Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

The coming final judgment !

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
savedbygrace57 said:
Where did they say the second coming was near to them ?

1. "The Kingdom of Heaven is at hand." (Matt. 3:2)

2. "Who warned you to flee from the wrath about to come?" (Matt. 3:7)

3. "The axe is already laid at the root of the trees." (Matt. 3:10)

4. "His winnowing fork is in His hand." (Matt. 3:12)

5. "The kingdom of heaven is at hand." (Matt. 4:17)

6. "The kingdom of heaven is at hand." (Matt. 10:7)

7. "You shall not finish going through the cities of Israel, until the Son of Man comes." (Matt. 10:23)

8. "...the age about to come." (Matt. 12:32)

9. "The Son of Man is about to come in the glory of His Father with His angels; and will then recompense every man according to his deeds." (Matt. 16:27)

10. "There are some of those who are standing here who shall not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom." (Matt. 16:28; cf. Mk. 9:1; Lk. 9:27)

11. "'When the owner of the vineyard comes, what will he do to those vine-growers?' '...He will bring those wretches to a wretched end, and will rent out the vineyard to other vine-growers, who will pay him the proceeds at the proper seasons.' '...Therefore I say to you, the kingdom of God will be taken away from you, and be given to a nation producing the fruit of it.' ...When the chief priests and the Pharisees heard His parables, they understood that He was speaking about them." (Matt. 21:40-41,43,45)

12. "This generation will not pass away until all these things take place." (Matt. 24:34)

13. "From now on, you [Caiaphas, the chief priests, the scribes, the elders, the whole Sanhedrin] shall be seeing the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of Power, and coming on the clouds of heaven." (Matt. 26:64; Mk. 14:62; Lk. 22:69)

14. "The kingdom of God is at hand." (Mk. 1:15)

15. "What will the owner of the vineyard do? He will come and destroy the vine-growers, and will give the vineyard to others. ...They [the chief priests, scribes and elders] understood that He spoke the parable against them." (Mk. 12:9,12)

16. "This generation will not pass away until all these things take place." (Mk. 13:30)

17. "Who warned you to flee from the wrath about to come?" (Lk. 3:7)

18. "The axe is already laid at the root of the trees." (Lk. 3:9)

19. "His winnowing fork is in His hand..." (Lk. 3:17)

20. "The kingdom of God has come near to you." (Lk. 10:9)

21. "The kingdom of God has come near." (Lk. 10:11)

22. "What, therefore, will the owner of the vineyard do to them? He will come and destroy these vine-growers and will give the vineyard to others." ...The scribes and the chief priests...understood that He spoke this parable against them." (Lk. 20:15-16,19)

23. "These are days of vengeance, in order that all things which are written may be fulfilled." (Lk. 21:22)

24. "This generation will not pass away until all things take place." (Lk. 21:32)

25. "Daughters of Jerusalem, stop weeping for Me, but weep for yourselves and for your children. For behold, the days are coming when they will say, 'Blessed are the barren, and the wombs that never bore, and the breasts that never nursed.' Then they will begin to say to the mountains, 'Fall on us,' and to the hills, 'Cover us.'" (Lk. 23:28-30; Compare Rev. 6:14-17)

26. "We were hoping that He was the One who is about to redeem Israel." (Lk. 24:21)

27. "I will come to you. ...In that Day you shall know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you.' ...'Lord, what then has happened that You are about to disclose Yourself to us, and not to the world?'" (Jn. 14:18,20,22)

28. "If I want him to remain until I come, what is that to you?" (Jn. 21:22)

29. "This is what was spoken of through the prophet Joel: 'And it shall be in the last days...'" (Acts 2:16-17)

30. "He has fixed a day in which He is about to judge the world in righteousness..." (Acts 17:31)

31. "There is about to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the wicked." (Acts 24:15)

32. "As he was discussing righteousness, self-control and the judgment about to come..." (Acts 24:25)

33. "Not for [Abraham's] sake only was it written, that [faith] was reckoned to him [as righteousness], but for our sake also, to whom it is about to be reckoned." (Rom. 4:23-24)

34. "If you are living according to the flesh, you are about to die." (Rom. 8:13)

