Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Talk About A Slap In The Face

Lewis

I am totally upset about this, what is going on in America, some of us has lost our minds. This is just pure craziness. The Muslims killed about 5000 of us, and now they get to put up a Muslim Mosque, something is wrong with that picture.
Mosque To Be Built Near Ground Zero In New York Amid Discord

More at : Mosque To Be Built Near Ground Zero In New York Amid Discord http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/wor ... z0wAYmfe7V
August 4, 2010 (Pen Men at Work): The path has been emptied for altering a property in New York into a Mohammedan community center and mosque. However, this development has been massively divisive. The rationale behind the controversy associated with this planned mosque is that the property, on which the mosque is going to be constructed, is in close proximity to ‘ground zero’. Numerous Americans are enraged by the thought of a mosque so close to ‘ground zero’, which will interminably be associated with the tragedy of 9/11. 9/11 happened due to the actions of Mohammedan terrorists. Therefore, some national politicians of America, a bunch of political officials of New York and the Anti-Defamation League have come into sight in recent weeks with their argument that the planned mosque will disregard the recollection of those murdered in the 2001 terrorist atrocities.

Park51 happens to be the name of the venture of building the mosque. The planners of the venture have uttered in their website that they are eager to commence functioning with their colleagues, advocates, neighbors and communities in order to construct a community centre for all the Americans.

Sharif El-Gamal happens to be the C.E.O. of Soho Properties. He has expressed that they have functioned indefatigably in the past four months to execute an American dream. He divulged that the deluge of backing for them has gone beyond their hopes. Sharif has asserted that they are American Muslims, who stem from diverse arenas such as business, law, medicine, hotel industry, cab drivers, etc. They are patriotic and cherish the values of tolerance, freedom and equality that America stands for.

The mayor of New York City happens to be Michael R. Bloomberg. He, along with a few city representatives, has backed the mosque and the community center. Bloomberg has revealed that the denial of religious liberty to the American Muslims would be a gift to the Islamic terrorists.

Detractors of the mosque include previous vice presidential contender, Sarah Palin, of the conservative Republican Party. She and fellow rightists have contended that a mosque so near to the landscape of the most horrible terrorist outrage in America is needless aggravation. She has urged peaceable Muslims to reject the mosque to enable the success of the process of healing. A mosque would only pierce American hearts.

The Anti-Defamation League happens to be an organization that fights against anti-Semitism and other sorts of narrow-mindedness. The League has recommended that the Islamic centre and mosque be erected far beyond ‘ground zero’ taking into consideration the sentiments of the kith and kin of those, who perished in the 9/11 attacks. The League has elucidated that the construction of a Mohammedan center in the shadow of the World Trade Centre (WTC) will supply pointless anguish to the individuals whose nearest and dearest died on 9/11.

On Tuesday, the Landmarks Preservation Commission (LPC) cast its vote 9-0. The Commission has mentioned that the 152-year-old edifice in which the mosque is to be built is two blocks from the WTC. The edifice wasn’t out of the ordinary or idiosyncratic enough to satisfy the principles for achieving landmark status. If that status had been given by the LPC, the mosque’s construction would have been stopped.

The American Center for Law and Justice happens to be a right-wing support organization originated by the Rev. Pat Robertson. It enunciated that it would challenge the LPC’s verdict in the state court on Wednesday.

More at : Mosque To Be Built Near Ground Zero In New York Amid Discord http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/wor ... z0wAYybvKC

http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/wor ... 07107.html

Thar goes the neighborhood.

The only ones who have rights are non-christians.

John said:
The only problem i see is that Muslims did not kill anyone. 9/11 was an inside job.
John we don't believe that, and that thought is dead, so I will leave it there.

John said:
The only problem i see is that Muslims did not kill anyone. 9/11 was an inside job.
:screwloose

There is another thread on it, but someone turned it into a topic on rights and then started his normal spiel on his once-gay-always-gay doctrine, a tactic to move away from the issue at hand!

As I said there, the Muslims can sum up the "American religion" with three words, World Trade Center. To them the "American religion" is capitalism, money, stocks, trade, commerce, goods, prosperity, greed, ect. ect.. They toppled our "temple" of "worship". As history shows, once they destroy the temples of the enemy they go on to build their own temple on top of it (This is actually a tradition dating back to a time long before Mohammad came up with the world's greatest gimmick). So, they build a temple on top (or in this case, as close as they can possibly get) to our "American temple".

The thing they do not know is that the "American religion" is not contained by a single building, but an idea that has transcended the generations (up until the 70's at least!) and has expanded beyond the confines of America herself. Of course it is not really a religion at all, but an idea based upon the Bible. This idea is the pure, unadulterated freedom given to us by God Almighty!

