Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

The "EVENTS" of salvation.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
The scriptures are the Logos.

Faith does not come by reading the Logos, but rather by hearing the Rhema voice of God speaking to us.

• Rhema - that which is or has been uttered by the living voice, thing spoken, word

Man does not live [have eternal life] by bread alone but on every word [Rhema] that proceeds out of the mouth of God.

But He answered and said, “It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word [Rhema] that proceeds from the mouth of God. Matthew 4:4

This was true before Moses wrote the Torah.

4 And I will make your descendants multiply as the stars of heaven; I will give to your descendants all these lands; and in your seed all the nations of the earth shall be blessed; 5 because Abraham obeyed My voice and kept My charge, My commandments, My statutes, and My laws.” Genesis 26:4-5

Abraham walked by faith, which means he walked in relationship with God, and obeyed His voice, the word of God which produces faith in the hearer.

This is the life God calls us to, when we repent, and turn to Him by confessing Him as Lord.

He is our Lord if we obey Him.

Your Master or Lord is the one you obey: ... you are that one’s slaves whom you obey

Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey, you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether of sin leading to death, or of obedience leading to righteousness? Romans 6:16

again

“But why do you call Me ‘Lord, Lord,’ and not do the things which I say? Luke 6:46

JLB
Just answer my simple question, please

The scriptures are the Logos.

Faith does not come by reading the Logos, but rather by hearing the Rhema voice of God speaking to us.

• Rhema - that which is or has been uttered by the living voice, thing spoken, word

Man does not live [have eternal life] by bread alone but on every word [Rhema] that proceeds out of the mouth of God.

But He answered and said, “It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word [Rhema] that proceeds from the mouth of God. Matthew 4:4

This was true before Moses wrote the Torah.

4 And I will make your descendants multiply as the stars of heaven; I will give to your descendants all these lands; and in your seed all the nations of the earth shall be blessed; 5 because Abraham obeyed My voice and kept My charge, My commandments, My statutes, and My laws.” Genesis 26:4-5

Abraham walked by faith, which means he walked in relationship with God, and obeyed His voice, the word of God which produces faith in the hearer.

This is the life God calls us to, when we repent, and turn to Him by confessing Him as Lord.

He is our Lord if we obey Him.

Your Master or Lord is the one you obey: ... you are that one’s slaves whom you obey

Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey, you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether of sin leading to death, or of obedience leading to righteousness? Romans 6:16

again

“But why do you call Me ‘Lord, Lord,’ and not do the things which I say? Luke 6:46

JLB
Please answer my question, are the scriptures now the completed revelation from God to man?

Please answer my question, are the scriptures now the completed revelation from God to man?
Of course not. That would require that anyone coming to God would first have to find a copy of a Bible.......... though what might be revealed to such a man or woman may already be in our written Scriptures.

Of course not. That would require that anyone coming to God would first have to find a copy of a Bible.......... though what might be revealed to such a man or woman may already be in our written Scriptures.
II
How then does God speak to us today if scripture is not the completed revelation from God?

II

How then does God speak to us today if scripture is not the completed revelation from God?
Sounds like He may not be speaking to you outside of the words in your Bible, so I'm kind of at a loss as to how to explain the urgings I receive.

Gregg, I'm not trying to start a fuss with you...but were not glorified yet...nor are we sanctified.

No fuss on my part either, but

we are sanctified, having been set into Christ:
1Co 1:2 To the church of God which is at Corinth, to those who have been sanctified in Christ Jesus, saints by calling, with all who in every place call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, their Lord and ours:

1Co 6:11 Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.

and we are glorified, having been set into Christ:
Rom 8:30 "and these whom He predestined, He also called; and these whom He called, He also justified; and these whom He justified, He also glorified."

[Added
These verses speak of our being glorified now through suffering, and a future glorification awaiting us: Rom 8:17-18 "And if children, also heirs; truly heirs of God, and joint-heirs of Christ, if indeed we suffer together, that we may also be glorified together. For I calculate that the sufferings of the present time are not worthy to compare to the coming glory to be revealed in us."]

Both sanctification and glorification accompany our justification in Christ, they are inseparable.

After being set into Christ, our initial sanctification, we are now currently undergoing a sanctification process, and at a future time at Christ's Second Coming, we will be fully sanctified.

The same is similar with glorification; after being set into Christ, our initial glorification having been raised with Him and seated with Him in the heavenlies, we will in the future be fully glorified at His Second Coming.

With all kindness, I do not think you would have made your statement above if you understood what 'to sanctify' and 'to glorify' means. Perhaps an in-depth word study would help you understand more of who you are, having been set into Christ.

