Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

The Antichrist compared to the Catholic pseudo church

Even if all that you post in these hateful diatribes is true, please tell me how many Christians Catholics are killing today in the name of Christ???

I dont hate Catholics, i hate the religion, i love the people and pray that they get saved. I just want to point out the facts.

You might know that the Catholic Church was active in supporting Hitler and to start WW2 because the Pope thought that Hitler would usher in a New World Order with the Vatican as its World Spiritual Power. The reason why there are few Catholics killing real Christians today is because the Pope wants to bring about a New World Order again but this time through peaceful methods, the Pope is using a different strategy thats all, but i believe it is a strategy to bring about more evil eventually.

You might know that the Catholic Church was active in supporting Hitler and to start WW2 because the Pope thought that Hitler would usher in a New World Order with the Vatican as its World Spiritual Power.
Libelous nonsense. :bigfrown

It's pointless to try to refute all such conspiracy theories, because the conspiracy theorists then simply claim that all such refutations are part of the conspiracy to "cover-up" the conspiracy!!!

It's all paranoid delusion!

Since history books have been largely rewritten, few people know specific details of this murderous campaign of the Roman Catholic Inquisition that lasted over 1,200 years, killing 75 million people. But, once you understand the unprecedented horrors of the Inquisition, you will never look at Roman Catholicism the same way again.

In reading books from 50-150 years ago, we see Christian authors struggling with this very question; they decided to "sanitize" the truth so no Christian sensibilities are offended. Yet, their books hide the true horror of the Roman Catholic Church! In this End of the Age, where Antichrist is apparently near, when the False Prophet has been selected and he is the Pope, and when the Liberal Protestant Church is cozying up to the very beast that slaughtered up to 75 million Protestants, we have concluded that the time has come to take the "sensibility blinders off". We will quote Catholic documents just as they were printed, so you can see the true face of this beast that slaughtered 75-100 million people over 1,200 years; if you think you will be offended, do not read the rest of the article [rest assured we will not depict gross immorality, as we have filtered that out].

I wonder how many of those tens of millions that died were real Christian martyrs? :chin

Nowhere in Holy Scripture did Jesus ever slaughter anyone who disagreed with him, nor did He ever advocate any of his followers doing so. Neither does any Apostle give this command to the Church later in the New Testament.

Have the Muslims been helped by the RCC?
Doesn't the Pope want a one world religion with himself as the head? :chin

Seems unlikely!!! and your numbers are way inflated to date nearly 47 million christians have been martered for there faith, and that mostly by islam.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont hate Catholics, i hate the religion, i love the people and pray that they get saved. I just want to point out the facts.

You might know that the Catholic Church was active in supporting Hitler and to start WW2 because the Pope thought that Hitler would usher in a New World Order with the Vatican as its World Spiritual Power. The reason why there are few Catholics killing real Christians today is because the Pope wants to bring about a New World Order again but this time through peaceful methods, the Pope is using a different strategy thats all, but i believe it is a strategy to bring about more evil eventually.
STOP. KINDLY STOP WITH THE LIES. AS A MAN WHO LOST FAMILY IN THE HOLOCAUST AND HAD NO LOVE FOR THE RCC. I HAVE investigated the rcc and found that the rcc pope at the time didnt cause the holocaust but rather acted as best as he could to save as many as he could. catholics killing real christians thats a laugh. i'll be sure to tell that to my grandpa and great aunt who were devout(albeit not perfect) catholics when i get to heaven to see them.my mom a catholic, and now protestant married my dad a JEW.

May I remind you, there were Catholic Priests interred in some (all?) of the DEATH CAMPS.

As I said in another thread just now:
Um WHAT?

There is something wrong with this board, I thought it was just me - you know, sometimes I go after people, forgetting they are brothers and sisters is Christ.

But it is NOT just me - there is something WRONG with this place. Maybe, with all
of us here.

But it is NOT just me - there is something WRONG with this place. Maybe, with all of us here.

I think the larger problem lies with many so-called "fundy churches", that teach this kind of garbage then tell their people not to study extra-biblical sources, because much of it is "heresy" to them.

So then you end up with the kind of nonsense you see all over the web (and in some posts here) presenting these kinds of conspiracies based solely on ignorance, malice, and prejudice.

This stuff is hateful, malicious, libelous and irrelevant. Even if past generations of Catholics and Popes were guilty of everything alleged in this garbage, who - in their right mind - would condemn Catholics today for the alleged sins of their fathers???

It's irrational and spiteful and this kind of nonsense has to stop! :nono2

(And who says one's view of eschatology doesn't affect the way they see the world or share Christ? I think we can see the fruit these kinds of conspiracies produce in the church and in the world today!)

