Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

The coming final judgment !

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
The Second Coming of Christ !

The Second Coming of Christ is a Truth made known in the Gospel, it was a Truth made known to the Saints of Old Jude 1:14-15

14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,

15To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.

T e Lord Jesus Christ the Son of Man will personally and visibly return to to this Earth Acts 1:9-11, Jesus stated that He would come again Jn 14:3

3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Paul wrote 1 Thess 4:16

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

2 Thess 1:7

7And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,

His coming is going to be sudden and unexpected for most dwelling upon the earth at that time 1 Thess 5:2-3

2For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

3For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

Jesus said this Rev 3:3

3Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.

He may appear any moment with the voice of the Archangel and the Trump of God 1 Thess 4:16

16For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

When Jesus returns which is the next thing to occur on the prophetic time line, all things have been fulfilled save for the witness of the Gospel to all Nations which will usher in His coming, which is the End. Matt 24:14

Rom 1:8 First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world.

Mar 16:20 And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.

Rom 10:18 But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world.

http://biblia.com/bible/nkjv/Matt 24.14

Rom 1:8 First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world.

Mar 16:20 And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.

Rom 10:18 But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world.
When Jesus returns which is the next thing to occur on the prophetic time line, all things have been fulfilled save for the witness of the Gospel to all Nations which will usher in His coming, which is the End. Matt 24:14

It really is a laughable contradiction of apostolic revelation, nonetheless it requires a response.

How long should we wait?

It really is a laughable contradiction of apostolic revelation, nonetheless it requires a response.

How long should we wait?

You can die waiting, or you can live waiting. Fortunately no one waits beyond their own... generation.:waving

There will be a General Resurrection !

When the Lord Jesus Christ returns this Second Time, there will be a General Resurrection, consisting of everyone whoever lived Rev 11:18

18And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

Rev 20:11-14

11And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

12And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

13And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

14And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Jn 5:28-29

28Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

29And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Dan 12:1-3

1And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.

2And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake [Resurrection], some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.[The results of Judgment]

3And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.

There will be a General Resurrection !

When the Lord Jesus Christ returns this Second Time, there will be a General Resurrection, consisting of everyone whoever lived Rev 11:18

18And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

Rev 20:11-14

11And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

12And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

13And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

14And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Jn 5:28-29

28Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

29And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Dan 12:1-3

1And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.

2And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake [Resurrection], some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.[The results of Judgment]

3And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.
So how long do you expect Him to hang around to raise the dead?

Days , weeks, years?

I ment how long should we wait for a response Sin....

Oh!:rolling

Apparently about two days, unless you actually want a response to the body slam Reba dealt, rather than some pointless prefab proof text that whistles past the graveyard of truth. :seehearspeak

leigh

No I'm not, Iam referring to the Second Coming.

Let’s first look at a passage for clarity:

For if we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. Therefore, whether we live or die, we are the Lord’s. For to this end Christ died and rose and lived again, that He might be Lord of both the dead and the living. But why do you judge your brother? Or why do you show contempt for your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. For it is written: “As I live, says the LORD, Every knee shall bow to Me, And every tongue shall confess to God.†So then each of us shall give account of himself to God. (Rom.14:8-12)

Note that Paul says, “For to this end Christ died and rose and lived again, that He might be Lord of both the dead and the living.†He continues, “For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ…. So then each of us shall give account of himself to God.†Paul does not say that at Christ’s return, the “living and the dead†would be judged, as the futurist alleges, but simply “we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Godâ€! The “Final Judgment†(which Preterists do indeed believe in) took place in AD 70, just as Scripture says it would. The “books were opened…and the dead were judged†(Rev.20:12). The “Final Judgment†of the living, however, is an ongoing process, taking place at the physical death of the individual. Paul never said every living person throughout all time would be judged at the return of Christ in AD 70 (or some time yet future to us)! This is a clear misreading and misrepresentation of Scripture!

The nearly total absurdity of full preterist views is quite easy to pin down with scriptural facts.

None, read none of these powers have yet been put aside:

Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

To say that this wrestling was confined to flesh and blood Jews that were invaded and scattered in 70a.d. is absurdity. Those people were 'captured' by the same powers above AS WERE the INVADERS of Israel.

The issue in play here is SIN and EVIL which same revolved entirely around the bold red items above. To say these powers stopped in 70a.d. is also quite absurd. Just look around to see the effects of SIN.

There are powers that can not be viewed with flesh eyes. There are entities described in the text that are simply not viewable. No one has seen a physical devil nor will they. It is the power of the anti-Christ spirits. Discount same at your own peril.

God has promised a finality to those powers and those entities. And no, it did not transpire in 70a.d.

Hebrews 12:26
Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven.

The final shaking has not yet transpired. Anyone seeking to understand 'end times' in general exhibit a very poor understanding of the invisible powers that are written of in the texts, and rather revolve around the typical external views.

