Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

The Derailing Thread

:D.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-MOoolzHLS...MI/s1600/Sardine-Can-Survival-Kit-600x353.jpg
Sardine-Can-Survival-Kit-600x353.jpg

Is that a dog I thought it was Dan wearing a balaclava after an all night fishing binge. :D

If you hold a bottle rocket in one hand and a lit lighter in the other hand 2 feet directly below the fuse, it will light and go off. I've known this since I was 13. If you try this for yourself, don't be inside with your mother watching when you do it.

The TOG​

If you hold a bottle rocket in one hand and a lit lighter in the other hand 2 feet directly below the fuse, it will light and go off. I've known this since I was 13. If you try this for yourself, don't be inside with your mother watching when you do it.

The TOG​

What did your Mother say to you when you set it off?

What did your Mother say to you when you set it off?

I think it was "Aaaarrrrrggggghhhhh!!!!", or at lest something along those lines. Fortunately, I remained calm enough not to panic and didn't let go, but I wasn't thinking clearly enough to just pull the fuse out. I ran with the rocket to the kitchen and saw that there was a bowl full of water in the sink. I shoved the rocket into the water and breathed a sigh of relief, thinking it was all over. After the explosion, little pieces of the "unbreakable" bowl were found about 20 feet away. I didn't get to shoot off any more fireworks that New Year's Eve. Not the most fun time to be sent to your room, but I was lucky the glass didn't hit my eyes.

The TOG​

I think it was "Aaaarrrrrggggghhhhh!!!!", or at lest something along those lines. Fortunately, I remained calm enough not to panic and didn't let go, but I wasn't thinking clearly enough to just pull the fuse out. I ran with the rocket to the kitchen and saw that there was a bowl full of water in the sink. I shoved the rocket into the water and breathed a sigh of relief, thinking it was all over. After the explosion, little pieces of the "unbreakable" bowl were found about 20 feet away. I didn't get to shoot off any more fireworks that New Year's Eve. Not the most fun time to be sent to your room, but I was lucky the glass didn't hit my eyes.

The TOG​

I don't know if you are familiar with "Calvin & Hobbes", Calvin would have loved that scene!

I don't know if you are familiar with "Calvin & Hobbes", Calvin would have loved that scene!

I love Calvin and Hobbes. He really would have loved that if he could have been there. At least, the cartoon character would have loved it. Both Calvin and Hobbes are named after theologians. I don't know if they would have liked it. But then again, who says all theologians have to be stuffy academics? I once read that Martin Luther's favorite pastime was to sit in a pub drinking beer with his friends while they talked about God. As he got older, it got harder for him to get up in time for the morning service at 6:00 AM, so he moved it 7:00 AM. But he kept getting older and he later moved the service 8:00 then 9:00, then 10:00 and finally to 11:00 AM. That was the latest he could have it and still call it a morning service, so that's where it stopped. And now you know why nearly all church services start at 11:00 AM.

The TOG​

My dog ate one of my pet fish one time. I had buried him in the back yard after he died, my dog dug him up and swallowed.

I love Calvin and Hobbes. He really would have loved that if he could have been there. At least, the cartoon character would have loved it. Both Calvin and Hobbes are named after theologians. I don't know if they would have liked it. But then again, who says all theologians have to be stuffy academics? I once read that Martin Luther's favorite pastime was to sit in a pub drinking beer with his friends while they talked about God. As he got older, it got harder for him to get up in time for the morning service at 6:00 AM, so he moved it 7:00 AM. But he kept getting older and he later moved the service 8:00 then 9:00, then 10:00 and finally to 11:00 AM. That was the latest he could have it and still call it a morning service, so that's where it stopped. And now you know why nearly all church services start at 11:00 AM.

The TOG​
I couldn't imagine beer and jesus in a pub happening today.in Germany, yes but not in 'merica.

I should fish, its not like I don't live near the river nor ocean. but I just don't care too.

Back