35. "I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is about to be revealed to us." (Rom. 8:18)

36. "It is already the hour for you to awaken from sleep; for now salvation is nearer to us than when we believed. The night is almost gone, and the day is at hand." (Rom. 13:11-12)

37. "The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet." (Rom. 16:20)

38. "The time has been shortened." (I Cor. 7:29)

39. "The form of this world is passing away." (I Cor. 7:31)

40. "Now these things ...were written for our instruction, upon whom the ends of the ages have come." (I Cor. 10:11)

41. "We shall not all fall sleep, but we shall all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet; for the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed." (I Cor. 15:51-52)

42. "Maranatha!" [The Lord comes!] (I Cor. 16:22)

43. "...not only in this age, but also in the one about to come." (Eph. 1:21)

44. "The Lord is near." (Phil. 4:5)

45. "The gospel ...was proclaimed in all creation under heaven." (Col. 1:23; Compare Matt. 24:14; Rom. 10:18; 16:26; Col. 1:5-6; II Tim. 4:17; Rev. 14:6-7; cf. I Clement 5,7)

46. "...things which are a shadow of what is about to come." (Col. 2:16-17)

47. "...we who are alive, and remain until the coming of the Lord... We who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds... ...You, brethren, are not in darkness, that the Day should overtake you like a thief." (I Thess. 4:15,17; 5:4)

48. "May your spirit and soul and body be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ." (I Thess. 5:23)

49. "It is only just for God to repay with affliction those who afflict you, and to give relief to you who are afflicted and to us as well when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with His mighty angels in flaming fire." (II Thess. 1:6-7)

50. "Godliness ...holds promise for the present life and that which is about to come." (I Tim. 4:8)

51. "I charge you ...that you keep the commandment without stain or reproach until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ." (I Tim. 6:14)

52. "...storing up for themselves the treasure of a good foundation for that which is about to come, so that they may take hold of that which is life indeed." (I Tim. 6:19)

53. "In the last days difficult times will come. For men will be lovers of self... ...Avoid these men. For of these are those who enter into households and captivate weak women... ...These also oppose the truth... ...But they will not make further progress; for their folly will be obvious to all..." (II Tim. 3:1-2,5-6,8-9)

54. "I solemnly charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who is about to judge the living and the dead..." (II Tim. 4:1)

55. "God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways, in these last days has spoken to us in His Son." (Heb. 1:1-2)

56. "Are they not all ministering spirits, sent out to render service for the sake of those who are about to inherit salvation?" (Heb. 1:14)

57. "He did not subject to angels the world about to come." (Heb. 2:5)

58. "...and have tasted ...the powers of the age about to come." (Heb. 6:5)

59. "For ground that drinks the rain which often falls upon it and brings forth vegetation useful to those for whose sake it is also tilled, receives a blessing from God; but if it yields thorns and thistles, it is worthless and near a curse, and it's end is for burning." (Heb. 6:7-8)

60. "When He said, 'A new covenant,' He has made the first obsolete. But whatever is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to disappear." (Heb. 8:13)

61. "The Holy Spirit is signifying this, that the way of the [heavenly] Holy Places has not yet been revealed, while the outer tabernacle is still standing, which is a symbol for the present time. Accordingly both gifts and sacrifices are offered which cannot make the worshiper perfect in conscience, since they relate only to food and drink and various washings, regulations for the body imposed until a time of reformation." (Heb. 9:8-10; Compare Gal. 4:19; Eph. 2:21-22; 3:17; 4:13)

62. "But when Christ appeared as a high priest of the good things about to come..." (Heb. 9:11)

63. "Now once at the consummation of the ages He has been manifested to put away sin." (Heb. 9:26)

64. "For the Law, since it has only a shadow of the good things about to come..." (Heb. 10:1)

65. "...as you see the Day drawing near." (Heb. 10:25)

66. "...the fury of a fire which is about to consume the adversaries." (Heb. 10:27)

67. "For yet in a very little while, He who is coming will come, and will not delay." (Heb. 10:37)

68. "For here we do not have a lasting city, but we are seeking the one that is about to come." (Heb. 13:14)