Don't leave, Pizzaguy: you're one of the voices of reason around here! :thumbsup

Since history books have been largely rewritten, few people know specific details of this murderous campaign of the Roman Catholic Inquisition that lasted over 1,200 years, killing 75 million people. But, once you understand the unprecedented horrors of the Inquisition, you will never look at Roman Catholicism the same way again.

In reading books from 50-150 years ago, we see Christian authors struggling with this very question; they decided to "sanitize" the truth so no Christian sensibilities are offended. Yet, their books hide the true horror of the Roman Catholic Church! In this End of the Age, where Antichrist is apparently near, when the False Prophet has been selected and he is the Pope, and when the Liberal Protestant Church is cozying up to the very beast that slaughtered up to 75 million Protestants, we have concluded that the time has come to take the "sensibility blinders off". We will quote Catholic documents just as they were printed, so you can see the true face of this beast that slaughtered 75-100 million people over 1,200 years; if you think you will be offended, do not read the rest of the article [rest assured we will not depict gross immorality, as we have filtered that out].

I wonder how many of those tens of millions that died were real Christian martyrs? :chin

Nowhere in Holy Scripture did Jesus ever slaughter anyone who disagreed with him, nor did He ever advocate any of his followers doing so. Neither does any Apostle give this command to the Church later in the New Testament.

Have the Muslims been helped by the RCC?
Doesn't the Pope want a one world religion with himself as the head? :chin
In my lifetime the RCC has become nothing but a religion that is losing power and influence all the time,I realize that in history the RCC would pretty well fit babylon, but sometimes the actual reality of what God has prophecied is not at all what it appeared to be at one time. If the RCC again became what it was at one time then I would be on board,but not the way things have turned out,I see Islam as the great threat.

Mat 7:5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

Are we not all guilty?

As for me i have had enough of the RCC bashing.
Enough of the Worship of King James.

Maybe AKJV you dont see your self as worshiping King James, all the Catholics i know dont see them selfs as worshiping Mary/Saints

The Protestants have enough troubles, and need to learn to clean their own house before they start on their Catholic brothers.

'i' guess that Fox Book of Martyrs is called all propaganda by some. The book even has it stared that 150 million might be a low estamate. (if I recall correcty? you go look it up!) If it was only 1000 that were executed during the dark ages, it still does not change the fact that satan murders Christian's, not God!

And the antichrist church having 'some sincere CHRISTIANS' still yoked inside her is membership is not the issue in the least. Rev. 18:4 is a direct WARNING to these ones to leave.. to which they are doing. And it IS BECAUSE that Christ is not, nor ever has been holding hands with any pope that some are finally understanding as they are Rom. 8:14 Led.

And is God inside of any church that allowe's for knows open sinners to even be a 'priest' who claim [FALSLEY] to have any part to forgive ones sins??? and these sins are documented all over the place with their leadership being a Rev. 18:4 PARTAKER! NO WAY! Josh. 7:12's last part of the verse.

'NEITHER WILL I BE WITH YOU ANYMORE, EXCEPT YE DESTROY THE ACCURSED FROM FROM AMONG YOU" And that was never these ones that some can hardly call propaganda:screwloose But who of 'you' the Rev. 17:1-5 ones believe God??
And this is sure present day truth of what is inside of antichrist rome. READ Matt. 10:20-27

The finding: six priests -- or 7.3 per 10,000 -- died of AIDS in those states that year. The AIDS death rate of the general population in those three states in 1995 was 1.8 per 10,000. A.W. Richard Sipe, a former priest who has spent more than 30 years studying sexuality issues in the church, thinks that about 750 priests nationwide have died of such illnesses. That would translate into an AIDS-related death rate eight times that of the general population. Joseph Barone, a New Jersey psychiatrist and AIDS expert, puts the number of U.S. priests who have died at 1,000 -- nearly 11 times the rate of the general population.

"And the church just doesn't want to admit it." -

THE ENTIRE ARTICLE ~
  • <LI style="BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-TOP: 0in; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-padding-alt: 1.0pt 4.0pt 1.0pt 4.0pt; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l2 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in" class=MsoNormal>http://www.kcstar.com/item/pages/home.pat,local/37743133.129,.html
  • (SEE THIS ARTICLE AS WELL~ http://www.kcstar.com/projects/priests/)

STOP. KINDLY STOP WITH THE LIES. AS A MAN WHO LOST FAMILY IN THE HOLOCAUST AND HAD NO LOVE FOR THE RCC. I HAVE investigated the rcc and found that the rcc pope at the time didnt cause the holocaust but rather acted as best as he could to save as many as he could. catholics killing real christians thats a laugh. i'll be sure to tell that to my grandpa and great aunt who were devout(albeit not perfect) catholics when i get to heaven to see them.my mom a catholic, and now protestant married my dad a JEW.
Thank you Jason! This is what happens when we take info at face value without further investigation. We as Christians, should NOT be spreading rumors. There is a Commandment against it!

