Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The BEFORE and the AFTER of being born-again

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
What's first and second "called"? You mean scriptures I quoted?

Nope, I am still on what I said in the first place. Lets not leave there until we can agree or disagree. Rom 8:28-30... in 28 there is a called and in 30 there is a called .In 30 it is now the elect because in verse 28 the invitation was accepted By the one who chose to accept the "purpose" of God.

Why does this warning come after what I post? At 12:50 He took My Personal NAME and used it for derogatory purposes and Called me "German" . And I just stated facts in love and wish that He could see Grace. Is this A Christian site? or is it a Hidden Co-exist site? I will know for positive if this post is not deleted.

No other reason then I turned on my computer saw the newest posts and checked the thread..... noticed things were getting edgy. Had another post been there at the time my action would have been the same.

1.13: The line of authority at ChristianForums.net is Global Moderators, Super Moderators, Administrators, and Site Owner. Moderators deal with the day-to-day running of the forums, and any concerns about moderation should be directed to the staff member in charge of that particular forum, or the staff member who has taken action that you wish to contest. Moderators are not obligated to argue in defense of actions they take. Members are at liberty to clarify an action taken with the Moderator, but they are not to persist when they are not satisfied with the response received. If a member disagrees with a Moderator's first response, they are not to persist or take their dispute public. At that point, the appropriate step is to PM an Administrator. Administrators deal with the overall running of the site both on a technical side and also as a Staff Leadership role (as well as performing some moderation duties). Concerns on the site as a whole, technical issues or issues unsatisfactorily dealt with by moderators should be brought to the attention of the Administrators. Please note that an Administrator's word is final. Questions about finances should be directed to the Site Owner, but please note any other issues should be directed to Administrators, as the Site Owner does not engage with the running of the forums themselves.

A simple question. How does man improve on what God has done? Is it not then your works ,not his. He our Lord ,stated "IT is finished." What can a man add to what God has done? There is no progresive santifacation, only life given to his people who were dead and only then can we thank him and worship him for his wonderfull mercy and Grace and spirit and life forever. He already did it all for us. I thank my God we are not under the Law nor required to anything except believe on the Lord and Saviour and him cruciied.

- BEFORE --------------------- BORN AGAIN ------ AFTER
• man is NOT able to choose -- due to: ------- • man IS able to choose
- spiritual life (Note-1) ---- God’s gift of --- spiritual life (Note-4)
• God chose (elected) -------- grace-faith --- • man chooses to be fully
- whomever He wished --------- (Note 3)--------- sanctified (or not to be)
- (Note-2) ------------------------------------- (Note-5)

Overall, I think you did an excellent job summarizing the scripture teaching on salvation.

I'm not sure if I agree with #1. There is an inconsistency between #1 and #4. You wrote that a person can't choose spiritual life but he can choose to continue or discontinue spiritual life once saved. The verses used to support #1 show that unbelievers are unable to understand Christian teaching but none of them say a person is unable to choose to come to Christ. If you mean that no one can come to God on their own without God drawing him first then I agree with you. John 6:44 makes it clear that no one can come to Jesus unless God draws him. Once God draws someone and reveals himself, it is up to the person whether he wants to accept or reject God's grace. Once grace is received through faith, I definitely agree with you that a person must continue to cooperate with God's grace by remaining faithful to Jesus and his Word. Believers who turn away from God will not be saved. I agree that Jesus wouldn't have warned us if it was impossible to turn away. I don't think anyone should ignore anything Jesus taught.

I don't know what the word "believe" means but I would say that someone who doesn't believe what Jesus taught about salvation really doesn't believe in Jesus. Jesus said, "“If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. (Matt 16:24)" I think the reason 1John 2:4 says "The man who says, “I know him,†but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in him." is because anyone who really knows Jesus and what he taught knows that he must obey him and follow his teaching. Those who willfully disobey his teaching such as a thief who continues to steal after becoming a Christian shows that they really don't believe.

(Lordship salvation) “You will know them by their fruits†means one’s eternal status can be determined by his behavior.
A good tree [true believer] cannot produce bad fruit [wickedness] nor can a bad tree [unbeliever] produce good fruit [good works]. Every tree [professing Christian] that does not bear good fruit [good works] will be thrown into the fire [go to hell]. 21) “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven; but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven. Those who profess to be Christians but do not do the will of the Father producing good works will not enter the kingdom of heaven.

(Grace postion ME): This is about unbelieving false prophets who look, talk, and act like believers but aren’t.
You will know them by their fruits . . . these are unbelievers and their fruits are what they say, their false doctrines, not their outward appearance or behavior. A good tree [true prophet] cannot produce bad fruit [give false doctrine], nor can a bad tree [false prophet] produce good fruit [give true doctrine]. “Not
everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven [there are those who claim to believe in Christ but are lying] but he who does the will of My Father [the will of the Father is to believe in Christ, John 6:40] who is in heaven.

To follow the WILL of the Father one needs to BELIEVE it .

