Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Teach them the beauty of guns

Should Children be allowed to learn to shoot guns under adult supervision?

• yes

Votes: 14 66.7%
  • no

Votes: 7 33.3%

• Total voters
In my lifetime, I've never been threatened by a gun-wielding person. Instead, the weapon that was held by the threatening person was a knife.

My children were taught to respect guns and were trained properly. They also had (and still have) respect for life. The reason my children were taught initially: we lived in a rural setting, complete with coyotes, wild packs of dogs, poisonous snakes. We had had problems with the wild packs of dogs, not just at night but also during the day. Without our guns, there would have been 2 fewer people on this earth because of those wild dogs.

It's the same in Israel. Everybody is armed to the teeth over there.

Oh, come on Classik. I'll be good to you and not blow you up, lol. Tell me what you think about my post in response to your which said I contradicted myself, and I responded about David and Goliath...
You are borrowing the David-Goliath scenario? How long will one do that? Yes God instructed David to do just that. He instructed you too?

Yes Israel has been in war with these people right from the bible times. They have been defensive all the time. It is as a result of sheer disobedience. Should we dig into the bible a bit? Did God ask his servant to wipe out a particular people and the servant spared some? Later those that were saved are still attacking israel today. You know the story right?
Israel's problem is obvious. Israeli boys can carry guns and bombs to finish off what that was started in the bible. The fight has continued. The devil is also trying to mess things up. The devil, disobedience (Israel), half-brother problem and rivalry, etc are the reason the fight still persists till this day.

So how does it relate to the US citizens? Who is your half brother? :chin

Is America naturally on the defensive? Is there a cause?

If a cat wishes to control another cat what does she do? How long would she do that? What does it take? She is probably on the defensive against what was done to her or all she wants is to control

In my lifetime, I've never been threatened by a gun-wielding person. Instead, the weapon that was held by the threatening person was a knife.

My children were taught to respect guns and were trained properly. They also had (and still have) respect for life. The reason my children were taught initially: we lived in a rural setting, complete with coyotes, wild packs of dogs, poisonous snakes. We had had problems with the wild packs of dogs, not just at night but also during the day. Without our guns, there would have been 2 fewer people on this earth because of those wild dogs.
Just about wild dogs? This gives me more relief

You are borrowing the David-Goliath scenario? How long will one do that? Yes God instructed David to do just that. He instructed you too?...

You bet I'm borrowing the David and Goliath scenario, and I will for my entire life for I have been instructed by it, and all of His words in scripture. :yes

You sound like you don't know much about guns nor the people who use them, nor how we are taught to handle them. My dad had a hand gun, for safety purposes. Before he was paralyzed (for reasons that had nothing whatsoever to do with guns), I remember him doing some target practice. He stressed safety above all else. We were not allowed to handle his gun.
My uncle had guns, some of them for hunting. He kept them locked up, especially when children were around.
My aunt used to hunt. She has a couple deer heads on her living room walls.
I've only ever rarely touched a gun myself (aside from a BB gun), but I've been around those who have and use them enough to know a few things about them.
This is well said. I often think that those who speak out against firearms do so more out of fear resulting from lack of knowledge about guns than the fear of the gun itself. I respect that and I wish I could find the words to put their fears at ease.

When we were young our parents adamantly stressed safety when it came to handling firearms. "Always know where that muzzle is pointing!!!" "Always open the action when picking up a gun or handing a firearm to another person!!!" "Always assume it is loaded!!!" To this day these rules stick in my mind. Any time I even pick up a firearm the first thing I do is open the action and verify that it is not loaded. This is true even when I take one out of my gun cabinet or put one into it and I never store a weapon loaded. When I hand it to another person I always open the action, verify that it is unloaded, and hand it to them with the action open butt first. Not only is this the safe way to do it, it is respectful. I am always aware of where my muzzle is pointing and I will voice my opinion when someone I'm with fails to do so.

After learning what next?
Use the tool with respect, caution, and care. Unlike so many of us that don't do this after they learn how to drive. Since I learned how to properly use a hammer, I have never by accident or intentionally hit another person with it. Once I learned how to properly sharpen and use a knife I have never accidentally or intentionally stabbed or cut another person and trust me, my hunting knife is sharp enough to do some extremely serious damage very quickly. Once I learned how to use dangerous and poisonous chemicals I have never accidentally or intentionally poisoned or hurt someone with it. Once I learned how to properly use heavy equipment I have never accidentally or intentionally hurt someone. I always release the stored energy in my equipment when I park it unlike other farmers I see leaving their loaders and other hydraulic equipment up on the air just waiting for a young curious child to get under it while his friend plays with the buttons and levers inside.

something to think about
...when the walls of Jerusalem were being rebuilt, it was with sword in hand to defend those who would tear it down, or who would bring harm to the Jews. (Nehemiah chapter 4).

Exodus 22:2-3 2 "If the thief is found breaking in, and he is struck so that he dies, there shall be no guilt for his bloodshed.

Luke 22:35-39 And He said to them, "When I sent you without money bag, knapsack, and sandals, did you lack anything?" So they said, "Nothing." 36 Then He said to them, "But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one.

Last edited:
guns aren't different than anything else. the instrument of death is greed, jealousy, and hatred. that is the true weapon. and it's been in existence since cain and abel, and they didn't have guns back then.

guns are a means of defending the innocent and the helpless if they are in the hands of good people.

and you're not going to get them OUT of the hands of psychos.

so if you were walking through a dark alley, would you rather run into a psycho with a gun, or a christian with a gun?

something to think about.

It would be castles in the air convincing an average American never to rely upon gun protection - a culture they were born into.

Why is it different in other nations of the world? Why are gun use never primary in such nations?
Actually, the US is hardly the only nation with a gun culture. There are nations in Europe and elsewhere that allow guns, even open carrying.

I'm not going to address any post directly. I fear someone might blow up my balls. :chin
I'm sorry. ^^; Normally I would have avoided a thread like this, unwatched it a few days ago. Because for me debate is unpleasant. I guess I must feel more strongly about this than I thought to be sticking around on this subject, but I'm not going to rage at you for having an opinion I happen to disagree with.

You didn't pay attention to the link, did you?
I looked at over half of the list, probably closer to 75%. A lot of them do allow guns, albeit many with more restrictions than some states in America. (The gun laws here differ from state to state. Not all states allow open carrying, and some have lots of regulations. To the point that when my family went on vacation out of state, my dad didn't think it was worth the legal risk to bring his handgun with him. He brought a baseball bat instead. A lot less reliable for self defense than a gun, but he figured it was better than nothing.)

I looked at over half of the list, probably closer to 75%. A lot of them do allow guns, albeit many with more restrictions than some states in America. (The gun laws here differ from state to state. Not all states allow open carrying, and some have lots of regulations. To the point that when my family went on vacation out of state, my dad didn't think it was worth the legal risk to bring his handgun with him. He brought a baseball bat instead. A lot less reliable for self defense than a gun, but he figured it was better than nothing.)
So when do you intend buying one?

Back