Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

[_ Old Earth _] The Bible Talks About the Expansion of the Universe

It is a consequence of BB cosmology, which you have recently expressed your familiarity and lack of problems with.
I stated that BB singularity (if it happened) does no harm to my theology but you have yet to demonstrate there was a singularity. As noted earlier, Hawking vacillates on that concept as do other scientists. Do you have evidence that these real scientists do not have? Can you demonstrate singularity via the scientific method?

Would you care to explain how God allegedly 'created' and what he 'created' from?
I wasn’t with God “in the beginning†– the details of His creative power remain outside of the discovery of current scientific methods—similar to your "energy potential" that has always existed "in one form or another". Are you still working on the science required to prove that notion? Your something (the Universe) that came from nothing remains illogical.

I think we can all see that you have a very idiosyncratic idea of what constitutes a counter argument.
The fact remains - those who can only present unicorns and teapots as a defense against God (that be you) are self-relegated to the ‘hack’ category.

You seem to have a problem with the idea of a singularity, despite stating that you have no problems with BB cosmology. Can you tell us what your understanding of a singularity
The only ‘problem’ remains the ‘proof’ that it ever happened. Where does that leave you?
The Big Bang singularity is a point of zero volume, but very high mass, which makes the density infinite. This singularity contained all of the matter and energy in the Universe. The initial moment of the cyclopean explosion very well remains a mystery — however, astronomers and physicists believe that after the tiniest fraction of a second, the strong nuclear force and the electromagnetic force separated, which probably caused the Universe to begin inflating. ( PhysLink.com)

And again, in terms of BB cosmology, there was no 'before'.
Judeo-Christian cosmology presents the truth that the Creator-God has always existed. I agree with Hawking---
“science could predict that the universe must have had a beginning, but that it could not predict how the universe should begin: for that one would have to appeal to God.â€​
Where does that leave you? Can you appeal to your imaginary friend - the pink unicorn? ;)

Making an appeal to one imaginary supernatural deity is, in and of itself, no more meaningful than appealing to another.
You have come full circle or you are simply going in circles. You are back to your appeal to pink unicorns and those who can only present unicorns as a defense against God are self-relegated to the ‘hack’ category.

Your dammed lake appears to have crashed and burned. Poor analogy at best. Does your energy potential have anything to do with power crystals?
Why is it a poor analogy?
Why indeed? It is self-explanatory. Your “dammed lake†didn’t float – did it? Do you have anything better or more damming?

Or, alternatively, perhaps you would prefer to get on with supporting the substance of your assertion that is relevant to this thread, i.e. that the phrase 'stretched out' as used in the Bible corresponds directly with the currently held theory that our part of the Universe/Multiverse expanded and is countinuing to expand from a singularity?
Again you have not proven the “Multiverse†expanded from a singularity – have you? And the consensus on this thread thus far is the fact that the Bible conveys the concept of a universe that had a beginning and 'in the beginning' God "stretched out the heavens" to contain all which He created? You have presented nothing to defeat that revealed truth. Report back when you can.

I stated that BB singularity (if it happened) does no harm to my theology but you have yet to demonstrate there was a singularity.
If, rather than snipping sentences arbitrarily out of context, you actually responded relevantly to the comment I was making, do you not think that the discussion would progress more positively? As the sentence you have snipped and ignored in the relevant paragraph indicates -Perhaps you would care to explain how you imagine there was a 'before' when there is no means of locating reference points for the coordinate system we call time? - I was endeavouring to get to grips with your apparent inability to understand that talking about time before the singularity is meaningless.

