Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Temporal Salvation?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Ok

“You have heard that it was said to those of old, You shall not commit adultery.’ But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart. If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell.
Matthew 5:27-29

JLB
But I can't go to hell.
Oooh, I see.

Jesus was mistaken. :wink

Reactions: JLB
yes and even though we are to obey .we dont all the time .the Christian walk takes discipline

The works of Christ was finished from the foundation of the world for the purpose God had for His only begotten Son. Christ came into the world to seek and save the lost. Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law being made a curse for us as we now rest in Him through His finished works on the cross paying our debt for sin as God gives His grace to all by faith will believe in Christ.

By faith through God's grace that was/is Christ Jesus we believe He is the only begotten son of God who came to save all who by faith will believe in Him. This is God's plan of His salvation through Christ Jesus. Once we accept His plan now we have to work out our salvation with fear and trembling which means we respect God which worked in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure, Philippians 2:12, 13. Fear and trembling just means with great humility and respect we serve Him here on earth. We work to completion for there is our rest in Him. We do this by pursuing obedience in the process of sanctification as we become holy as He is holy. We are a work in progress as Paul describes it as straining and pressing on toward the goal of being Christlike, Philippians 3:13, 14. We will miss the mark of obedience at times when we take our focus off the race as a stumbling block is put in front of us, but giving that to God He will always set our feet straight again while running the race until we reach the goal line of eternal life with Him.

Please post the scripture that says we are to rest in the Gospel of grace.
sure just as soon as i see one that says temporal salvation. this is my only reply if we cant rest in the Gospel which is Grace and mercy . then we might just as well revert back to being pagan

The works of Christ was finished from the foundation of the world for the purpose God had for His only begotten Son. Christ came into the world to seek and save the lost. Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law being made a curse for us as we now rest in Him through His finished works on the cross paying our debt for sin as God gives His grace to all by faith will believe in Christ.

By faith through God's grace that was/is Christ Jesus we believe He is the only begotten son of God who came to save all who by faith will believe in Him. This is God's plan of His salvation through Christ Jesus. Once we accept His plan now we have to work out our salvation with fear and trembling which means we respect God which worked in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure, Philippians 2:12, 13. Fear and trembling just means with great humility and respect we serve Him here on earth. We work to completion for there is our rest in Him. We do this by pursuing obedience in the process of sanctification as we become holy as He is holy. We are a work in progress as Paul describes it as straining and pressing on toward the goal of being Christlike, Philippians 3:13, 14. We will miss the mark of obedience at times when we take our focus off the race as a stumbling block is put in front of us, but giving that to God He will always set our feet straight again while running the race until we reach the goal line of eternal life with Him.
even though i did not write a lengthy post. this si what i been saying all along

But I can't go to hell.
Oooh, I see.

Jesus was mistaken. :wink
He did say that. Who exactly is he speaking to? Those who he loves and love him? ?

1 John 4:17-18 In this way, love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment, because in this world we are like him. There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

His love, his faithfulness..........is what makes LOVE complete and we shall not fear! I'm not talking to those who don't really know Jesus. I'm not talking to those who are not born again. I am speaking to those who are of the Beatitudes that Jesus speaks of.......those who are given the Spirit.

Now there is much work to be done.

Preaching
Teaching
Pastoring
feeding the poor
healing the sick
casting out devils
visiting those in prison
seeing about orphans and widows
supporting local ministries
clothing the naked
counseling those in need
and on and on and on...

John 3:21 "But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may. be seen plainly that what he has done has been through God."

Romans 3:22-24 This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by the grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.

Ephesians 2:10 For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

Our work should be done through Christ, if we are Christians. Lots of people do lots of stuff in the world, but we are the body of Christ with Jesus as our Head guiding our movements.

Reactions: JLB
Our work should be done through Christ, if we are Christians. Lots of people do lots of stuff in the world, but we are the body of Christ with Jesus as our Head guiding our movements.

Amen. Great post!

Last edited:
“You have heard that it was said to those of old, You shall not commit adultery.’ But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart. If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell. And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell.

One could be born with 1000 eyes, and you would have nowhere “ near” the eyes that would be needed to be “ plucked out” for every instance of Lust.Jesus was trying to show those “ with ears to hear” the UTTER FUTILITY of trying to be Justified by God By our Performance —- the Standard , If one is foolish enough to go that route is PERFECTION , 24\7 ....
Btw.....how are you “ doing” with that “ Lust” thingy? .....who on Earth do you think you are Fooling?Every Day, just like ol’ BB—— you Have Secret Thoughts That would Shame Hell itself! THAT was the whole POINT of the Sermon on the Mount.Those in the crowd that thought they were “ good enough” because on the surface they “ obeyed the Laws” , were shown the TRUE MEANING and Standard Of God’s Laws —- the Thought is just as Bad as the Deed!
The Blind did not see it then.....the Blind do not see it now . Jesus Word’s were intended to Puncture the Self - Righteous balloons of the Pharisees and others in the crowd who thought that were in Good-Standing with God because they “ kept the Law”.... That thinking was Hogwash— Jesus knew it—He was trying to show it—and just like today —— some get it and others don’t.....
Wise people in the crowd were made CONTRITE that day....Jesus told a Parable at the conclusion of His Sermon.The Parable of the Proud Pharisee and the Humble Tax Collector....The Proud, delusional Pharisee though he was doing just fine.....he knew the Law and thought that he kept it.....yeah, right......The Humble TaxCollector? His eyes had been opened.....he KNEW he was a Sinner.....he ADMITTED as much.....he KNEW he needed Mercy from God to even have a “ chance” at becoming Saved! He had wisely come to an End Of Himself.....all that was left for him to do was to cry out, “ Lord, have Mercy on me , a Sinner”...He went home a Saved Man...
The purpose of the Law was to get you on your knees to Turn To God and ask for Him to save you because if you have half a brain , you KNOW that you can’t keep it! If those 613 Commandments could not penetrate your thick skull and show you that you are a Wretched Sinner That MUST have a Savior—— Jesus preached The Law Of Moses ON STEROIDS! You can’t keep the Law and you were never INTENDED to!! Jesus did FOR you what you could NEVER do on your own . Swallow your Pride ,open your Heart to God , admit you are a Sinner and pray to God that he shows you Mercy and Grace....that's the ONLY Hope you have.....Believe the Gospel Of Grace Found In 1Cor15:1-4, and get Saved.....