Such views are pathetically shortsighted.

When corruption, weakness, dishonor and the natural is put away. When death, the last enemy, is destroyed, that is when finality of judgments has arrived.

And all will know it.

Assuredly those powers within the people of Israel were dealt with externally in 70a.d just as they were dealt with in Israel many times prior in the O.T.

That 'scattering' was well exposed in text and well in advance of every episode. The eventual scattering of Israel was spoken of here for example:

Deuteronomy 28:64
And the LORD shall scatter thee among all people, from the one end of the earth even unto the other; and there thou shalt serve other gods, which neither thou nor thy fathers have known, even wood and stone.

Ezekiel 34:6
My sheep wandered through all the mountains, and upon every high hill: yea, my flock was scattered upon all the face of the earth, and none did search or seek after them.

Scattering and division is how God dealt with the bold red powers in all people, not just Jews and God is still active in this effort to this day.

There will be an end of those workings. They will not be viewed on the outside of the cup, a physical nation or any given group of people or an individual anti-Christ person.

They were, are and remain internal matters that apply to EVERYONE.

enjoy!

smaller

The nearly total absurdity of full preterist views is quite easy to pin down with scriptural facts.

None, read none of these powers have yet been put aside:

Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

To say that this wrestling was confined to flesh and blood Jews that were invaded and scattered in 70a.d. is absurdity. Those people were 'captured' by the same powers above AS WERE the INVADERS of Israel.

The issue in play here is SIN and EVIL which same revolved entirely around the bold red items above. To say these powers stopped in 70a.d. is also quite absurd. Just look around to see the effects of SIN.

There are powers that can not be viewed with flesh eyes. There are entities described in the text that are simply not viewable. No one has seen a physical devil nor will they. It is the power of the anti-Christ spirits. Discount same at your own peril.

God has promised a finality to those powers and those entities. And no, it did not transpire in 70a.d.

Hebrews 12:26
Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven.

The final shaking has not yet transpired. Anyone seeking to understand 'end times' in general exhibit a very poor understanding of the invisible powers that are written of in the texts, and rather revolve around the typical external views.

Such views are pathetically shortsighted.

When corruption, weakness, dishonor and the natural is put away. When death, the last enemy, is destroyed, that is when finality of judgments has arrived.

And all will know it.

Assuredly those powers within the people of Israel were dealt with externally in 70a.d just as they were dealt with in Israel many times prior in the O.T.

That 'scattering' was well exposed in text and well in advance of every episode. The eventual scattering of Israel was spoken of here for example:

Deuteronomy 28:64
And the LORD shall scatter thee among all people, from the one end of the earth even unto the other; and there thou shalt serve other gods, which neither thou nor thy fathers have known, even wood and stone.

Ezekiel 34:6
My sheep wandered through all the mountains, and upon every high hill: yea, my flock was scattered upon all the face of the earth, and none did search or seek after them.

Scattering and division is how God dealt with the bold red powers in all people, not just Jews and God is still active in this effort to this day.

There will be an end of those workings. They will not be viewed on the outside of the cup, a physical nation or any given group of people or an individual anti-Christ person.

They were, are and remain internal matters that apply to EVERYONE.

enjoy!

smaller

First, let us us know about whether you claim to be Christian or non-Christian. God is not the maker of confusion, so won't you clarify for us your stance?

Paul said to the Roman Christians something that pertains to their generation only. You missed that too!
Rom.16:20 NKJV,
20 And the God of peace will crush Satan under your feet shortly.
The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.

Oh, & God did once again shake the "heavens & the earth" (which was symbolic language for Israel) in AD70, fyi.

Another proof text:
Read it & realize that "we" today are not living in that "evil age" at the end of the Old covenant age that the N.T. speaks of:

To the churches of Galatia:

3 Grace to you and peace from God the Father and our Lord Jesus Christ, 4 who gave Himself for our sins, that He might deliver us from this present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father, 5 to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen. (Gal.1:3-5 NKJV)

Who ever saw Satan incarnate? Not any human. Christ destroyed Satan, who fathered the Jews who were of the "synagogue of satan." (Rev.2 &3)

The Parousia

Many today who have been deceived, believe in a Two stage Coming of the Lord Jesus Christ, that He comes to the air and secretly raptures up The Church and goes back to heaven with them while the jews, the tribulation saints endure the great tribulation, and the Church is enjoying a Marriage with the Lamb ! That is a bunch of hogwash !

They say that coming [parousia] in Matthew is for jewish tribulation saints seven years later after having come for the secret rapture of the church. The disciples asked Him in Matt 24:3

3And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming[parousia], and of the end of the world?

They believe that Jesus is speaking to them as ethnic jews and not as His Church !

