Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

The arguement that women are not called to be pastors!

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Granny here :wave2
yes I am an admin here ...To my thinking my work here is subject to the guys.. WIP , Rick , Eora.. and of course the owner.
Trying to follow the line of authority presented in the Scriptures ... while applying them to todays living..

yes I am an admin here ...To my thinking my work here is subject to the guys.. WIP , Rick , Eora.. and of course the owner.
Trying to follow the line of authority presented in the Scriptures ... while applying them to todays living..

Hmmmm

but u need to clarify how and what makes such worlds - unless I didnt understand your intent
The presidency has nothing to do with the church. It's not an office that God instructs the church on how to set up and govern. Individually, there is lots of guidance for the Christian who holds that office just like there is for any other job or task one might take on in the world. But to think that the church is responsible for the office of the Presidency itself is a little misguided.

Last edited:
And also should women be moderators and admins in CF.net? Can you help, Jethro?

Granny is the one that brings all the right-on-the-head-of-the-hammer bible verses: flawless verses
This statement is meaningless.
The owner of this site is a robot.

And also should women be moderators and admins in CF.net? Can you help, Jethro?
(You're just trying to get me in trouble with granny, aren't you. :lol)

A woman moderator has no more official position of authority over the males participating in the forum than they do over her. It's like the woman working at the DMV (Dept. of Motor Vehicles) who says to me, "Hey, you! The one with the dumb look on your face. Stand over here". I take care of business according to how they're running things there and then I'm out the door. No issues about official offices and positions of leadership and authority going on there.

I feel like I got off pretty easy.....no rolling pin. :lol
You're not out of the woods yet. Women have other tools.

fryingpan-hit.gif

so what exactly prevents a Holy Ghost filled woman from mounting the stage and preaching to a congregation, or what is really wrong with a woman being a pastor?

1 Timothy 3:1-7 Gives the qualifications needed to be an overseer of a congregation. This scripture is directed only to men. 1 Timothy 2:12 mentions that woman are not permitted to teach or to exercise authority over a man.
The reason for this arrangement is because of the headship principle. 1Corithians 11:3
Women can share in spreading the good news of the kingdom to unbelievers. On Pentecost men and women were given holy spirit so they could teach others.

New International Version Psalm 68:11
The Lord announces the word, and the women who proclaim it are a mighty throng:

Best brain.

Yet: they could not do without thee...nor...

The presidency has nothing to do with the church. It's not an office that God instructs the church on how to set up and govern. Individually, there is lots of guidance for the Christian who holds that office just like there is for any other job or task one might take on in the world. But to think that the church is responsible for the office of the Presidency itself is a little misguided.
Which is one of the reasons we fall into the hands of the wrong guys

so what exactly prevents a Holy Ghost filled woman from mounting the stage and preaching to a congregation, or what is really wrong with a woman being a pastor?
if women should't be allowed to become pastors and lead everyone, then they also shouldnt be allowed to become presidents and governors of countries etc...because whatever position a woman of God holds in the church or office...she also represents Christianity and serves God too
What I find interesting/amusing is how folks who purport to be guided strictly by the Bible still pick and choose those teachings that fit their notions of "the way things ought to be" and those that don't. Divorce - not a problem, even though the Biblical teaching is pretty clear. Homosexuality - an abomination!!!!! (This is the most glaring example that occurs to me as a regular listener to American Family Radio, where divorce is pretty much condoned - it is most certainly not condemned - while gay marriage is The Single Biggest Threat to Civilization As We Known It, Except for Obamacare. I have no strong views on the issue of gay marriage, but it doesn't take a genius to see that the horse is way out of the barn insofar as the "sanctity of marriage" is concerned. I have attended two Southern Baptist churches where the married pastor became involved with a married member of the congregation - but, hey, these things happen, and at least the pastors were male and the congregants weren't. But I digress ...)

The Biblical teaching on women pastors seems pretty clear, but is many decades out of date with the trend of society. Women are not being put in leadership roles across the spectrum of government and private industry merely because the law requires it, but because they are capable leaders and bring a valuable perspective. If I were a Biblical hard-liner, I suppose I'd feel compelled to defend the Biblical teaching on women pastors, bit I feel certain that in 100 years (or some reasonable period of time) homosexuality will be just about as big a deal within the Christian community as divorce now is and 50% or more of Southern Baptist pastors will be women. This is the inevitable trend. Christians keep drawing lines in the sand and then eventually acquiescing as those lines are erased. Put a 16th Century Puritan in the middle of today's "strictest" evangelical community, and Ye Puritan would be completely aghast at the decadence.