A singularity is a possible consequence of BB cosmology, but I am more than ready to acknowledge that future understanding may change our knowledge of the conditions that led to the beginnings of our part of the Universe/Multiverse. If a singularity is not a possible consequence of *this cosmology, perhaps you would care to explain why it isn't and what is, given that you have invoked BB cosmology and the Bible as being in agreement with each other?
As noted earlier, Hawking vacillates on that concept as do other scientists. Do you have evidence that these real scientists do not have? Can you demonstrate singularity via the scientific method?
I have the inferences drawn from Einsteinian physics and the evidence that supports those inferences. Currently*the general consensus amongst cosmologists is that our part of the Universe/Multiverse probably began with a singularity. At present, however, we cannot be certain that a singularity is the only possible origin of our part of the Universe/Multiverse, but the theory is at least supported by the available evidence, which seems to be more than you can say for your origins' hypothesis.
I wasn’t with God “in the beginning†– the details of His creative power remain outside of the discovery of current scientific methods...
So that leaves you free to make up whatever you like?
...similar to your "energy potential" that has always existed "in one form or another".
Please remember that 'always' is in this instance simply a shorthand way of describing a state in which the time coordinate is meaningless.
Are you still working on the science required to prove that notion?
It is an hypothesis based on the implications of BB cosmology; it may not be correct, but as you have done nothing to address it in any meaningful way I see no need to justify it as an hypothesis any further than this.
Your something (the Universe) that came from nothing remains illogical.
And your continual misrepresentation of what I am hypothesising is what, exactly? And when it comes to illogicality, supposing that an invisible, intangible mind, evidence for whose existence is at best vague and impossible to pin down, created something out of nothing seems to place you in the position of critiquing a position that, in the terms you use, is exactly the same as your own.
The fact remains - those who can only present unicorns and teapots as a defense against God (that be you) are self-relegated to the ‘hack’ category.
And presenting your unsupported assertion that your opinion amounts to fact relegates you to what category? May I point out again that, whatever the limitations of the points I have made that you refer to, they seem to remain beyond your abilities to address with reasoned counter argument.
The only ‘problem’ remains the ‘proof’ that it ever happened. Where does that leave you?
The Big Bang singularity is a point of zero volume, but very high mass, which makes the density infinite. This singularity contained all of the matter and energy in the Universe. The initial moment of the cyclopean explosion very well remains a mystery — however, astronomers and physicists believe that after the tiniest fraction of a second, the strong nuclear force and the electromagnetic force separated, which probably caused the Universe to begin inflating. ( PhysLink.com)
It appears to leave me in the position of the comment you have referenced, i.e. that the BB singularity is an hypothesised consequence of Einsteinian physics and BB cosmology, but we are as yet unable to describe the physics inherent in it. May I return to the remainder of the paragraph you are responding to that you have chosen to snip and ignore and ask again that, granting*your assumption for the sake of argument that before the BB there was God who created the Universe, is it within the bounds of possibility, in your opinion, that God 'used' a singularity to create our part of the Universe/Multiverse and thereafter allowed creation to proceed naturalistically and, if not, why not?