Now the word parousia is used a few more times in Matt 24 in regards to Jesus return Matt 24:27,37,39

27For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

37But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

39And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Now they say this parousia does not apply to the Church of Christ.

Now Paul writes we know for a certainty to the church and he uses the same word parousia to describe Christ coming 1 Cor 15:23

23But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

1 Thess 4:15

15For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming[parousia] of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

James writes in James 5:7-8

7Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain.

8Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh.

How about Peter 2 Pet 1:16

16For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.

2 Pet 3:4,12

4And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

12Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

The Apostle John 1 Jn 2:28

28And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.

All these refer to Christ one second coming for His Elect whether jew or gentile on the earth alive when He comes !

They believe that Jesus is speaking to them as ethnic jews and not as His Church !
If you're going to characterize an opposing view, you should at least try to get it right.

Jesus was speaking to them as recipients of the Old Covenant, NOT merely as "ethnic Jews." There's a big difference.

The story of Christ and the cross is a tale of two covenants. Once you begin to see these prophecies in this light, it will make much more sense.

3And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming[parousia], and of the end of the world?

That word "world" means age. Here is a better translation of that verse:

{3} As He was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, "Tell us, when will these things happen, and what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?" Matthew 24:3 (NASB)

The end of the age. What age???

{28} Peter began to say to Him, "Behold, we have left everything and followed You." {29} Jesus said, "Truly I say to you, there is no one who has left house or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or farms, for My sake and for the gospel's sake, {30} but that he will receive a hundred times as much now in the present age, houses and brothers and sisters and mothers and children and farms, along with persecutions; and in the age to come, eternal life. Mark 10:28-30 (NASB)

{34} Jesus said to them, "The sons of this age marry and are given in marriage, {35} but those who are considered worthy to attain to that age and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry nor are given in marriage; Luke 20:34-35 (NASB)

{32} "Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come. Matthew 12:32 (NASB)

{6} Yet we do speak wisdom among those who are mature; a wisdom, however, not of this age nor of the rulers of this age, who are passing away; {7} but we speak God's wisdom in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God predestined before the ages to our glory; {8} the wisdom which none of the rulers of this age has understood; for if they had understood it they would not have crucified the Lord of glory; {9} but just as it is written, "THINGS WHICH EYE HAS NOT SEEN AND EAR HAS NOT HEARD, AND which HAVE NOT ENTERED THE HEART OF MAN, ALL THAT GOD HAS PREPARED FOR THOSE WHO LOVE HIM." 1 Corinthians 2:6-9 (NASB)

{3} Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ, {4} who gave Himself for our sins so that He might rescue us from this present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father, Galatians 1:3-4 (NASB)

{21} far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come. Ephesians 1:21 (NASB)

{11} For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men, {12} instructing us to deny ungodliness and worldly desires and to live sensibly, righteously and godly in the present age, {13} looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus, Titus 2:11-13 (NASB)

The "end of the age" about which the disciples asked in Matthew 24:3 was the end of the age of the Old Covenant and the removal of the kingdom of God from apostate Israel, marked by His return in judgment upon the GENERATION that crucified Him.

His "coming on the clouds" was a reference to the manner in which God - in the Old Testament - came in judgment upon nations for their sin and disobedience:

{30} "And then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and then all the tribes of the earth [literally "LAND"] will mourn, and they will see the SON OF MAN COMING ON THE CLOUDS OF THE SKY with power and great glory. Matthew 24:30 (NASB)

{64} Jesus *said to him, "You have said it yourself; nevertheless I tell you, hereafter you will see THE SON OF MAN SITTING AT THE RIGHT HAND OF POWER, and COMING ON THE CLOUDS OF HEAVEN." Matthew 26:64 (NASB)

"Coming on the clouds" was a metaphor taken from the OT:

{1} The oracle concerning Egypt. Behold, the LORD is riding on a swift cloud and is about to come to Egypt; The idols of Egypt will tremble at His presence, And the heart of the Egyptians will melt within them. Isaiah 19:1 (NASB)

Take it for what it's worth.

storm

Jesus was speaking to them as recipients of the Old Covenant,

No He was not, it is no where stated that He was speaking to them as recipients of the Old Covenant. Thats your own invention and it is false !

When Jesus returns it will be a Glorious return ! Matt 24:30

And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

This describes His coming or parousia we know this from vs 27 Matt 24:27

27For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Now this advent is described also by Paul as His Glorious Appearing Titus 2:13

Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

The word glorious here is the equivalent to great glory in Matt 24:30 and the word appearing is the same word appear in Matt 24:30 !

This is the same advent, and false teachers has divided it in order to support their false claims and wrenching of scripture.

Jesus was speaking to the disciples about this advent in Matt 24 and Paul was writing to the Church in Titus, hence Matt 24 is for the instruction of the Church as well as Titus !

