Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

The Derailing Thread

What's your favorite food KevinK?
I am part Italian, (my mother is a loud Sicilian lol) and so I really like Italian, but I also love asian food.
I don't like Mexican that much. It's cheap, and I ate it a lot when I was a kid.

(I'm thinking about food cause we don't have much, lol. We got lucky and Matt's parents bought us two gallons of milk.)

I'm not going to stress it. I'm taking another sample test right now. For the JLPT, failure is an option. You just retake it the next year. A lot of people fail. In fact, for the N5, only 50% of the people who register show up for the test (or leave before it's over), and of that 50%, only half get a passing grade.

What's your favorite food KevinK?
I am part Italian, (my mother is a loud Sicilian lol) and so I really like Italian, but I also love asian food.
I don't like Mexican that much. It's cheap, and I ate it a lot when I was a kid.

(I'm thinking about food cause we don't have much, lol. We got lucky and Matt's parents bought us two gallons of milk.)
I doubt if I have a favorite. Chinese, Japanese, love Italian, Mex is good. I suppose if you threw sushi at me for the rest of my life I would not complain. I eat at my parents' house a lot (they're only a mile away).

That's funny! We eat with Matt's parents a lot. They live a couple blocks away from us. Every other Wednesday we cook for each other. Tomorrow is our turn... I'm gonna make waffles and eggs cause we don't have anything else lol. My mom bought me a waffle iron several years ago and I use it all the time.

I quit. I'm going home. Im handing my work notice in. I'm over this crap. My hearts not where I live and work right now. The systems dragging me down, I don't like the city life, I'm out of my comfort zone.

I been in the city too long. Two years two long. I'm out.

They can try brainwash others with there temptations and keep them in chains but not me. I'm a free spirit.

The system got me. It had me in a headlock but I have come to my senses. I'm out. I'm going fishing then I will do some casual work because it costs to live. I'm going back to semi retirement. Lol.

Semi retirement means your broke as a joke but you work part time doing seasonal work to survive and pay the bills, then you go camping and fishing the other 50% and have a good time and enjoy life with no distractions.

Last edited:
I worked in San Francisco's Financial District for 10 years. I know the system. I don't miss it and I don't blame you.

Last edited:
I quit. I'm going home. Im handing my work notice in. I'm over this crap. My hearts not where I live and work right now. The systems dragging me down, I don't like the city life, I'm out of my comfort zone.

I been in the city too long. Two years two long. I'm out.

They can try brainwash others with there temptations and keep them in chains but not me. I'm a free spirit.

The system got me. It had me in a headlock but I have come to my senses. I'm out. I'm going fishing then I will do some casual work because it costs to live. I'm going back to semi retirement. Lol.

Semi retirement means your broke as a joke but you work part time doing seasonal work to survive and pay the bills, then you go camping and fishing the other 50% and have a good time and enjoy life with no distractions.
Good for you!

Good for you!

It could just be excuses. I had a talk to my brother and he put me in my place.

I'm stubborn.

Maybe i just stay, overcome temptation, buy a boat, and go chase some marlin and tuna here.

Its just hard in unknown waters. I have to start fresh, new fishing style, new fishing technique, and new knowledge. Its heartbreaking. I mastered my reguon in fishing, it took me over 10 years all day every day, now im in unknown territory, I haven't even bothered fishing here in two years and they catch monsters and there is world class fish here. I must humble myself.

Last edited:
I see.
I can understand why you would want to be outside in the fresh air fishing and having odd jobs rather than being stuck in a city. Definitely a lot more freedom.

I have pine scented wax melting right now. It's so nice. I'll get some more for Christmas. You can get them at Walmart for 2 dollars each. There are many scents.

KevinK
I'm practice writing hiragana.
My question is what order should I memorize the hiragana, katakana, and kanji?
I would say exactly that order (how I did it). There's only 46 hiragana (which are used more than katakana) and 48 katakana, giving you ability to write any Japanese word. Kanji, on the ordinary hand number 2-3000 as everday kanji, with a few thousand more used for occasional use.

I would say exactly that order (how I did it). There's only 46 hiragana (which are used more than katakana) and 48 katakana, giving you ability to write any Japanese word. Kanji, on the ordinary hand number 2-3000 as everday kanji, with a few thousand more used for occasional use.
Sounds like Gregg shorthand.
I write it at 120 words per minute. Well, maybe not that fast anymore.
Used to read magazines in Gregg. I used to resent having to write normally and have often wondered why everyone can't just learn a shorthand. It would save so much time and effort.

Examples:

) this is FOR, if you shorten it becomes IS
( this stands for the sound P
/ this is IT or AT, if you lengthen it becomes DID or WOULD
____ MORE
__ IN

It takes years to get the speed. Unless you devote your life to it - maybe it could be done in 12 to 18 months. It took me 3 years.

Is it possible to give some examples?

Hi wondering! How ya been?
To tell the truth Angel, I've been better.
It's autumn. My worst season. Everything is dying. The clothes don't dry anymore - the sun is loosing it's strength.
My brother was visiting and he left and that makes me be sad for days.
But I'll get over it, of course.
It's not so much that you can't see these persons but the distance involved. You know that no matter how much you'd like to spend some time with them and see them, you can't.

I know people here with family in London. They go 2 or 3 times a year. It's close so if you really want to you can get on a plane and be there in about 1 1/2 hours. Not bad.

How are you? How's the weather where you are? Do you have an autumn? A winter?
I grew up in NYC and should be used to this, but I'm not.
I always thought Georgia might be a nice place to live for the weather.
I'm told San Francisco is perfect, but I wouldn't move there. Too far from Italy. I need Italy.
Florida seems too hot all the time.
What do you think?

Wondering

Back