Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The DSM III

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Therapy for a large chunk of it. Support groups, diet changes, exercise, some people sign up for programs or non prophets to get access to care givers that can help with people on the more extreme side of say Autism or dysphoria. Some types if dysphoria ( like gender dysphoria) can be treated with hormones, but can also be treated with group therapy or lifestyle changes.

Non prophets? People that don't prophecy? That sounds slightly weird and I don;t see the connection.

But anyway, how do they know these people are sick or have a disorder if there is no biological link?

Non prophets? People that don't prophecy? That sounds slightly weird and I don;t see the connection.
LOL, nonprofits. My auto correct gets me all the time. You can tell if I'm at my computer or phone based on the typos.

But anyway, how do they know these people are sick or have a disorder if there is no biological link?
Generally when someone seeks out psychiatry or other mental health services is because either a concerned guardian or the person is having issues. So the Dr. or nurse practitioner will start by establishing a medical history, family history, and ask questions based on how you feel and how long and often you have these feelings.

The psychiatrist is look8ng for patterns that line up with what is known to associate with specific disorders. Basicly the counselor is trying to see if this is a long time issue or just something temporary.

Now nuerologists are continuing research to find what is causing these disorders and to help figure out what is yhe best treatment. ADHD and Autism have both seen a lot of research. Some disorders like Schizophrenia and OCD are still being figured out wich is why those meds mostly mask rather than treat. More research is needed.

Basicly the reason why we don't have a biological root is because the root hasn't been found. Some disorders like ptsd are caused by Trauma and Dr. And scientists are still researching to figure out the why.

LOL, nonprofits. My auto correct gets me all the time. You can tell if I'm at my computer or phone based on the typos.

Generally when someone seeks out psychiatry or other mental health services is because either a concerned guardian or the person is having issues. So the Dr. or nurse practitioner will start by establishing a medical history, family history, and ask questions based on how you feel and how long and often you have these feelings.

The psychiatrist is look8ng for patterns that line up with what is known to associate with specific disorders. Basicly the counselor is trying to see if this is a long time issue or just something temporary.

Now nuerologists are continuing research to find what is causing these disorders and to help figure out what is yhe best treatment. ADHD and Autism have both seen a lot of research. Some disorders like Schizophrenia and OCD are still being figured out wich is why those meds mostly mask rather than treat. More research is needed.

Basicly the reason why we don't have a biological root is because the root hasn't been found. Some disorders like ptsd are caused by Trauma and Dr. And scientists are still researching to figure out the why.

Yeah I know you meant non profits, lol. I could you right out what causes these disorders, but you can't accept it yet. To be clear I think Psychiatry is a total farce and there are no disorders (organic disorders notwithstanding).

But! I do believe many people have mental problems. When you said you've worked with the professionals who diagnose, and treat disorders...did you mean as a paatient or the other side of the table? Because that was unclear. But havent you said before that you do have so sort of disorder? If not I apologize but if so, how did they diagnose you?

Yeah I know you meant non profits, lol. I could you right out what causes these disorders, but you can't accept it yet. To be clear I think Psychiatry is a total farce and there are no disorders (organic disorders notwithstanding).

But! I do believe many people have mental problems. When you said you've worked with the professionals who diagnose, and treat disorders...did you mean as a paatient or the other side of the table? Because that was unclear. But havent you said before that you do have so sort of disorder? If not I apologize but if so, how did they diagnose you?
i have ADHD and a general Depression/anxiety disorder. I have worked takings care of special needs adults for a couple Nonprofits and had to work with Doctors regularly.

I was diagnosed with ADHD at around 10 because I showed signs of executive disfunction [not being able to get myself tonpay attention or complete tasks without succumbing to distraction no matter how hard I tried] and hyper fixation [ showing signs of being able to devote tons of energy on very niche subjects]

I was not treated for it until adulthood because my parents at the time didn't know whether I really had it. This was during the riddlen craze so I don't blame them.

My depression showed up when I was still Christian around middle school. I dealt with that for years where no matter what I would do I would go through bouts of time where I just hated myself and had no energy to do anything.

When I became an adult and while working with special needs adults I took advantage of therapy session and talked with a psychiatrist I trusted. After establishing a medical history and several tests I was diagnosed with depression and started taking medication.

It was a process that took months of interviews and trying Non medication treatments first.

i have ADHD and a general Depression/anxiety disorder. I have worked takings care of special needs adults for a couple Nonprofits and had to work with Doctors regularly.

I was diagnosed with ADHD at around 10 because I showed signs of executive disfunction [not being able to get myself tonpay attention or complete tasks without succumbing to distraction no matter how hard I tried] and hyper fixation [ showing signs of being able to devote tons of energy on very niche subjects]

I was not treated for it until adulthood because my parents at the time didn't know whether I really had it. This was during the riddlen craze so I don't blame them.

My depression showed up when I was still Christian around middle school. I dealt with that for years where no matter what I would do I would go through bouts of time where I just hated myself and had no energy to do anything.

When I became an adult and while working with special needs adults I took advantage of therapy session and talked with a psychiatrist I trusted. After establishing a medical history and several tests I was diagnosed with depression and started taking medication.