First, let us us know about whether you claim to be Christian or non-Christian. God is not the maker of confusion, so won't you clarify for us your stance?

Christian by the measure of whom? I accept the Nicene Creed as a basic measure and agree with every point of same. I also had a 'personal experience' some 30+ years ago that changed my heart on these matters to faith in Christ.

And you obviously don't know your scriptures very well. God did cause confusion at the tower of Babel.
Paul said to the Roman Christians something that pertains to their generation only. You missed that too!

Everything that the Apostles wrote is applicable to all believers, inclusive of Peter and James. And if you think Satan has been removed from the equations of sin starting with temptation you would be sorely deceived by same.
Oh, & God did once again shake the "heavens & the earth" (which was symbolic language for Israel) in AD70, fyi.

And again you missed the point of the post entirely and remain looking back on the outside of the cup. Any casual glance at our present world shows the continuing effects of sin, which same is 'of the devil' and the powers briefed in the last post.
Another proof text:
Read it & realize that "we" today are not living in that "evil age" at the end of the Old covenant age that the N.T. speaks of:

Oh? Evil disappeared then? No longer exists? lol
Who ever saw Satan incarnate? Not any human. Christ destroyed Satan, who fathered the Jews who were of the "synagogue of satan." (Rev.2 &3)

Your theory is quite impossible, scripturally speaking. All the people of Israel are taught in the O.T. to be Gods children (see Deut. 14:1 and Psalm 82:6 (which Jesus cited to Jews as well.) Paul echoed this same fact in Acts 17:23-29 for all mankind. Many orthodox sects accept these facts. Simple logic dictates that Satan can not be their father.

Satan is however the father of other devils who inhabited the minds of those Pharisees and to whom Jesus often addressed, interacted with and cast OUT of people. People and devils are not the same entities nor are/were Jews satan or devils, unless of course you are a raging anti-semite.

enjoy!

s

storm
No He was not, it is no where stated that He was speaking to them as recipients of the Old Covenant. Thats your own invention and it is false !

Please point to the chapter and verse where He addressed them as "ethnic Jews" then! :screwloose

One more thing...

You ignored everything else in that post that belies your view. Nice dodge.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everything that the Apostles wrote is applicable to all believers, inclusive of Peter and James.

Nonsense. It was all written for us. It was not all written to us! There's a difference!

Unless, of course, you believe eating meat offered to idols continues to be a problem in the church today! :screwloose

And according to every apostle and believer of that day who saw it, I'm sure it was!

And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

This describes His coming or parousia we know this from vs 27 Matt 24:27

Now this advent is described also by Paul as His Glorious Appearing Titus 2:13

Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

The word glorious here is the equivalent to great glory in Matt 24:30 and the word appearing is the same word appear in Matt 24:30 !

This is the same advent, and false teachers has divided it in order to support their false claims and wrenching of scripture.

Jesus was speaking to the disciples about this advent in Matt 24 and Paul was writing to the Church in Titus, hence Matt 24 is for the instruction of the Church as well as Titus !

You missed one:

{27} "For the Son of Man is going to come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and WILL THEN REPAY EVERY MAN ACCORDING TO HIS DEEDS. {28} "Truly I say to you, there are some of those who are standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom." Matthew 16:27-28 (NASB)

Hmmm...I wonder where the apostles EVER got the idea He was coming again in their lifetime. :chin

I know! They got it from this!

{63} But Jesus kept silent. And the high priest said to Him, "I adjure You by the living God, that You tell us whether You are the Christ, the Son of God." {64} Jesus *said to him, "You have said it yourself; nevertheless I tell you, hereafter you will see THE SON OF MAN SITTING AT THE RIGHT HAND OF POWER, and COMING ON THE CLOUDS OF HEAVEN." {65} Then the high priest tore his robes and said, "He has blasphemed! What further need do we have of witnesses? Behold, you have now heard the blasphemy; {66} what do you think?" They answered, "He deserves death!" {67} Then they spat in His face and beat Him with their fists; and others slapped Him, {68} and said, "Prophesy to us, You Christ; who is the one who hit You?" Matthew 26:63-68 (NASB)

Know what most people miss in this passage???

He answered the high priest's question in the affirmative! The Sanhedrin recognized the OT metaphor for "coming on the clouds" as Christ equating Himself with God, and judged Him worthy of death for it!!!

So you have Christ telling both the disciples and Sanhedrin they would see His return!

Hmmm...well, either Christ was a liar (which is what the futurist position makes Him), or we - living 2,000 years later - simply don't understand what He meant by His parousia.

My money's on the latter!

I have an idea: why don't we start trying to understand His word with the assumptions that Christ and the apostles weren't liars and that they knew better than we do what they were writing about?!?!?

Last edited by a moderator:

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back