Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

The Derailing Thread

Do you know if the wiring is in series or parallel, by any chance? If in series, one burnt-out bulb can shut down all the other ones on the same circuit.

Since I'm a guy, I can offer only technical assistance and am genetically incapable of rendering any meaningful amount of emotional support during times of crisis such as this.:wink

Therefore, an easy way to test: you say you have a working string of Christmas lights? Unplug it, then remove any one of the bulbs (Careful! This is about to become a live, open socket). Set the socket down carefully, then replug the string.
  • Do all the lights stay off? If so, you have series wiring, and the problem with your other string is probably a single, burnt-out bulb.
  • Do the remainder of the lights come back on? If so, you have parallel wiring, and the problem with your first string is something more complicated.
Remember to unplug your "test" string and place the bulb back in so you don't leave a live, open socket lying around!

Last edited:
I was worried, my Ranger had developed a grinding/vibration over the past several weeks. Took it to the garage yesterday on my way to the airport and said, "Find it and call me, I'll be back Friday..."

They called today, he didn't even wait for me to approve the repair cause he had it fixed in under two hours - right front wheel bearing. $202 and it's over.

I was so surprised, I told him to take it back inside, flush the coolant, and change the differential and transmission fluids. (I guess I can't bear to pay a $202 repair bill, it's GOTTA cost more than that, now it will.) ------------ but seriously, folks, NOW is the time to get the thing fixed up, cause soon, I'll be driving that truck to work every day. YES, the week after week of travel is gonna come to an end!

We all know my little car is pretty - but can you admit my 11 year old truck looks nice as well??? :)

View attachment 10484

I was worried, my Ranger had developed a grinding/vibration over the past several weeks. Took it to the garage yesterday on my way to the airport and said, "Find it and call me, I'll be back Friday..."

They called today, he didn't even wait for me to approve the repair cause he had it fixed in under two hours - right front wheel bearing. $202 and it's over.

I was so surprised, I told him to take it back inside, flush the coolant, and change the differential and transmission fluids. (I guess I can't bear to pay a $202 repair bill, it's GOTTA cost more than that, now it will.) ------------ but seriously, folks, NOW is the time to get the thing fixed up, cause soon, I'll be driving that truck to work every day. YES, the week after week of travel is gonna come to an end!

We all know my little car is pretty - but can you admit my 11 year old truck looks nice as well??? :)

View attachment 10484

4x4?

No, "Edge" package. The "Edge" package is a 2x4 truck with the lift and suspension of the 4WD.

I had no clue they made such an animal until I brought this one home and asked on the Ranger forum why it said "Edge" on it and why it looked and handled like a 4WD. The guy said they increased sales a LOT by doing this, the "Edge" option was around $600.

No, "Edge" package. The "Edge" package is a 2x4 truck with the lift and suspension of the 4WD.

I had no clue they made such an animal until I brought this one home and asked on the Ranger forum why it said "Edge" on it and why it looked and handled like a 4WD. The guy said they increased sales a LOT by doing this, the "Edge" option was around $600.
they sell them here as 4x4 as well . yours has the torsion bar suspension. 4.0 with that silly high price thermostat. enjoy fixing that thing. easy to get to but man its a lot of mullah for that part.

Back