Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

SPIRITUAL WARFARE IN US

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

eddif

Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

We need instructions in how to battle evil. Ephesians 6 is a good place to find out what is going on.

Our immune system is made by God and hidden in us. Science / medicine is getting more and more insight into how the system works. The wealth of the gentiles are stored up, roughly speaking, for us Proverbs 13:22. If you look only at wealth as being money then their knowledge is not for you. When you go to a doctor you are depending somewhat on knowledge though. If we look at our body as being made in the image of God, then we sure need help in understanding what is going on.

Romans 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse. KJV

It helps me to read the revised standard version for instance.

The immune system is used to identify things that will harm the body and do away with them. There are some things that we might consider bad that are allowed to remain in the body. There were clean and un-clean animals mentioned and evidently there are some organisms that fit a description similar to that concept.

The immune system is not to attack our good flesh / blood. If our own immune system attacks our good body we consider it to be lupus. Recognition of friend and foe is very important for the immune system to function. Thus it is important to realize that we do not fight people, but seek to eliminate the bad powers that influence people. I can think of a few instances that might seem to conflict with this general principle, but generally the principle is ok.

If we do not leap ahead to name a christian brother as the problem, but fight against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places; then we tend toward health
and not fight amoung ourselves. There does come a time to not tolerate some diseases. In this case we practice isolation.

Some know much more about the immune system than I do. There is also more knowledge about the immune system still coming to light. It is not about the immune system though. It is about understanding the system God made; that we might understand the maker and not ourselves. He wants to do away with sin, and he does a lot to try and destroy the evil while keeping us alive.

Church discipline does everything to try and keep body health, but there does come a time when the offending person is turned over to satan for the destruction of the flesh; that the spirit might be saved. I suppose the whole body of Christ is to be protected from some things.

Tough love is still love. The love of God is intended for good.

eddif

Re: SPIRITUAL WARFARE IN US (AND FIRE)

The immune system also has the fire aspect.

If you approach a brother in correction, he can repent and stop the problem that needed attention.

If in dealing with a person who will not listen, then finallly you have gone through all the steps - you finally go to the fire.

A virus does not always respond to the immune systems normal answer to the problem, but it does have a method to deal with the problem.

A fever in our bodies sometimes is a final best answer for a viral problem:
http://www.alignlife.com/articles/healthyhabits/Fever_kills_pathogens.html
I know some may tend not to agree. Turning someone over to satan for destruction of the flesh may not be a way some will deal with problems.

The fire may be seen at the judgement time. I Corinthians 3:15 etc. The judgement of fire at the resurrection throne is not a very common sermon. Just because it is not common does not mean that this does not exist.

When you have prayed and talked and a scorner has not listened, you are down to desperate measures. Thank goodness fever hits the body. By examination fever becomes one of the hidden things that God has hidden information in. In understanding the good coming out of fevers; we get a little more information.

eddif

I can honestly say God does show us some tough love. He has in my life and it has gotten a lot better since I accepted Christ. Though what I wrestle with today is how to study more and even pray more. I find that my mind wanders when I am praying I lose focus. There are things I want to start in my life that sometimes seems over whelming. I know it is not going to get easier. How do we make ourselves better with this warfare?

How do we make ourselves better with this warfare?

There is no rule that says you can't weigh in, but be aware that this is the "Blog" forum. Members who want to blog without necessarily responding are encouraged to start their threads here. If it's something other members want to discuss, they are encouraged to start a thread in another forum. :yes

There is no rule that says you can't weigh in, but be aware that this is the "Blog" forum. Members who want to blog without necessarily responding are encouraged to start their threads here. If it's something other members want to discuss, they are encouraged to start a thread in another forum. :yes

I am sorry I will remember that from now on.

Tough love is not the only love. Compassion is for tender hearts. Knowing the person is much like the immune system identifying a pathogen and arranging the correct solution. However, it may be the person needs a little exercise and does not need for the immune system to kick in.

eddif

Jesus stated, "we will have suffering in this world." He did not say we might have suffering, but we will have suffering. However Jesus also stated, "if you suffer with me, you will reign with me."

I dont want to take the thread off track or offend my friend eddif but I know that many believe in a literal suffering "physical" suffering yet struggle with a concept of literal and physical "healing"? Many put healing in a symbolic or "spiritual" realm, while promoting suffering as very physical and real? I find this to be VERY CONTRARY to the truth of scripture and I wonder how some who promote physical suffering, can not see the error of their doctrines?

The ONLY suffering of a New Testament believer that is shown in scripture is persecution for believeing not attempting to claim one is suffering for unbelief? The promise of healing is as much a part of the gospel as forgiveness of sins. So to say one is "suffering" for the gospel with sickness is not acceptable to those of us who see the truth. Now I do accept that satan attempts to bring sickness upon us, and we must stand fast in faith in the promise, but we dont claim that our sickness is an example of our "spiritual growth"? No truth spiritual growth comes as we partake of the divine nature Through receivng the promises of God.