As an interesting side note, the "American religion" they are trying to build their temple over is the only thing that is keeping the entire population of New York City from violently throwing them into the Hudson River...

As an interesting side note, the "American religion" they are trying to build their temple over is the only thing that is keeping the entire population of New York City from violently throwing them into the Hudson River...
Amen to that, and let me say it one more time amen to that and a million hallelujahs.

Building a mosque there will be proof to the Muslims that America is a defeated nation. Then they will be emboldened to commit more acts of terrorism. :bigfrown

mdo757 said:
Building a mosque there will be proof to the Muslims that America is a defeated nation. Then they will be emboldened to commit more acts of terrorism. :bigfrown

Like in Spain, France, Germany, England, Denmark, ect. ect.. Though, I must say one of those eastern block countries is doing a positively splendid job at repelling Muslims, and I do applaud the French on their gutsy move.

I met a woman, last February, who lived in England and was being extradited back to England because she called Islam a false religion...

Well, if you look at this from a couple of different perspectives it is a very murky picture. On one hand you have a national tragedy of which many are still recovering from, and this would be a very bad move to help ease tensions in an already divided landscape. On the other hand you also have the constitution of the United States to uphold. The very things that we claim to be the best thing about America is the one thing that is being threatened here:Freedom of Religion. This country was built on an atheistic construct. We took laws from the Bible and from the Empire that we came from. This country was never built on the premise to interfere with religious beliefs or the building of places to worship. I think that the leaders of this mosque should really take a look at the situation and take the high road. If they are true Americans than they should see that this is a no win situation. This will only end badly for both sides. If they build it then a radical will bomb it and further the rift between people and if we deny it then will be providing fuel for the extremists to recruit even more members here in the states. There needs to be a back office meeting with influential people who are involved with this transaction and an understanding needs to be made. Maybe a Memorial to the Muslims who lost their lives in the WTC tragedy, or some sort of vigil set up by the Muslim community would be more beneficial than a mosque.

Neo,

First, I beg to differ on the issue of American's creation. It was not founded on an "atheistic construct", though this is what is taught in the modern public school education. I can recommend a variety of books if you wish to further learn about America's creation and the influences that came into making it. I'd just rather that talk further on it here, you understand.

Second, though freedom of religion is a very important aspect of this nation there were caveats in place. As with caveats put in place to defend America from radical elected officials (which are not being used, thought hey ought to be) the Founders have put in place "false-safes" if you will to guard against an enemy that masks itself as "religion". Again, this is probably not the place for this.

Third, though the idea of a memorial for the Muslims lost in the WTC is an kind idea, I believe it, as with a memorial erected solely for the Christians or the Jews, is out of place and disrespectful. We ought to never memorialize one person more than another solely on their religion. It also helps that the grand total body count of Muslims who died in the WTC is all of 40. Not to diminish their death, just saying, I think the current memorial ought to suffice.

I do think you make a good point. It would be very wise of these Muslims to simple abort this project of theirs. Though the bulk of the people behind it are not American, so would have no care in the world about being "true Americans", they would still be wise to go elsewhere with their billions of dollars, though terrorist training camps is not the place!

On an entirely separate note, I am curious: if the Muslims wish to view this mosque/monstrosity (truly, look at the design, it is butt ugly!) some form of cultural acceptance and what-not building how opposed would they be to having a Christian church inside of it as well?

And another side note, would anyone be interested in financing my new pulled pork stand I plan on opening right in front of the planned mosque? :chin

This country was a refuge for those seeking a religious sanctuary. I seriously doubt the founder fathers forgot about that, but you are right that is another subject for another place.

I think it would be a grand idea to have church and a mosque side by side at that location. It would help to show a unity there. I don't think it will happen though but it would be a good idea.

And if it were to happen the mosque would be closed inside of a year, since everyone there would finally be able to hear the Good News about Jesus Christ and learn that their moolahsz (or w/e) have been leading them astray, the way a thief leads a flock astray.

Neo said:
This country was a refuge for those seeking a religious sanctuary. I seriously doubt the founder fathers forgot about that, but you are right that is another subject for another place.

I think it would be a grand idea to have church and a mosque side by side at that location. It would help to show a unity there. I don't think it will happen though but it would be a good idea.
Unity, unity, unity you say. That's sick.

Like it or not we do share this planet with people that disagree with each other. It is only fair to try to get along with each other without trying to cram out views down each others throats.

John said:
Thats right, Laugh it up guys...

You bring up a good point...But clearly the muslims committed this horrific act....was there two parties in on this?

Building a Mosque there is a bad idea any way

Back