Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Standing on the Promises

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
"25 I know that my redeemer[a] lives,
and that in the end he will stand on the earth.[b]
26 And after my skin has been destroyed,
yet[c] in[d] my flesh I will see God;
27 I myself will see him
with my own eyes—I, and not another.
How my heart yearns within me!" Job 19:25-27
I know this is true. He's like that, you know. Sigh.

I know. I didn't mean you there or I wouldn't be encouraging you to write. Very little goes over your head mentally. I'm just talking about how some of the things God has shown me are contrary to established assumptions, and it can cause even the intelligent to sort of miss what's being said if they're not paying close attention. I know this because I used to teach Bible studies in our home, and I had intelligent people in our group who would smile at me and nod their heads like they fully understood what I was saying, and then two weeks later their actions and words revealed that they didn't hear a thing I said. I've also been friends with a couple different pastors who grossly underestimated how strong I am in the word. But I'll be posting stuff all over the place here eventually, including here, so we'll go over some things together when the time comes and you can tell me what you think. We also had a few students who were very sharp and spiritually perceptive, and my wife tells me that to this day (8 years later now), one of them still reminds her of things I taught, saying, "Remember when brother Chris taught us about this?" My wife will be like, "No..." LoL.

Anyway, should be fun down the road. I'll be happy to run some things by you, and then get your reaction. God bless. :)

Not to worry, SV. I will be back eventually. It's not as if I'm off for good. But something Sister shared in her post about a dream she had appears to confirm what the Lord was telling me in mine, so I think I'd better trust my judgment here and just skiddadle for now. I can indeed be rather dominant in my teaching and influence, and the last thing I want to do is cause anyone harm or make anyone fearful of anything by my presence. That's not the idea at all.

So time to roll again, but I'll be back around eventually and we can talk again then. God bless, and it's been wonderful getting to know you and the others here. And thanks for the concern on the dream stuff. I just lead a pretty complicated life is all.

Talk to you soon,
- H
Consider those who will miss you privy the things you do on this forum. I believe that if you let dream be, it will turn out positive.

I have an example; one day I had a dream that I took my steam iron to a technician and it got better. I woke up and took the steam iron truly to the technician and afterwards the steam iron got worse. I had to buy another.

When the Spirit puts us in position and we do not follow intuition we will have bigger wins.

Apostle Paul was told not to travel because of scary vision but he did not oblige. He follow the right cause..

If you eventually leave and did not take note of what is what. You will come back to begin where you have left.

I'm going to be more careful before sharing next time I think, because I want it to match the actual meaning of the passage and not the path my mind takes with things. LOL. I got excited to share something and God put things on my heart that I need to make sure match the right places. But I got the fear out of the way of being off with it. I don't want to teach as much as I want to encourage. But I want understanding too. Make sure I'm not sharing things without gaining my own spiritual discernment also. I think this is good to practice, but please share your thoughts too.

I think this goes with dreams too. Especially with dreams! The Word of God needs to be my focus. It will never lead me or anyone else astray. It really does go back to distraction I think.

Sometimes the Lord gives me a dream. I usually don't even try to understand what it means. I find they are often pre-confirmation. As something starts to unfold in my life, I begin to understand the dream. I find it harder to screw this kind up. He thinks of everything! Lol

Being Different from the World

One time I had this dream I was riding in a monorail on a subway. I was speeding through the darkness. Looking out the window, I saw two men arguing at the top of their lungs over politics. One was a Democrat and the other was a Republican. Then the dream flashed and I was sitting on a wooden chair. I opened my Bible and it was like a pop-up of two people with the Words of God written over them. They were arguing and yelling at the top of their lungs on what the scriptures meant.

