Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Temporal Salvation?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Btw.....how are you “ doing” with that “ Lust” thingy? .....who on Earth do you think you are Fooling?Every Day, just like ol’ BB—— you Have Secret Thoughts That would Shame Hell itself! THAT was the whole POINT of the Sermon on the Mount.Those in the crowd that thought they were “ good enough” because on the surface they “ obeyed the Laws” , were shown the TRUE MEANING and Standard Of God’s Laws —- the Thought is just as Bad as the Deed!
What are you talking about 'true meaning'?
It's right there in black and white in the law.
No special interpretation needed:

"17You shall not coveth your neighbor’s house. You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or his manservant or maidservant, or his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.” - Exodus 20:17

I expect you to keep your eyeballs on your side of the fence while you're waiting for God to make you not covet and lust. That's not a works gospel. That's you keeping yourself from being guilty of coveting and lusting and has NOTHING to do with you trying to earn your salvation. Unless you make it that. If you want to talk about that you have to go out of the church of born again people, because we are all thoroughly educated about works not earning salvation (we're born again). Go talk to the unbelievers populating the church of the world. They are the ones who need to hear about how you get saved by faith in Christ and not by the merit of works of righteousness.

Leave us born again people alone, and stop leading born again newbs astray into your horrible doctrine of sinning. If you can imagine a terror worse than having a mill stone tied around your neck and drowned in the sea that is what Jesus said awaits those who lead young believers in Him to stumble in sin so as not to believe in him anymore and go to hell. Yes, believers in him ending up in hell. Like the verse above, that teaching is also in black and white for all to see (Mark 9:42,43,44,45,46,47,48 Matthew 18:6,7,8,9). No special revelation needed. But you do need an ungodly agenda to keep you from seeing it.

Last edited:
He did say that. Who exactly is he speaking to? Those who he loves and love him? ?

1 John 4:17-18 In this way, love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment, because in this world we are like him. There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

His love, his faithfulness..........is what makes LOVE complete and we shall not fear! I'm not talking to those who don't really know Jesus. I'm not talking to those who are not born again. I am speaking to those who are of the Beatitudes that Jesus speaks of.......those who are given the Spirit.
He is speaking to people who make new believers in Jesus stumble--and not just stumble, but to stumble so as to go to hell.
And he's warning these stumbling blocks --the eyes, and hands, and feet of the church--that a terror worse than having a millstone tied around your neck and drowned in the sea awaits these stumbling blocks.

Those who teach Freegrace doctrine are those stumbling blocks. They teach a flippant, flagrant abuse of grace in the name of a misguided doctrine of grace that says if you stop yourself from sinning before God does you are trying to earn your own salvation. I'm not making this up, but as an example this doctrine puts believers in Christ in bars getting drunk because they are told they are not resting in Christ if they resist the temptation to get drunk and whatever other sin you can think of. Of course, when you confront them about this doctrine they instantly go into denial about that and start talking about what is right about God's grace.

What you'll see in scripture is it's the new, immature believers that are susceptible to these stumbling blocks in the church. Like the 2nd type of soil believer, who have yet to have the word of God go deep into their hearts. While the 4th type of soil is not as easily influenced by stumbling blocks because they have mature soil in which the word of God is deeply entrenched and not easily uprooted. And Peter talks about these false teachers in the church leading new converts who have just left the entrapment of the flesh away into their wicked doctrines (2 Peter 2:18). And Paul talks about the saved but immature Galatians who fell away from faith in Christ and how God knew them but they did not know him.

So you see, it's the new believers who are most affected by these stumbling block doctrines and those who push them. Only the mature in Christ in whom the word perseveres in spiritual fruitfulness have any potential boast for not falling away and being victimized by the doctrines of devils. Our goal in this life is to get those in the church to the mature soil of the 4th soil kind of believer so they will endure to the very end and be saved when Jesus returns, not cast away.