So again I do not understand the logic of how some hold the truth of scripture? Physical suffering is defended, and physical healing is rejected??? This is not the Jesus shown to us in scripture.

I have looked at this thread many times. In just 7 posts, the blog area is already getting a few comments.

The human part of us really can be a problem. The spiritual part of us can take care of us through Christ.

Now and again I run up against something I tend to believe that is just not in the Bible. Close examination of the subject often shows thoughts that do not agree with me or the folks I study / talk with. I abide by the rules of the blog area as much as possible.

The differing organ systems of our bodies just really.... well..... are different. There is no way a kidney functions as a lung (different operating manual).

The immune system has to evaluate a lot of differing functions.

Sometimes the body of Christ has a lot of problems understanding differences in callings.

I Corinthians 1:14-15
12 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.
13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?
14 I thank God that I baptized none of you, but Crispus and Gaius;
15 Lest any should say that I had baptized in mine own name.

Gets bad when baptism can be a danger (when a persons name might be attached to a disciple).

We are not divided as the body of Christ (that takes a lot of faith to state). I am going to try and use scripture to show some of the diversity of persons God accepts. I can see where I could not say enough or say too much.

I Corinthians 12:20
12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.
13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
14 For the body is not one member, but many.
15 If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
16 And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
17 If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?
18 But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.
19 And if they were all one member, where were the body?
20 But now are they many members, yet but one body.

If we were all eddifs we would be really messed up. Symbolism is great if you are talking to a tattooed up feller in a Home Depot parking lot. When I see a tree God made, it is a lot like a tattoo for all to see and understand. Just a symbol. Of course that subject is a big discussion on its own. The hidden man of the heart is like a tattoo.

I do not have tattoos. I have mixed thoughts at times, but not all tattoos are a tomestones. Even if a person has a tomestone for all to see, I think salvation might be possible.

I started out with a controversial subject on purpose.

We just ain't all the same. We have differing callings.

More hopefully later. I waited a long time to post any more, and I want to take care even now in what I post.

eddif

Spiritual Ware fare what?

There does come a time to not tolerate some diseases. In this case we practice isolation.

What are we suppose to spiritual fight about? Why even spiritually fight? Jesus already gave us the victory over the devil, the fight is long over. Is it you want to save the U.S.A? Not gonna happen brother. We also have no scripture were we fight against Governments, or try to change them with protest and other things.

We have tried for years to ban abortion with little success, and now states want to make gay marriage legal. So what? The problem is not isolation, no extra amount of shouting is going to help.
This is what I do hear though. I hear a lot of government bashing from believers. I hear a lot about America going down the tubes. As opposed to all those other countries that are on fire for Jesus?

The commission is not to save America, it's to preach the gospel to every creature and we are getting more Word out across this glob from America than any other country. It's amazing what we are doing, and what many church have put in place for the future. Whole satellites are being purchased, whole TV stations are underwriting Gospel programs that nobody thought would do such a thing. The list goes on.

1Ti 2:1 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
1Ti 2:2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.

Now what happens if we pray for those in Government? We get persecuted? We get tortured? What happens? that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
It's not a Spiritual Ware fare issues, We have serious faith issues in a lot of our churches. If the Scripture says it, then believe it. Should be no other thought.

If I am bashing government do I believe what I have prayed is coming to pass? We don't even have the authority over a country, but we do have authority over our places, are dwellings, and our things. Just tithing alone rebukes the devourer from destroying what we do have.

It's not America that is the issue, this Word is waiting for use to stop picketing, stop yelling doom and gloom and stand up fully mature A Son and Daughter and no more children. This World needs the power of God in their lives.

In the last days there shall be perilous times........... We can't change that. We can take a whole big chunk of folks with us though before its all said and done, and that we will.

Mike.

t's not America that is the issue, this Word is waiting for use to stop picketing, stop yelling doom and gloom and stand up fully mature A Son and Daughter and no more children. This World needs the power of God in their lives. In the last days there shall be perilous times........... We can't change that. We can take a whole big chunk of folks with us though before its all said and done, and that we will. Mike.

Preach it brother!

Bible Study

A forum for Bible study discussions.

This is not a debate forum

This must be some kind of hot subject.
It appears that I will have to ask administration openly what to do.

The very thing I seek to do: "Help others understand others"

I am always open to correction. This blog area is not to beat on each other. I appologize for my coarse nature that seems to not conform to the bible study blog area. Even moving this to Apolegetics would just start a war between brothers. I guess when I try to share it comes across wrong. Administration realizes who I am (perhaps better than I do), and Administration is a gift of the Spirit.

Where we go depends on Admin. Locking this thread is an option. Moving the thread is an option. Starting a parallel thread in the Apologetics area might be possible? Debate is not an option, and I must be debating when I think I am not (the heart is desperately wicked and deceitfull above all things)..

The way I think is a little different. I think in a world of symbols.

