.
i know the feeling see i can read the Bible.. you have your Belief outside of Scripture.

if you want play hard ball i can do that.. at this time these post are old :horse:horse:horsethe mule is cross eyed from looking t the new gate have a good night

i know the feeling see i can read the Bible.. you have your Belief outside of Scripture.

if you want play hard ball i can do that.. at this time these post are old :horse:horse:horsethe mule is cross eyed from looking t the new gate have a good night

Ok. Let me know when you find that scripture, Jerry.

I‘ll be waiting.

sola scripture. :hysterical

Are you serious??? Is a woman actually trying to prevent you from being "under Christ"?
Women preachers are trying to put men under themselves as they purport to be under Christ.
Their POV...God, Christ, woman, man.
Your reasoning is getting weaker and weaker.
If she holds herself above what is written in the bible, she is trying to separate a great many people from God,
Women preachers should be held in the same esteem as any other false teacher.

Back