69. "Speak and so act, as those who are about to be judged by the law of liberty." (Jms. 2:12)

70. "Come now, you rich, weep and howl for your miseries which are coming upon you. ...It is in the last days that you have stored up your treasure!" (Jms. 5:1,3)

71. "Be patient, therefore, brethren, until the coming of the Lord." (Jms. 5:7)

72. "You too be patient; strengthen your hearts, for the coming of the Lord is at hand." (Jms. 5:8)

73. "...salvation ready to be revealed in the last time." (I Peter 1:6)

74. "He ...has appeared in these last times for the sake of you." (I Peter 1:20)

75. "They shall give account to Him who is ready to judge the living and the dead." (I Peter 4:5)

76. "The end of all things is at hand; therefore, be of sound judgment and sober spirit for the purpose of prayer." (I Peter 4:7)

77. "For it is time for judgment to begin with the household of God." (I Peter 4:17)

78. "...as your fellow elder and witness of the sufferings of Christ, and a partaker also of the glory that is about to be revealed." (I Peter 5:1)

79. "We have the prophetic word ...which you do well to pay attention as to a lamp shining in a dark place, until the Day dawns and the morning star arises in your hearts." (II Peter 1:19)

80. "Their judgment from long ago is not idle, and their destruction is not asleep." (II Peter 2:3)

81. "In the last days mockers will come. ...For this they willingly are ignorant of..." (I Peter 3:3,5)

82. "But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and its works will be burned up. Since all these things are to be destroyed in this way, what sort of people ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God." (II Peter 3:10-12)

83. "The darkness is passing away, and the true light is already shining." (I Jn. 2:8)

84. "The world is passing away, and its desires." (I Jn. 2:17)

85. "It is the last hour." (I Jn. 2:18)

86. "Even now many antichrists have arisen; from this we know that it is the last hour." (I Jn. 2:18; Compare Matt. 24:23-34)

87. "This is that of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world." (I Jn. 4:3; Compare II Thess. 2:7)

88. "For certain persons have crept in unnoticed, those who were long beforehand marked out for this condemnation. ...About these also Enoch ...prophesied, saying, 'Behold, the Lord came with many thousands of His holy ones, to execute judgment upon all, and to convict all the ungodly...'" (Jude 1:4,14-15)

89. "But you, beloved, ought to remember the words that were spoken beforehand by the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ, that they were saying to you, 'In the last time there shall be mockers, following after their own ungodly lusts.' These are the ones who cause divisions..." (Jude 1:17-19)

90. "...to show to His bond-servants, the things which must shortly take place." (Rev. 1:1)

91. "The time is near." (Rev. 1:3)

92. "Nevertheless what you have, hold fast until I come." (Rev. 2:25)

93. "I also will keep you from the hour of testing which is about to come upon the whole world." (Rev. 3:10)

94. "I am coming quickly." (Rev. 3:11)

95. "And she gave birth to a son, a male child, who is about to rule all the nations with a rod of iron." (Rev. 12:5)

96. "And in her [the Great City Babylon] was found the blood of prophets and of saints and of all who have been slain on the earth." (Rev. 18:24; Compare Matt. 23:35-36; Lk. 11:50-51)

97. "...to show to His bond-servants the things which must shortly take place." (Rev. 22:6)

98. "Behold, I am coming quickly." (Rev. 22:7)

99. "Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is near." (Rev. 22:10; Compare Dan. 8:26)

100. "Behold, I am coming quickly." (Rev. 22:12)

101. "Yes, I am coming quickly." (Rev. 22:20)

His second coming is at the door..

Strange that James said the very same thing 2000 years ago:

James 5 7-9
7Be patient, then, brothers, until the Lord's coming. See how the farmer waits for the land to yield its valuable crop and how patient he is for the autumn and spring rains. 8You too, be patient and stand firm, because the Lord's coming is near. 9Don't grumble against each other, brothers, or you will be judged. The Judge is standing at the door!

What do you know that James didn't?

parou:

1. "The Kingdom of Heaven is at hand." (Matt. 3:2)

Your very desperate, Christ had not even died yet..lol

Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh.

