Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The 3rd Temple will be built soon

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Norman, what Bible verse says that? Is that a verse or your opinion?
"The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it." - John 1:5
"“No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them, and I will raise them up at the last day." - John 6:44

You guys are entitled to your opinion of me...just as I am of you!
Norman no one is personally judging you, but only discussing by showing what is already written in the scriptures about a third Temple so please do not take what we say as a personal attack on you. Many believe a third Temple will be built and many do not. It has nothing to do with our salvation as Christ already paid the price for us through His blood sacrifice, once and for all.

However one puts it, a new temple, in time, shall be built! In my opinion.
I recall back in 2000 when the Lord had me read out loud Ezekiel 40-48.
At the time, it seemed to me that I was practicing Romans 10:8-10...so I would believe it in my heart.
Ezra 6:14-15 the Jews did not build the second Temple according to the vision Ezekiel received, Ezekiel 40-48. Instead, God commanded his prophets Haggai, Zechariah and Malachi not to build the Temple according to Ezekiel's vision because it was intended to be an everlasting edifice connected with everlasting redemption, something the Israelites were not ready to receive after their exile from Babylon.

When the Jewish people emerged from exile at the decree of Babylon's King Cyrus their repentance was only partial and many of the Jews remained under foreign rule. The second Temple was built under Ezra’s leadership and Israel continued practicing Judaism and their Temple was desecrated as part of an effort to impose Greek-oriented culture and customs on the entire population. Roman rule refurbished the temple as Herod, Romans vassal king, rules the land of Israel. In 70 A.D. the Temple is once again destroyed. The Temple Mount was taken over in 691 A.D. as the Arab nation built the Dome of the Rock and there has not been any other Temple built since that time on the original Temple Mount.

Okay...whatever the number attached to it, I believe that sometime in the not-too-distant future a temple will be rebuilt in Jerusalem and the daily sacrifice will be reinstated.

Okay...whatever the number attached to it, I believe that sometime in the not-too-distant future a temple will be rebuilt in Jerusalem and the daily sacrifice will be reinstated.
Even if it is built somewhere else other then the original Temple Mount, God will not honor any animal sacrifices once a year offered for a yearly atonement for sin. He already gave us the final unblemished sacrifice through His Son Christ Jesus who has already fulfilled the Temple law of sacrifice.

Acts 7:48 Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,
Acts 7:49 Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest?
Acts 7:50 Hath not my hand made all these things?
Acts 7:51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.

I said that I believe that the temple is going to be rebuilt...no more, no less.
You have every right to believe what you want. We are just trying to have a discussion about it and you can certainly bow out if you choose to do so. It's no big deal one way or the other.

However one puts it, a new temple, in time, shall be built!

Norman, you are certainly not the only one that believes that another temple will be built in the near future...BUT even if one does get built, it does not mean that God issued a mandate to build it. Man builds many buildings to worship their "gods" but God chose to destroy Herod's temple to ensure that temple sacrifices could no longer be reinstated because Jesus was the Lamb that replaces animal sacrifices. To reinstate them over again would, in my opinion, be a denial of the sacrifice of the blood of Jesus on the cross. Nowhere in scripture can anyone produce one verse that says that sacrifices must be reinstated. That came from "a man's idea" during the early 1800's - not from scripture.

It was at the Last Supper that Jesus instituted the New Covenant that was sealed with his blood. (Matt. 26:26:-29)

"Now as they were eating, Jess took the bread, and blessed, and broke it, and gave it to the disciples and said, "Take, eat; this is my body." And he took a cup, and when he had given thanks he gave it to them, saying, "Drink of it, all of you; for this is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins."

Back