Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Tell us about YOU today!!!

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
TheCounsellors! Get down here to Mexico! We need some more people like you. I'm taking a load of kids to our church's food kitchen today, and I could use another vehicle.

Well, I got up at 5:00am, checked to see if another snow day was called for.

It wasn't.

So, I cleaned about a foot of snow off the truck that has chains. The kids got ready for school. We drove down to our little town (2 1/2 miles downhill), where I had my Expedition parked, sans chains (as I cannot chain up the Exp, the chains are too heavy for me). I knew I would have to clear even more snow off of it, because I hadn't cleaned it yesterday, since it was parked down there. But, not only did we have to clean snow, I found that the county didn't plow behind the Exp. There was a stretch about about 15' of 12"-18" snow behind my Exp.

:confused What to do? I can't take the chains off of the truck, in order to drive all the kids (my two plus three others, and the doggie too) all the way in to the school bus stop. Otherwise, I'd never make it back up the hill to home.

Praise God, the guy who operates our little cafe in town was there, even though it was only 6:30 and he's the manly "get-the-job-done!" type. He backed my Expedition out through all the snow and we got it all cleared off and, although we missed the bus, I was able to drive the kids all the way down to their school (30+ miles away) and got them there on time!

Then, drove back up to our little town to find that the county plowed the parking area (now that my car wasn't parked in it) so I parked the Expedition there. I ate some breakfast at the Cafe, got back into the truck with chains, drove back up the hill and spent the next 2 hours slogging through knee deep slushy snow feeding the horse, the goats, the dogs and the cows.

Even though I tried not too, the thought came into my head, "Can it get any worse!?!"

That's when it started to pour rain on me, as I was standing knee deep in slushy snow. :bigfrown

I'm ready for Spring and it isn't even Winter yet. :robot

handy:

You guys in Idaho sure get a lot of snow.

I've been shovelling, too.

Welcome to winter, everyone. It's here.

Big in December.

just got through 3 hours of the kids school awards, an award for everything including the new school wheelbarrow. Its only once a year.....thankfully

Ok the kids got an iPod each. my eldest 10 yo daughter after the initial excitement fades comes out with a troubled look on her face. I asked here whats up and she replied " Do you think Apple might sue Santa for copyright infringement making ipods in the north pole"? me i was speechless until I revealed he buys them from apple its all good :)

Ok the kids got an iPod each. my eldest 10 yo daughter after the initial excitement fades comes out with a troubled look on her face. I asked here whats up and she replied " Do you think Apple might sue Santa for copyright infringement making ipods in the north pole"? me i was speechless until I revealed he buys them from apple its all good :)

Hilarious! What a mind she has!

Laughing-1.gif

I know the title of the thread is Tell us about you today, but I want to tell you what happened yesterday. I couldn't tell you about yesterday yesterday, when it would have been today, so I had to wait until today, which was tomorrow yesterday, so I guess I'm telling you about yesterday tomorrow... or something... Are we confused yet???

Anyway... Back to yesterday... But first some background...

I didn't have many friends when I was a teenager. Perhaps it would be more accurate to say I didn't have any friends when I was a teenager. At least, not until a guy in my 10th grade electronics class invited me to sit with him and his friends at lunch one day. Nobody had ever asked me to sit with them before so, naturally, I accepted. To make a really long story short, they were all Christians, and I ended up getting saved. One of the people I met that day was a guy who was one year older than me, who's name was Bruce. Bruce became my best friend, not only then, but my best friend ever. Without him, I would probably not be a Christian today. After he graduated and I finished 11th grade, my parents decided it was time to move back to Iceland. Bruce and I kept in touch through letters for a few years, but, gradually, the letters stopped and we haven't heard from each other in decades. I've often thought about Bruce and I've serched for him online, but haven't been able to find him.

Now to yesterday...

When I checked my email, I saw what I thought at first was spam. I've often recieved spam that had the first name of someone I know in the From: field. Spammers often use common names to trick people into opening their junk. But this one also had the last name of someone I knew. When I opened it, I realized that it was really from my old high school friend and I have not been happier in I don't know how many years. We have about 30 years of catching up to do, and I'm really looking forward to it.

I start a new job tomorrow as a draftsman and am on trial for a couple of weeks then with a bit of luck I get paid, and hired. That means no more forums in the daytime I wont have time to work and do forums. its been fun anyway. It was a great distraction as a college student last year. Oh well it cant go on forever. From time to time Ill post. It wont be as often. C U all :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Four straight days of heat 40 deg c (100 f) days and nights of it in the 30's with no sleep. 2
More days of it coming. When it's like this, forests burn

Last edited by a moderator:
Swimming at the lake or the beach what to do? Only good thing about heat today snow would be good later. Now that would make a great day.

Swimming at the lake or the beach what to do? Only good thing about heat today snow would be good later. Now that would make a great day.

There's been snow here in Reykjavik the last couple of days. You're welcome to come and take it if you want it.

i wanted some an hour ago when I burned my finger on the stove. Wouldn't it be great if we could trade some weather for real It would help our electricity bills a lot.

i wanted some an hour ago when I burned my finger on the stove. Wouldn't it be great if we could trade some weather for real It would help our electricity bills a lot.

It would help my bills too. You have to use air conditioning, but I have to heat my apartment.

Floods, draughts, heat, cold... it seems to me that the weather in the world isn't quite evenly distributed.

Wednesday evening I was having a very hard time controlling my anger, which is my "thorn in my flesh", as Paul phrases it. So Thursday evening I was driving home and felt that the LORD was telling me to stop at a specific church that is close to my home and have someone pray with me. Matthew 18:19 says "Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven."

But when is anyone services or working at a church at 6:30 on a Thursday night??? :confused:

But I stopped, and there were cars in the parking lot. So I went in the main fellowship hall. And just inside the door was a group that meets every Thursday called "celebrating recovery"! And this group handles everything from addictions to anger counseling!!! I had them say a quick prayer with me, and headed home to my family.

That is the first time I have really felt the LORD speak to me! I felt incredibly blessed!

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back