That was written at that time to encourage the saints, but it was also written for the time when the last tribulation saints would be on the earth..Jesus coming drawing nigh was certainly something given them from a Divine Perspective, and so, in line with that, a day is as a thousand years, and a thousane years as a day..

2 pet 3:

8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Its been [ from a Divine reckoning of time] a little over two days ago when the Promise was made..

• I do not understand why you guys keep overlooking the important parts.
  • Daniel 8:26
    "The vision of the evenings and mornings that has been given you is true, but seal up the vision, for it concerns the distant future."
  • Luke 21:8. He replied: "Watch out that you are not deceived. For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am he,' and, 'The time is near.' Do not follow them. 9When you hear of wars and revolutions, do not be frightened. These things must happen first, but the end will not come right away."
  • Luke 21:32. "I tell you the truth, this generation/race will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. 33Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.
  • Rev 1:19. "Write, therefore, what you have seen, what is now and what will take place later. 20The mystery of the seven stars that you saw in my right hand and of the seven golden lampsticks is this: The seven stars are the messengers of the seven congregations, and the seven lampsticks are the seven congregations.

mdo757 said:
  • I do not understand why you guys keep overlooking the important parts.
  • Luke 21:32. "I tell you the truth, this generation/race will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. 33Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.
Sure you can mistranslate 'genea' as 'race', but then how do you explain how Heaven and earth can pass away before a 'race' passes away?

He shall seperate the sheep from the goats !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matt 25:31-46 but lets look at vs 32-33

32And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

33And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

Now remember what Jesus said of the sheep ! Jn 10:

15As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

Who are the sheep and who are the goats ? The sheep are that portion of mankind that God hath loved and known from everlasting jer 31:3; rom 11:1; rom 8:29-30.

At Judgment day all mankind will be presented forth as sheep or goats, and He shall set the sheep on His right hand [ denoting Glory and Honor] and the goats He will set on His left hand [ denoting rejection and shame].

Sheep is a word used in a metaphorical way to denote the whole election of grace or household of God. The goats are those who lived their entire lives outside of Christ and shall perish eternally for their sins. It will not matter how religious and sincere the goats have been and even if they sincerely professed Christ, they shall hear the sentence of their rejection:

Matt 7:

23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity cp I never knew you with Jn 10:14,27

Yes, all that religious activity appealed to in vs 22, is look at by the Judge of mankind as works of iniquity, now understand, He will not be talking to whores and dope attics and drunkards calling them workers of iniquity, but highly religious and sincere people, church going folk; and notice Jesus says of them " I never knew you "

So those on the day of Judgment that He bids depart from me I never knew you, were never of His sheep which He knew and laid down His life for..

They are the ones that are represented as being put on His left hand..

All these things will shortly come to pass..

Rev 1:7 Every eye shall see Him ! - --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rev 1:

7Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

There is a false teaching nowadays that says the second coming has already occurred..

I don't see how that is possible, for it says that when He comes again every eye shall see Him, and for that to be True, even those whom have met with physical death, they shall see Him to with their eyes, for they will be raised up from their graves..

John 5:

27And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.

28Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

29And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

So these and those who are alive at His coming per 1 cor 15:

51Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

52In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

1 thess 4:

14For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

15For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

16For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

So in this manner all shall see Him coming, both the quick and the dead..

Those who falsely teach that Jesus Christ has already came in 70 ad, have to explain why every eye did not see Him as scripture declares here..

How does this judgment fit into the end?

Rom 2:16
16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel. KJV

Judging the secrets of men, the intents and purposes fits into a final work of judgment as witnessed by the following testimony of the spirit of Jesus.

1 Tim 5:24-25
24 Some men's sins are open beforehand, going before to judgment; and some men they follow after.

25 Likewise also the good works of some are manifest beforehand; and they that are otherwise cannot be hid. KJV

Why would sins need to go before to judgment? What happens to sins in judgment?

Acts 17:31
31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead. KJV

2 Tim 4:1
1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; KJV

1 Peter 4:5-6
5 Who shall give account to him that is ready to judge the quick and the dead.

6 For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit. KJV

Joe

His Appearing To Judge !

