Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

The abomination of desolation

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Me thinks Paul was talking to Believers in Christ who were no longer part of the Temple worshiping sect. It is Paul who teaches us that we are the Temple of God. It is my belief that the spirit of antichrist will reside in the hearts of those who claim they are Holy Spirit filled Christians. They may be spirit filled, but it won't be God's spirit. It will the spirit of the evil one "standing" in place in the temple, that is, fooling some that he is God.

I see no real reason for the rebuilding of a physical Temple nor do I believe in some "peace treaty". I find no Biblical proof, especially in the NT, that there will be any sort of treaty. If you are attributing this to Daniel 9. 9:27 say 'confirm', not "sign". Witnesses usually are the ones called up to "confirm' something.

Hi guys~

I am no supporter of Obama, but I do not think that is a spidey sign or a "sign of the horns" is it?

No~ I am an ASL interpreter and I often use that sign, it means; "I love you." :shrug It is one of the few universal signs used almost worldwide by the deaf and by many who know even a little sign language. :yes

Anywho~ just adding my pennies to your pot, :twocents carry on.

bonnie

Vic C. said:
Spiderman signs? That's no spiderman sign, that's the "Sign of the horns". If the many people who flash it only knew what it means. :shame2

I am certain that most know exactly what it means. That's why they do it.
sisi.gif

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20 ... _satan.htm

I see he is saluting Satan in that pic.

[youtube:jcftm9wd]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xwyH0xb9r0[/youtube:jcftm9wd]

When the abomination of desolation is placed in the land of Judea, how will you recognise it?

For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy."

Oh ...PHOOEY… on the enemy!

I will not SEE the enemy when He defiles the temple… I will be seeing Jesus........................

[youtube:1d9tpa85]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Dca0P7w9ZQ[/youtube:1d9tpa85]

... I was in the Spirit on the Lord's Day, and I heard behind me a loud voice, as of a trumpet, saying, "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last," and, "What you see, write in a book and send it to the seven churches which are in Asia: to Ephesus, to Smyrna, to Pergamos, to Thyatira, to Sardis, to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea." Then I turned to see the voice that spoke with me. And having turned I saw seven golden lampstands, and in the midst of the seven lampstands One like the Son of Man, clothed with a garment down to the feet and girded about the chest with a golden band. His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and His eyes like a flame of fire; His feet were like fine brass, as if refined in a furnace, and His voice as the sound of many waters; He had in His right hand seven stars, out of His mouth went a sharp two-edged sword, and His countenance was like the sun shining in its strength. And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. But He laid His right hand on me, saying to me, "Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last. I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death.

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen. bonnie :shades

Sorry, I couldn't find a sarcastic smiley.
Spiderman loves you.
425.spiderman.121407.jpg

As for the abomination that causes desolation, consider that we no longer need a temple because Christ lives in us. However, if in our heart we still worship worldly idols (money, power, false religion, humanism, etc...take your pick), should we not expect the same judgement that befalls the Temple of Revelation?

Sinthesis said:
Sorry, I couldn't find a sarcastic smiley.
Spiderman loves you.
425.spiderman.121407.jpg

As for the abomination that causes desolation, consider that we no longer need a temple because Christ lives in us. However, if in our heart we still worship worldly idols (money, power, false religion, humanism, etc...take your pick), should we not expect the same judgement that befalls the Temple of Revelation?
1 Cor.3:16-17
16Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
17If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

XTruth said:
Sinthesis said:
16Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
17If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.
So which abomination should we be concerned about? One in a non-existant-rebuilt-temple or those that exist in the billions among the living-yet-dead?

Why don't we just rust that God will take care of His temple, whether it be a building or the body of Christ?

Who are we? .............to think we can discern the heart of another? Why would any of us want anything but restoration and salvation for ANY other human being? What is man that You are mindful of him? And the son of man, that You take care of him? Hebrews 2:6

BTW~ What do you do with this scripture in your theology? Revelation 21:22 But I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. Hmmm... What happened to the saints, who have been the temple of the Lord? :chin

Ahhhhh Revelation 21............ :thumb

The Lord has made a new heaven and a new earth all things are become new, there is no more sea, and the Holy City comes out of heaven. God’s desire to live in close fellowship with us is fulfilled, and man’s purpose to be a people of and for God is a reality. This is truly our highest priviledge~ to walk with God~ to see Him face to face! All the former things are passed away, and He wipess away every tear!
Here's the really COOL part... the entropy law will be repealed. Yea! Nothing will wear out or decay, and no one will age or die anymore!

To me this change of the temple is so right! :approve
It reminds us that heaven will be a place of pure worship. The things we use to help us worship, but often end up distracting us in worship (like buildings, music, customs, etcetera...) will no longer be necessary. Our focus will be totally on the Person we Worship, the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb.

In heaven, none of our joy, beauty, or knowledge will be based on created things, but only on the Creator Himself!