Regardless of what anyone thinks about dreams, this had a pretty profound impact on me. How often is what we say and do as Christians like that of the world? I can hardly stand politics, so I am thinking if I was an unbeliever, if I saw Christians arguing like that over the Bible, I would be putting it down. This is what unbelievers see quite often though. An average trip to a Christian forum shows a plethora of beliefs and debate. Christians are divided in pretty much everything. It isn't the differences in beliefs as much as it is the attitude toward one another that is bothersome. Christians tear other Christians apart about things that matter little from an eternal perspective. (Not talking about CF net!)

Romans 12:2 says, "And do not be conformed to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you will be able to prove what the will of God is, that which is good, and acceptable, and perfect." Presenting our bodies as a living and Holy sacrifice is what matters in regards to eternity. What fruits of the spirit shine in your life? What spiritual gifts does Romans 12 talk about that you are using for the kingdom of God? The transformation that people see in believers is what will matter in the long run. Living by God's Word is what will speak louder then words.

Then there is 1 Peter 3:15- "But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect..." As Christians, should we be able to defend what we believe? Yes. But with our transformed minds and embolden spirits, do we need to backbite, gossip, and explain the why in a demeaning way? Not according to 1 Peter 3:15. Sometimes it may be as Jesus had to do, flipping over tables in the temple, but by no means are we to look like the world. The difference is Jesus finished it. Actions speak louder then words. Christians need to shut up and get up. I say that with all gentleness and respect, to myself as well.

1 John 1:7 in Amplified: "but if we [really] walk in the Light [that is, live each and every day in conformity with the precepts of God], as He Himself is in the Light, we have [true, unbroken] fellowship with one another [He with us, and we with Him], and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin [by erasing the stain of sin, keeping us cleansed from sin in all its forms and manifestations]." Walking in the precepts of God is the best way to prove the will of God. Whatever is going on in the world, the answer is still growing closer to God and growing in understanding of His Word. Present the Truth in love, church! Don't look like the world or be distracted by it!

How many ways can you split a hair? The sly, intelligent, self-promoting ones are the survivors, just like the world.
Just a fact of life! Schisms within schisms within schisms.
Then you pull up a scripture, and start a battle over translations, interpretations, denominations, OSAS, cessationism, it just goes on, ad nauseum. You stand back and see that love is rare. You say something about love, and a new battle begins.
Truth be known, the only reason I'm online at all is because of my poor health and if I don't do this, well, the last time I left, I looked at the walls for ten weeks and had to come back for my sanity's sake. It's all I have, so here I am.
I guess if the Lord wanted me to do something else, He'd open a door.

Thanks, sister. I don't include everyone in the above. The ones that are consistently caring, without anything to gain, I respect those ones.

God is able to work all things together for the good of those who love Him (Jesus said that if we love Him, we'll obey Him), and are called according to His purpose (which I believe is the death and resurrection of self). So one can say...
"I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." - Galatians 2:20 NIV

All things works together for good.
God is able to work all things together for the good of those who love Him (Jesus said that if we love Him, we'll obey Him), and are called according to His purpose (which I believe is the death and resurrection of self). So one can say...
"I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." - Galatians 2:20 NIV
This is amazing. I love to come to this forum because of people who has in-dept insight of the word. I do not see anything as argument until I realized that someone is deliberately arguing however once I see this sometime I fall for it and most times I don't

Being Different from the World

Sister, I have a request. I've been talking with some people publicly about prophecy over at another forum, and I wanted to do a write up on some of the events that happened over the past year or so. You received some dreams about this particular thing, though I can't remember them specifically now.

Think you could send me a conversation here or at CF.Com so I can ask if you remember them? If not, I can go without, but your memory is better than mine, and you would probably remember the details.

Keep in mind, there's elements to the story that have now been fulfilled which I think not even you are aware of yet, but I asked the Lord if I should be posting on it, and He told me I should, as a memorial to the events that took place (no names will be used, including yours). So much happens in my life that I probably should indeed do this, as I will likely forget about it all and move on unless they're put down in print for posterity's sake.