I'd actually find it kind of appealing to live in a modern day Qumran, where a little group of believers fanatically tried to live by the strictest Biblical principles. I'd probably hate it after six weeks, but I'd be willing to give it a shot. This would be preferable to me to being part of a supposedly Christian community where we draw increasingly silly lines in the sand and then inevitably acquiesce as they are erased.

This is the most glaring example that occurs to me as a regular listener to American Family Radio, where divorce is pretty much condoned - it is most certainly not condemned - while gay marriage is The Single Biggest Threat to Civilization As We Known It, Except for Obamacare.
:lol

The Biblical teaching on women pastors seems pretty clear, but is many decades out of date with the trend of society. Women are not being put in leadership roles across the spectrum of government and private industry merely because the law requires it, but because they are capable leaders and bring a valuable perspective. If I were a Biblical hard-liner, I suppose I'd feel compelled to defend the Biblical teaching on women pastors, bit I feel certain that in 100 years (or some reasonable period of time) homosexuality will be just about as big a deal within the Christian community as divorce now is and 50% or more of Southern Baptist pastors will be women. This is the inevitable trend. Christians keep drawing lines in the sand and then eventually acquiescing as those lines are erased. Put a 16th Century Puritan in the middle of today's "strictest" evangelical community, and Ye Puritan would be completely aghast at the decadence.

I'd actually find it kind of appealing to live in a modern day Qumran, where a little group of believers fanatically tried to live by the strictest Biblical principles. I'd probably hate it after six weeks, but I'd be willing to give it a shot. This would be preferable to me to being part of a supposedly Christian community where we draw increasingly silly lines in the sand and then inevitably acquiesce as they are erased.
Just because it will be accepted doesn't make it now right.
How can man decide for God the order of headship in the church and home--God/Christ/man/woman--is no longer that? The answer, of course, is they can't. They can pretend they can, but they can't.

So let's not be deceived. Divorce has not now become acceptable simply because the church has decided it is. And neither will woman pastors suddenly be acceptable simply because the church has said so.

Last edited:
I have noticed that the biggest difficulty with this seems to be the fact that many, many Christians simply do not properly distinguish between what a woman can do and what she can't do in the church. Sadly, we let woman become pastors because we think that since they can prophesy, for example, that they can, therefore, be a pastor, as if there is no difference between the two. That kind of rationale can only thrive where the difference between the duties of a pastorate and other duties in the body are misunderstood.

Just because it will be accepted doesn't make it now right.
That is, of course, my point. Is the bigger problem "women pastors" or "Christians acquiescing in practices the Bible prohibits or condemns"? To be consistent, a Bible hard-liner (which I don't intend as a derogatory term) would have to be equally against divorce, women pastors and homosexuality. But this simply isn't the case. Divorce, which to me clearly poses the greater threat to marriage, the family and the structure of society, is widely "winked at" throughout the Christian community, even the evangelical segment, while homosexuality is an absolute obsession. I think one has to decide: Are you a Bible hard-liner or are you not? If you are, then get consistent in your positions because you're making yourself and Jesus look silly when you keep ranting and railing and then ultimately acquiescing.

That is, of course, my point. Is the bigger problem "women pastors" or "Christians acquiescing in practices the Bible prohibits or condemns"? To be consistent, a Bible hard-liner (which I don't intend as a derogatory term) would have to be equally against divorce, women pastors and homosexuality. But this simply isn't the case. Divorce, which to me clearly poses the greater threat to marriage, the family and the structure of society, is widely "winked at" throughout the Christian community, even the evangelical segment, while homosexuality is an absolute obsession. I think one has to decide: Are you a Bible hard-liner or are you not? If you are, then get consistent in your positions because you're making yourself and Jesus look silly when you keep ranting and railing and then ultimately acquiescing.
I couldn't agree more.

It's far worse that we aeque....acque....compromise on our once firmly held convictions.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back