By faith, you and I can have it that way now... We can decide to trust in God so completely that our joy, what we consider beauty, and our foundation of knowledge are all based on Jesus, and not on anything created. :lol

In Him... :nod bonnie

Sinthesis said:
XTruth said:
Sinthesis said:
So which abomination should we be concerned about? One in a non-existant-rebuilt-temple or those that exist in the billions among the living-yet-dead?
Those who are "in Christ" are the temple of God and the Holy Spirit (1 Cor.3:16-17; 6:19-20; 2 Cor.6:16). To be "in Christ" means that you have faith in the blood of Christ and are faithfully obediently following Him. There are only 2 categories here, "in sin" or "in Christ." Jesus tells us what defiles us in Mat.15:18-20 and Mark 7:19-23....it is sin of any kind. So when a person who is "in Christ" sins, they have defiled themself and the temple of God, which they are, and if left w/ this defilement at death, they will be eternally destroyed.

There is also a real and physical temple of God that is a building that will be rebuilt soon (during the first half of the Tribulation period). All the furniture is already constructed and ready to be placed inside the temple. This temple will be defiled by the abomination of desolation in the middle of the Tribulation period which begins the 3 1/2 period called the Great Tribulation. The abomination of desolationwhich is the Antichrist (Mat.24:15; Dan.9:27; 11:40-45; 12:1; Mk.13:14; 2 Thes.2:4; Rev.11:1-2; 12:1-17; 13:1-18). He is referred to as the man of sin in 2 Thes.2:1-12. Either way you look at it, when sin enters the temple, the temple is defiled.

1 Cor.3:16-17-
Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

XTruth,

You are incorrectly implying that the "any man defile the temple of God" is referring to a member of of the temple of God; one who is "in Christ". [The Bible states that if any man "in Christ" sins, he has an advocate. (1John 2:1). All of the sins of the elect were paid for from the foundation of the world (Rev.13:8). They have obtained an inheritance which is incorruptible (1Peter 1:4)]

But, this is an erroneous rendering of this verse.

The word YE is a plural word and actually means, in the context of this verse, the whole church at Corinth.

The man who does the defiling of the temple would be anyone who would bring in false doctrines, and heresies; causing division among thos in the Body of Christ.

God is the avenger of His Church, His Body; those who would defile His temple with false doctrine and/or false worship.

And, no... there will be no physical temple God will rebuild. That idea is part of the last-days deception.

Satan, the abomination which makes desolate, is now ruling the the world's churches and congregations. Satan is seated in the holy place; the temple where "people who are called by His name" congregate for worship.

THE END OF THE CHURCH AGE

Most people find it difficult to believe that the church age is over, and that God no longers uses the Local congregation to evangelize the world, because of its apostacy from the word of God..There is a prophesied time in world history, which we are now in, when The church age would have completed its task and be finished..rev 11:

7And when they[the two witnesses, the olive trees, the church] shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.

The word finished here is the greek word:

teleô which means:
to bring to a close, to finish, to end

The same word is used and relates to the same point here in rev 20:

And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

You see, now that the church age has expired, satan has been loosed out of His prison, to decieve the religous world..This is Gods Judgment upon the unfaithful churches who have forsaken the scripture and now serve the doctrines of men..in this way, satan is being worshipped in the churches 2 thess 2:

4Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
5Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
6And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time. 7For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

The churches of today dont serve christ through His blessed Gospel, but the traditions and creeds of men and denominations and creeds..

So now we are in a period of time called the great tribulation, this period of time , the gospel is no longer being preached by apostate religon, but by individuals who have been seperated out of the whore church..

Just like in the day of noah, God seperated a invivdual to preach the truth..

The Holy Spirits great restraining influence is gone from the local assemblies, hence giving satan full authority inthe Local churches..

Yes, the church age is over, having ened in apostacy as paul intimated also in rom 11:

18Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.

19Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be grafted in.
20Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear: 21For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.

As God cut off israel from being the stewards of His gospel, hence He has cut off the church from being stewards of the mysteries of the Gospel..the church age is over just like israels covenant relationship is over..

There is no salvation message in the churches now..any and all being converted by the gospel, will be outside of apostate religon..

The True gospel is now been entrusted to faithful Individuals, God is no longer using the church..

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Truegrace ... essage/327

Riiiggghhhttttt. I don't agree w/ a single thing you've just said :shrug Thought you didn't believe in debating???

AnnieHere said:
Riiiggghhhttttt. I don't agree w/ a single thing you've just said :shrug Thought you didn't believe in debating???

Your rendering of 1 Cor.3:16-17 was incorrect.

Debating is arguing. But studying God's Word for correct exegesis is commanded by Him:

"All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness"

-2 Timothy 3:17

"Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."
-2 Timothy 2:15

:yes

AnnieHere said:
AnnieHere said:

Your rendering of 1 Cor.3:16-17 was incorrect.

