Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Talking about food : your Comfort Food

God's_gift

Spicy noodles is one , but my most favorite is aroz caldo ( Aroz means rice , and caldo means hot) literally it is rice broth with some spices, veges and eggs or beef and chicken very nutritious . I don't know what it's called like in your places but it's aroz caldo here somewhere in a beautiful city of Asia. It is very easy to prepare and I find it very comforting during rainy days and cold season. I discover the recipe when I was living in the dorm way back in university days and so during our overnight study and we have it.
(i wish i can share the picture but my computer can't upload today don't know why )
what's yours..and you can share the picture too :)thank you

That sounds great, I really miss all the noodle houses in San Francisco. We don't have much of that here in Arizona.

My ultimate comfort food is a simple grilled cheese sandwich. Nothing beats that warm gooey goodness. Close behind is biscuits and gravy, chicken & dumplings, or just a big ol' slab o' beef.

I'm in agreement with CN...biscuits and gravy...yummmm...as for the grilled cheese, do you dip it in tomato soup?

Some others....

Peanut butter and strawberry jam on toast.

Meatloaf with mashed potatoes and gravy.

God's_gift, your comfort food is my son's. He loves to boil rice in chicken broth. Sometimes, he'll add other things, but most of the time he'll just eat it just like that.

God bless this food and please O please remove the calories. :sad

Nothing tops biscuits and gravy the side dish is biscuit dripping in butter and honey :)

homemade chicken & fat dumplings - definitely comfort food

pecan pie

pumpkin pie

root beer ice cream/coke float

M&Ms

Rum and diet cokes.

I swear and promise that I don't drive afterwards, and even after having a few I hardly remember my BAC tester getting above .08, but maybe that's why I sometimes sound goofy.

Keeps the blood pressure low, though --- the soda is actually worse for me than alcohol considering that's sugar substitute additive. But we all have to have some vice. I don't always practice what I preach.

My favorite Internet doctor, Dr. Douglass, the same one who talks about the same health stuff I do, seems to think that up to 5 drinks at one time is OK 2-3 times a week. That's a whole BIG bottle of hard stuff in like 2.5 weeks. I don't do that much I know. More like in a month.

noodle-soup.jpg

Seafood noodles

19-250x250.jpg

HSBC-IceKachang-224x300.jpg

Sweet desserts

:thumbsup

Grilled cheese sammich, french fries, chocolate malts. My brother and I share this as one of our favorite meals growing up, so simple but yet so yummy. Not the best for you but still comforting! :) Don't have it often but part of the reason its a comfort food, my dad passed away in 2006, and this meal always makes me think of him and how much of a great Dad he was to me growing up.

Grilled cheese sammich, french fries, chocolate malts. My brother and I share this as one of our favorite meals growing up, so simple but yet so yummy. Not the best for you but still comforting! :) Don't have it often but part of the reason its a comfort food, my dad passed away in 2006, and this meal always makes me think of him and how much of a great Dad he was to me growing up.

I think grilled cheese sandwiches were a big thing in the 60's when I was a kid as well. We always had them.

That reminds me. Anyone here have that same custom of grilled cheese and tomato soup after church for lunch? Seems like I always remember mom making them as a simple lunch until I got tired of them! :lol

Back