Reactions: JLB
1 John 4:17-18 In this way, love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment, because in this world we are like him. There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.
"because in this world we are like him"

Notice it is the ones who love in obedience to God's commands that have the assurance that they are saved and won't be condemned on the day of judgment. But so many rant that all you have to do is believe and you have the assurance that you are really saved, even if you're living in sin. No. Assurance of salvation (not to be confused with security of salvation) comes from a person having the mature fruit of the Spirit actively at work in their lives.

One could be born with 1000 eyes, and you would have nowhere “ near” the eyes that would be needed to be “ plucked out” for every instance of Lust.

For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome. 1 John 5:3

His commandments are not burdensome

Seems to be a disconnect between John’s perspective and your perspective.

What are you constantly looking at that would cause you to say this?

Maybe you could read the Bible instead of looking at whatever you are looking at?

Did you know that what you look at causes a desire for the thing you look at? People in advertising know this principle.

That’s why we are told to meditate on Gods word, and set our mind on things above.

JLB

I hope Newbies have a different “ take” than yours ..... I am confident that they will .....Your take makes absolutely NO sense......

Beware, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief in departing from the living God; but exhort one another daily, while it is called “Today,” lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. For we have become partakers of Christ if we hold the beginning of our confidence steadfast to the end, Hebrews 3:12-14

• in departing from the living God; but exhort one another daily, while it is called “Today,” lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.

Departing from God, “absolutely makes no sense” to you?

Those who depart from Him, while it is called Today, will not enter His rest, because of disobedience (unbelief) when He returns to remove the enemies of God’s and reign on this earth with His faithly ones, for 1000 years, the Day of rest.

This is the rest to come.

This is the Seventh Day, the 7000th year from Adam, that the weekly sabbath points to.

JLB

Last edited:

Yes believing; continuing to believe is how we overcome.

Continuing to believe unto death and not falling away.

That’s what is being said. That’s why the very thing contextually is... addressing the cowardly who would rather live a little longer in shame, than die as a martyr. These are those who believe for a while, then return to unbelieving when faced with persecution.

He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son. But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”
Revelation 21:7-8

JLB

Last edited:
Where did I say different? Anybody that desires to be a Fool and tries to use the Grace Of God as a way to “ sin and get away with it” i.e. use Grace as a “ License to Sin” has been given the Freedom to do so.Have you never heard of God's Chastisement . I am free to sin and God is free to take me to the “ woodshed”...... I have been there a time or two. I found out the hard way that God does not play games when it comes to disciplining His Foolish , Errant Children.....
Wanna trifle with God ? Wanna test Him to see what you can “ get away with “ because we are not under Law But Grace ? Be my guest ! Fool.
One can be Disobedient and still make it to Heaven —- Fully saved because of their Faith in Christ to Save them. The difference between the Obedient Child Of God and the Disobedient Child Of God is that the Disobedient One will show up at the Bema Seat Of Christ with a bunch of welts on his or her behind......the choice is ours—— be an idiot if that is what pleases you....

While we are still alive we can learn some valuable lessons about disobedience that will ultimately prevent us from going to hell, if we repent.

Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. Galatians 5:19

• that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Do you understand what this phrase means, and where it comes from... will not inherit the kingdom of God?

I encourage you to do so.

JLB

The ancient Hebrews had a choice in regard to taking the Land of Promise.....Trust God to do what He Promised to do ( drive the Enemy out with hornets) or Trust the spies that should not have been sent out in the First Place— they said the enemy could not be defeated.That generation that was guilty of UNBELIEF received a Curse for their Sin—- they were left in misery to die in the desert until their ilk was wiped out and a new younger generation had the faith to go in.....the previous Disobedient Generation “LOST OUT” on God's Blessing .....if you “ Lose out”,by definition you are a Loser......

Yes they did not enter the rest because of disobedience.

For if Joshua had given them rest, then He would not afterward have spoken of another day. There remains therefore a rest for the people of God. Hebrews 4:8-9

JLB

Last edited:
Ok

“You have heard that it was said to those of old, You shall not commit adultery.’ But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart. If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell.
Matthew 5:27-29

JLB
Oh yeah, that's really resting in the Gospel

What does resting in Christ look like to you, then?

