Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

That Time Again

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Good to be back.....

You had a photo uploaded of your ink; my wife and I talked to a young lady with the whole of John 3.16 tattooed on her wrist area; I'm sure she was effectively using it as a talking point witness tool; if so, after some years - and possibly by now already; it was some years ago - she will likely consider whether to go back to the artist to refresh any fading of her ink.

So is having the ink refreshed something that you felt was necessary to do in the end?
I thought about refreshing but then decided it wasn’t important enough to me.

Allegorically, the memory is fading along with the tattoo. The sharp crisp emotions the tattoo once represented have faded into feelings of peace and acceptance. The anger has turned to compassion.

I use my tattoos as a testimony to Gods transformative work.

I thought about refreshing but then decided it wasn’t important enough to me.

Allegorically, the memory is fading along with the tattoo. The sharp crisp emotions the tattoo once represented have faded into feelings of peace and acceptance. The anger has turned to compassion.

I use my tattoos as a testimony to Gods transformative work.
stovebolts I do take your point about the power of God. Ephesians 2 is a passage that often comes to mind about the change in the unbeliever/believer, before/after.

In style terms, I guess faded tattooing is kind of an extension of the style of faded and distressed jeans. Although seeing as the young lady with the entire John 3.16 tattoo on her wrist area that my wife and I talked to was likely wanting to use it as a witness tool, then preserving its legibility would be important and she would thus likely regard it as almost obligatory after several years to go back to the tattoo parlor for some ink to be re-injected and refreshed. (So I can see also how as Christian woman she might feel quite strongly committed to going back to the tattoo parlor in due course.)

Yes; not obligatory but frankly they would expect be be inked up..
Not all but most women place them to be seen .

You don't need to wear booty shorts and have tats where they are visible .

That one turns heads,she always wears things like that .I was reading a route and noticed her after noticing the rusting classic cars in her yard and saw her walking the yard .this isn't even noon ,let alone 10 am.i remember her from AutoZone first .

You can be modest and be reasonable dressed for hot climate of 90 plus with humidity .

Not all but most women place them to be seen .

You don't need to wear booty shorts and have tats where they are visible .

That one turns heads,she always wears things like that .I was reading a route and noticed her after noticing the rusting classic cars in her yard and saw her walking the yard .this isn't even noon ,let alone 10 am.i remember her from AutoZone first .

You can be modest and be reasonable dressed for hot climate of 90 plus with humidity .
jasonc Well, you must know of course about the ones you saw; and I don't recall if you mentioned whether Mrs. jasonc has any; but I do get the definite impression that they are so widespread now; and in the Bible Belt they are said to be ubiquitous:

Around here (Bible Belt), it is common, especially among evangelical Christians, for the girls under about 40 to have religious tattoos. More do than don't, especially when you get to the under 30 crowd. I hardly know any female at church that is under 30 that does not have a tattoo.
forums dot thewelltrainedmind dot com

(So I wouldn't regard them as unusual at Autozone either.)

My wife hasn't .
I just don't need to have Bible tattoos to reach the lost .nor do I need bumper stickers .just my mouth or hands to type or write ..

Writing a Bible verse on the biblical illiterate that are around won't do much .

Why ?if you don't have it big enough to bee seen .

Many jobs won't let you .the military will deny you entrance over tats in certain areas and hate ones are a problem .

I'm still anti tattoo . Most aren't doing it for the Lord .

stovebolts I do take your point about the power of God. Ephesians 2 is a passage that often comes to mind about the change in the unbeliever/believer, before/after.

In style terms, I guess faded tattooing is kind of an extension of the style of faded and distressed jeans. Although seeing as the young lady with the entire John 3.16 tattoo on her wrist area that my wife and I talked to was likely wanting to use it as a witness tool, then preserving its legibility would be important and she would thus likely regard it as almost obligatory after several years to go back to the tattoo parlor for some ink to be re-injected and refreshed. (So I can see also how as Christian woman she might feel quite strongly committed to going back to the tattoo parlor in due course.)
Yeah, I could see that for sure. I’ve been told that modern ink doesn’t fade like the ink from 35 years ago. What do you know about that?

It's that time of year again.
It's getting warmer outside and here in the South it gets really warm and humid...so people wear clothes that don't cover you as much.

And many people have tattoos...
And I'm often wondering how they chose the tattoo artist that they did.

I gotta back up a minute to say that I am not intimidated by tattoos. They're just ink. I don't have any but I wouldn't mind having one. Just don't know what I'd want or where I'd put it. Those things last forever.

Which brings me to the point.

So many of these tattoos look bad. The artistry sucks. The fuzzy lines are often not well done. The designs are often just kinda stupid...they do nothing for their wearers. (Poor choice) Other times the lines aren't straight or consistent curves. (Just bad artistry) Then you can always tell who can't stop drinking alcoholic beverages because of the fuzzy lines... alcoholic beverages when getting a tattoo makes them spread badly... you usually can't drink for a couple weeks after getting one.

Once in a while I see a good one. Nice artistry, clear picture, and good colors....but they are few and far in between.

So...if you must get one...do it sober and do some research into the artist...make sure that they have some idea how to draw.
It ought to be known that the ink injected has heavy metal in it. I do work with MRIs and we reject people with tattoos in area of interest because the heavy metal in the tattoos will vibrate causing deep burns.

Yeah that was one of the things I mentioned that I find absolutely disguising. I just can't understand why people want to do that to themselves! Sorry if I'm offending anybody who does that it is reading this it just really grosses me out.
I feel the same way. An old pastor I know asked a young woman in the youth group what she thought about tattoos on the christian and she gave a profound answer. She said she thought it was like graffiti on the house of God.

Back