Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

The Derailing Thread

0a92d9813ca763ccedaf801e8948275e.jpg
Cool tree house. Me Jane :biggrin2

Last edited:
What does it mean that their are robots on the messageboard?
5f88a5f54a7e1a9d69c9e624cb52b22f.jpg
:lol

Most of them are probably search engines, but some might be programs that the government has to monitor our every move. The one in that picture is probably the latter.

The TOG​

I hope he loved her so much that he brought her with him.
contrary to what some say, soldiers are known even in the midst of hell to great feats of mercy and compassion. I know men whom tried to take pet dogs back to America and did just that.they found them and nurtured them and took them back to the states. I also know of the enemy being injured in a fight and captured and needing blood and soldiers donating blood to them.

In my first action there were some Vietnamese enemy killed. We
were back on a firebase with bodies. I said to the battalion commander,
“Before…the slick [helicopter] comes in to take them away
for whatever intelligence purpose they have, I would like very
much to have a memorial service for these two dead enemy soldiers….
It’s important to remind soldiers that these soldiers had
mothers,
wives, and sweethearts who grieve and whose hopes had
been
dashed. We pray for the enemy. All of us must learn to love
the
enemy. As a Chaplain or as a pastor in the military or in a civilian
context, I cannot abide trying to make myself believe, or the
people
whom I serve, believe that my enemies are the enemies of
God.”
This position got me into a little trouble. But it set a new
tone
for how we behave with prisoners and how we treated the
dead.”

http://www.baylor.edu/ifl/christianreflection/PeaceandWararticleSterling.pdf

while I understand what that is saying in part. since Im trained in corrections for the military. I wouldn't call army chow edible nor prison food. they cook it themselves. the facility provides them with the kitchen, food, but they don't cook it. no extra fruits, no extra stuff unless purchased through the commissary or other things.

Someone in prison can get free medical care,three free meals a day.And I am talking expensive surgeries paid like Open Heart Surgery.Then you have your person who is working full time trying to support the family and maybe no medical benefits.They have a medical emergency and they are paying for it for maybe the rest of their life.

Someone in prison can get free medical care,three free meals a day.And I am talking expensive surgeries paid like Open Heart . Surgery.Then you have your person who is working full time trying to support the family and maybe no medical benefits.They have a medical emergency and they are paying for it for maybe the rest of their life.
duh, its called human rights. we have to take care of them in prision. people do enter into jail pregnant, and also its considered moral to take care of the inmates. would want yourself to be pregnant and then commit a crime and get no medical care because you cant work? you made a mistake and now are under the states care for food and water. that is why they do that. I understand what you are saying but with mimes , often the case is more complex then we often read. far more.

im sure if I commited the crime of adultery and was confined for 50 days in an military facility and you heard of my death from a disease you would be upset.

nursing homes take property oftens as collateral. the better ones do that and they take care of them. its not an easy fix, nor cheap one. if people donated more to the poor and gave, some of that would go away. if the doctors. big pharma, weren't greedy. that would go far. if lawsuits were limited that would help. if the government didn't get involved in the way it does and making it worse, it would help.

There is a cherry tomato plant in my living room window. I've already had two "harvests", and it looks like I'll have another before the week is through. Does that make me a farmer?

The TOG​

There is a cherry tomato plant in my living room window. I've already had two "harvests", and it looks like I'll have another before the week is through. Does that make me a farmer?

The TOG​
Yes it does minus the barn and cow pies.

Back