Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Tasted Death for every Man !

Jesus, the Son of God, made it possible for us to do our part.
Paul writes..."Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling." (Phil 2:12)

Before Jesus died and rose again, men had only the Law's measures for living Godly lives.
Nobody could be successful at it.
That has changed.
Now we can all live Godly lives !
He suffered and died, but that didnt do anything according to you but made salvation possible. The most important part is what made Salvation a reality, since Christs part only made it possible. You did the most important part that saved you from hell, not Christ, He made it merely possible.

He suffered and died, but that didnt do anything according to you but made salvation possible. The most important part is what made Salvation a reality, since Christs part only made it possible. You did the most important part that saved you from hell, not Christ, He made it merely possible.
:whirl

brightfame52,
They want Him to be a kinda Saviour, but they reserve the right to tell Him who, where, when, and how much.
Really astounding, isn't it?

Last edited:
brightfame52,
They want Him to be a kinda Saviour, but they reserve the right to tell Him where, when, and how much.
Really astounding, isn't it?
What's astounding is the you're following a man's teachings instead of Jesus' teachings.

And he taught a different gospel.
And you fell for it, probably because you think it takes all responsibility off you.

Your above post shows deep disrespect toward another Christian.

Do you believe this is the character God embedded in you?

You do believe he decrees everything right?
You sure do worship a strange God.

A God that decrees for you to disrespect your fellow Christian brothers when Jesus taught that the world would know we are His disciples by the love we have for one another.
John 13:35

A strange God indeed that you serve.

As you seem set on believing that God doesn't love everyone enough to make His advocacy available to all men, while I do, further conversation is fruitless.

The Word of God is good unto salvation (Romans 1:16), so I know that the Word of God saves from the wrath of God every single person that God loves, yet you preach that the Word of God is fruitless, but I know that the Word of God is of immeasurable value!

Oh, how Lord Jesus loves us, how He loves us ones the Holy Spirit controls!

Your free-willian philosophy is proven false in the below as well as this post about 1 John 2:1-2, and now you just try to evade this proof of your confusion instead of admitting your thoughts against Christ who says "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) and "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, includes salvation).

Said to the twelve apostles.

How do you know you were "chosen" ?

Let us behold the audience of Lord Jesus Christ saying "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) and "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, includes salvation).

By the time Jesus bestows these blessings to all believers in all time, Judas Iscariot departed, so that leaves 11, not your "the twelve apostles", but truly the eleven,, so you are in confusion.

At the time Jesus bestows these blessings to all believers in all time, Joseph called Barsabbas (who was also called Justus), and Matthias (Acts 1:21-23) were also present, not your "the twelve apostles", but truly a minimum of 13 persons is contextually established,, so you are in confusion.

At the time Jesus bestows these blessings to all believers in all time (see John 15:16-19), the Lord explained "If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you" (John 15:20) JUST ONE VERSE AFTER JOHN 15:19, so this word of Christ's is in context with the manner the world persecutes Christians as Christ's words recorded in Mark 13:1-37 including "What I say to you I say to all" (Mark 13:37) THUS CONTEXT EXISTS BETWEEN JOHN 15:16, JOHN 15:19, JOHN 15:20, AND MARK 13:37, so you are in confusion.

You do not keep Lord Jesus Christ!s words recorded in John 15:16-19 because you think that this Word of God is inapplicable to Christians today! Lord Jesus has something to say about people who do not keep Lord Jesus Christ's words "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him. He who does not love Me does not keep My words" (John 14:23-24).

Friend Of Jesus (John 15:15) Relation To Exclusive Choice By Jesus (John 15:16)​

Lord Jesus immediately adjacently joins persons chosen by Jesus with selfsame persons being friends of Friend Jesus (John 15:15-16).