Judeo-Christian cosmology presents the truth that the Creator-God has always existed. *I agree with Hawking---
“science could predict that the universe must have had a beginning, but that it could not predict how the universe should begin: for that one would have to appeal to God.â€​
Where does that leave you?
It leaves me pointing out that your assertion as to what constitutes 'the truth' is unsupported and that Hawking has changed his mind, as I showed you.
Can you appeal to your imaginary friend - the pink unicorn? ;)
I do not suggest that pink unicorns either exist or, if they do, that they have created anything.
You have come full circle or you are simply going in circles. You are back to your appeal to pink unicorns and those who can only present unicorns as a defense against God are self-relegated to the ‘hack’ category.
Perhaps you can tell us again why your appeal to one imaginary supernatural deity is, in and of itself, any more meaningful than appealing to another? What makes your version of God preferable to Odin, Zeus, Amun or any other imaginary deity? What makes any version of a supernatural deity a more valid hypothesis than appealing to, say, an alien technology from a highly advanced and distant future?
Why indeed? It is self-explanatory. Your “dammed lake†didn’t float – did it? Do you have anything better or more damming?
'Self-explanatory' seems to be a phrase you use whenever you wish to dismiss any argument or point you are unable to address with reasoned argument. If you fail to understand the analogy offered to you to illustrate the idea of an energy potential, perhaps you would like to explain the difficulties you are having with it and I will do my best to provide one more suited to your needs.
Again you have not proven the “Multiverse†expanded from a singularity – have you?
It's an hypothesis that may or may not be shown to have substance to it. May I also point out that you have failed to prove your own origins' hypothesis as well, so where does that leave you? At least the BB singularity is supported by some evidence that we can point to - the CMBR, *fluctuations in the CMBR, large-scale homogeneity of the Universe, large-scale structure of the Universe, *abundance of light elements, expansion of the Universe, evolution of galaxies, age of stars, etc. I would be pleased to read your account for these phenomena that better explains the consequences of what we observe.
And the consensus on this thread thus far is the fact that the Bible conveys the concept of a universe that had a beginning and 'in the beginning' God "stretched out the heavens" to contain all which He created? You have presented nothing to defeat that revealed truth. Report back when you can.
It is not my requirement to do anything more than point out that claims to 'revealed truth' remain unconvincing if simply asserted to be such. The Sacred Vedas offer the 'revealed truth' that Lord Brahma recreates the Universe in its entirety every four or so billion years. Why should I prefer your version of 'revealed truth' to this one?
And may I suggest once again that you*make some progress with supporting the substance of your assertion that is relevant to this thread, i.e. that the phrase 'stretched out' as used in the Bible corresponds directly with the currently held theory that our part of the Universe/Multiverse expanded and is countinuing to expand from a singularity?

When God speaks about how He stretched out the heavens it sounds to me more like what an artist would say. The term lacks the precision an engineer would use when giving a precise definition about how the the heavens were created. There was more to it than stretching.

I do not suggest that pink unicorns either exist or, if they do, that they have created anything.
If you want to have a discussion regarding the many evidences for the existence of God you need to follow the moderator’s advise and start a thread in the appropriate forum – God’s existence is a taboo subject on this forum and we don’t want to get our knuckles rapped again.

As noted earlier, Hawking vacillates on that concept of BB singularity as do other scientists. If you have evidence via the scientific method that these real scientists do not have that proves a singularity then please present it for review. Likewise, if you have a little science to support your "energy potential" that has always existed "in one form or another" (whatever that means) then please present it. Your something that came from nothing remains illogical.

The consensus on this thread is the fact that the Bible conveys the concept of a universe that had a beginning and 'in the beginning' God "stretched out the heavens" to contain all which He created? You have presented nothing to defeat that revealed truth, which strongly suggests you have nothing to offer. Report back when you can.

Last edited by a moderator:
When God speaks about how He stretched out the heavens it sounds to me more like what an artist would say. The term lacks the precision an engineer would use when giving a precise definition about how the the heavens were created. There was more to it than stretching.

Do you agree that the Bible conveys the concept of a universe that had a beginning and 'in the beginning' God "stretched out the heavens" to contain all which He created? Does that truth conflict with your theology?

If you want to have a discussion regarding the many evidences for the existence of God you need to follow the moderator’s advise and start a thread in the appropriate forum – God’s existence is a taboo subject on this forum and we don’t want to get our knuckles rapped again.
I thought you were talking about pink unicorns.
As noted earlier, Hawking vacillates on that concept of BB singularity as do other scientists. If you have evidence via the scientific method that these real scientists do not have that proves a singularity then please present it for review. Likewise, if you have a little science to support your "energy potential" that has always existed "in one form or another" (whatever that means) then please present it. Your something that came from nothing remains illogical.
Perhaps you would be better employed addressing the points raised in my post rather than simply repeating yourself.
The consensus on this thread is the fact that the Bible conveys the concept of a universe that had a beginning and 'in the beginning' God "stretched out the heavens" to contain all which He created? You have presented nothing to defeat that revealed truth, which strongly suggests you have nothing to offer. Report back when you can.
And the 'consensus' amongst UFO abductees is that they have been probed in various ways by extraterrestrials. Again, I do not need to 'defeat' anything that you argue for simply by assertion; you are the one who has to substantiate your claims to 'revealed truth' and explain why your 'revealed truth' has greater merit than any other, such as that found in the Sacred Vedas.

