Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

The Girl's Thread

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
That woman cave is missing so much..tsk tsk, lol...

where's the towel?
Where's the oil?
Where's the wine?
not even two tea cups?
C'mon...is this a joke? :lol
I didn't want to display any alcohol in any of the caves having respect of a Christian website.

Girliest thing I've done all year:
-went to a girl's sleepover at a friend's house last night
-went shopping with them this afternoon

All the clothes and jewelry stores...heh, the most enthusiastic response those got out of me was "oh, that looks nice..."
Then we went into a Hot Topic store...THAT was torture. So much awesome stuff that I can't buy! Although I did buy a Blue Excorcist (anime) keychain. There were a couple t-shirts I wanted really bad...an Arcanine (Pokemon) t-shirt, and a Sword Art Online (anime) t-shirt. But I didn't have enough money with me, and I'm saving my money right now anyway. I don't regret getting the keychain, though.

This was on the computer a couple of years ago.
Apparently this girl got mad at her boyfriend who she was living with because he dumped her.She cleaned the toilet out with his tootbrush and didn't tell him.The ultimate revenge. :erm

441c8eac2cc18703f405f9901c954cd0.jpg

Now that I lost so much weight I have a good excuse to go shopping tomorrow. All pants I have are either falling off of me or look silly if I use a belt to tighten them. Same for many of my shirts.
So tomorrow: shopping for clothes.
But since I want to live a sustainable life style and I'm very socially and environmentally concious (and also quite broke) it'll be a second hand store. But at least you get unusual stuff there.

I have held my wifes purse. when one's wife or mother cant walk as easily, should the man who is able to walk simply open the door for himself and not hold for them?

Naw, holding the door or carrying stuff for sick or handicapped or elderly people is great. I'd sure hold the door for a person (regardless of gender) if they were sitting in a wheelchair or having trouble walking. Or for a person carrying a huge load of stuff.
Anyway, that image posted here is implying "real men" have to open doors for perfectly healthy young women. At least what you see of the woman in the picture looks young and healthy. That means in order to be real men they have to treat a healthy woman as if she was sick and weak? Well thanks. Makes me feel reeeeeealy cherished as a woman. :screwloose

Naw, holding the door or carrying stuff for sick or handicapped or elderly people is great. I'd sure hold the door for a person (regardless of gender) if they were sitting in a wheelchair. Or for a person carrying a huge load of stuff.
Anyway, that image posted here is implying "real men" have to open doors for perfectly healthy young women. At least what you see of the woman in the picture looks young and healthy. That means in order to be real men they have to treat a healthy woman as if she was sick and weak? Well thanks. Makes me feel reeeeeealy cherished as a woman. :screwloose
cultural things. I would rather have that then what is often passed for dating. the American culture has a BIG problem with treating women as cattle. I thought it was a primary military problem with sexual assaults and rape,now the colleges are doing it. same type of stuff. I wonder how long it will be before its a crime to talk about a woman's body parts(suggestively) and the "victim" hears it. that is a crime in the army. one that can get you 30 years.

so if see you walking a foot behind me, I shouldn't be polite and hold the door? that is what its meant by that. respect because you really care for the person!

so if see you walking a foot behind me, I shouldn't be polite and hold the door? that is what its meant by that. respect because you really care for the person!

Would you mind me doing the same for you if I were walking in front of you?

Naw, holding the door or carrying stuff for sick or handicapped or elderly people is great. I'd sure hold the door for a person (regardless of gender) if they were sitting in a wheelchair or having trouble walking. Or for a person carrying a huge load of stuff.

Dear sister, it's not about treating her as if she is sick or weak, it's about love and respect. You know, like, here honey let me get that door for you...like that. It's just an expression of the love that one has for another. :yes

I have held my wifes purse. when one's wife or mother cant walk as easily, should the man who is able to walk simply open the door for himself and not hold for them?

I have carried my wifes purse. We were Christmas shopping and both carrying things, she was carrying a fragile item, and asked me to carry her purse. I slung that thing right over my shoulder without a thought. I sure will (if she's walking beside me, lol!)

Would you mind me doing the same for you if I were walking in front of you?

Sure, thank you. You can pay for dinner too if you like, lol. (I'll get it next time) :lol

So if I was walking in ahead of you and was a step or two ahead, I should let it swing closed right in front of you? That wouldn't feel right to me. Sorta disrespectful i think.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back