Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The 3rd Temple will be built soon

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Revelation 11 is one spot

will take time to find the others
The book is a "revelation" (or apocalypse) (1:1). As such it employs symbols and figures common to apocalyptic literature: supernatural events, unearthly creatures, metaphors, pseudonyms, and numbers. Perhaps not even the original readers of the book understood the precise meaning of all these strange symbols and metaphors; among modern commentators there is no agreement as to what they all mean.

There are four main schemes of interpretation of the book:

1. the preterit - everything has already been fulfilled;
2. the historical - the predictions are in the process of being fulfilled;
3. the futurist - all the predictions are in the future and;
4. the spiritual - the events describe are only symbols of spiritual realities and struggles without any literal or historical application.

It is the person of Christ, however, who dominates the book. He is both the Lamb, "as though it had been slain" (5:6), and the warrior who goes forth to conquer and rule, whose name is "The Word of God (19:11-16.

Perhaps not even the original readers of the book understood the precise meaning of all these strange symbols and metaphors; among modern commentators there is no agreement to what they all mean.

Therefore, if theologians cannot agree on this book of symbolism then I don't think it is wise for us to try and agree on this highly controversial book. So, I prefer to stick with the scriptures that do speak in terms that us unlearned people can deal with.

Thanks for responding anyway.

I would love to visit the temple. I wonder if they'd allow me to do a complimentary sacrifice. That would be awesome...just like my ancestors!

I would love to visit the temple. I wonder if they'd allow me to do a complimentary sacrifice. That would be awesome...just like my ancestors!
Why would you want to visit the Dome of the Rock? It's a Muslim worship center.

Secondly, why would you also want to do a "complientary sacrifice" when Christ has already become the one and only last sacrifice on the cross in blood? Christ was the Lamb that was slain to pay the price for our sins once and for all. There will be no more sacrifices.

Attachments

• Dome of the Rock.jpg
    Dome of the Rock.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Why would you want to visit the Dome of the Rock? It's a Muslim worship center.

Secondly, why would you also want to do a "complientary sacrifice" when Christ has already become the one and only last sacrifice on the cross in blood? Christ was the Lamb that was slain to pay the price for our sins once and for all. There will be no more sacrifices.
I said the temple. Though if invited, I'd visit the mosque also. I know some Muslims and I like them. They're nice people.
My refugee neighbors from Damascus kinda keep to themselves, but I think that's understandable. Though they always say hi in passing.
I've believed John 3:16 in my heart since the Lord placed it there in 1973. Since I learned of my Levite ancestry 2 years ago, I'm interested in all things Jewish!
And if they're going to do it anyway...I come from a long line of farmers, so slaughtering animals, if done humanely, doesn't bother me all that much. Well, it kinda does, but such is life in the real world.
I love watching lion videos. I see what happens to their cubs when the hunt fails. I love wildlife. There's predators and there's prey...it's just the natural order of things.

I said the temple.
But there is no more temple.
The Dome of the Rock replaced it. God ordained that there be no more sacrifices and I believe that is why the Dome of the Rock is right where any "new temple" would have to be erected.
Though if invited, I'd visit the mosque also.
I don't think they would let you in. Only muslims are permitted in it. They will kill you if you try because they consider it to be just as sacred as the temple's Holy of Holies was before God destroyed it in 70 AD.
I know some Muslims and I like them. They're nice people.
I'm sure that many Muslims are nice people --- but they are very intent on keeping that Dome of the Rock right where it is.

The temple will be rebuilt...it says so in the bible. I thought that's what this thread was about.
I know it's a serious subject...I highly doubt I will be around to see it. Perhaps I should be serious for a moment.
I looked to my left and saw a boulevard with shrubs and perhaps benches on it. Past it was a street. Beyond that was another boulevard. It had shrubs, benches, and I think, trees. It looked like a downtown park. There was a low-hanging mist on the ground. It had a golden glow to it.
I turned my head forward. There was a tall man standing about 3 feet in front of me. As I looked up at Him, I saw Yeshua looking into my eyes. I was immersed in His love for me...He was smiling at me.
Around this time, I lay dead in emergency.
As the doctor had failed to restart my heart, the nurse was filling out my time of death. Then my heart started beating again. Later, when I awoke from the coma, I was paralyzed and in agony.
A month later I went home to my new apartment. Where I was alone for years. I make light of serious situations so I don't go whacko!

There are good reasons that God does not want any more temples to be built. He said it Himself in John 4 when speaking to the Samaritan woman....
"Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship. Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father. Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews. But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. (JOHN 4:20-240​

Perhaps I could imagine that I could go back in time and participate with the daily sacrifice. I'm not saying that I like it or anything. Just that at one time it was the Lord's requirement and that my ancestors were involved in it. As I ponder what was and what is, I find it interesting to see new testament fulfillment of old testament prophetic foreshadowing.
Having seen what no eye has seen, having heard what no ear has heard, having perceived what God has prepared for those who love Him, and let me tell you, it was wonderful, I am spoiled to this life and it to me.

I need to know You
I want to see You
I must commune with You
I choose to love you

When I am here with You alone
Kneeling before Your throne
My heart has found it's home
With You...once again! tc

"Now we see but a dim reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known." 1 Corinthians 13:12
Then, I will be satisfied.

and we know tribute is expected as Christ will rule from Jerusalem.
There will be no more temples built in Jerusalem because Jesus himself said to the Samaritan woman at the well in John 4:20-24....

"Our fathers worshiped on this mountain; and you say that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship." ...And Jesus said to her "Woman, believe me, that hour is coming when neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem will you worship the father...But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for such the Father seeks to worship him. God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth."