Yes, the Crusades and the Inquisition were horrible, but honestly, the history of the Prots contains violent moments too.

I have NO problem with people who incorporate the RCC into their eschatology, but when it comes to the antichrist, may the epistles of John and their definition of antichrist be your reference point.

If you can meet John's criteria with your beliefs, that's cool. :thumbsup If you disregad what John has to say and instead, go with all sorts of extra Biblical resources, that's NOT cool! :shame

:thumbsup

If a person truly believes that the bible is the word of God, then I have no clue as to why they would support the Catholic church. It would honestly just be a stark contradiction.

Thank you Jason! This is what happens when we take info at face value without further investigation. We as Christians, should NOT be spreading rumors. There is a Commandment against it!

Yes, the Crusades and the Inquisition were horrible, but honestly, the history of the Prots contains violent moments too.

I have NO problem with people who incorporate the RCC into their eschatology, but when it comes to the antichrist, may the epistles of John and their definition of antichrist be your reference point.

If you can meet John's criteria with your beliefs, that's cool. :thumbsup If you disregad what John has to say and instead, go with all sorts of extra Biblical resources, that's NOT cool! :shame

Elijah here:
How about you posting for us documentation of Christ's Words of Matt. 4:4 & 2 Tim. 3:16's 'Doctrine' from ALL Scripture of Inspiration, that which even John understood for what the 'Doctrine of Christ' is then? (2 John 1:9-11)

And the simple layman can read the dictionary for what anti/Christ means? and that surely extends from creation on??? And that is well before John's several Gospels. Including Christ's full Gen. 4:7's rejection!

And John did also pen the Rev. 12:17 verse 'me' thinks, telling us who only will finally be saved in the end testing of Rev. '..Which keep the COMMANDMENTS OF GOD, [AND] HAVE THE TESTIMONY OF JESUS CHRIST'

From this end, I always thought that John penned that the Bible was the TESTIMONY OF JESUS? (John 1:1-3 + 14 & 2 Peter 1:20-21) And Victor, 'i' agree that you have the forum authority to limit the antichrist to just John's 'one' book(????) But that is not [Gospel authority] as I see it!

--Elijah

'i' guess that Fox Book of Martyrs is called all propaganda by some. The book even has it stared that 150 million might be a low estamate. (if I recall correcty? you go look it up!)
I did. You do not recall correctly. Here is one excerpt:

Of the multitudes who perished by the Inquisition throughout the world, no authentic record is now discoverable. John Foxe, Foxe's Book of Martyrs, (London: James Nisbet & Co., Ltd., n.d.), WORDsearch CROSS e-book, Under: "CHAPTER V".
In other words, "No one knows." But what Foxe was able to glean from sparse records, he wrote here:

The Netherlands were one scene of slaughter from the time of the decree which planted the Inquisition among them. In Spain the calculation is more attainable. Each of the seventeen tribunals during a long period burned annually, on an average, ten miserable beings!

Yet, even in Spain, thus gleaned of all heresy, the Inquisition could still swell its lists of murders to thirty-two thousand!

John Foxe, Foxe's Book of Martyrs, (London: James Nisbet & Co., Ltd., n.d.), WORDsearch CROSS e-book, Under: "CHAPTER V".
Hardly the "150 million" you hyped in the quote above.

If it was only 1000 that were executed during the dark ages, it still does not change the fact that satan murders Christian's, not God!
No, if it were even only 1! However, the problem I have with the anti-Catholic, anti-Papist crowd here is that you're still holding the Catholic Church - its priests, popes and parishioners - guilty for crimes and sins committed HUNDREDS OF YEARS AGO!

If the Catholic Church is "Mystery Babylon" and the Pope is "the Antichrist", then God must have "missed the boat" in rapturing the "true church", because the inquisitons lasted hundreds of years (NOT 7!) and finally officially ceased all over the world during Queen Elizabeth's reign (although they had ended in practice much earlier!)

On the other hand, few protestants recall the "protestant inquisitions."

Neither side is guiltless when it comes to the shedding of innocent blood. If we were to apply your standard to protestants today for the sins of the reformers, you would have to bear the same shame and guilt as that which you want to dump on Catholics!

But I suspect the worldview you espouse is too "simple" to accommodate such nuanced thinking. :screwloose

One more thing while I'm at it: simply quoting a bunch of unrelated, out-of-context Bible references and quotes does not advance your arguments.

For what it's worth.

Hardly the "150 million" you hyped in the quote above.

How does anyone know exactly how many Catholics or Protestants were killed in the Inquisitions? We could debate the figures all day long because i'm sure that those murderers would not have gone around telling people what they did. And in the inquisition days where anything at all could be heresy and worthy of death who did the real Christians think was the antichrist?