""I have called you friends, for all things that I have heard from My Father I have made known to you. You did not choose Me but I chose you" (John 15:15-16) says Lord Jesus.
A friend of Jesus does not choose Jesus, but Jesus does choose the friend of Jesus (John 15:15-16), and a friend of Jesus does what Jesus commands (John 15:14) by the appointment of Jesus (John 15:16) thus being a friend of Jesus by the Christ's choosing (John 15:14-16).
FREE-WILLIANS DISAVOW CHRIST'S WORDS OF "YOU DID NOT CHOOSE ME" (JOHN 15:16) FOR THEMSELVES WHILE AT THE SAME TIME DECLARING THE WORDS AS EXCLUSIVELY APPLICABLE TO THE APOSTLES; THEREFORE, FREE-WILLIANS DENY BEING A FRIEND OF JESUS WHICH JESUS COVERS IN THE SAME SAYINGS OF JESUS.

A friend of Jesus marvels at the glorious exclusive work of God's salvation of man; on the other hand, an enemy of Jesus steals the exclusive glory of man's salvation from God by saying things like "I chose Jesus" or "I accepted Jesus" resulting in the following implications to free-willian philosophy:

• the enemy of Jesus rejects Jesus * Who says Who He is, and Jesus declares Himself Sovereign, the exclusive Controller, in man's salvation.
  • the enemy of Jesus does not receive the sayings of Jesus * for the enemy disavows Jesus' sayings about God's exclusive choosing of man (John 15:16, John 15:19 includes salvation).
  • the enemy of Jesus thinks the enemy compels God to provide salvation; in other words, the enemy of Jesus thinks that God must obey man's command for salvation to enter the heart of man, also without a man's affirming decision (choosing of Jesus) there is no salvation for the man.
  • the enemy of Jesus gets the glory, yet God does not give His glory to another (Isaiah 42:8).

* "He who rejects Me and does not receive My sayings, has one who judges him; the word I spoke is what will judge him at the last day" (John 12:48).
In their hearts self-willed persons (2 Peter 2:9-10) in effect remove themselves from being friends of Jesus.

By the Power of God, for God's glory (Isaiah 42:8), the friend of Jesus bears good fruit/works because apart from Jesus a person can do nothing (John 15:5).

By the Power of God, by God's grace, for God's glory (Isaiah 42:8), the friend of Jesus is saved from the wrath of God because Jesus, Lord and God (John 20:28), says "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19).

We Christians believe the Christ exclusively chooses persons unto salvation:
  • "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (Lord Jesus Christ, John 15:16), so God chooses people to be friends (John 15:15, the prior verse) and to believe (John 6:29) and to be born again (John 3:3-8) and for righteous works (John 3:21, John 15:5) and to repent (Matthew 11:25) and to love (John 13:34) and unto salvation (John 15:19 the same passage).
  • "I chose you out of the world" (Lord Jesus Christ, John 15:19, includes salvation), so God exclusively chooses people unto salvation.
  • "What I say to you I say to all" (Lord Jesus Christ, Mark 13:37 - Jesus had taken the Apostles Peter, Andrew, James, and John aside in private and said this), so all the blessings of God mentioned above are to all believers in all time.
The only way for free-willian philosophers to acheive free-will is for free-willians to add to the Word of God, and it is written "do not add to His words or He will reprove you, and you will be proved a liar" (Proverbs 30:6).

We Christians are blessed of God to be chosen by Lord Jesus without exception because the Word of God says "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (Lord Jesus Christ, John 15:16) and "I chose you out of the world" (Lord Jesus Christ, John 15:19, includes salvation)!

The Word of God is good unto salvation (Romans 1:16), so I know that the Word of God saves from the wrath of God every single person that God loves, yet you preach that the Word of God is fruitless, but I know that the Word of God is of immeasurable value!

Oh, how Lord Jesus loves us, how He loves us ones the Holy Spirit controls!

Your free-willian philosophy is proven false in the below as well as this post about 1 John 2:1-2, and now you just try to evade this proof of your confusion instead of admitting your thoughts against Christ who says "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) and "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, includes salvation).

Let us behold the audience of Lord Jesus Christ saying "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) and "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, includes salvation).

By the time Jesus bestows these blessings to all believers in all time, Judas Iscariot departed, so that leaves 11, not your "the twelve apostles", but truly the eleven,, so you are in confusion.

