Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Council of Trent and its support of paganism.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
And if they were blind, they at would least have an excuse..

John 9:41
Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.
On the contrary it’s those who reject Christ and His church, and His revelation that are under spiritual blindness!

On the contrary it’s those who reject Christ and His church, and His revelation that are under spiritual blindness!
There's no upvote allowed here but you deserve one!

Rejecting His church is rejecting Him and Him who sent Him as He set up the church!

In the US its seemingly obvious neither was Biden, but if God has a timeline and Trump was not going to meet that timeline then is Biden not dully elected?

That's a secular example, the Pope is in and of the church and so ordained fits perfect

yet you say

It right there in scripture, the powers that be, in this case a Jesuit Pope, are ordained by God, do you not believe scripture?

What are they?
Were they changed in the appropriate manner?

Says you, but you like to hypothesis, lets then hypothesis that his example becomes the new norm and future pontiffs also shun any form of luxurious living, would money then not be perhaps redeemed?

All I hear is how the Jewish leaders must have discussed Christ, He was hated for His doctrine, has it been also for the worse?

Shall we stone him?

or

"I ask forgiveness from those who have been offended by this gesture."

forgive him?

The Bible is not the church, it is in part witness of the church.

The church has a leader, the leader is appointed in and by succession.

The very history of the church is that its leader died for His church,

did He do that for your approval or for your sins?

Do you think the church then exists for your approval or your sins?

What is fulfillment of the law?

So you deem the Pope evil and his actions as strikes on your face?

Do you then protest?

I'm not saying the Pope is evil, and I do not protest the church any longer, after I read my 1611 I wondered why I ever did, I was indoctrinated to do so, but not that I understand when or how exactly,

Lets say the Pope is evil and you do not turn the other cheek and you instead protest,

What do you say of this woman's faith,
Is it more or less biblical than yours?
Well Robert.
You wanted to know why and I explained why.
The rest of your post sounds like you want to have a few rounds.

I'm not up for it.
Believe what makes you happy.

Just remember that church doctrine cannot be changed.

Just remember that most bishops have refused to follow his new ideas.

Well Robert.
You wanted to know why and I explained why.
The rest of your post sounds like you want to have a few rounds.

I'm not up for it.
Believe what makes you happy.

Just remember that church doctrine cannot be changed.

Just remember that most bishops have refused to follow his new ideas.

church doctrine cannot be changed.

most bishops have refused to follow his new ideas.

That's actually exciting!

It may mean a falling away is before us

That's actually exciting!

It may mean a falling away is before us

He's the one falling away.

He's the one falling away.

Hmmm, isn't that presumptuous?

Judging the very law of God?

And if said falsely?

Hmmm, isn't that presumptuous?

Judging the very law of God?

And if said falsely?

Hmmmm.
Maybe you could find out what's going on?

Who's judging the law of God?

The Pope is not God.

The Pope is not God.

Where's that claim made that I need to defend?

882 The Pope, Bishop of Rome and Peter's successor, "is the perpetual and visible source and foundation of the unity both of the bishops and of the whole company of the faithful."402 "For the Roman Pontiff, by reason of his office as Vicar of Christ, and as pastor of the entire Church has full, supreme, and universal power over the whole Church, a power which he can always exercise unhindered."403

Where's that claim made that I need to defend?

Didn't you post 1 Peter 3:16?
A nice quiet way of telling staff they're against God's rules.
Another insult again.

PLEASE FAMILIARIZE YOURSELF WITH THE RULES OF THIS FORUM.
PLEASE FAMILIARIZE YOURSELF WITH THE RULES OF THIS SITE.

A 3 DAY THREAD BAN IS NOW IN EFFECT.

USE TALK WITH STAFF IF NECESSARY.

DO NOT REPLY TO A MODERATOR IN AN OPEN THREAD.

THIS WILL BE GROUNDS FOR AN IMMEDIATE SITE BAN.

Yes, but if the church has gone into apostasy that makes them antichrist and the Reformers saw it...
Church cannot do so or be reformed!

Matt 16:18-19 shall not prevail!
Jn 8:32 Jn 16:13 apostolic church has the truth!

Jn 14:6 Jesus Christ IS our salvation and the truth and the apostolic church does not require scripture to know the truth, he taught them in person

Hi Fran.

In post 19 you write:

'This Pope has changed at least 3 (doctrines) that come to mind immediately'

Which ones?

Blessings.
Remarried couples can now receive communion.
This could only be done in the past if a marriage was annuled and there are just a few reasons why a marriage can be annuled. Otherwise it lasts forever. It would be like 2 persons living together and still being able to receive communion.
This happened back in 2015 If I remember, and I could see more coming.

He changed the doctrine of the death penalty. The church has always been in favor of it. I don't know enough about this to discuss it. He has declared a change in doctrine and the church now condemns it.

He has OKd blessing to gay couples. A couple means 2 persons. They're trying to explain it away but Bishops around the world (and all those in Africa) have declared that they will no longer follow his teachings or honor the changes he makes.

(it's impossible to bless a sin).

This could only be done in the past if a marriage was annuled and there are just a few reasons why a marriage can be annuled. Otherwise it lasts forever. It would be like 2 persons living together and still being able to receive communion.

He changed the doctrine of the death penalty. The church has always been in favor of it. I don't know enough about this to discuss it. He has declared a change in doctrine and the church now condemns it.

He has OKd blessing to gay couples. A couple means 2 persons. They're trying to explain it away but Bishops around the world (and all those in Africa) have declared that they will no longer follow his teachings or honor the changes he makes.

Hi Fran.

Many thanks for your reply. Am working on a response. Insha'Allah, I'll come back to you soon!

May the Beloved grant you His love; the love of those who love Him; and a love of deeds that will drawer you closer to Him.

Hi Fran.

Many thanks for your reply. Am working on a response. Insha'Allah, I'll come back to you soon!

May the Beloved grant you His love; the love of those who love Him; and a love of deeds that will drawer you closer to Him.
Am interested in your reply.
Blessings
:)

Working to defend with what you provided is:

#1 Annulment was streamlined

#2 Death penalty text was made more clear

#3 Gays

a blessing may be imparted that not only has an ascending value but also involves the invocation of a blessing that descends from God upon those who—recognizing themselves to be destitute and in need of his help—do not claim a legitimation of their own status, but who beg that all that is true, good, and humanly valid in their lives and their relationships be enriched, healed, and elevated by the presence of the Holy Spirit

but Bishops around the world (and all those in Africa) have declared that they will no longer follow his teachings or honor the changes he makes.

So we have the 1st schism with the East 1054

Then a 2nd with the reformation 1500+

And you propose now a 3rd beginning?
Timing seems legit.

Lets look at this like that, in three's, omne trium perfectum

The apostles notice of gentiles being clean

The denial of Jesus by Simon

And his as I perceive, act of contrition and penance to feed the lambs/sheep

Perhaps a 3rd schism means the falling away is done?

But we are short one element you seem to refer belongs to the Pope

The Pope does not do that.

He comes instead a power ordained by God, do you resist that?

So you see the order of three no?

And order throughout scripture

Yet you deny order in the Church?

Despite the warnings?

The Pope, Simon Peter being the first, 2k years ago received an important job, as a porter, with the power to make new rules or change existing ones.

What will you do if you find this true?

Will you repent?

Or like Pharaoh remain hard hearted throughout the coming plaques?

I pray the former.

Back