Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

The burden of proof

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
A place before time is not just a biblical concept, I believe the aboriginals have a place before time called "dream time" as for pleiades and orion and it's biblical connection, I concede I know nothing about it and will first have to study what your claiming carefully before I accept a connection.

Before you accept a connection? :hysterical

You ask what the bible says about it, the brother gives it to you...but you wont accept it yet. It says it in black and white, names of constellations and everything. I'm not sure what your looking for here then. It sounds like you don't even want that info, but just came to denounce the Bible. Sorry man, but that's the impression that you're giving out.

How much do you actually read the Bible? If you're really interested in this, I would think that you would have this info already, having studied it and searched for it. You don't seem to have this info, and don't seem to want to accept it if someone quotes it.

I betcha get mad and wont be here long. We have some very well read people here who have this info and study a lot.
It's still a book brother, and it will still come down to faith in the end. That's how God rolls. So if you're not willing to read the bible and to have any faith whatsoever...then I'd suggest that you're wasting your time here.

What did you do, read a how to win debates with creationists book and come post questions which lead into your scripted responses? :lol Sorry if this seems a little terse but hey, we're adults, and seriously, you're emitting strange vibes about this.

Before you accept a connection? :hysterical

You ask what the bible says about it, the brother gives it to you...but you wont accept it yet. It says it in black and white, names of constellations and everything. I'm not sure what your looking for here then. It sounds like you don't even want that info, but just came to denounce the Bible. Sorry man, but that's the impression that you're giving out.

How much do you actually read the Bible? If you're really interested in this, I would think that you would have this info already, having studied it and searched for it. You don't seem to have this info, and don't seem to want to accept it if someone quotes it.

I betcha get mad and wont be here long. We have some very well read people here who have this info and study a lot.
It's still a book brother, and it will still come down to faith in the end. That's how God rolls. So if you're not willing to read the bible and to have any faith whatsoever...then I'd suggest that you're wasting your time here.

What did you do, read a how to win debates with creationists book and come post questions which lead into your scripted responses? :lol Sorry if this seems a little terse but hey, we're adults, and seriously, you're emitting strange vibes about this.

You forgot to mention the Lord isn't referred to as "bible god". Other than that, good post. :thumbsup

It's still a book brother, and it will still come down to faith in the end.

But, it is the only book that reads you too.

Matthew 13:13-15 This is why I speak to them in parables: "Though seeing, they do not see; though hearing, they do not hear or understand. In them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah: "You will be ever hearing but never understanding; you will be ever seeing but never perceiving. For this people's heart has become calloused; they hardly hear with their ears, and they have closed their eyes. Otherwise they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears, and understand with their hearts and turn, and I would heal them.'

I will repeat part of what I said in post #60: "Terms of Service section 2.1 which states in part: “This is a Christian site, therefore, any attempt to put down Christianity (or declare that it is false) and the basic tenets of our Faith will be considered a hostile act." There is a saying "A word to the wise is sufficient." The opposite is also true and a word to the unwise if rarely sufficient. I'm sure from here on out we will have an edifying conversation with no more issues of disrespecting God, the Bible, or of putting down Christianity in general. My thanks to all who have shown the fruits of the spirit.

By the way, I'm sure it doesn't need to be said in this case, but this is not necessarily directed at the above post!

Obadiah.

Thanks brother. I was hoping that I didn't come off too directly and stir up strife, but this is a fairly serious subject, and we are all adults so a little bit of directness should be able to be taken well in discussion so I wrote it.

You know you have this spirit heart because things that are wrong trouble your spirit even if it is logical that these things should not effect you at all.

Bingo. This goes to the crux of it in any of these type discussions. Believer, non-believer, whomever...it's pretty obvious that something is going on here that is more than meets the eye on planet earth. Everybody has a different name for it and some will ignore it, but it's there. Things that make you go huh? To sit up and think about it. When our spirit gets troubled, God is usually trying to speak to us at that time...but the thing is...we have to be willing to accept a connection.

It wont be what the world says, they lie about everything. It wont be what we think it is, for we are merely feeble minded fleshy creatures who are slow to learn and fast on denial. (Praise the Lord for His longsuffering and patience with us!)

The truth is twilight zone, and Gods ways and thoughts are so far above ours that we couldn't begin to grasp it. He will let us, but not for free. He wants to see humility in us, a willingness to set aside the old man and everything he knows, and to step forth in faith, like a little child holding daddy's hand at the carnival so he don't get lost. A willingness to accept these truths and realities without hardness of heart. Then it will flow.