Perhaps you would be better employed addressing the points raised in my post rather than simply repeating yourself.
I have addressed the ones that are allowed on this forum. Have you found your missing in action evidence yet or still searching? I would really like to see a little science to support your "energy potential" that has always existed "in one form or another" (whatever that means) - remember, your something that came from nothing remains illogical.

I have addressed the ones that are allowed on this forum. Have you found your missing in action evidence yet or still searching? I would really like to see a little science to support your "energy potential" that has always existed "in one form or another" (whatever that means) - remember, your something that came from nothing remains illogical.
If you don't get it yet, then clearly it is beyond my abilities to help you any further. I would really like to see you respond in some meaningful way with reasoned arguments to points raised and with answers to questions asked, but it rather looks as if we are both going to be disappointed.

If you don't get it yet, then clearly it is beyond my abilities to help you any further. I would really like to see you respond in some meaningful way with reasoned arguments to points raised and with answers to questions asked, but it rather looks as if we are both going to be disappointed.
I am not convinced you get it. Where is your missing science - can't locate it once again? If you can support your notion present it - if you can't just say you can't. Easy concept.

Do you agree that the Bible conveys the concept of a universe that had a beginning and 'in the beginning' God "stretched out the heavens" to contain all which He created? Does that truth conflict with your theology?
Zeke, in context of this thread and with reference to your previous posts, I take note that your question here takes a watered down form of what appears to be your position. When you ask, "Do you agree that the Bible conveys the concept of a universe..." I have to stop and wonder, what does Zeke mean, exactly? Does the bible actually speak in terms of a "universe" and if so, what does the Bible mean by that term? What does Zeke mean? Are these two meanings in agreement or can we see distinctions and difference between the modern and ancient terms?

Further, when you continue and ask if the universe had a beginning --AND-- 'in the beginning' God "stretched out the heavens" to contain all which He created? I take notice that this summary question does not properly summarize the position that you've taken thus far. In post #49, for instance, you equate the term "stretched out" with the "expansion" [of the universe] as if the two terms are synonymous. You've yet to even attempt to show this or demonstrate the truth of your assumption it in any practical manner.

I am not dodging anything - I stated from the start that the Bible presents God who “stretched out” (expanded) the universe? I do not find that a 'stretch' at all. The passage speaks for itself. What do you think “stretched out the heavens” in the passage means? The OP stated...
Thus the concept, though not the theory, has been sitting in the Biblical texts waiting for twentieth century people to apply them to science.
Does the Bible (in your mind) present the concept that the universe had a beginning, the beginning of the universe was caused by God and He "stretched out the heavens" to contain all which He created - stars, galaxies, etc?

Others have come (Free, for instance) and have shown that the two terms are not necessarily equal. He has stated that God may have used the term "stretched out" to mean that He created the heavens, nothing more.

So then, my questions arise:
  1. What do you mean by the term "the universe" -- do you refer to all creation? Specifically, is your term "the universe" synonymous to what is spoken of in Genesis chapters 1 and 2?
  2. Secondly, what do you mean by the term "Expansion of the Universe"? Do you use this term synonymously with the biblical term "stretched out the heavens"?
There are 4 times that I have found where the bible uses the term "stretched out the heavens":
"Thus saith God the LORD, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein:" - (Isa 42:5 KJV)

"I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, [even] my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded." - (Isa 45:12 KJV)

"And forgettest the LORD thy maker, that hath stretched forth the heavens, and laid the foundations of the earth; and hast feared continually every day because of the fury of the oppressor, as if he were ready to destroy? and where [is] the fury of the oppressor?" - (Isa 51:13 KJV)

"He hath made the earth by his power, he hath established the world by his wisdom, and hath stretched out the heavens by his discretion." - (Jer 10:12 KJV)
Do you have references other than these that you would like to use to attempt to reconcile the modern scientific notion of an expanding universe with the ancient declarations of the Prophets Isaiah and Jeremiah?