There have already been 3 literal"temples" that God ordained;
Temple #1 - the tent in the wilderness​
Temple #2 - Solomon's temple​
Temple #3 - Herod's temple​
The words from the mouth of Jesus is not to be taken lightly. When Jesus said that people would no longer be worshipping in Jerusalem, that meant that there would be no more temples needed as the "church" was to become God's "spiritual temple."

1Pe 2:5 "...and like living stones be yourselves built into a spiritual house, to be a holy priesthood, to offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ."

Jesus, the Messiah, came to fulfill the OT verses about him in the New Testament. His words from His own mouth as "prophet, king and priest" take presedence over OT prophecies. Jesus was crowned King while on earth. He is now ruling "his spiritual church" on earth.

The will, the building materials, the temple furnishings, and, according to some, the ark of the covenant, are waiting in the wings for the right situation to arise. Then, with amazing speed, the third temple shall be built. Mark my words.

Ezra 6:14-15 the Jews did not build the second Temple according to the vision Ezekiel received, Ezekiel 40-48. Instead, God commanded his prophets Haggai, Zechariah and Malachi not to build the Temple according to Ezekiel's vision because it was intended to be an everlasting edifice connected with everlasting redemption, something the Israelites were not ready to receive after their exile from Babylon.

When the Jewish people emerged from exile at the decree of Babylon's King Cyrus their repentance was only partial and many of the Jews remained under foreign rule. The second Temple was built under Ezra’s leadership and Israel continued practicing Judaism and their Temple was desecrated as part of an effort to impose Greek-oriented culture and customs on the entire population. Roman rule refurbished the temple as Herod, Romans vassal king, rules the land of Israel. In 70 A.D. the Temple is once again destroyed. The Temple Mount was taken over in 691 A.D. as the Arab nation built the Dome of the Rock and there has not been any other Temple built since that time on the original Temple Mount.

The cornerstone for the new Temple was brought to Jerusalem on May 21, 2009 and still remains on the street. "Jerusalem Day" in 1967 was to celebrate the liberation of the Temple Mount, but there is a problem there as the Dome of the Rock sits on the Temple Mount. Baruch Ben-Yosel , chairman of the Movement to Restore the Temple, made it clear that the Temple had to be built in the exact spot where the Dome of the Rock sits.

There will never be a third Temple built by hands, Acts 7:48; Acts 17:24. When the veil of the Temple was torn from top to bottom after Jesus gave up the ghost, Matthew 27:50, 51, this symbolized that the sacrifice of Jesus and the shedding of his blood was now made for the atonement of sin and that all, Jew and Gentile, can come before Him as He is the only way to the Father, John 14:6.

There is no more veil for the Priest to enter into the Holy of Holies once a year to make atonement for Israel's sin, nor is there any more animal sacrifices as we are no longer under the Old Covenant nor the preaching of the law, but are under a new and better covenant of Gods grace through Christ Jesus as our High Priest, Hebrews 4:14-16. Jesus prophesied of the Temple being desolate and that no one will see Him again until His time comes meaning when He returns on the last day, Matthew 24:1, 2; Luke 13:34, 35, John 6:40.

God no longer dwells in a Temple made by hands, Acts 7:48, 49, and this is why God left it desolate all these years when it was destroyed by the Romans in 70 AD, Hebews 9:11-28; 10:1-4. Now the Dome of the Rock sits on the Temple Mount and was built around 692 AD. The Muslims will never give it over to Israel, plus the Dome of the Rock is being refurbished for the son of perdition (not a Muslim man) to come and sit on his throne on the very Temple Mount of God and will cause a great falling away from truth, Isaiah 14:12-14; 2 Thessalonians 2:3-12.

Jesus fulfilled everything the temple stood for being the last sacrifical lamb taking away all the sin of the world. God no longer dwells in a temple made by hands, Acts 7:48-50; 17:22-31; Hebrews 10:7-18

Malachi 1:11 For from the rising of the sun even unto the going down of the same my name shall be great among the Gentiles; and in every place incense shall be offered unto my name, and a pure offering: for my name shall be great among the heathen, saith the LORD of hosts.

John 4:21 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father. 22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews. 23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. 24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

The church, (body of Christ) is the temple where God dwells by His Holy Spirit, Zechariah 6:9-15 (prophecy of coming Messiah); 1 Corinthians 3:16, 17; Ephesians 2:19-22, Galatians 3:19-29.

In 70AD the second temple was destroyed and put an end to the temple made by hands and the sacrifices made there. The Temple of God now dwells in all who are Spiritually born again and indwelled with the Holy Spirit, John 3:5-7; Romans 10:9, 10.

However one puts it, a new temple, in time, shall be built! In my opinion.
I recall back in 2000 when the Lord had me read out loud Ezekiel 40-48.
At the time, it seemed to me that I was practicing Romans 10:8-10...so I would believe it in my heart.

For someone to want to do a "complimentary sacrifice" suggests that they don't understand Scripture and the one true sacrifice to which all those previous sacrifices pointed.

However one puts it, a new temple, in time, shall be built! In my opinion.
I recall back in 2000 when the Lord had me read out loud Ezekiel 40-48.
At the time, it seemed to me that I was practicing Romans 10:8-10...so I would believe it in my heart.
Norman, I dont think that neither 'for His Glory' nor myself have just given our opinion of whether or not "we" believe that a fourth earthly temple will be built or not; we have let scripture speak for itself. We have quoted the words that Jesus Himself spoke. They are there for everyone to either accept or reject as we all have been given choices in life. Scripture can be sometimes hard to accept when "the Word" does not agree with what we have been taught.

In the night, there is a light. It is attracting life from all around. All of the life is doing it's best to get to the light.
This is how I see us.

Back