At the time Jesus bestows these blessings to all believers in all time, Joseph called Barsabbas (who was also called Justus), and Matthias (Acts 1:21-23) were also present, not your "the twelve apostles", but truly a minimum of 13 persons is contextually established,, so you are in confusion.

At the time Jesus bestows these blessings to all believers in all time (see John 15:16-19), the Lord explained "If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you" (John 15:20) JUST ONE VERSE AFTER JOHN 15:19, so this word of Christ's is in context with the manner the world persecutes Christians as Christ's words recorded in Mark 13:1-37 including "What I say to you I say to all" (Mark 13:37) THUS CONTEXT EXISTS BETWEEN JOHN 15:16, JOHN 15:19, JOHN 15:20, AND MARK 13:37, so you are in confusion.

You do not keep Lord Jesus Christ!s words recorded in John 15:16-19 because you think that this Word of God is inapplicable to Christians today! Lord Jesus has something to say about people who do not keep Lord Jesus Christ's words "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him. He who does not love Me does not keep My words" (John 14:23-24).

Friend Of Jesus (John 15:15) Relation To Exclusive Choice By Jesus (John 15:16)​

Lord Jesus immediately adjacently joins persons chosen by Jesus with selfsame persons being friends of Friend Jesus (John 15:15-16).
""I have called you friends, for all things that I have heard from My Father I have made known to you. You did not choose Me but I chose you" (John 15:15-16) says Lord Jesus.​
A friend of Jesus does not choose Jesus, but Jesus does choose the friend of Jesus (John 15:15-16), and a friend of Jesus does what Jesus commands (John 15:14) by the appointment of Jesus (John 15:16) thus being a friend of Jesus by the Christ's choosing (John 15:14-16).
FREE-WILLIANS DISAVOW CHRIST'S WORDS OF "YOU DID NOT CHOOSE ME" (JOHN 15:16) FOR THEMSELVES WHILE AT THE SAME TIME DECLARING THE WORDS AS EXCLUSIVELY APPLICABLE TO THE APOSTLES; THEREFORE, FREE-WILLIANS DENY BEING A FRIEND OF JESUS WHICH JESUS COVERS IN THE SAME SAYINGS OF JESUS.

A friend of Jesus marvels at the glorious exclusive work of God's salvation of man; on the other hand, an enemy of Jesus steals the exclusive glory of man's salvation from God by saying things like "I chose Jesus" or "I accepted Jesus" resulting in the following implications to free-willian philosophy:

• the enemy of Jesus rejects Jesus * Who says Who He is, and Jesus declares Himself Sovereign, the exclusive Controller, in man's salvation.
  • the enemy of Jesus does not receive the sayings of Jesus * for the enemy disavows Jesus' sayings about God's exclusive choosing of man (John 15:16, John 15:19 includes salvation).
  • the enemy of Jesus thinks the enemy compels God to provide salvation; in other words, the enemy of Jesus thinks that God must obey man's command for salvation to enter the heart of man, also without a man's affirming decision (choosing of Jesus) there is no salvation for the man.
  • the enemy of Jesus gets the glory, yet God does not give His glory to another (Isaiah 42:8).
* "He who rejects Me and does not receive My sayings, has one who judges him; the word I spoke is what will judge him at the last day" (John 12:48).​
In their hearts self-willed persons (2 Peter 2:9-10) in effect remove themselves from being friends of Jesus.

By the Power of God, for God's glory (Isaiah 42:8), the friend of Jesus bears good fruit/works because apart from Jesus a person can do nothing (John 15:5).

By the Power of God, by God's grace, for God's glory (Isaiah 42:8), the friend of Jesus is saved from the wrath of God because Jesus, Lord and God (John 20:28), says "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19).

