Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study SO YOU THINK YOU ARE SAVED.

Adam and Eve, after they sinned, DID have to sin as a matter of who and what they were, because God turned them over to that.

What other sin did Adam and Eve commit?

Where does it say that God turned them over to be sinners?

JLB

FHG and Jethro,
I don't mean to change this thread, but after two replies I can't help myself.

This is a theological question which has come up before while I've been here and for which there is no answer, but I'll ask it for your consideration.

Actually, Smaller is right on this.

Before Adam and Eve ate, there was no sin nature in them since they had not eaten yet.

Sorry, I've never made that claim. 1 Cor. 15:43-49 is very clear that the natural man, which Adam was, is planted in weakness, corruption, dishonor.

The flesh has been made "subject to" intrusion by the tempter. And that intrusion arrived "into" the weak, corruptible dishonorable dust/flesh of Adam immediately after Gods Words of blessings were spoken to him as Mark 4:15 stipulates. We know that this did happen because after this came the first law, do not eat, and the law is for "sinners" and the "lawless." We can not see this matter as one of just Adam, but of the fact of Mark 4:15, Satan entered Adam's heart. Satan is assuredly a sinnner and entirely lawless as such.

So seeing the law just to Adam is pointless. There was more going on "in" the flesh of Adam than meets the eye.
SO, if they didn't have the sin nature yet, WHAT made them eat the forbidden fruit?
No answer necessary - just think about it.

I would prefer when you use my name that a fairly accurate recount of statement is made, as I did NOT claim Adam had no sin nature.

The flesh has had indwelling sin from the beginning, from the instant God Spoke to the flesh man, Adam, THEN Mark 4:15 happened as a matter of fact.

Paul shows us this same matter, exactly, as the "entrance" of sin into the flesh of man:

Romans 5:12
Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

The entrance of SIN came when the tempter entered the heart of Adam, EXACTLY as Jesus stipulated in Mark 4:15.

Last edited:
Because she didn't have any physical clothes on, this means what?

JLB
It represents her not being clothed with Christ and, therefore, vulnerable to the deceits of the enemy, just as we all are when we are born. And like Adam and Eve, when we choose to sin we will be turned over to the nature of a sinner (happened to me somewhere along in the ninth grade). Like the dog who barks because he has to do that by the very nature of who and what he is, so the person who chooses to sin when the commandment comes along will then have to sin by the very nature of who and what he has become for sinning against God.

Last edited:
Sorry, I've never made that claim. 1 Cor. 15:43-49 is very clear that the natural man, which Adam was, is planted in weakness, corruption, dishonor.

Are you saying that the Lord created Adam in corruption, weakness and dishonor?

42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. The body is sown in corruption, it is raised in incorruption. 43 It is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness, it is raised in power. 44 It is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. 45 And so it is written, “The first man Adam became a living being.” The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.
46 However, the spiritual is not first, but the natural, and afterward the spiritual.47 The first man was of the earth, made of dust; the second Man is the Lordfrom heaven. 48 As was the man of dust, so also are those who are made of dust; and as is the heavenly Man, so also are those who are heavenly. 49 And as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly Man. 1 Corinthians 15:42-49

Adam's body was made from the dust of the earth.

That does not make his body weak, corruptible and dishonorable.

JLB

It represents her not being clothed with Christ and, therefore, vulnerable to the deceits of the enemy, just as we all are when we are born.

The scripture does not imply she was not clothed with Christ, but physically naked.

She was later physically clothed, with physical animal skins.

Adam was indeed filled with the Spirit of Christ as well as Eve, being made from natural matter they were given life, as the Spirit of Life came in them from the Lord Jesus Christ.

JLB

"sin entered the world through one man" (Romans 5:12 NASB)

That was from Adam's sin, by eating of the fruit.

What "other" sin did they commit, as you said they were turned over to be sinners by God.

JLB

Smaller,
Mathew 5:28 goes beyond the thought. Jesus said "that everyone who looks on a woman to LUST for her, has already committed adultery with her in his heart". NASB
So he's not just looking at her and thinking she's cute - he's LUSTING for her. It goes beyond that passing thought that Reba was talking about re the neighbor's car. The thought has to move from the mind to the heart.

Now this is a theological reality and you could check any source you care to check. Just think if it were not true. We'd be immersed in constant sin. Thoughts are uncontrollable. However, they could LEAD to sin.
Romans 13:14

Answered above. The "thought" is not the "lust".

Wondering

Bingo. Wondering gets it. There is absolutely a choice involved too. If we had no choice but simply had to sin because of sin indwelling in us then we've got our blank check, let's go party...not.

Reactions: JLB
The scripture does not imply she was not clothed with Christ, but physically naked.

She was later physically clothed, with physical animal skins.

Adam was indeed filled with the Spirit of Christ as well as Eve, being made from natural matter they were given life, as the Spirit of Life came in them from the Lord Jesus Christ.

JLB
If Eve had been clothed in the righteousness of Christ she would not have sought to gratify the desires of her flesh through sin:

"...clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the flesh." (Romans 13:14 NASB)

That was from Adam's sin, by eating of the fruit.

What "other" sin did they commit, as you said they were turned over to be sinners by God.

JLB
Sin came into the world through Adam. Which would obviously include Adam himself. Or do you think he was sinless after the fall? The Bible doesn't cite any specific sins of mankind until the account of Cain and Abel if I'm not mistaken.

If Eve had been clothed in the righteousness of Christ she would not have sinned.

"...clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the flesh." (Romans 13:14 NASB)

Adam and Eve were filled with the Spirit of Christ.
Adam did not speak the word of the Lord to Satan, "thou shall not eat of this tree".

