Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

The Derailing Thread

My hole arm is swollen and sore. It looks funny today. I have 1 skinny arm and 1 fat arm.
if you have any vinegar or coconut oil, use either one or both liberally on the sting area and it might help a lot.
also take vit c if you are able to. every 30 minutes, to lessen problems.

8ff457e243620f988c199352056df2e9.jpg
My son and I put together 1000 piece collage jigsaw puzzles.We just put this one together.It was fun.Did you know that putting together jigsaw puzzles is good exercise for the brain?

8ff457e243620f988c199352056df2e9.jpg
My son and I put together 1000 piece collage jigsaw puzzles.We just put this one together.It was fun.Did you know that putting together jigsaw puzzles is good exercise for the brain?

That doesn't surprise me (about the brain). If you want more mental exercise, why don't you go over to the Math Game thread? I still haven't figured the newest one out.

The TOG​

Off to have some fish and chips.I am craving them right now. :dancing

How many here remember Arthur Treacher's Fish And Chips? Here's an interesting bit of trivia about it... Arthur Treacher, for whom the chain was named, was neither the founder nor owner of the chain, but the actor who played the constable in Mary Poppins.

The TOG​

Arthur Treacher's used to be a big chain all over the US. Now they only have 45 stores in only 8 states. You can read more about them in this Wikipedia article. The article also explains why they named a fish n' chips chain after the constable in Mary Poppins.

The TOG​

There are no mods on the board right now?I did not know that could happen on a messageboard.I thought there had to always be someone watching.p
Big Brother took a break?!?! This must be a sign that the end is near!
“Big Brother” is not a mod. However, Big Brother is always watching and he never takes a break.
Here's an interesting bit of trivia...the actor who played the constable in Mary Poppins.
“Mary Poppins” is yet another New Age production from Disney, created by P. L. Travers.

In the book, A Lively Oracle: A Centennial Celebration of P. L. Travers, Creator of Mary Poppins, Travers said she didn’t create Mary Poppins, but discovered her.

W. B. Yeats translated the Upanishads, which was to have a profound influence on Travers, as did Hindu mythology and Buddhism, the lore of the Navajo Indians, and Jungian psychology. Travers wrote numerous poems and articles for well-known journals (later in life, she wrote mainly Jungian articles for Parabola magazine) as well as books, among which are seven Mary Poppins stories produced between 1934 and 1988.

“Mary Poppins” is a metaphor for new age transformation, e. g. the symbolism of the east wind, discerning the nature of free will, exploring moon magic at the zoo, discovering the magic of the sun, and finding one’s shadow on Hallowe’en -- decidedly un-Christian values.

“Mary Poppins” is a metaphor for new age transformation, e. g. the symbolism of the east wind, discerning the nature of free will, exploring moon magic at the zoo, discovering the magic of the sun, and finding one’s shadow on Hallowe’en -- decidedly un-Christian values.

You must have seen a different movie than the one I saw. In the movie starring Julie Andrews and Dick Van Dyke, there is only one mention of the zoo when the children are missing, and it's just a question of whether they might have gone there. Immediately after that there's a mention of the lions at the zoo. No "moon magic". No sun magic either or Halloween. None of what you mention is in the Disney movie. While there is magic, including jumping into chalk pavement pictures, having a tea party on the ceiling and a nursery that tidies itself up, similar things can be said of many stories most Christians wouldn't hesitate to tell their kids, such as Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty and Snow White. Even though many adults seem to have a problem with it, most kids realize that all of this is just imaginary and none of it is really possible.

The TOG​

You must have seen a different movie than the one I saw. In the movie starring Julie Andrews and Dick Van Dyke...None of what you mention is in the Disney movie.
Same flick; it's all in there.
...many stories most Christians wouldn't hesitate to tell their kids...all of this is just imaginary and none of it is really possible.
People have forgotten God's counsel in that such vain imaginations are to be cast down.

Same flick; it's all in there.

People have forgotten God's counsel in that such vain imaginations are to be cast down.

I feel sorry for your kids if you have any. What's wrong with having a bit of fun and using your imagination? It didn't hurt me any. Is all of life supposed to be serious from day one?

The TOG​

I feel sorry for your kids if you have any. What's wrong with having a bit of fun and using your imagination? It didn't hurt me any. Is all of life supposed to be serious from day one?

And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve...but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

Back