We Christians believe the Christ exclusively chooses persons unto salvation:
  • "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (Lord Jesus Christ, John 15:16), so God chooses people to be friends (John 15:15, the prior verse) and to believe (John 6:29) and to be born again (John 3:3-8) and for righteous works (John 3:21, John 15:5) and to repent (Matthew 11:25) and to love (John 13:34) and unto salvation (John 15:19 the same passage).
  • "I chose you out of the world" (Lord Jesus Christ, John 15:19, includes salvation), so God exclusively chooses people unto salvation.
  • "What I say to you I say to all" (Lord Jesus Christ, Mark 13:37 - Jesus had taken the Apostles Peter, Andrew, James, and John aside in private and said this), so all the blessings of God mentioned above are to all believers in all time.
The only way for free-willian philosophers to acheive free-will is for free-willians to add to the Word of God, and it is written "do not add to His words or He will reprove you, and you will be proved a liar" (Proverbs 30:6).

We Christians are blessed of God to be chosen by Lord Jesus without exception because the Word of God says "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (Lord Jesus Christ, John 15:16) and "I chose you out of the world" (Lord Jesus Christ, John 15:19, includes salvation)!
You did not choose me but I chose you is referring to the Apostles.

I think Hopeful 2 is pretty tired of speaking to people that don't understand scripture.

He suffered and died, but that didnt do anything according to you but made salvation possible.
Exactly.
If we ignore and reject what He did for us, His suffering and death will have meant nothing.
If we accept, we can shed the flesh and start walking in the Spirit.
The most important part is what made Salvation a reality, since Christs part only made it possible.
The reality of salvation will be realized on the day of judgement, when our names are found in the book of life.
You did the most important part that saved you from hell, not Christ, He made it merely possible.
I think making it possible was the most important thing.
The option to repent of sin, be washed from past sins in the name of Jesus Christ, rebirth, and walking in the Spirit, weren't there before the resurrection of Christ.

Exactly.
If we ignore and reject what He did for us, His suffering and death will have meant nothing.
If we accept, we can shed the flesh and start walking in the Spirit.

The reality of salvation will be realized on the day of judgement, when our names are found in the book of life.

I think making it possible was the most important thing.
The option to repent of sin, be washed from past sins in the name of Jesus Christ, rebirth, and walking in the Spirit, weren't there before the resurrection of Christ.

Im glad you are honest, but that means you in unbelief you have no faith in His Redeeming Death.

That is your opinion, but the Gospel is plain to understand for those who have ears to hear and eyes to see.

Just take God at His Word.

John 3:14-18 (WEB) 14 As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, 15 that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have eternal life. 17 For God didn’t send his Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world should be saved through him. 18 He who believes in him is not judged. He who doesn’t believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the one and only Son of God.

John 12:47 (WEB) 47 If anyone listens to my sayings, and doesn’t believe, I don’t judge him. For I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.

That is your opinion, but the Gospel is plain to understand for those who have ears to hear and eyes to see.

John 3:14-18 (WEB) 14 As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, 15 that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have eternal life. 17 For God didn’t send his Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world should be saved through him. 18 He who believes in him is not judged. He who doesn’t believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the one and only Son of God.

John 12:47 (WEB) 47 If anyone listens to my sayings, and doesn’t believe, I don’t judge him. For I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
No its the truth, you said it yourself, you dont believe Christ death in and of itself saved anyone. Thats not faith in Christ the Saviour, thats unbelief.

If you don't believe in Him as the Saviour, then you don't believe in Him. To have true belief in Him as the Saviour, means that you must have it fully, completely and in ALL ways, not in ways of your choosing. If your belief is not of that nature, then you reject Him, and attempt to take His glory from Him, to bestow it upon yourself instead, bringing God's wrath against yourself. Belief is only given by God to certain people though His work, which comes as the fruit of the Spirit. This is not given to everyone.

[2Pe 3:18 KJV] 18 But grow in grace, and [in] the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him [be] glory both now and for ever. Amen.

[Jhn 6:29 KJV] 29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

[Jhn 12:37 KJV] 37 But though he had done so many miracles before them, yet they believed not on him:
[Jhn 12:39 KJV] 39 Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again,

[Gal 5:22 KJV] 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

No its the truth, you said it yourself, you dont believe Christ death in and of itself saved anyone. Thats not faith in Christ the Saviour, thats unbelief.
Slander will not help you gain credibility with anyone on this board, except others who are like you.