28“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” - Matthew 11:28-30

What is Christ's yoke that we take upon ourselves to find rest?
What are we to learn from him in regard to finding rest?
Does resting in Christ mean not resting from the deeds of the flesh? Is that how the soul rests in Christ?

"10 ...anyone who enters God’s rest also rests from their works, e just as God did from his. 11Let us, therefore, make every effort to enter that rest, so that no one will perish by following their example of disobedience." - Hebrews 4:10-11

Hmm.....make every effort to enter God's rest.

Last edited:
14For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace. - Romans 6:14

14but the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your male or female servant, nor your ox, your donkey or any of your animals, nor any foreigner residing in your towns, so that your male and female servants may rest, as you do. 15Remember that you were slaves in Egypt and that the Lord your God brought you out of there with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm. - Deuteronomy 5:14-15

The appearing of God's salvation in Christ Jesus is the appointed Sabbath Rest for which the beasts of burden, male and female servants, etc. enter into and find relief from the taskmaster of sin that rules over them. It's the same rest Jesus himself rests in and which we are to learn from.

People who are not at rest from the taskmaster of sin show they have not entered into God's appointed Rest, Jesus Christ. They have yet to enter in and be saved.

BB, rest in Christ means more than just being saved. It means being a new person who has been given rest from the taskmaster of sin.

Yes, we get it BB.
You can sin while you're waiting for God to stop your sinning, because if you stop before God stops you that's you trying to earn your own salvation.
We get it.
No special spiritual revelation needed to understand your doctrine.

I tell you the plain and simple truth about my Doctrine which is just the OPPOSITE of what you State here....you See But you don’t see......you claim that you “ get it”......you GET Nothing....

I will try this ONE MORE TIME......if you have a “ Thinking Cap” ...NOW would be the time to put it on.....( if you do not have one, go to Ebay where you can pick one up cheap)

If one is a Believer in The Gospel Of 1Cor15:1-4, if you Believe That Jesus died for your Sins and rose from the Dead, you are Saved.Period.It is a Promise of God and God can’t lie....Adding to that Gospel, thinking that Gospel MUST be added to because even though it might be “Essential” to Salvation, it, by itself , is just not “ Adequate” for Salvation...
Paul’s Gospel is NOT what man does for God —— it is what God has done for man.It is a Gospel Of GRACE Plus NOTHING. Adding to that Gospel with ANY Act Of Human Effort ( which is what religion is, NOT Christianity ) automatically cancels the very Grace That Saves a person.....Romans 11:6..... “ If it be by Works , it is No Longer Grace”. Works and Grace is like oil and water— they won’t mix...

It’s not that you “ CAN” sin while God does His Job Of Transforming you into the Image Of His Son —— the Truth is , you WILL sin as long as you are in a Body Of Flesh.....The Holy Spirit That God puts within you, once you Trust Him ALONE to Save you , does not take the New Believer From Sinner To Perfect Saint overnight . Grace is what God uses to Cover those Sins until He gets You Home.
If you stop sinning before God changes you—- That is a PLUS, NOT “ trying to earn your Salvation”as you Falsely claim I Believe.....it is being Wise.....it is being Obedient .....it will make God happy......it will get you blessed .....it will keep you from getting Chastised .....it’s ALL GOOD— it just ain’t God’s Way to get you Saved or KEeP you Saved.....You keep forgetting that Salvation is a GIFT—- GIVEN to those that DO NOT work for.... ( note to Newbies — It REALLY is just like the Song says, “ NOTHING BUT THE BLOOD ( Rom5:9 )
Attempts to “ stop sinning” are signs of Wisdom —- NOT signs One is trying to “ Earn their Salvation. How silly of you to even suggest that ! I think in your heart- of- hearts you know nobody thinks this way....it’s just an easy, cheap way to smear an opponent...
Here is the Sign Of One that is trying to “ Earn” their Salvation......here is their Motto..... they say this—— “ Sure Jesus Saves! ......B U T , once you know “ THAT” you gotta...... ( insert your Pet Dead Work here ) THIS is how one gets “ Severed from the Cross”...... THIS is how one “ Falls from Grace” ( Gal 5 ).....
Trust in the Shed Blood Of Jesus Plus Nothing To get Saved.....
Be Obedient to prove you are smart and to receive all the blessings that God has-for you....
God bless...

