Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

The gate only opens from the inside!

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Christ is our teacher!

Heb 1:1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things by, by whom also he made the worlds;

“Not by scripture alone”!

That’s the nail in the coffin of “Sola scriptura” it is dead and buried, “false doctrine” the doctrine of demons like all the sola’s!
It’s

For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ. Jn 1:17

Jesus Christ is the way, the truth, and the life! Jn 14:6
No thanks Don. You quote Too much scripture out of context, I don't even read them anymore.

I do not agree with your stance on sola scripture.

The scripture is all we need, if we needed more it would be in scripture.

If we did need more than scripture for doctrine then the rest of the world that doest have access to your (other than) scripture is at a huge disadvantage.

The scripture actually tells us that it's all we need.
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

1 cor 8:10 Grace is administered by the apostles!

10 For if someone with a weak conscience sees you, with all your knowledge, eating in an idol’s temple, won’t that person be emboldened to eat what is sacrificed to idols?

Tell me how you get Grace is administered by the apostles out of 1 cor 8:10?

God is doing the baptizing....you're right.
God is doing what baptizing entail.
Forgiveness of past sins, first.
But also the destruction/crucifixion of the old man.
And the raising of the new creature from Christ's tomb to walk in newness of life.
But it would be a total confusion if anyone went around baptizing people.
Why ?
Where is the confusion in the forgiveness of sins ?
Plus, I believe in Apostolic succession.
If this does not exist, the church is in shambles.
Don't you think that God can find men to be pastors and teachers for His church ?
Jesus made a profound point in Luke 9:49-50..."And John answered and said, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name; and we forbad him, because he followeth not with us.
50 And Jesus said unto him, Forbid him not: for he that is not against us is for us."
That man wasn't a part of any apostolic succession, and seemingly, wasn't even known to the first 12 apostles.
He was casting out devils in the name of Jesus Christ !

Sorry, it isn't scripture. You gladly refuse scriptures definition of an apostle to fit what you want to believe is true.

I will believe the scriptures definition of scriptures, not Websters definition.

21 Therefore it is ((((necessary)))) to choose one of the men who have been ((((with us)))) the whole time the Lord Jesus was ((((living)))) among us, 22 beginning from John’s baptism to the time when Jesus was taken up from us. For one of these must become a witness with us of his resurrection.”
I gave you eight scriptures.
Your efforts seem only to disqualify Paul and Barnabus, (and who knows how many others), from being an apostle.
I know better than to go down that road that God didn't provide for me.

God's work will get done, by titled, or untitled, pastors and teachers until the end of time.

Bzzzz, wrong. That's not exactly what scripture says.

21 Therefore it is (((necessary))) to choose one of the men who have been (((with us the whole time the Lord Jesus was living among us,)))) 22 (((((beginning from John’s baptism to the time when Jesus was taken up from us.)))) For one of these must become a witness with us of his resurrection.”

It is VERY specific.
You're right .
I'm wrong.
But study some church history one day and maybe you'll agree that the one who is wrong is really right.
God bless you.

God is doing what baptizing entail.
Forgiveness of past sins, first.
But also the destruction/crucifixion of the old man.
And the raising of the new creature from Christ's tomb to walk in newness of life.

Why ?
Where is the confusion in the forgiveness of sins ?

Don't you think that God can find men to be pastors and teachers for His church ?
Jesus made a profound point in Luke 9:49-50..."And John answered and said, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name; and we forbad him, because he followeth not with us.
50 And Jesus said unto him, Forbid him not: for he that is not against us is for us."
That man wasn't a part of any apostolic succession, and seemingly, wasn't even known to the first 12 apostles.
He was casting out devils in the name of Jesus Christ !
It should be self evident Hopeful.
God bless you.

History books can be true as well, but for doctrine, scripture is the only truth I need and rely on.
The RCC version of truth and their view on sola scripture laughable.

You can believe your religion Don, I can't, and I will not. I do not base my eternal life on their interpretation of what scripture says, there are too many false interpretations for me to accept that religion as truth.
There may be some truth in your religion, just as there are many other religions, such as the Muslim religion, but too many untruths for it to be of any value to me.

Now it's your turn to tell me that your religion (RCC) is the only true religion, and post verses out of context to try to prove your unproven stance. It's all just white noise and false interpretation to fit YOUR BELIEF, Instead of your belief proved by scripture.

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
Did Christ establish a church and command his church to teach and sanctify all men unto eternal salvation? Matt 28:19

W
Sorry, it isn't scripture. You gladly refuse scriptures definition of an apostle to fit what you want to believe is true.

I will believe the scriptures definition of scriptures, not Websters definition.

21 Therefore it is ((((necessary)))) to choose one of the men who have been ((((with us)))) the whole time the Lord Jesus was ((((living)))) among us, 22 beginning from John’s baptism to the time when Jesus was taken up from us. For one of these must become a witness with us of his resurrection.”
here does acts 1 say this is a litmus test for all apostles for all time?

Peter is not making requirements for apostolic succession only telling us what he is doing this one time

No thanks Don. You quote Too much scripture out of context, I don't even read them anymore.

If we did need more than scripture for doctrine then the rest of the world that doest have access to your (other than) scripture is at a huge disadvantage.

Where does scripture teach context?

All scripture “even one word” is the inspired word
All the words of Jesus Christ truth incarnate (Jn 14:6) “even one word” are eternal

We believe Christ and scripture

Where does scripture teach sola scriptura or and of the sola’s

10 For if someone with a weak conscience sees you, with all your knowledge, eating in an idol’s temple, won’t that person be emboldened to eat what is sacrificed to idols?

Tell me how you get Grace is administered by the apostles out of 1 cor 8:10?
Sorry spell check strikes again!

2 Corinthians 8:19
And not that only, but who was also chosen of the churches to travel with us with this grace, which is administered by us to the glory of the same Lord, and declaration of your ready mind:

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back