It was a process that took months of interviews and trying Non medication treatments first.

What kind of tests?

What kind of tests?
For adhd it was focus based tests. Depression doesn't have tests, but I do have to meet every 3 months and we establish how my mood is or changed. If I have enough recordable side effects we either discontinue the meds or change them.

For adhd it was focus based tests. Depression doesn't have tests, but I do have to meet every 3 months and we establish how my mood is or changed. If I have enough recordable side effects we either discontinue the meds or change them.

So what you're saying is that in all actuality the diagnosis was in the personal judgement of your doctor. Would that be a correct statement?
If not why not?

My dad sent me a copy of this book years ago. I've read it a lot but by no means have read the entire thing, lol. This book is the Diagnostic & Statistical Manual for mental disorders and I thought it was a piece of crap when I read it.

This book is dangerous because it perpetuates athe lie of Psychiatry. The way they word things in it, you could diagnose your dog or anyone with a mental disorder. This book just felt like crap reading it. I didn't know why, it was just a feeling. Now a Psychiatric professional agrees with me and tells why.

Oh my God, Tom Cruise was right, lol. Finally.

There is no biological connection to the lions share of mental disorders, only the organic disorders which are very rare.

Question: How would make the Psychiatry industry thrive?

Answer: By getting people to believe that they have a mental disorder. Do not tell yourself that you have a mental disorder.

It was just a feeling I had. Intuition. But I'm right and here's the evidence for it. Voting is not even scientific, lol.

Big Pharma only perpetuates mental illness which case by spirits of darkness.

If the Gaderene demoniac were encountered today they would heavily sedate him and put him in a straight jacket and lock him away in an asylum.

Then they came to the other side of the sea, to the country of the Gadarenes. And when He had come out of the boat, immediately there met Him out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit, who had his dwelling among the tombs; and no one could bind him, not even with chains, because he had often been bound with shackles and chains. And the chains had been pulled apart by him, and the shackles broken in pieces; neither could anyone tame him. And always, night and day, he was in the mountains and in the tombs, crying out and cutting himself with stones.
When he saw Jesus from afar, he ran and worshiped Him. And he cried out with a loud voice and said, “What have I to do with You, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I implore You by God that You do not torment me.”
For He said to him, “Come out of the man, unclean spirit!
Mark 5:1-8

And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; Mark 16:15-17

JLB

Big Pharma only perpetuates mental illness which case by spirits of darkness.

If the Gaderene demoniac were encountered today they would heavily sedate him and put him in a straight jacket and lock him away in an asylum.

Then they came to the other side of the sea, to the country of the Gadarenes. And when He had come out of the boat, immediately there met Him out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit, who had his dwelling among the tombs; and no one could bind him, not even with chains, because he had often been bound with shackles and chains. And the chains had been pulled apart by him, and the shackles broken in pieces; neither could anyone tame him. And always, night and day, he was in the mountains and in the tombs, crying out and cutting himself with stones.
When he saw Jesus from afar, he ran and worshiped Him. And he cried out with a loud voice and said, “What have I to do with You, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I implore You by God that You do not torment me.”
For He said to him, “Come out of the man, unclean spirit!
Mark 5:1-8

And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; Mark 16:15-17

JLB

That's exactly right. I think what's going on with Psychiatry is they talk the patient into admitting that they have a problem in this way or that way, then making those statements very probably invites unclean spirits into ones self. The tongue has the power of life and death. So by speaking....I have this disorder, I have that disorder (because the trust their doctor and he gives them a promise of help). So it becomes their reality through demonic spirits.

We have on this board quite a few people who routinely admit, I have this I have that referring to mental problems, anxiety or whatever. But they are creating the reality of it for themselves. And the doctors are eating this up because now they should prescribe some pills for them and can say, I am helping this patient!

If you pay attention to the board you'll see another class of members that used to have this or that disorder, but have been saved and healed by the blood of Christ and testify to this and even go as far as, identifying with Christ rather than their perceived disorder.

There is a marked difference between these two types of people. The new Christians are humble and soft spoken and you can see and hear Christ in them as they talk.

The "sick ones" are not humble in the least and sometimes not even polite. They demand that their disorder be recognized! I'm sick! I have this so I require special considerations! But lest we forget that man is a loophole creature. Whatever loophole is available people will use as a crutch for life. To obtain an easier station in life. Or to use as an excuse for living a non Christian lifestyle.

This is what sin does to the world. To the people. Like the rudder on a ship, a small thing but controls the direction of ones big life. These people, deep down inside know that it is a lie that they are sick. but they repeat the lies so often that more and more evil spirits come and pretty soon, they do have a real big problem. Some of these people will start screaming for specialized justice (even if they claim to be a Believer) in order to steer the converstion from truth into the worlds lie.

What you speak, think about and dwell on, is creating this problems for (them). They don't really want to believe it because of, different reasons. Why wont professed Christians identify with God but choose to identify with their enemy?

Sin. Not Psychiatry. Psychiatry is a lie. It is demonic in nature.