That's interesting what was said about the heart. I think that's on the right track. We "think" with our mind. But before men fell...how did he, as a spiritual being "think"? Not with the flesh mind, I'll tell ya that right now. So "thinking" was centered somewhere else. Perhaps in this "heart" that he spoke of. We are unable to think like this anymore and is likely the source of our confusion.

After eating the fruit, the first thing that Adam & Eve did, was to make aprons for themselves. They became self conscious! If they lost the ability to think spiritually at that time, then they lost this spiritual connection with God. The Lord wants us back in that same relationship and spiritual state that we were in before the fall. It is available to us even today. But we have to be ready, willing, and able to accept it. If we can't (or wont) set aside our preconceived notions about intelligence and spirituality, we will never receive it. We must accept it. Then it goes whoosh, down into our heart and affects us, our spirit, and we grow. We are told countless times in the Bible, to, live for the spirit, be led of the spirit...what's that mean to you?

We have to learn about these things. They're salvific. To pursue these truths and seek God is our only reasonable response to questions of this nature. To pursue the winning of debates is hard hearted and will never lead to the truth about anything. It's a distraction which plays on peoples pride to win, is worldly, and leads to death and destruction ultimately.

Be humble brothers and sisters and admit to yourself that you are a mere man and do not know these things. There is your starting point. Not, well you Christians think, yada yada yada. You're clearly not searching for the truth, but for something else. Sorry to hear that.

I will just have to disagree with you.
uhm so when we copy and paste it online it feels it?

gary isn't denying the fact that when we read the bible its speaks to us, but what is speaking isn't the bible but the HOLY SPIRIT using the bible to correct us or convict us or edify.

The bible is an inanimate object. It is incapable of doing anything.

I don't know about that brother, I think I have to disagree with you here. It does sort of read you too. God wrote that bible very carefully, so that it would provide to us direction and guidance. In these words are life and it is very powerful. True enough, it is merely a book and an inanimate object, but it's the words therein that contain the power of the Lord.

There's something in there for any situation that may arise in your life, and God knew that we would need this. It is not magic nor does it contain any power in and of itself, but it does point directly to where we should be looking. It opens doors brother. It is above any other book on the planet.

gary isn't denying the fact that when we read the bible its speaks to us, but what is speaking isn't the bible but the HOLY SPIRIT using the bible to correct us or convict us or edify.

Yes and no other book does that.

How dangerous we become when we don't understand this truth.

You've turned that book into an idol. In and of itself, the bible is incapable of doing anything.

No. I just know that the word is living. God would not let me read the bible until my heart was truly wanting him. I tried a number of times to read it before and I would zone out and not understand.

I don't know about that brother, I think I have to disagree with you here. It does sort of read you too. God wrote that bible very carefully, so that it would provide to us direction and guidance. In these words are life and it is very powerful. True enough, it is merely a book and an inanimate object, but it's the words therein that contain the power of the Lord.

There's something in there for any situation that may arise in your life, and God knew that we would need this. It is not magic nor does it contain any power in and of itself, but it does point directly to where we should be looking. It opens doors brother. It is above any other book on the planet.

Please explain how the bible "reads" people.

You've turned that book into an idol. In and of itself, the bible is incapable of doing anything.

I agree with this as written. But when we interact with the bible (read it), the Holy Spirit goes to work on your heart and spirit...and spiritual realities surface, truths. We're not to idolize the book, but, it is the very thoughts of God, and the "key" that we need to seek and find God. It is a very important book and is essential in our growth and walk.

It is in this way, that the book is above all others.

so if the Bible is God then why is it refered to as an it instead of HIM or a He or by Name?

gary, or any of you aren't it but people. yet we said it reads you.

No. I just know that the word is living. God would not let me read the bible until my heart was truly wanting him. I tried a number of times to read it before and I would zone out and not understand.

You're confusing the bible with God. You're making the bible something it was never meant to be. An idol. You might want to get a handle on that.

The bible is an inanimate object. It is incapable of doing anything.
Gary,
The Bible is noted by the Christians on the Church rolls that know, as the Living Word of God. The Bible, after complete surrender, is an interactive book. To the man that is not completely surrendered it is seen to be an inanimate object only but there is that, unseen, spiritual element that gives it a life that must be searched for and prayed for.

When the ink goes on the paper, it is inanimate. When it is bound and sold in the store it is inanimate but when a Believer opens the Bible the words leap off the pages and affect our lives and that is the Holy Spirit working in us to see the life the Word contains.

Thanks brother. I was hoping that I didn't come off too directly and stir up strife, but this is a fairly serious subject, and we are all adults so a little bit of directness should be able to be taken well in discussion so I wrote it.
Don't worry, my comments in post #85 were NOT directed at your post.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back