Here is the question you gave me, which I answered "No:"

brightfame52 said:
So does Christs death in and of itself ensures, saves everyone He died for ? Yes or No please.

Notice, you slandered me by changing one key word, which everyone who sees your post, today and forever, will forever know the kind of person you are.

You changed "everyone" to "anyone."

Christ died for the sins of the world, but the redemption and salvation he paid for are only accessed and kept by faith in Him.

I say to all those reading this post, "Just take God at His Word." I don't say it to "brightfame" anymore, because he rejects the plainly stated Gospel Truth as expressed in Passages, like the ones quoted below:

Romans 5:1-2 (WEB) 1 Being therefore justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ; 2 through whom we also have our access by faith into this grace in which we stand.

If you don't believe in Him as the Saviour, then you don't believe in Him. To have true belief in Him as the Saviour, means that you must have it fully, completely and in ALL ways, not in ways of your choosing. If your belief is not of that nature, then you reject Him, and attempt to take His glory from Him, to bestow it upon yourself instead, bringing God's wrath against yourself. Belief is only given by God to certain people though His work, which comes as the fruit of the Spirit. This is not given to everyone.

[2Pe 3:18 KJV] 18 But grow in grace, and [in] the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him [be] glory both now and for ever. Amen.

[Jhn 6:29 KJV] 29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

[Jhn 12:37 KJV] 37 But though he had done so many miracles before them, yet they believed not on him:
[Jhn 12:39 KJV] 39 Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again,

[Gal 5:22 KJV] 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
None of that Passages you listed state or teach that belief is only given by God to certain people through His work, which comes from the Spirit.

The fruits of the Spirit are the possession of only Christians.

The "fruits of the Spirit," which I have already shown you," are only given to believers - those who belong to Christ (Galatians 5:24). The fruits listed are listed as the character traits that Christians demonstrate as they walk in the Spirit - crucified to the flesh. "Faithfulness" is one of the fruits of the Spirit that are plainly listed that Christians possess as followers of Lord Jesus.

Galatians 5:22-25 (WEB) I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God. 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 Since {{{we}}} live by the Spirit, {{{let us}}} keep in step with the Spirit.

God will harden a sinner’s heart, and also Christian's heart, in punishment, who deliberately keeps on sinning, giving such persons over to their sinfulness (Romans 1:18-32; 2 Thessalonians 2:10-12; Hebrews 10:24-31), whether permanently or temporarily (2 Timothy 2:25-26).

• If God has to harden someone's heart for repeatedly refusing his grace, then that means every human being ever born already has the ability to respond in faith to the Gospel before God hardened them. No special regeneration is required to believe.
  • Therefore, Irresistible Grace is error.

Last edited:
Slander will not help you gain credibility with anyone on this board, except others who are like you.

Here is the question you gave me, which I answered "No:"

brightfame52 said:
So does Christs death in and of itself ensures, saves everyone He died for ? Yes or No please.

Notice, you slandered me by changing one key word, which everyone who sees your post, today and forever, will forever know the kind of person you are.

You changed "everyone" to "anyone."

Christ died for the sins of the world, but the redemption and salvation he paid for are only accessed and kept by faith in Him.

I say to all those reading this post, "Just take God at His Word." I don't say it to "brightfame" anymore, because he rejects the plainly stated Gospel Truth as expressed in Passages, like the ones quoted below:

Romans 5:1-2 (WEB) 1 Being therefore justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ; 2 through whom we also have our access by faith into this grace in which we stand.
Correct you said NO so:
you dont believe Christ death in and of itself saved anyone. Thats not faith in Christ the Saviour, that's unbelief.

:whirl

Correct you said NO so:
you dont believe Christ death in and of itself saved anyone. Thats not faith in Christ the Saviour, that's unbelief.
I never said or stated any such thing in any of my posts on any board ever. And that is not what I believe.

Twice you slander me with no remorse.

Let this message be another eternal witness to all those who will ever read these posts to the kind of person you are.

When are you going to stop parroting sentences and begin to read posts and actually respond to them??

I guess Roger has me on ignore again.
I must really bother him a lot with logic.

Back