I maintain my position: that when Isaiah and Jeremiah spoke by prophetic utterance and used the term "stretched out the heavens", it sounds more like an expression that would be used by an artist than one used by an engineer who is involved in trying to convey technical meaning or description. If you are able to argue with my point here, feel free to make your case.

I am not convinced you get it. Where is your missing science - can't locate it once again? If you can support your notion present it - if you can't just say you can't. Easy concept.
Whatever. When you answer questions, respond to arguments with reasoned replies and provide some of your own missing evidence you would elicit a more accommodating answer. Nevertheless, I will accede to your wishes: I listed some of the research evidence that leads us to infer that the BB began with a singularity so if you would like to pick one of those lines of research I will be happy to discuss it further with you.

In return, it seems only reasonable to ask that you support your repeated claims concerning the correspondence between the Bible and BB cosmology with some evidenced argument of your own. Would you like to go first?

Whatever. When you answer questions, respond to arguments with reasoned replies and provide some of your own missing evidence you would elicit a more accommodating answer. Nevertheless, I will accede to your wishes: I listed some of the research evidence that leads us to infer that the BB began with a singularity so if you would like to pick one of those lines of research I will be happy to discuss it further with you.
As noted - BB singularity - whether it happened or not - does no damage to my understanding of science or my theology. If you can present 'proof' that it is a reality then do so. You may also want to present at least some evidence to support your "energy potential" that has always existed "in one form or another".

In return, it seems only reasonable to ask that you support your repeated claims concerning the correspondence between the Bible and BB cosmology with some evidenced argument of your own. Would you like to go first?
I will again state that if we are to go back before BB singularity we will need to go to God's word which you reject out of hand. I think Hawking was on the mark...
...science could predict that the universe must have had a beginning, but that it could not predict how the universe should begin: for that one would have to appeal to God.​

I maintain my position: that when Isaiah and Jeremiah spoke by prophetic utterance and used the term "stretched out the heavens", it sounds more like an expression that would be used by an artist than one used by an engineer who is involved in trying to convey technical meaning or description. If you are able to argue with my point here, feel free to make your case.

I can answer your questions but you need to first answer mine - do you agree that the Bible conveys the concept of a universe that had a beginning and 'in the beginning' God "stretched out the heavens" to contain all which He created? Does that truth conflict with your theology?

Are you claiming the Bible does not present the concept of a "universe" created by God?

As noted - BB singularity - whether it happened or not - does no damage to my understanding of science or my theology.
So, in your opinion, could God have created the Universe from a singularity via the BB and allowed its development to proceed entirely naturalistically thereafter and, if not, why not?
If you can present 'proof' that it is a reality then do so.
I have offered to discuss any of the lines of research evidence that you wish to. None of these will constitute proof in the sense that you appear to wish to use the word, but they will help us in a discussion about whether or not a singularity might have been the origin of the BB.
You may also want to present at least some evidence to support your "energy potential" that has always existed "in one form or another".
I am offering to discuss evidence for a singularity as the beginning of the BB; this singularity constitutes the energy potential I have referred to. If you are serious about this, here is your opportunity to engage in a discussion centring on one of the lines of research evidence I listed for you when you were complaining about the absence of evidence for the BB singularity. So are you serious or not?
I will again state that if we are to go back before BB singularity we will need to go to God's word which you reject out of hand. I think Hawking was on the mark...
...science could predict that the universe must have had a beginning, but that it could not predict how the universe should begin: for that one would have to appeal to God.​
So what you are saying in effect is that you have no evidence that you can present to support your argument that when the Bible talks about the stars being 'stretched out' this corresponds directly to the expansion of the Universe as proposed by BB cosmology? Your answer appears to be somewhat evasive as the question of whether or not you can support your assertion about the meaning of 'stretched out' has little or nothing to do with God's alleged word per se, nor with the meaningless 'before' that 'preceded' the BB, but rather with you presenting some sort of reasoned argument to support your assertion; neither does it necessarily have to do with the Universe's origins, but rather with its expansion since it began and how this corresponds to the 'stretched out' phrase that you have offered as corresponding with this observed expansion.