The jerk from Misssissippi
eddif

stop yelling doom and gloom

The bible is full of "gloom and doom" to those who ignore warnings,we are to warn people of the judgment of God "doom and gloom" is a secular phrase which actually mocks God and his ability to judge.The power of God comes into people's lives when they reject the humanist philosophies and come to grips with an all powerful God who has their every breath in his hand to do with as he pleases.

Eddiff:
This must be some kind of hot subject.
It appears that I will have to ask administration openly what to do.

The very thing I seek to do: "Help others understand others
"

Well, I'll tone it down, my fault. If we stick to the Word then no reason to debate. We are not going to save America. The people want corruption and even the bible says in the last days things are not going to get better. Sin will abound more and more but you and I bring grace which abounds even more than what sin will ever catch up to.

Mountain Man:

The bible is full of "gloom and doom" to those who ignore warnings,we are to warn people of the judgment of God "doom and gloom" is a secular phrase which actually mocks God and his ability to judge.The power of God comes into people's lives when they reject the humanist philosophies and come to grips with an all powerful God who has their every breath in his hand to do with as he pleases.

2Pe 3:5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
2Pe 3:6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
2Pe 3:7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

Right, for the ungodly it don't look very good. So the question would be to use believers, how do we handle that? On the street corner with a sign that say repent ye sinner for the wrath of God is nigh at hand or showing the World the love, grace and power of God? What is going to get their attention?

Let's say you have a drinking problem and in the bar again. You stumble out and a Christan walks by and informs you that God is going to judge the sinner and your bound for hell and judgment,then keeps walking. You already feel bad that you just keep ending up at the bar, and you already know your life is messed up. Is this what you want to hear?

OR

You stumble out of the bar and a Christan walks up and says. Hey, I noticed you come here a lot, and must have some great turmoil going on inside you. If you let me I would like to help you sort some things in life out because I know your not happy.

Which one do you want to come talk to you?

Mike.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike

The US is the human body. When scripture speaks of our heart, kidneys, liver, spine, etc there is a lesson to help us understand God.

Genesis 1:26
26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Evidently God did not put the Holy Ghost in man till Pentecost. Mans dominion over earth was a type of God's dominion over the spiritual world. (?).

Romans 1:20
19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

You actually asked about the USA and I missed the connection. My world is a strange world to some. Most folks do not expect to see a hidden man of the heart when they read
I Peter 3:4
4 But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.

I get a biology textbook out and look at Gods physical creation.

Many folks probably thought US was USA. Poor choice of caps for some titles. I probably have confused more than I ever thought.

Nope just lavers for washing are probably kidneys etc. Just think inner man is a type and shadow of 'God.

eddif

Thanks reba for the thread move. Apologetics & Theology gives a little more room for discussion. This way everyone can feel a little more free to make comments. I have become so used to the blog area I may be slow to respond. I may shift gears and be right at home.

Feel free to Jump Right Into The Immune System. Probably the immune system is a lot like Admin on this site. We posters are watched over to discern if we are doing correctly. If we get totally out of line we are put in quarantine (of a sorts).

Mitspa are you out there? I wanted to respond to your wonderful post. If we all remain civil on this thread, we may learn a little more about how / what we think.

The Revelation letters to the angels of the churches, show the good and bad points of the churches. If we make negative comments, I hope the positive comments are right there too.

eddif

Walking away from temptation is veeerry hard, but well worth it in the end.
That's why I make all my resolutions on January 1st. ;)
Learn from your mistakes!

1. God has made a new covenant with us—one that is based on His faithfulness, not ours (Philippians 1:6, AMP, Hebrews 8:7-9, AMP).
  2. “If we are faithless [do not believe and are untrue to Him], He remains true (faithful to His Word and His righteous character), for He cannot deny Himself” (2 Timothy 2:13, AMP).
    1. Many times we believe we have to meet requirements to earn God’s favor.
    2. However, even when we miss the mark, God remains faithful to His Word.
    3. We must be aware of turning spiritual activities, such as prayer, church attendance, and confessing the Word into works.
    4. To keep out of this self deception, we must keep first things first—our relationship with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and our trust in Him.
    5. It all boils down to trust. In all that we do in faith, we should do so trusting in God’s ability, and His faithfulness.

Ephesians 6:12
12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Galatians 5:17
17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

II Corinthians 10:4
4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)

Romans 14:1
Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations.

Weak brothers are still brothers, but you just are not to discuss some theology with them (foods for instance ?). God evidently receives weak Christians (they should grow up, but some evidentily have a Peter Pan desire to never grow up)

Romans 14:3
3 Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.

Romans 15:1
We then that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves.

You can not demand strength from the weak IMHO. If a person is physically dead, you can not get them to agree with you to be raised from the dead IMHO. If a person has Alzheimers you are the one praying for healing IMHO.

Hebrews 5:12
12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.

All the above may be your brothers. You might think they are in need of maturity, but they are not the enemy. The evil one comes to steal kill and destroy. Steal maturity, steal strength, destroy tender plants.

A kidney that is weak is still a kidney. We need to not throw away that which Jesus died for.

eddif

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back