Just like Jesus Christ had to do in the wilderness.

Jesus was hungry, however He did not obey Satan, but rather spoke what the word of God said...

Man shall not live by bread alone, but on every word...

Was Jesus tempted?
Was Jesus clothed with Christ?

JLB

Sin came into the world through Adam. Which would obviously include Adam himself. Or do you think he was sinless after the fall? The Bible doesn't cite any specific sins of mankind until the account of Cain and Abel if I'm not mistaken.

That's the question?

JLB

That's the question?

JLB
I see you shrinking down fast into contentiousness. Can you relate this to the topic of the thread in some way?

Many, many 'Christians' act like they don't have the new nature--like no change has occurred in them at all. One of two things is true: 1) they simply don't have the new nature as claimed, or 2) they are terribly ignorant of that new nature and are easily led away and deceived into thinking they still have it and HAVE to sin. Honestly, I'm not sure which one is more true. I used to think #1, but maybe #2 is the more common reason.

Adam and Eve were created sinless, but placed into a sinful world because of Satan being cast down to the ground and became sin to the nations before that of God creating Adam, Isaiah 14:12-15; Ezekiel 28:13-17. Their desire was to be like God and saw no wrong with their decision, but when the knowledge of good and evil was opened before them it was at that time they knew they disobeyed God and tried to hide their shame. The consequence of their disobedience was God casting them out of the beautiful garden and casting them out into a sinful world.

David’s transgressions were from a sin nature of being born into a sinful world and not that of being born a sinner when he made the statement in Psalms 51:5 Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, And in sin my mother conceived me. David’s transgressions were that of lusting after things that were not his, 2 Samuel 12:1-24, in wanting more than what God had already blessed him with and he became an angry man full of greed until God humbled his heart through the death of his son he had with Bathsheba and once David was humbled he returned back to Gods grace and became that man of God that God predestined him to be.

Psalm 58:3 The wicked are estranged from the womb; These who speak lies go astray from birth.

They are not born astray, but stray into sin after birth by that of sin that is already in the world that deceives them. We are made in the pure image of God so how can evil be found in us before we were even born from the womb, Genesis 1:27.

I see you shrinking down fast into contentiousness. Can you relate this to the topic of the thread in some way?

Jethro, all you have to do is post a scripture, of the "other" sins that Adam and Eve committed.

Here is the quote that promted me to ask you this question.

Adam and Eve, after they sinned, DID have to sin as a matter of who and what they were, because God turned them over to that.

DID have to sin as a matter of who and what they were...

Here is the phrase you stated, whereby you seem to believe that Adam and Eve did in fact continue to sin more, because now they were sinners with a sin nature, because God Himself gave them over to now have a sin nature nature, given over to only sin.

It looks to me that you have backed yourself into a corner, with the idea of the "sin nature" as being our "husband" and it was this "sin nature" that was put to death, and not the body of Christ, and with Him the law.

Many, many 'Christians' act like they don't have the new nature--like no change has occurred in them at all.

It is the Divine Nature within us, that does in fact transform us, through renewing our mind.

Our spirit has been made alive, and is now one with Christ, that is to say, the Spirit of Christ.

Now we are ready to receive the Holy Spirit; to be baptized in the Holy Spirit... to be led by the Spirit, to walk with God.

JLB

It looks to me that you have backed yourself into a corner, with the idea of the "sin nature" as being our "husband" and it was this "sin nature" that was put to death, and not the body of Christ, and with Him the law.
I'm not seeing it. I don't see any value in your line of questioning to that end.

And you seem to be saying they did NOT sin after eating of the tree. Can you defend that in light of the scripture that teaches us the fall of mankind after Adam and Eve's sin?

I'm not seeing it. I don't see any value in your line of questioning to that end.

And you seem to be saying they did NOT sin after eating of the tree. Can you defend that in light of the scripture that teaches us the fall of mankind after Adam and Eve's sin?

I am saying there is no scripture to support your claim, that Adam and Eve were now sinners and were given over to sin by God.
Until you produce a scripture that shows us of more sins that Adam and Eve committed, then you will be furthering one of thousands of man made theories.

Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those who had not sinned according to the likeness of the transgression [singular] of Adam, who is a type of Him who was to come. Romans 5:14

All it took was one sin, and thereby death from that sin being transferred to all mankind, because death now entered through the loins of Adam, unto all mankind.

Death entered the human race through Adam, the father of all mankind.

JLB

Adam and Eve were filled with the Spirit of Christ.
Adam did not speak the word of the Lord to Satan, "thou shall not eat of this tree".

Just like Jesus Christ had to do in the wilderness.

Jesus was hungry, however He did not obey Satan, but rather spoke what the word of God said...

Man shall not live by bread alone, but on every word...

Was Jesus tempted?
Was Jesus clothed with Christ?

JLB

What an excellent practical example of this!

I am saying there is no scripture to support your claim, that Adam and Eve were now sinners and were given over to sin by God.
Until you produce a scripture that shows us of more sins that Adam and Eve committed, then you will be furthering one of thousands of man made theories.

Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those who had not sinned according to the likeness of the transgression [singular] of Adam, who is a type of Him who was to come. Romans 5:14

All it took was one sin, and thereby death from that sin being transferred to all mankind, because death now entered through the loins of Adam, unto all mankind.

Death entered the human race through Adam, the father of all mankind.

JLB
I'm at a complete loss as to why you think it necessary to even entertain the absurd notion that Adam and Eve were perfect and never sinned again after the fall. Why are they different than the rest of us that they should not become slaves to sin as the result of obeying sin (Romans 6:16 NASB)?

Back