May I also point out again that Hawking appears to have changed his mind from the rather dated quotation you offered, as I showed you; do you still think he is 'on the mark' and, if not, why not?

I can answer your questions but you need to first answer mine - do you agree that the Bible conveys the concept of a universe that had a beginning and 'in the beginning' God "stretched out the heavens" to contain all which He created? Does that truth conflict with your theology?

Are you claiming the Bible does not present the concept of a "universe" created by God?
You've tried to reconcile modern science and Scripture by stating or implying that Scriptural terms such as "stretching out" means the same thing that modern science means by the term "expansion of the universe". I see no evidence of this.

And no, there is no rule in place that dictates that I must answer every question that enters your imagination before you respond. In point of fact, the questions you ask about my theology go beyond the scope of the OP and thread. (I believe every word that proceeds from the mouth of God is true, including the books of Genesis, Isaiah and Jeremiah)

Your failure to respond to reasonable questions about your position speaks for itself.

Your failure to respond to reasonable questions about your position speaks for itself.

It's a simple questions - give it a shot---does the Bible convey the concept of a universe that had a beginning and 'in the beginning' God "stretched out the heavens" to contain all which He created? Does that truth conflict with your theology? In your mind - is it impossible for the "stretching out the heavens" to mean the same thing as "expansion of the universe" or is that too much of a *stretch* for your theology?

You do agree that the Bible teaches the scientific truth that the universe had a beginning - right? Science didn't catch up with the Bible on that one until mid-20th century. Wouldn't you agree?

It's a simple questions - give it a shot---does the Bible convey the concept of a universe that had a beginning and 'in the beginning' God "stretched out the heavens" to contain all which He created? Does that truth conflict with your theology? In your mind - is it impossible for the "stretching out the heavens" to mean the same thing as "expansion of the universe" or is that too much of a *stretch* for your theology?

You do agree that the Bible teaches the scientific truth that the universe had a beginning - right? Science didn't catch up with the Bible on that one until mid-20th century. Wouldn't you agree?
I don't agree with your opinion that the bible can be used as a science book. This is not to say that I believe there are errors in the bible, but clearly the Lord has not embraced your notion that the bible attempts to validate or repudiate modern scientific theory. Do you know any scientists who use the bible as a proof source for their various hypotheses? Have you heard about the decision of the US Supreme Court on the matter? Do you disagree with their assessment that requiring schools to teach 'creation science' violates the establishment clause of the Constitution of the United States? See: Edwards v. Aquillard, 107 S. Ct. 2573 (1987)

You've asked about my opinion but you refuse to accept my answer. Why ask if you will not hear? I don't think that the words "stretched out" refer to the modern notion of an expanding universe. I find no evidence to support the assertion beyond what I'd call superficial. Are you certain this is what Isaiah and Jeremiah, or God (for that matter) specifically had in mind when the words "stretched out the heavens" were used? Really sure? I'm not and have not heard a single word from you that suggests otherwise. Even an attempt at an answer would be better than your refusal to respond to reasonable questions.