No, if it were even only 1! However, the problem I have with the anti-Catholic, anti-Papist crowd here is that you're still holding the Catholic Church - its priests, popes and parishioners - guilty for crimes and sins committed HUNDREDS OF YEARS AGO!

What's time got to do with it? Has the Catholic Church ever apologised for all the people they have killed over the centuries? Well i just trust God because i'm sure He is going to hold all of them accountable for what they did. The thing about the Catholic Church is that it is still the Catholic Church. And it is there false doctrines that are deadly as arrows and the doctrines that Paul and Peter warned us about in there books. History and the Bible warn us about the Catholic Church.
It is easy to see that the Catholics are not led by the Holy Spirit when you look at there doctrines and traditions. And if they cant get salvation in Jesus correct, whose side are they on?

1Jn 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

Does the RCC denienth the Father and the Son?

1Jn 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

2Jn 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist

Does the RCC confesseth not the Jesus Christ is come in the flesh?

1Jn 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

Does the RCC denienth the Father and the Son?
The Pope is said to be God's representative on earth. The RCC today wont say that Jesus is the Head of the Church.
Today, as ever, the same Pope is referred to as: 'Vicar of Christ', 'Our Lord God the Pope', 'King of Heaven, Earth and Hell', while claiming to represent the lowly and humble Nazarene, the Pope still wears a triple crown of priceless value and robes resplendent with jewels! The priest can forgive sins for a Catholic, only God can forgive sins. To me they have denied the Father and the Son.

1Jn 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

2Jn 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist

Does the RCC confesseth not the Jesus Christ is come in the flesh?

9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.
10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;
11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.
(Acts 1:9-11)

Rome holds to a different understanding. She teaches that Christ also dwells in the consecrated host, sometimes referred to as the Blessed Sacrament. Now, given that Rome claims there are some one billion souls under her umbrella, I daresay it would not be an exaggeration to suggest that Catholic priests, in the epiclesis, invoke Christ's words and the power of the Holy Spirit call Christ down from His heavenly post millions of times every day, with the result that the Real Presence (Christ's body and blood, soul and divinity, according to Rome) may be found in tens of millions of consecrated hosts at any given moment. Christ does not long remain, really and substantially according to Rome, in the form of wine or wafer, abandoning that form at the moment the transubstantiated material begins to undergo corruption.

The RCC may say that Jesus was on earth in flesh once but they do not believe that He can forgive sins, there idea of Jesus is not your idea of Jesus. Like John 14:6 -
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
The RCC has different ideas, they think they can go to a Priest for forgiveness and go to Purgatory when you die. They believe that the RCC is the way to God not Jesus Himself.

Matthew 7:
14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Some information from:
http://www.ianpaisley.org/article.asp?ArtKey=pope

History and the Bible warn us about the Catholic Church.
Show me the chapter and verse that specifically warns us about the Catholic Church.

In the meantime, how many Christians has the RCC killed in the last 50 years? 100 years? 150 years?? 200 years???

You're fighting a battle that's been over for 200 years and guess what: you need to get over it, too!

Has the Catholic Church ever apologised for all the people they have killed over the centuries?

Have Protestants ever apologized for all the Christians they killed??? :shame

But nevertheless, you appear to me to be someone so embittered by their hatred of the Catholic Church, that no amount of reasoning with you will do any good.

Therefore, I'm through trying. :shame

But nevertheless, you appear to me to be someone so embittered by their hatred of the Catholic Church, that no amount of reasoning with you will do any good.

I dont hate Catholics, in fact i have known some over the years and they were somewhat kind to me. However i do hate there religion and pray and hope that they will see the truth in the King James Bible.

In the meantime, how many Christians has the RCC killed in the last 50 years? 100 years? 150 years?? 200 years???

Well i will start with WW2, i believe that the Catholic Church was an accessory to the Nazi's from what i have learned. And the American Civil War, i know that the Catholic Church aided the Confederates.

But guess what, the Catholic Church's best weapons aren't guns and tanks, far more deadlier is false Catholic doctrine that makes people dismiss Jesus as there Saviour and if you dont have Jesus as your Saviour that means one will go to hell. I can give you the Bible verses for that too.

Show me the chapter and verse that specifically warns us about the Catholic Church.

2 Peter 2:
1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

Luke 12:
1 In the mean time, when there were gathered together an innumerable multitude of people, insomuch that they trode one upon another, he began to say unto his disciples first of all, Beware ye of the leaven of the Pharisees, which is hypocrisy.

Matthew 16:
11 How is it that ye do not understand that I spake it not to you concerning bread, that ye should beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees?
12 Then understood they how that he bade them not beware of the leaven of bread, but of the doctrine of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.
13 When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?
14 And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.
15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

And this chart shows the catholic interpretation of the Bible:

http://www.born2serve.org/images/kjvchartbig.gif

Back