Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Teach them the beauty of guns

Should Children be allowed to learn to shoot guns under adult supervision?

• yes

Votes: 14 66.7%
  • no

Votes: 7 33.3%

• Total voters

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
What's wrong with guns as a hobby? A hobby doesn't involve killing people. It doesn't even have to involve killing animals. It can be stuff like target shooting. It's no more violent than throwing darts at a board.
Just the stigma of it being a gun? I don't understand this train of thought. Guns are no more inherently evil than a knife, other weapons, or anything that humans have used as makeshift weapons like baseball bats or pressure cookers (the bomb attack on Boston last year). If the problem is that guns are killing people, then why is using guns in nonviolent ways also bad?

Last edited:
What's wrong with guns as a hobby? A hobby doesn't involve killing people. It doesn't even have to involve killing animals. It can be stuff like target shooting. It's no more violent than throwing darts at a board.
Just the stigma of it being a gun? I don't understand this train of thought. Guns are no more inherently evil than a knife, other weapons, or anything that humans have used as makeshift weapons like baseball bats or pressure cookers (the bomb attack on Boston last year). If the problem is that guns are killing people, then why is using guns in nonviolent ways also bad?
Welcome back from sleep. Hope you had a good one?

Granny, you have been appearing and disappearing on this issue. What is your stance?:chin
1637fbcb5351d465dc86e40229a26acf.jpg

Granny, you have been appearing and disappearing on this issue. What is your stance?:chin

Should Children be allowed to learn to shoot guns under adult supervision? if this question is the issue ... there had best be a adult around...
If you are talking Christians owning guns etc... i do not see a conflict... I have had my door kicked in by bad guys .... very thankful DH did not shoot any one and very thankful he had a gun...
Do i trust the Lord? sure do... But i heat my home in the winter... I do not run with sharp things... I do not play in the street....

lol. I was into anime but that place? idk. they had the trekkie deals in Washington. I never was able to do those.

Should Children be allowed to learn to shoot guns under adult supervision? if this question is the issue ... there had best be a adult around...
If you are talking Christians owning guns etc... i do not see a conflict... I have had my door kicked in by bad guys .... very thankful DH did not shoot any one and very thankful he had a gun...
Do i trust the Lord? sure do... But i heat my home in the winter... I do not run with sharp things... I do not play in the street....
This is probably the most polite reply edited :chin

Last edited by a moderator:

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back