He who overcomes shall inherit all things,

—————————————————————————————————-

So the question would be......who is the one that “ overcomes ?”

1John 5:5.....” Who is it that OVERCOMES the world except the one who Believes that Jesus is The Son Of God”......

We have been through Hebrews 3-4.

Nothing there about "resting in the Gospel of grace"

No where in the bible do we find such a phrase.

Hebrews 3-4 is dealing with departing from Christ through disobedience.

JLB

I hope Newbies have a different “ take” than yours ..... I am confident that they will .....Your take makes absolutely NO sense......

The only thing that cost them was having to go forty years through the Kadesh Barnea instead of 11 days to reach the promised land of Canaan, Deuteronomy 1:2; Numbers 13: chapter 1-14:38. They were not a bunch of losers as they had faith in God, but murmured and complained the whole way not trusting in Moses to lead them as they looked at things that were nothing more than temporal, not seeing the things of God that were before them.

2 Corinthians 4:18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

The ancient Hebrews had a choice in regard to taking the Land of Promise.....Trust God to do what He Promised to do ( drive the Enemy out with hornets) or Trust the spies that should not have been sent out in the First Place— they said the enemy could not be defeated.That generation that was guilty of UNBELIEF received a Curse for their Sin—- they were left in misery to die in the desert until their ilk was wiped out and a new younger generation had the faith to go in.....the previous Disobedient Generation “LOST OUT” on God's Blessing .....if you “ Lose out”,by definition you are a Loser......

We have been very specific in you giving us scripture for what you are saying. It is you that refuses to give scriptural support for a more proper discussions with you.

Opinions are only formed from a point of view as we all have them at times. Points of views are good to discuss as we search the scriptures together for the answers.

I live to please.....I will happily provide chapter and verse .....an easy task.....retirement has ruined me.....it has made me very lazy.....lol.....one of my many sins.....forgive me, please...

And in the meantime continue to sin without trying to stop it. Because if you do that's you trying to save yourself.
Time to go full Anton on this stupid doctrine of yours.

I don’t blame you for thinking it is “ Stupid”.......If what you think is true, it goes Waaaaay beyond THAT ! It would be a Doctrine from Hell.....

You do not understand it because it has to be “ Spiritually” Discerned......I do not try to convince the “ stiff - necked” ...... I post here and use Legalists as “ Springboards” to get the Truth Of God’s Gospel Of Grace Plus NOTHInG out there for The Poor Newbies that have not been ruined yet.....That is not “ Full BB” ......it's more like 25% BB......lol....

Grace does not give us a license to just go around nilly willy doing whatever we want to do.

Where did I say different? Anybody that desires to be a Fool and tries to use the Grace Of God as a way to “ sin and get away with it” i.e. use Grace as a “ License to Sin” has been given the Freedom to do so.Have you never heard of God's Chastisement . I am free to sin and God is free to take me to the “ woodshed”...... I have been there a time or two. I found out the hard way that God does not play games when it comes to disciplining His Foolish , Errant Children.....
Wanna trifle with God ? Wanna test Him to see what you can “ get away with “ because we are not under Law But Grace ? Be my guest ! Fool.
One can be Disobedient and still make it to Heaven —- Fully saved because of their Faith in Christ to Save them. The difference between the Obedient Child Of God and the Disobedient Child Of God is that the Disobedient One will show up at the Bema Seat Of Christ with a bunch of welts on his or her behind......the choice is ours—— be an idiot if that is what pleases you....

I don’t blame you for thinking it is “ Stupid”.......If what you think is true, it goes Waaaaay beyond THAT ! It would be a Doctrine from Hell.....

You do not understand it because it has to be “ Spiritually” Discerned......I do not try to convince the “ stiff - necked” ...... I post here and use Legalists as “ Springboards” to get the Truth Of God’s Gospel Of Grace Plus NOTHInG out there for The Poor Newbies that have not been ruined yet.....That is not “ Full BB” ......it's more like 25% BB......lol....
Yes, we get it BB.
You can sin while you're waiting for God to stop your sinning, because if you stop before God stops you that's you trying to earn your own salvation.
We get it.
No special spiritual revelation needed to understand your doctrine.

One could be born with 1000 eyes, and you would have nowhere “ near” the eyes that would be needed to be “ plucked out” for every instance of Lust.Jesus was trying to show those “ with ears to hear” the UTTER FUTILITY of trying to be Justified by God By our Performance —- the Standard , If one is foolish enough to go that route is PERFECTION , 24\7 ....
For all your talk about having special spiritual discernment and revelation you completely miss that Jesus is saying these believers in him who are caused to stumble GO TO HELL. Believers GOING TO HELL. They stumble in sin so as to not believe in Jesus anymore and they GO TO HELL.
Why isn't your privileged spiritual insight able to see this?????

Back