Last edited:
He speaks to me daily through the scripture. But please try to explain "the urgings" you "receive".
It's sort of like "trying to tell a stranger about Rock n Roll", to quote an old song...... or hoping to explain how chicken tastes. If you say you have never experienced anything that you felt was God guiding you... without having to have something written down to follow... then what can I relate it to?

Concerning what? Issues of salvation? Spirituality? The order of events leading to salvation?
Sorry I missed your question until now. I believe the scripture (both old and new testaments) are the final revelations from God in this age. By age I mean until the 2nd coming and judgment.

1Co 1:2 To the church of God which is at Corinth, to those who have been sanctified in Christ Jesus, saints by calling, with all who in every place call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, their Lord and ours:

1Co 6:11 Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.

Rom 8:30 "and these whom He predestined, He also called; and these whom He called, He also justified; and these whom He justified, He also glorified."

[Added
These verses speak of our being glorified now through suffering, and a future glorification awaiting us: Rom 8:17-18 "And if children, also heirs; truly heirs of God, and joint-heirs of Christ, if indeed we suffer together, that we may also be glorified together. For I calculate that the sufferings of the present time are not worthy to compare to the coming glory to be revealed in us."]

Both sanctification and glorification accompany our justification in Christ, they are inseparable.

After being set into Christ, our initial sanctification, we are now currently undergoing a sanctification process, and at a future time at Christ's Second Coming, we will be fully sanctified.

The same is similar with glorification; after being set into Christ, our initial glorification having been raised with Him and seated with Him in the heavenlies, we will in the future be fully glorified at His Second Coming.

With all kindness, I do not think you would have made your statement above if you understood what 'to sanctify' and 'to glorify' means. Perhaps an in-depth word study would help you understand more of who you are, having been set into Christ.

[Added

[Added

Being set in Christ is one action, which the Holy Spirit does at the moment someone believes into Christ.

If that does not answer your question, could you be more specific.
Thanks.
Being set in Christ is one action, which the Holy Spirit does at the moment someone believes into Christ.

"At the moment someone believes into Christ". Is there a scripture for that? Thank you and God bless

Thanks.

"At the moment someone believes into Christ". Is there a scripture for that? Thank you and God bless

Paul's question here assumes that receiving the Holy Spirit immediately follows believing. I thing the general sense of the Sriptures supports this understanding.

Act 19:2 He said to them, "Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?" And they said to him, "No, we have not even heard whether there is a Holy Spirit."

That's a new one.

Completed revelation from God to man?

I don't see where you asked me that.

Here's my answer to that: No! A single book couldn't come close to all that God desires to reveal to us.

And there are also many other things that Jesus did, which if they were written one by one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that would be written. Amen. John 21:25

We are discussing events of salvation, and how faith comes.

Faith comes by hearing, which would be one of the first steps of salvation.

I don't find where faith comes by reading.

If God chose to make the scripture alive by speaking or moving upon a person, or inspiring that scripture to them as they read, which are all forms of God speaking to us, then yes as a person can get saved that way if they believe, but as you can see it is still hearing the Rhema within them, and responding by believing.

JLB

Paul's question here assumes that receiving the Holy Spirit immediately follows believing. I thing the general sense of the Sriptures supports this understanding.

Act 19:2 He said to them, "Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?" And they said to him, "No, we have not even heard whether there is a Holy Spirit."

This scripture supports the idea that the Holy Spirit is not necessarily given at the moment when one believes, otherwise Paul would not have asked them, did you receive, when you believed.

Example: ... prayed for them that they might receive the Holy Spirit.

14 Now when the apostles who were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent Peter and John to them, 15 who, when they had come down, prayed for them that they might receive the Holy Spirit. 16 For as yet He had fallen upon none of them. They had only been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. 17 Then they laid hands on them, and they received the Holy Spirit.
Acts 8:14-17

These folks had received the Gospel, and had been baptized in water, but had yet to receive the Holy Spirit.

JLB

I appreciate your learning and agree with much you write. However, what one "assumes" does not necessarily mean one assumes a fact. And what you "think" does not necessarily mean what you "think" is a fact. I do not believe the scripture teaches one receives the Holy Spirit at the same time one believes simutaneusly .

That's a new one.

Completed revelation from God to man?

I don't see where you asked me that.

Here's my answer to that: No! A single book couldn't come close to all that God desires to reveal to us.

We are discussing events of salvation, and how faith comes.

Faith comes by hearing, which would be one of the first steps of salvation.

I don't find where faith comes by reading.

If God chose to make the scripture alive by speaking or moving upon a person, or inspiring that scripture to them as they read, which are all forms of God speaking to us, then yes as a person can get saved that way if they believe, but as you can see it is still hearing the Rhema within them, and responding by believing.

JLB
Jesus said "search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have life: and they are they which testify of me. And ye will not come to me , that ye might have life." Jn.5:39,

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back