His Appearing To Judge !
2 tim 4:

1I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

The next thing on the prophetic calender is the blessed appearing of the Lord Jesus Christ and His Kingdom He now possesses col 1:

13Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

His appearing will be to Judge ! " who shall [promise] the quick and the dead" that is those living and those dead.

Him coming as Judge is confirmed in other scriptures too, like acts 10:

42And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead.

jn 5:

22For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

27And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.

acts 17:

31Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

matt 25:

31When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

32And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

34Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

35For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

36Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

37Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

38When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

39Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

40And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

42For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

43I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

44Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

45Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

46And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal

rev 20:

11And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

12And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

13And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

14And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

15And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

1 pet 4:

5 Who shall give account to him that is ready to judge the quick and the dead.

Who shall give account.. that is every word will be given a account for matt 12:

36But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

Men must render account of their lives at the coming judgment, this statement shows the scrutinizing government Jesus Christ the Judge has over all men..

Rev 1 :

7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

Things to expect at the second coming of Jesus Christ, which I believe will be before this present generation passes away, and even in our life time, and yet no one knows the day or the hour, but I do believe His True people, His Friends, the spiritual seed of Abraham, will know the proximity of that time, by the witness of the Spirit in them..

ecc 8:5

Whoso keepeth the commandment shall feel no evil thing: and a wise man's heart discerneth both time and judgment.

dan 12:

10Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.

As we look at rev 1 7, we are told some grand truths about the or His second coming.

Behold, He cometh with the clouds- Ye recall if you have read acts 1:9, it was that a cloud received Him out of their [ disciples] sight, and so when He returns, He will come with clouds. This coming with clouds marks the greatness and importance of this event, for He will be coming to Judge the world. This event is so certain that it is mentioned in the most plainest of speech in the scripture..

Heb 9:

28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

1 thess 4:

15For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

16For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

2 thess 1:

7And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,

8In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

9Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

10When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.

Angels testify of His return acts 1:

10And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;

11Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

The Lord Jesus Christ Himself says this:

Matt 25:

31When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

matt 24:

30And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Remember the instance and circumstances when the Lord predicted of His coming again, after He had been apprehended by the jews, the High Priest adjured Him by the Living God, tell us he demanded, whether thou be the Christ, the Son of God; For this according to jewish custom was equivalent to administering a oath, and what was Jesus reply ? in mk 14:

61But he held his peace, and answered nothing. Again the high priest asked him, and said unto him, Art thou the Christ, the Son of the Blessed?

62And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

Matt 26:

62And the high priest arose, and said unto him, Answerest thou nothing? what is it which these witness against thee?

63But Jesus held his peace, And the high priest answered and said unto him, I adjure thee by the living God, that thou tell us whether thou be the Christ, the Son of God.

64Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

But how can we miss the plain testimony of scripture and its symmetry of agreement, when as rev 1:7 mentions His coming with the clouds, other scriptures confirms His coming with clouds..

Have you looked at the clouds lately ?

Next our text rev 1:7 informs us of the second coming of Christ, not only that He comes with the clouds in the air, but that every eye shall see Him..For it will be a public appearing, we gather that from such scriptures as titus 2:

13Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

1 tim 6:

14That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ:

2 tim 4:1,8

1I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

8Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

heb 9:

28So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

In this last instance the word appear is more specific and is the greek word:

optanomai:

to look at, behold

2) to allow one's self to be seen, to appear

So His appearing gives definition to how every eye shall see Him..for this really destroys the heresy of the preterist who falsely claim that the second coming has already occured..for when in world history did ever every eye saw His appearance ? For at His second coming He shall be seen of all mankind, because the Judgment of Mankind will then take place rev 11:

17Saying, We give thee thanks, O LORD God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned.

18And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

The word see in our text rev 1:7 is the same greek word for appear in heb 9:28 above..

So Jesus christ will return in a Glorious and visible human form [ the Son of Man], this seems to be the sense also of Christ words lk 21:

27And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.

see also matt 24:30..

The declaration of the Angels is of the same import acts 1:

11Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

Which they saw Him in a bodily visible form, so they will see Him return in the same manner...

