Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

THE COLORS OF CFNET

Which Option Would You Choose for the Site??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Mike

CFnet migrated over to vBulletin about 20 months ago. Since that time, we've had the same look and feel to the site. For those of us that have been here since that time, it might have a familiar welcome, but my opinion is that it's a bit BORRRRING!! :)

We might need a CFnet extreme home makeover! Well, maybe not "extreme" but something new, something fresh, something different. Here's where we can collectively decide the new look for our cyber-home. This poll will stay open for 1 week, and your votes will decide our new look. You only have 1 vote and 1 week, so don't miss this opportunity for your voice to be heard!

Will we go red, go green, go maroon?? Will we stay the same?? Your votes will decide.

If We will go with a similar coordinated theme to our current one with a sharp look using one of the listed colors. Have at it! Make your choice!!
:thumbsup

Last edited by a moderator:
Ummmm...I believe in giving people more work, :) so, I'm going to suggest two or three, maybe even four themes to choose from. Then an individual can pick the one they like from the ones which will be available to choose from. :yes

Is there a place we can go look at the different colors available so we know how it will look? It's hard for me to see dark colors. *Thirstyone squints at the screen, takes her glasses off, and cleans them."

I choose purple. I was thinking of true Christians who are heirs to God's inheritance. I would like to think of myself and I hope many others on this board as royalty.

Dee

Ummmm...I believe in giving people more work, :) so, I'm going to suggest two or three, maybe even four themes to choose from. Then an individual can pick the one they like from the ones which will be available to choose from. :yes

Is there a place we can go look at the different colors available so we know how it will look? It's hard for me to see dark colors. *Thirstyone squints at the screen, takes her glasses off, and cleans them."

I agree with having a choice... I'm pretty photo sensitive... what we have works OK for me, but if we get any bright colors around here, I'll have to bail on the site... it will give me migraines...

There's this site I've seen a few times called The Admin Zone, they have volunteer designers that do free and paid work. Maybe they can make a new logo and recommend a good free theme that looks 100% better or maybe even make one if CF.net has money.

Mike

If it ain't broke.....

FC

Ha! My words to my wife all the time. :) If I had my way, we'd probably still have the same furniture we had 21 years ago when we got married. But my reasons are mostly financial. What could we do with that money instead?

I've got good news, FC. It doesn't cost a thing! :thumbsup

I'm voting deep blue, like we had on the old site. Deep purple's ok too.

Most likely, this colour change would mostly affect banners, headers, link colours, and some backgrounds. It would not affect the background of posts, except we might make it a little less bright.

Jman, I know of the Admin Zone. They are pretty cool over there. I'd prefer to do this in house though. We have the means. And CF having money....:lol

Just keep us semi color blind folks in mind... If you layer two types of colors on top of each other, some times I'm not able to see them.

Yellow, bright green etc on blue, purple etc really mess with my eyes. Hey, I was really surprised when somebody told me my car was purple! No it's not, it's laser blue lol!

green on brown, yellow on green, blue on purple, orange on red... you get the idea... depending on the shades, really messes with me and sometimes I can't even see the seperation... it's just a blur.

Don't worry Steve, there will be contrast. We won't be going bright. For example if we go purple the text will be white.

Don't worry Steve, there will be contrast. We won't be going bright. For example if we go purple the text will be white.

Purple with white text... Wow! :shades

I would vote on a color change, but you'd have to keep in mind that when I was a kid with crayons, I would often color the grass orange and the sky purple. Oh, and the leaves of the trees were generally just a shade lighter brown than the trunk :toofunny

Hi Nick,

I'm not sure of the logistics of this but do you know how you can pick your own background colors on your personal email accounts like Google? Would it be possible for members to select in settings the color of the CF.net they see (maybe give us 3 color schemes to choose from)? Or if not the main colors of the page, maybe the contrasts that are used, so each member can pick a contrast suitable for their eyes?

Blessings,
Dee

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back