Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Teach them the beauty of guns

Should Children be allowed to learn to shoot guns under adult supervision?

• yes

Votes: 14 66.7%
  • no

Votes: 7 33.3%

• Total voters

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Someone asked a question which I will also ask here: how would the unbelievers and muslims view this?

I add: Should we discourage their use of it?

To the criminal element they are viewed as a deterrent. :thumbsup

And just to clear up a tiny misconception..................muslims are unbelievers. :yes

You are also missing the point. We don't need to make guns our hobby.

Why is it always Americans - mostly? Trace the root of the problem.

Israel's case is a different scenario. What is your defence?

Oh I disagree with this. If one is serious about using a firearm for self defense, then they have a responsibility to do it right. You don't just begin unfamiliar with guns, buy one and strap it on your hip. That's irresponsible, and where stray bullets come from, misconceptions about power and what it will do, being safe. Everyone believes they're safe, but there's so many guns out there that one has to have an intimate working knowledge of the deadly device that they have. They all work differently and if you aren't familiar with it, you could easily hurt someone or yourself.

Your hobby is soccer, right Classik? I betcha you could bean someone right in the forehead with a soccer ball if you wanted to. That comes from practice. So why wouldn't a gun owner who is bent on defense want to be so familiar with his arm that he KNOWS where that bullet is going. That's a huge responsibility man.

Last edited:
Two questions for you. I will ask hen one after another.

In a family of 60 (a mixture of grandpa and ma, mother and father and children and progeny )where say 52 have guns and the rest don't...if you are asked, what do you think the family members use buns for guns? Not toy guns.

I don't understand the question. Do you mean what do the 8 that have no guns use? Brother, with 52 guns already there, there is enough to protect all of the people. "It is enough"
Unless I am misunderstanding what it is you ask.

You see Classik, guns are not magic talismans. There is a lot more to self defense with a gun than owning one. Why do you think police and the military train? A gun is a small part of the defense package. There's a lot of pre-planning that has to take place. For different scenarios, on the street, at home, wherever. There's a lot to consider. On the street, with the wife or family, what happens in exigent circumstances? The wife isn't supposed to just stand there, she has a job too. One doesn't just pull the gat and start blasting away. She is to back off and seek cover and gather the kids if present, call 911, look for accomplices that may be present that you may not see, and warn you if necessary. At home, if the elephant shows up, you have a safe room that everyone moves to (kids and unarmed at least) and so forth.

You see, you're trying to make intelligent decisions and statements about something that you hold very little knowledge of, and that's just not possible brother. No disrespect intended, but you don't know what you're talking about.

Last edited:
I don't understand the question. Do you mean what do the 8 that have no guns use? Brother, with 52 guns already there, there is enough to protect all of the people. "It is enough"
Unless I am misunderstanding what it is you ask.
I'm sure it's a typo of some kind, but I can't even come close to figuring out what he was trying to say. ",,,what do you think the family members use buns for guns?" Classik? A little interpretation for us please?

Why is it always Americans - mostly? Trace the root of the problem.

What problem would that be?
dunno.gif

Once upon a time, there was a Garden, and a certain serpent was there and started spewing lies...and it went downhill from there.

Yup......sin.

Guns are inanimate objects. They have not received the breath of life, therefore are incapable of committing sin.

Why is that so hard to understand?

Now that you refused to understand this, I ask another. Edward, would you need a gun in a. Culture where no one bothers about the need or use of it? Would it be right to say you (now plural ) use a gun because people around you use it..and vice versa?

What problem would that be?
dunno.gif

The 2nd Amendment and the ownership of guns isn't a problem, it's a protection. And, the protection isn't just for an individual protecting himself or family, it's a protection against an oppressive, totalitarian government. Our Declaration of Independence stated it well, and the principle still applies:

"“... That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to affect their Safety and Happiness...When a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.”

Trying to explain that to Europeans, who have a long history of tolerating dictators, is almost always a waste of time.

Trying to explain that to Europeans, who have a long history of tolerating dictators, is almost always a waste of time.

Yeah, I'm beginning to see that. (it only took 16 pages)

Time to dust off the shoes and walk away...................................................
Kick_Can_emoticon.gif

The 2nd Amendment and the ownership of guns isn't a problem, it's a protection. And, the protection isn't just for an individual protecting himself or family, it's a protection against an oppressive, totalitarian government. Our Declaration of Independence stated it well, and the principle still applies:

"“... That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to affect their Safety and Happiness...When a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.”

And that has been upheld by the supreme court too, so there's no longer a question about what it means even though some of those who don't like guns still try to claim there is.
...Trying to explain that to Europeans, who have a long history of tolerating dictators, is almost always a waste of time.
This is why history repeats itself. In this case it seems a lot of today's Europeans have forgotten that it was the guns of the American and a few other armies that saved them from the evil's of Adolf Hitler, Stalin, and a few others like them. Those who lived in those times were grateful for that. But now some of their descendants want to tell us it's somehow immoral or un-christian to be allowed to legally use those guns in our own land for hunting, sport, or anything else. I don't think they have any right to do that. It doesn't concern them and they're showing a great deal of ungratefulness for what these tools and the soldiers who used them did for their ancestors in the very recent past.

For those living in America, if they don't like the 2nd amendment and the fact that we have a right to own guns, they also have the freedom to not own one themselves. Some people talk as if here in America people are somehow being forced to buy a gun against their will, and (unlike with over priced health insurance :)) that's just not the case. I think some people in other parts of the world are getting the impression from all the rhetoric that almost every American is a murderous maniac that constantly thinks of nothing other than the next time they get to fondle and fire their guns, and the very few Americans that are not like this have tremendous social pressure put on them to become like this. Nothing could be further from the truth. This is like saying every person in the Middle East is a terrorist or every German loved Hitler!

Why do you keep mentioning soccer? Do you know you could be charged under Section 14.241Bet 22 of the soccer COC?
because I do mma/self-defense I know that in soccer overseas there are fights. with my training, I would go to that naturally. so if I fight, im aiming to harm and to KILL. even if I stop and they die. im still going to jail for murder if they die.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back