Debating is arguing. But studying God's Word for correct exegesis is commanded by Him:

"All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness"

-2 Timothy 3:17

"Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."
-2 Timothy 2:15

:yes
Oh yes, I know we're supposed to correct false doctrines and "erroneous renderings." Look at the entire reason Paul wrote 1 Cor. and all the context around ch.3 and tell me again that it was false teachers that were coming in to defile the Christians w/ false teachings. Even vs.18 says, "Let no man deceive himself." 1 Cor.5 is what is being built to and then 1 Cor.6:9-20 is an even more elaborated passage that coincides w/ 1 Cor.3:16-17. We defile ourselves by sinning, it's not as if we are still okay but false teachers are the doomed ones...I don't even see the context of false teachers in that passage at all.

Mark.7:19-23
19Because it entereth not into his heart, but into the belly, and goeth out into the draught, purging all meats?
20And he said, That which cometh out of the man, that defileth the man.
21For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,
22Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness:
23All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.

1 Cor.6:9-20
9Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
11And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.
12All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.
13Meats for the belly, and the belly for meats: but God shall destroy both it and them. Now the body is not for fornication, but for the Lord; and the Lord for the body.
14And God hath both raised up the Lord, and will also raise up us by his own power.
15Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid.
16What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.
17But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.
18Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.
19What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
20For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

It is important to understand who is being addressed. When scriptures refer to "a man" / "men", they aren't necessarily referring to the righteous, those in Christ.

In 1 Cor. 6:9-10 Paul is speaking about the unrighteous; these who will not inherit the kingdom. Then in verse 11, he describes the righteous who will inherit the kingdom; in verses through 19 he is teaching the brethren how to keep the flesh under.

The body of Christ, His true Church (not a physical building), can never be defiled because it is protected by God Himself (Mat.16:18, 1Peter 1:23).

However, the local church congregations today HAVE become defiled. God is calling HIS OWN out.

"The churches of today dont serve Christ through His blessed Gospel, but the traditions and creeds of men and denominations and creeds."

AnnieHere said:
It is important to understand who is being addressed. When scriptures refer to "a man" / "men", they aren't necessarily referring to the righteous, those in Christ.

In 1 Cor. 6:9-10 Paul is speaking about the unrighteous; these who will not inherit the kingdom. Then in verse 11, he describes the righteous who will inherit the kingdom; in verses through 19 he is teaching the brethren how to keep the flesh under.

The body of Christ, His true Church (not a physical building), can never be defiled because it is protected by God Himself (Mat.16:18, 1Peter 1:23).

However, the local church congregations today HAVE become defiled. God is calling HIS OWN out.

"The churches of today dont serve Christ through His blessed Gospel, but the traditions and creeds of men and denominations and creeds."

You are correct, it is important to understand who is being addressed. Any man means any man. There is no respecter of persons w/ God (2 Sam.14:14; 2 Chr.19:7; Acts 10:34-35; Rom.2:11; Eph.6:9; Col.3:25; 1 Pt.1:17). Those believers who participate in any of the sins of 1 Cor.6 9-10 are damned until true repentance is rendered (Eze.18:20-32; Lk.13:1-5; 1 Jn.1:9). That is the reason for the instruction in the following verses.

We've gone off topic. Please join me in the debate forum for this OSAS discussion we're always lead to. :wave

Xtruth said:
Any man means any man.

That is Incorrect. "Any man" who is righteous cannot be compared to "any man" who continues in sin (wicked).

"Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. "

-1John 3:9

"A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do [them]. "
-Ezekiel 36:26-27

godisgood.gif

AnnieHere said:
Xtruth said:
Any man means any man.

That is Incorrect. "Any man" who is righteous cannot be compared to "any man" who continues in sin (wicked).

"Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. "

-1John 3:9

"A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do [them]. "
-Ezekiel 36:26-27

godisgood.gif
Yes I have a lot to say about what you've just said and everything else. You are targeting my post and all I want is to take our debate to the correct forum and not hijack another thread. Why won't you comply, we're already debating? If this persist, we're going to get a warning sent to each of us and I am just trying to comply w/ the forum rules. Set up a thread in the debate forum and I'll meet you there, or tell me you agree and I'll start one....now lets get back to the abomination of desolation thread.

Mat 24:15 “So when you see the ‘abomination that lays waste,' spoken of by Dani’ĕl the prophet, set up in the set-apart place†– he who reads, let him understand -

Mat 24:16 “then let those who are in Yehuá¸Âah flee to the mountains.

Luk 21:20 “And when you see Yerushalayim surrounded by armies, then know that its laying waste is near.

Luk 21:21 “Then let those in Yehuá¸Âah flee to the mountains, and let those who are in the midst of her go out, and let not those who are in the fields enter her.

Luk 21:22 “Because these are days of vengeance, to fill all that have been written.

:wave

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back