For God hath appointed a day [ and its so close ] in which He will judge the world in righteousness by Him the Man, whom He hath ordained, and hath given assurance [ Faith] to all Men, by raisng Him from the dead. Note: All Men [ Jew and Gentile ] who have Faith in Christ, it was given them as a blessing from the resurrected Christ see 1 pet 1:3, for every eye shall see Him, for at that time all mankind will be summoned before Him for Judgment.. rev 20:

12And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God [Jesus christ]; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

1 thess 4:16-17 -

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 thess 4:

Many today in false religion believe the above passage belongs to a secret rapture of the church into the clouds, and then the rest of world goes through a seven year tribulation period..

But actually this is the second coming of Christ and He is about to Judge the world in righteousness..

The Trump of God, is a call for Judgment, the Great Day has arrived, and all in the graves will be summoned out of them.. The Trumpet sounded at the giving of the Law, where we have the voice of the Trumpet ex 19:

16And it came to pass on the third day in the morning, that there were thunders and lightnings, and a thick cloud upon the mount, and the voice of the trumpet exceeding loud; so that all the people that was in the camp trembled.

I believe when the Trumpet Sounds at Christ Coming, it will strike fear in some rev 6:

13And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.

14And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

15And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;

16And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:

17For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

So I believe the sound of the Trump of God at the 2nd Coming is the summons of the Final Judgment, and all flesh will stand before its Law Giver and Judge in the Face of Jesus Christ. The dead in Christ shall rise and so will the wicked dead..jn 5:

28Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

29And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Many False teachers have these resurrections 1000 yrs apart, but that is wrong..

Both the righteous and the wicked shall arise, for one group will stand before Him to be rewarded, and the other to be Judged by the Law and the Gospel, the law they have broken all their lives, and the Gospel they have despised..

On the day of Judgment, which is soon to take place, both the sheep and the goats will stand before the Righteous Judge, though in distinct groups of which is indicated of Christ here:

Matt 25:

The Sheep however will not have to give in account for any trespasses and sins for which they have committed in the flesh, both pre and post conversion, for all of their sins [ past, present and future] had already once and for all been brought before Gods Tribunal of Justice, and He passed and executed His sentence of the Law which had been broken by them, in strict, unerring and minute Justice upon their Great Shepherd and Head, The Lord Jesus Christ, and He drunk their Justice until He paid for all of them the very last farthing.. Matt 5:

25Agree with thine adversary quickly, whiles thou art in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison.

26Verily I say unto thee, Thou shalt by no means come out thence, till thou hast paid the uttermost farthing.

Jesus was not vindicated from the Awful Wrath of His Father for the Sheep, until He paid all for them is the point...

For as said the prophet Isa in regards to the sheepfold Isa 53:

5But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

6All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

The Apostle Peter testifies regarding the elect of God 1 pet 2:

24Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

Paul's testimony in Gal 3:

13Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

The Law can never bring a curse against any of the sheep Jesus died for..

The writer of Hebrews heb 10:

14For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

Now in light of these scripture testimonies, it is inconceivable how the sheep or the elect, for whom Christ died can be made to give an account again, in the Day of Judgment..

One of the many prominent falsehoods of the last day, and characterizes the great apostasy, is the teaching that there will be two different resurrections, one for the righteous at the beginning of a so called 1000 yr millennial reign on earth, then one for the wicked at the end of the millennial reign.

But scripture teaches one resurrection of both the righteous and the wicked, or saved and unsaved at the last day.

Jn 5:

Whoever cannot see this is one general resurrection at once for both the righteous and unrighteous, they are blind as a bat [spiritually]

Jn 11:

24Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.

In the greek we have the article before resurrection, The resurrection, the one and only. The same for last day, the Last Day, the one and only last day.

I praise God for all of you who so intently study. I praise Him for your unrelenting desire to know and understand EXACTLY what the meanings are.
I rejoice that so many do all they can to make sure they are not deceived, and so protect themselves with great caution.
Some of you are so close to seeing that the reflection is becoming clearer, and this is another sign that the Lord is close to coming, because He is the end, upon His arrival we shall all see face to face and understand fully.
It is a challenge to be patient sometimes, but in truth, somethings must remain a mystery until their time arrives. I praise God He knows when it is time, and even more so that the time will reveal all answers and settle all disputes and all confusion will be wiped away and understanding will be fulfilled and made known.
May our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ bless each and every one of you in your efforts and give unto each and every one of you revelation to understand.
Though we may have differences in these understandings, let us rejoice that we can unite in full agreement and declare:
Jesus Christ is Lord.

