Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

T.U.L.I.P. - Perseverance of the Saints

As I said, Jesus is giving instruction to His disciples in the hearing of the Pharisee, as to how to go after His sheep who become lost, knowing His time is short, He is imparting to them Heavens desire for His sheep who wander away and become lost, to be found and return to God and be reconciled back to Him, through repentance.
Actually, Jesus was correcting the Pharisees in all three parables, responding directly to their criticism of him (which is why their presence and criticism was recorded). In the first two parables, Jesus explains why he is spending time with “sinners”. In the third parable, the object lesson is not the prodigal son, but the hard heart of the brother that stayed behind ... he represented the Pharisees in this situation (angry that their sinner brothers were being restored).

Actually, Jesus was correcting the Pharisees in all three parables, responding directly to their criticism of him (which is why their presence and criticism was recorded). In the first two parables, Jesus explains why he is spending time with “sinners”. In the third parable, the object lesson is not the prodigal son, but the hard heart of the brother that stayed behind ... he represented the Pharisees in this situation (angry that their sinner brothers were being restored).

Their are many lessons in these parables.

So you believe the Pharisees were saved, and reconciled with the Father?

JLB

Many pharisees went off to destruction at the hands of the Romans in AD 70 Quote: :Over a million Judeans were killed in this war.
The remant became the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabbinic_Judaism with all the empty rituals and beliefs they have today.
For example, the written Torah prohibits certain types of traveling on the Sabbath; consequently, the Oral Torah prohibits walking great distances on the Sabbath to ensure that one does not accidentally engage in a type of traveling prohibited by the written Torah. Similarly, the written Torah prohibits plowing on the Sabbath; the Oral Torah prohibits carrying a stick on the Sabbath to ensure that one does not drag the stick and accidentally engage in prohibited plowing.
This is what Jesus dealt with when he cured people on Sabbath, ate without washing his hands etc.
The fate of the Pharisees or any other Jew are no concern of Christians.

Im not a fan of scripture tennis as verses just get tossed back and forth resulting in a stalemate.
Once saved tells me that it is a one time event rather than an ongoing process.
Always saved tells me that it cannot be lost regardless of what you do.

I don't see that being the case but Im not too sure. Therefore I tend to view it like this; besides faith i can approach God with good deeds, bad deeds or no deeds. The answer is clear to me. Weather we can loose our salvation or not I choose to do good deeds.

"What happens if a person who is born again commits a sin such as murder or suicide, like Judas, and dies unrepentant? That would show he never was really born again"

The problem I find with being "born again" is that one cannot be certain if they had a born again moment. The existence of false conversions supports this. A person can live their whole lives believing they are saved when in fact their epiphany was nothing more than a dream or thought

So the inability to know for sure who is saved undercuts the assurance of salvation. One can’t be sure of their assurance until they’re safely dead, which means they have no assurance at all.

To answer your question about that verse u quoted i think the word "if" says everything. Your saved if... If not then you can fall from grace and loose your salvation.
so the doctrine of osas /osnas can be disissued now? there goes the golden cow
:thumbsup

Back