You seem to support the allegation that the Bible teaches science, and specifically teaches Hubble's Law and supports his conclusions about an expanding universe. Does the bible say anything about Red-Shifted light? Does it say anything about the universe continuing to expand? Seems to me that I've read about the sky (stars) being likened to a scroll.

"And all the host of heaven shall be dissolved, and the heavens shall be rolled together as a scroll: and all their host shall fall down, as the leaf falleth off from the vine, and as a falling [fig] from the fig tree." - (Isa 34:4 KJV)

"And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places." - (Rev 6:14 KJV)

How do you work these Scriptures into your modern concept of science?

I don't agree with your opinion that the bible can be used as a science book.
You misrepresent me my friend? I have said from the start that the Bible is not a science textbook.

This is not to say that I believe there are errors in the bible, but clearly the Lord has not embraced your notion that the bible attempts to theory.
Well which is it - does the Bible agree or disagree with science? Was God there "in the beginning"?

Do you know any scientists who use the bible as a proof source for their various hypotheses?
Faulty logic - the Bible is not a science textbook. Are there scientists who believe the Bible does not contradict science?

Have you heard about the decision of the US Supreme Court on the matter? Do you disagree with their assessment that requiring schools to teach 'creation science' violates the establishment clause of the Constitution of the United States?
What does that have to do with the truth taught in the Bible? Is God bound by the US Supreme Court?

I don't think that the words "stretched out" refer to the modern notion of an expanding universe.
Are you saying that in your mind it is impossible for the "stretching out the heavens" to mean the expanding universe - does that idea really run counter to your theology? Was God there in the beginning when the universe expanded? Did God stretch out the heavens? Use your noodle.

You seem to support the allegation that the Bible teaches science, and specifically teaches Hubble's Law and supports his conclusions about an expanding universe.
Lol - where did I say the Bible teaches "Hubble's Law"? Do you simply make this up as you go? Has the Bible taught for over 3000 years that the universe had a beginning when God stretched out the heavens? Science didn't reach the conclusion of a universe with a beginning until the mid-20th Century. Do you think God knows about science?

Your answer appears to be somewhat evasive as the question of whether or not you can support your assertion about the meaning of 'stretched out' has little or nothing to do with God's alleged word per se, nor with the meaningless 'before' that 'preceded' the BB, but rather with you presenting some sort of reasoned argument to support your assertion; neither does it necessarily have to do with the Universe's origins, but rather with its expansion since it began and how this corresponds to the 'stretched out' phrase that you have offered as corresponding with this observed expansion.
Lol - that's the longest single sentence in this board's history. What do you think you were trying to say? My statement was not evasive at all - it means exactly what was stated---the Bible conveys the concept of a universe that had a beginning and 'in the beginning' God "stretched out the heavens" to contain all which He created? Can you prove it wrong? I think not.

Let us know when you think you have found your missing proof for BB singularity. It would also be helpful if you can throw in a little science to support your "energy potential" that has always existed "in one form or another". Are you capable of doing that? Are you going to start a thread on your pink unicorns for discussion or are you dropping that notion?

Lol - that's the longest single sentence in this board's history. What do you think you were trying to say? My statement was not evasive at all - it means exactly what was stated---the Bible conveys the concept of a universe that had a beginning and 'in the beginning' God "stretched out the heavens" to contain all which He created? Can you prove it wrong? I think not.

Let us know when you think you have found your missing proof for BB singularity. It would also be helpful if you can throw in a little science to support your "energy potential" that has always existed "in one form or another". Are you capable of doing that? Are you going to start a thread on your pink unicorns for discussion or are you dropping that notion?
I'm sorry you have such difficulty understanding straightforward English. I am also sorry that you clearly have no interest in a serious discussion along the lines I proposed and simply wish to continue your tactics of evasion, avoiding answering questions, ignoring arguments, selectively mining others' posts to cherry pick bits you can scoff at and limiting your responses to the level of schoolyard taunting. It really seems pointless trying to engage with you at all.

Back