Matthew 7 is part of the Sermon on the Mount. Jesus talked about who God will accept into his kingdom (the humble, the merciful, the pure in heart, those who hunger for righteousness - Matt 5:1-12). He then talked about how the New Covenant Law surpassed the Old Covenant Law. For example, not only is adultery prohibited but lust which can lead to adultery is prohibited. Although the useless rules and rituals were abolished (they were necessary earlier but no longer needed) the moral aspect of the New Covenant Law has increased. Although believers are imputed with righteousness because of the righteousness of Christ, an intrinsic righteousness is required. Jesus said, "For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven. (Matt 5:20)" Jesus said, "“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven; but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven. (Matt 7:21-73)" near the end of his sermon after explaining the will of the Father in chapters 5-7. The will of God is more than just believing a few things about Jesus. It also includes loving God by striving to obey his commandments. Heaven certainly isn't earned because nothing we do could ever be enough to deserve it. Heaven is a gift that God gives in his grace to those who believe him and love him.

One problem with you interpretation of "A good tree [true prophet] cannot produce bad fruit [give false doctrine], nor can a bad tree [false prophet] produce good fruit [give true doctrine]" is that it merely states the obvious. A true prophet is someone who preaches the truth so a true prophet, by definition, can't produce false doctrine. The context shows Jesus is talking about action. I think his meaning is similar to Luke 6:45 where Jesus said, "The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For out of the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks.

The Lordship Salvation position is that salvation is by grace. The difference between it and "free grace" is that God gives his grace to those who believe him and follow his teaching instead of giving it to those who just believe. Obeying Jesus isn't earning salvation anymore than believing is earning it. Neither faith nor works are enough apart from the grace of God. Grace alone is what saves us. The question is whether God gives salvation in his grace to those who just believe or to those who believe and obey.

A simple question. How does man improve on what God has done? Is it not then your works ,not his. He our Lord ,stated "IT is finished." What can a man add to what God has done? There is no progresive santifacation, only life given to his people who were dead and only then can we thank him and worship him for his wonderfull mercy and Grace and spirit and life forever. He already did it all for us. I thank my God we are not under the Law nor required to anything except believe on the Lord and Saviour and him cruciied.

I don't think any of us can improve or add onto what God has done. Jesus' death on the cross was a perfect sacrifice sufficient to forgive the sins of the world. When Jesus said, "it is finished" what was he referring to? If he really meant that he already did everything for our salvation, then why do we need faith? Jesus did it all so we should be saved regardless of what we believe about it. If works is trying to improve what God has done then why wouldn't requiring faith be adding to what he has done? I think we both agree that something is required of us to benefit from Jesus' sacrifice. Otherwise, we would all be saved regardless of what we believe. The question is what does God require of us for our salvation? Just believing or believing and obeying? I think Jesus taught in the Sermon on the Mount that doing the will of God by following the examples he mentioned is required of us. God loves us so much that he sent his son to die for us. His death freed us from the curse of the Law and makes grace and salvation possible. I think if we put our faith in Jesus and follow his teaching we will be saved even though we don't deserve it.

I'm not sure if I agree with #1. There is an inconsistency between #1 and #4.
You wrote that a person can't choose spiritual life
but he can choose to continue or discontinue spiritual life once saved.
Sorry I didn't make it crystal clear that ...
In #4, the born-again believer IS ABLE TO CHOOSE correctly
because he/she has the Holy Spirit leading, guiding, teaching spiritual Truth!

He/she is now a completely new creation, never again to be spiritually blind and deaf.

However, he/she can CHOOSE to abandon the faith and walk away from it,
but will never forget what it's like to be set free from the previous ignorance.

He/she will always have the Holy Spirit "forever" (John 14:16),
but if in rebellion, etc. will be out of fellowship with the Triune Godhead,
and as a result, will be shut out of heaven.

An invitation
Someone might like to start a thread showing that ...
Eternal life is in the obedient fellowship with Father God and the Lord Jesus (John 17:3).
There are MANY supporting Scriptures.

Last edited by a moderator:

Note-1
Man is unnable to choose spiritual life because:
-- he is born with an inherited sin nature (which doesn’t help matters) … many verses
-- he is spiritually blind and deaf … Matthew 13:13-15, John 9:39, John 12:37-40
-- he is blinded by Satan … Acts 26:18, 2 Corinthians 4:3-4
-- he is controlled by Satan … John 12:31, 1 John 5:19, Acts 26:18, 2 Corinthians 10:4-5
-- he is deceived by Satan … Revelation 12:9, John 8:44, Ephesians 2:2, 2 Corinthians 11:14
-- he is a captive of Satan unto death … Hebrews 2:14-15, 1 John 3:8, Luke 4:18
-- he is spiritually dead in his trespasses and sins … Eph 2:1-5, Eph 4:18, Colossians 2:13
-- he sees the gospel as utter foolishness … 1 Corinthians 1:18
-- he cannot believe the truth of the gospel (it is veiled) … 2 Corinthians 4:3
-- Almighty God chooses whomever He pleases (man doesn’t get to choose) … Rom 9:9-24

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope, logic says that if they REJECT Jesus they no longer believe in Him and His salvation or eternal life through Him. So they won't even care.
Are you out of your mind? ... No, but you just have poor logic!

The topic was:
Those who walk away from Jesus and their salvation ...
will never forget what it's like to be set free from the previous ignorance.

Please, have mercy ... no more posts, okay?

Back