Let me know,
- H

Last edited:
Sister, I have a request. I've been talking with some people publicly about prophecy over at another forum, and I wanted to do a write up on some of the events that happened over the past year or so. You received some dreams about this particular thing, though I can't remember them specifically now.

Think you could send me a conversation here or at CF.Com so I can ask if you remember them? If not, I can go without, but your memory is better than mine, and you would probably remember the details.

Keep in mind, there's elements to the story that have now been fulfilled which I think not even you are aware of yet, but I asked the Lord if I should be posting on it, and He told me I should, as a memorial to the events that took place (no names will be used, including yours). So much happens in my life that I probably should indeed do this, as I will likely forget about it all and move on unless they're put down in print for posterity's sake.

Let me know,
- H

Yeah... maybe cancel that. I do remember one vividly, and that should be sufficient. I don't think you need to be thinking on that stuff again.

My apologies.

Is it a a prophecy that relates with me. I am hoping to visit America with my family someday even to live there but sometimes I just look at the whole thing and say, how will such be possible when I do not even know anyone in America. These things somehow look like prophecy but does it mean it will manifest. Hidden In Him I want you to understand that some prophecy are pictures of events in future that can only happen when the time is fulfilled.

Long time ago before Jesus was born in

Zechariah 9:9

Everyone in Jerusalem, celebrate and shout! Your king has won a victory, and he is coming to you. He is humble and rides on a donkey; he comes on the colt of a donkey. Zechariah 9:9

Now after many years Jesus had it in mind to naturally ride on a Donkey to Jerusalem and the prophecy was fulfilled.

In the above scenery only God determines fulfillment of prophecy or dreams.

I see dream as warning and prophecy as miracles (when I consider my case of having to live in the US or Canada someday with my family whereas I have no one in those country and somehow am not even .... ) But when this prophecy is fulfilled it is a miracle and if dreams come true it will be as results of the warning we did not heed to.

Sister Norman Hidden In Him

Difference between prophecy and dream. Do you agree with same values

Prophecy is a miracle, dream is a warning. Do you agree.

In my understanding, prophecy means, "hearing God's voice."
He may speak through the written word, an inner voice, an external voice, through dreams, visions, and a myriad of other ways. Being able to discern when it's Him, what He's saying, and if applicable, the timing, is crucial.

Let me know,
- H

I'm sorry Hidden. I'm not sure what to think about what happened with all the dreams I shared with you last year. I realize I'm talking about them lately. I'm trying to ask God's discernment and I'll pray about it. I have work in a bit here. I do want accountability if we pm again. for_his_glory if I decide to pm Hidden here, could I tag you too? You seem to have experience with dreams too.

I'm sorry Hidden. I'm not sure what to think about what happened with all the dreams I shared with you last year. I realize I'm talking about them lately. I'm trying to ask God's discernment and I'll pray about it. I have work in a bit here. I do want accountability if we pm again. for_his_glory if I decide to pm Hidden here, could I tag you too? You seem to have experience with dreams too.

It's alright. I feel a responsibility before God here not to let the testimony be hidden away under a bushel basket, so to speak. But I tend to forget that the ordeal you went through with all that was pretty severe, and how just remembering certain aspects of it might stress you out again.

Pray about it, but I'm fine without it. I probably shouldn't even have asked, just that some of the information that would/ might be useful is stuff only you remember. But your welfare is more important to me than that. That said, I thought you might be interested to know that the dream of the "rock monster" returning was on its way to coming to pass elsewhere but it got headed off, and specifically because of that dream and the fact that people were warned in advance. But again, the whole thing may be stressful, so I'm torn between asking you and just withdrawing the request. I'm actually still mulling over posting it all publicly or not, but from where I am sitting, the prophetic gifts are still in operation today, and I think such things should be made known to more than just the few people in the know.

They will be eventually one way or another, so I'm at peace with it either way.

Yes you can sis

Back