Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Teach them the beauty of guns

Should Children be allowed to learn to shoot guns under adult supervision?

• yes

Votes: 14 66.7%
  • no

Votes: 7 33.3%

• Total voters

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Probably have to go with a cable lock brother. You could even make one. Measure the barrels, double the length plus add a few inches, have a hardware store crimp loops on the ends, paint the cable with the plastic dip that they sell for tools (good stuff, I've used it) and getcha' a padlock. Tada locked up from children.
I wonder if a gunsmith could do that for me? If it is difficult to make I don't want to get it wrong.

Here is what I think about guns. Suppose at first that there is no such thing as guns and someone breaks into your home and viscously attacks your family using only their bare hands and feet. Would you respond by using your own bare hands and feet to stop them (not even necessarily killing them)? Or would you stand there and wait for God to act?

Second scenario, since guns do exist. If someone broke into your house and you know that people often rob armed with a gun. Do you think it might be a good idea to have a gun of your own to defend your family against another gunman? Or would you wait for God to act?

Third scenario. Let's say an armed intruder breaks into your home, but you manage to round up your wife and kids and hide in a place in your house where the intruder might not find you (and you have your cell phone on you). Would you call the police for help? If you would call the police for help but your against the use guns, then make sure and tell them to leave their guns at the station.

I wonder if a gunsmith could do that for me? If it is difficult to make I don't want to get it wrong.

Probably could. The hardest thing about it would be crimping the loops on the ends, or eyelets. They gotta be small enough to go through the barrel of course. Find a place that works with cables and they'll have the tools. Probably be 50 dollars cheaper too because it's not done by a gunsmith. Heck, maybe you can buy the crimper at home depot?

Last edited:
Sounds good, but I am not familiar enough with that sort of thing. Is there already a such thing as custom cable locks?

There is if you have the tooling and hardware! lol. Sure. Maybe someone wants a teeny one for their derringer, or someone is making a rifle rack and wants to run a cable through all of the triggerguards, locked on both ends to the wall or whatever, or they have built up some star wars monstrosity of a weapon with a bunch of doo-dads on it and it will no longer take a conventional locking device for that reason, or want to be able to secure their gun to the floor so someone can't walk out with it and work on the cable elsewhere...

Security is big business nowadays. With all of the hardware available, you could make any kind, any length cable locking system, and with a minimum of tooling. You could make them to order and they will give you the specs. You might mess a couple up at first, but just cut the cable back a little and try again until you get it right. This would be a good side business. Different size cables, different eyelets, different lengths...made to order. Throw an ad on Craigslist and I bet you money you'd get calls on it.

Here is what I think about guns. Suppose at first that there is no such thing as guns and someone breaks into your home and viscously attacks your family using only their bare hands and feet. Would you respond by using your own bare hands and feet to stop them (not even necessarily killing them)? Or would you stand there and wait for God to act?

Second scenario, since guns do exist. If someone broke into your house and you know that people often rob armed with a gun. Do you think it might be a good idea to have a gun of your own to defend your family against another gunman? Or would you wait for God to act?

Third scenario. Let's say an armed intruder breaks into your home, but you manage to round up your wife and kids and hide in a place in your house where the intruder might not find you (and you have your cell phone on you). Would you call the police for help? If you would call the police for help but your against the use guns, then make sure and tell them to leave their guns at the station.
You are also missing the point. We don't need to make guns our hobby.

Why is it always Americans - mostly? Trace the root of the problem.

Israel's case is a different scenario. What is your defence?

we don't to make guns hobby? ok.

I counter with soccer, no fighting in that game. same thing with any sport.

I'm just really having a hard time understanding what gives one person the right to decide what another person can enjoy as a legal hobby? Is that what the agape love that we are supposed to have for each other all about? Imposing our personal will and preferences on our brothers and sisters by prohibiting them from something they enjoy for no other reason than we don't personally enjoy the same thing? That sure seems to be the case here. If that's what agape love is all about, count me out.

I'm just really having a hard time understanding what gives one person the right to decide what another person can enjoy as a legal hobby? Is that what the agape love that we are supposed to have for each other all about? Imposing our personal will and preferences on our brothers and sisters by prohibiting them from something they enjoy for no other reason than we don't personally enjoy the same thing? That sure seems to be the case here. If that's what agape love is all about, count me out.
I agree. I don't care for soccer, golf, bingo,and a host of boring sports. my, I don't play them, but if someone does, im not damning them for doing I don't like to do.

Me too.

we don't to make guns hobby? ok.

I counter with soccer, no fighting in that game. same thing with any sport.
Why do you keep mentioning soccer? Do you know you could be charged under Section 14.241Bet 22 of the soccer COC?

You already made up your mind...not even the souls of our legendary Jugadores who have slept can change it

Someone asked a question which I will also ask here: how would the unbelievers and muslims view this?

I add: Should we discourage their use of it?

I also have to wonder about the wisdom some are proclaiming here of simply letting God defend us if attacked by another person instead of doing what we can first and then trusting God to take over where we can't do any more. Is that really what God wants of us? If so, well, Jesus said God would take care of all our daily needs, food, clothes, etc. Under this logic that means I shouldn't bother earning a living either. Why go to work when I'm supposed to trust God to give me all the things I need. Is that what some people here think is the way Christians are supposed to live? I guess so, since that's what's being preached here. You can count me out of that too. It never works out too well.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back