Andrew said:
I praise God for all of you who so intently study. I praise Him for your unrelenting desire to know and understand EXACTLY what the meanings are.
I rejoice that so many do all they can to make sure they are not deceived, and so protect themselves with great caution.
Some of you are so close to seeing that the reflection is becoming clearer, and this is another sign that the Lord is close to coming, because He is the end, upon His arrival we shall all see face to face and understand fully.
It is a challenge to be patient sometimes, but in truth, somethings must remain a mystery until their time arrives. I praise God He knows when it is time, and even more so that the time will reveal all answers and settle all disputes and all confusion will be wiped away and understanding will be fulfilled and made known.
May our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ bless each and every one of you in your efforts and give unto each and every one of you revelation to understand.
Though we may have differences in these understandings, let us rejoice that we can unite in full agreement and declare:
Jesus Christ is Lord.

Yes, Amen brother.

All glory to God.

savedbygrace57 said:
One of the many prominent falsehoods of the last day, and characterizes the great apostasy, is the teaching that there will be two different resurrections, one for the righteous at the beginning of a so called 1000 yr millennial reign on earth, then one for the wicked at the end of the millennial reign.

But scripture teaches one resurrection of both the righteous and the wicked, or saved and unsaved at the last day.

Jn 5:

Whoever cannot see this is one general resurrection at once for both the righteous and unrighteous, they are blind as a bat [spiritually]

Jn 11:

24Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.

In the greek we have the article before resurrection, The resurrection, the one and only. The same for last day, the Last Day, the one and only last day.

Falsehoods?

Here’s the order of events:

1. In conjunction with Christ’s second coming, “the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God (Rev. 20: 4),†rise from death to life.

2. These persons “lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years (Ibid.).â€

3. “But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection (Rev. 20: 5).â€

4. “And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison (Rev. 20: 7).â€

5. After Satan is released (after the thousand years), he is “cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever (Rev. 20: 10).â€

6. After Satan is cast into the lake (again, after the thousand years), the sea, death, and hell, “delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works (Rev. 20: 13).â€

7. “And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death (Rev. 20: 14).â€

8. “And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire (Rev. 20: 15).â€

To summarize: Christ returns at His second coming (conclusion of Daniel’s 70th week), upon which, He raises the saints killed during the 70th week. Then, Christ reigns for a thousand years (pretty straightforward, since John says so six times). After the thousand years, the unrepentant dead from the prior ages are raised (resurrected) from death to life, and cast into the lake.

Am I “blind as a bat†to accept this?

References:

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
Revelation 20: 4-7, 10, 13-15

There are 4 different possible destinies for man. Like there are 4 basic directions...north south east and west. The first resurrection is for they who were called to holiness....the Israel of God. God means to rule in and through this Israel so their judgment comes first. Judgment begins at the house of the Lord. Those who are of the household of God and have not run lawfully or have run poorly will be rejected into outer darkness. Those who overcome and remain faithful and fruitful will be kings and priest unto God. They have kept their garments clean.

The other 2 destinies occur at the general resurrection of all the nations (Mat 25). This is the second and last resurrection (after the thousand year reign). Those who did righteously will be redeemed and inhabit the nations. The wicked will be thrown into the lake of fire to perish there.

Then the holy ones will rule over the righteous. The righteous will rule over they who wander in darkness.

This is what the bible presents. There are many allegories in the OT that support this overview. You find these from Genesis through to Revelation.

He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still. Rev. 22:11

There are 4 distinct destinies for men.

Adullam said:
Then the holy ones will rule over the righteous. The righteous will rule over they who wander in darkness.

Thanks Adullam,

You make a number of well-spoken points, although I'm not sure what you mean by the above quote.

Andrew said:

Thanks Andrew

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back