Reactions: JLB
That's exactly right. I think what's going on with Psychiatry is they talk the patient into admitting that they have a problem in this way or that way, then making those statements very probably invites unclean spirits into ones self. The tongue has the power of life and death. So by speaking....I have this disorder, I have that disorder (because the trust their doctor and he gives them a promise of help). So it becomes their reality through demonic spirits.

We have on this board quite a few people who routinely admit, I have this I have that referring to mental problems, anxiety or whatever. But they are creating the reality of it for themselves. And the doctors are eating this up because now they should prescribe some pills for them and can say, I am helping this patient!

If you pay attention to the board you'll see another class of members that used to have this or that disorder, but have been saved and healed by the blood of Christ and testify to this and even go as far as, identifying with Christ rather than their perceived disorder.

There is a marked difference between these two types of people. The new Christians are humble and soft spoken and you can see and hear Christ in them as they talk.

The "sick ones" are not humble in the least and sometimes not even polite. They demand that their disorder be recognized! I'm sick! I have this so I require special considerations! But lest we forget that man is a loophole creature. Whatever loophole is available people will use as a crutch for life. To obtain an easier station in life. Or to use as an excuse for living a non Christian lifestyle.

This is what sin does to the world. To the people. Like the rudder on a ship, a small thing but controls the direction of ones big life. These people, deep down inside know that it is a lie that they are sick. but they repeat the lies so often that more and more evil spirits come and pretty soon, they do have a real big problem. Some of these people will start screaming for specialized justice (even if they claim to be a Believer) in order to steer the converstion from truth into the worlds lie.

What you speak, think about and dwell on, is creating this problems for (them). They don't really want to believe it because of, different reasons. Why wont professed Christians identify with God but choose to identify with their enemy?

Sin. Not Psychiatry. Psychiatry is a lie. It is demonic in nature.

Well said. :salute

I like Lester Summerall. Oh he has some good testimonies.

And there's Gods sense of humor being evudent, lol. Poor Lester went into his situations blind, not knowing what was going on! I know the feeling.

It is written, speak to the mountain. I wonder how many of our resident people who have disorders, have ever spoken to their disorder and claimed the Blood of Jesus to their disorder so it would have to leave?

That's what scripture says to do. I'm guessing not any of them becuse these types would not want this sort of spiritual advice. Probably because they have a favorite sin.

Reactions: JLB
So what you're saying is that in all actuality the diagnosis was in the personal judgement of your doctor. Would that be a correct statement?
If not why not?
That's an interesting way of phrasing it. Doctors in all medical fields have to use their personal judgements and experience. I am free to get a second opinion. I would say that it's more that my Dr correlated a lot of symptoms I had with what is know in psychiatry and together we are seeing what works. I can refuse any of the treatments and a second opinion can alter.my diagnosis.

Psychiatry is not about truth or developing into an upstanding citizen. On a good day -- especially with the cash only, no insurance shrinks -- its about a patient getting good pills, some friendly chit chat, and occasionally an ally in legal proceedings (costs extra, but...yeah...). more often...

its about deliberate destruction of human beings, and its rooted in lies. "mental illness" ? yeah...about that...

I do the vitamin thing, right? Right. Developed -by- a 50s Canadian shrink. He also had a PhD in biochemistry. OK. So, reading over his writings (Hoffer), it became clear...he never listened to Thomas Szasz, lol. He writes things like "these supplements, occasional counseling...help people get better, need fewer pills or no pills, move on with life, be healthy...why are so many psychiatrists sticking to drugs, all drugs, all the time?," when really...

now and then, one will run into a well intentioned human being in the mental health industry. more counselors than anybody else. I think...once people earn a PhD, an MD/DO...there's an element of -pride- and also of...vested interest. They're "one of the boys," now, and they're not about to rock the boat. OK...

Psychiatry is about profiteering off of fake diseases. Distress is real. Sedatives calm people down, stimulants perk people up, tranquilizers can temporarily simmer down intense emotions and distress. and I ask you all: why do we need a medical specialty pretty much dedicated to drugs that sedate, tranquilize, or stimulate the brain?

because its not really about treatment. its about control, money, power, labels...easier to make someone into a "mental patient" than deal with larger social and economic issues, plus...who cares about "mental patients," anyway?

but yeah. I do think most mental health, inc. is -un-Biblical- . The only honest counselor I ever had was a Christian, and he said "look, these shrinks basically ruined your life. You need a miracle." boom. a couple of years later, I came to my senses, and...

in Christ, I can bear up under....life, on the correct side of The Cross...much, much, much better. I think about that counselor, now and then...why he sticks in the industry he has come to despise. I think...you do grad school, have kids, all that...what else is there -to do- ? Jesus saves. I think maybe he keeps on, thinking that maybe he can at least...help, in the short to medium run of things? -shrug-

but yeah. Ideally, say no to psychiatry. Can't sleep, too keyed up to leave the house...family doctors can prescribe pills in the short term. They're usually good about doing labs, weight, all that, and they tend to avoid the crazy cocktails shrinks are notorious for putting people on. :)

Back