We'll wait for God to make you not lazy anymore.
We wouldn't want you to be guilty of trying to earn your own salvation.

You are a real Wise A**, aren’t you ?
Lol.... you remind me of me !! I can respect a man like that ! Keep up the Good Work ! I love and appreciate God-Given Wit....it is a sure sign of intelligence! There is Hope for an intelligent Fellow like yourself—- just stay tuned to my Posts....you’ll “ Get it” eventually .....you are constantly in my prayers!

There is no such thing as resting in the Gospel.

Where do you come up with such things?

:shame

Why don’t you read and believe what Jesus taught?

You guys seem to always be looking for a reason to live in sin, some scripture that you are hoping will over rule all the scriptures that many people have shown you, that will somehow be a “loophole” that will allow you to live a fruitless life of gratifying the lustful desires of your flesh, then when you die you will be welcomed with open arms by the Lord into His kingdom.

It’s just not n the Bible. That’s The Lie of the devil.

Adulterers and adulteresses! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever therefore wants to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God.
James 4:4

If you want to listen to your perverse worldly music and go party with worldly carnal people and lust after women and so forth then you make yourself (not someone else) you make yourself an enemy of God.

JLB

For all your talk about having special spiritual discernment and revelation

Methinks you are getting desperate .....please show us all where I claim to have anything “ Special” ...... I just understand the Bible better than you do......and we are just getting started ! I suggest you “ hang on to your wigs and keys”...... it’s going to be “ rough-going” for Legalists, Tares and those whose intelligence is limited ..... the only thing “ special “ about ME is that I am the TRUE “ Chief Of Sinners “ But I am going to heaven because I Rest in the Gospel Of Grace Plus Nothing...... when I see Paul I will have to tell him “ Step aside , Paul—-There’s a New Kid in town— the REAL Chief Of Sinners”....
Those that do NOT see themselves as “ Sinning Chiefs” are the ones that have a real problem.....Pretend Believers That have never known God ( religionists ) , will never “ get” this. Those with “ eyes to see and ears to hear” understand it......

If one is a Believer in The Gospel Of 1Cor15:1-4, if you Believe That Jesus died for your Sins and rose from the Dead, you are Saved.Period.It is a Promise of God and God can’t lie..

That’s right God can’t lie, so if you don’t continue to believe, then your initial believing by which you were saved, was done in vain.

Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand, by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you—unless you believed in vain.
1 Corinthians 15:1-2

• if you hold fast that word which I preached to you

IF means there a condition.

The condition is to continue to believe, so that you will continue to be saved.

GOOD POINT!

JLB

There is no such thing as resting in the Gospel.

Where do you come up with such things?

:shame

Why don’t you read and believe what Jesus taught?

You guys seem to always be looking for a reason to live in sin, some scripture that you are hoping will over rule all the scriptures that many people have shown you, that will somehow be a “loophole” that will allow you to live a fruitless life of gratifying the lustful desires of your flesh, then when you die you will be welcomed with open arms by the Lord into His kingdom.

It’s just not n the Bible. That’s The Lie of the devil.

Adulterers and adulteresses! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever therefore wants to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God.
James 4:4

If you want to listen to your perverse worldly music and go party with worldly carnal people and lust after women and so forth then you make yourself (not someone else) you make yourself an enemy of God.

JLB

I have already told you my Position in regard to Sin.....don’t you comprehend ANYTHING? I HATE Sin—- it is as appealing to me as a Drano Enema....or sticking my hand in a fire.....DO YOU UNDERsTAND ? If you continue to appear as if you are not “ getting” my Posts That could help you, I could be forced to ignore you —- trust me, you don’t want THAT ! No Brag- Just Fact.

Back