Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

THE GREAT I AM

Greetings "Carry_Your_Name",

I agree.

The Angels revealed God and His Message.

Kind regards
Trevor
No, those were NOT angels. Those were Lord YHWH revealed to his chosen people. "Then the Lord appeared to him (Abraham) by the terebinth trees of Mamre, as he was sitting in the tent door in the heat of the day. So he lifted his eyes and looked, and behold, three men were standing by him." - Gen. 18:1-2. That's God himself with two angels, not three angels.

Greetings again "Carry_Your_Name",
No, those were NOT angels. Those were Lord YHWH revealed to his chosen people.
Exodus 23:20–21 (KJV): 20 Behold, I send an Angel before thee, to keep thee in the way, and to bring thee into the place which I have prepared. 21 Beware of him, and obey his voice, provoke him not; for he will not pardon your transgressions: for my name is in him.

John 1:18 (KJV): No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

Kind regards
Trevor

Exodus 23:20–21 (KJV): 20 Behold, I send an Angel before thee, to keep thee in the way, and to bring thee into the place which I have prepared. 21 Beware of him, and obey his voice, provoke him not; for he will not pardon your transgressions: for my name is in him.

John 1:18 (KJV): No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

Kind regards
Trevor
That's why it's called theophany - manifestation or appearance of God, like your image on camera. Moses wasn't in the throne room where God was physically present, God talked to him through his theophany of a burning bush.

That's why it's called theophany - manifestation or appearance of God, like your image on camera. Moses wasn't in the throne room where God was physically present, God talked to him through his theophany of a burning bush.
Yes, it is God revealed through the Agency of the Messenger of Yahweh, the Angel who was revealed in the Burning Bush. Yes, the One God, Yahweh, God the Father did not actually leave His Throne in heaven. Yahweh delights to share his plan and purpose and work with others including Angels and the Judges and both of these are given the Divine title "Elohim".

Kind regards
Trevor

Yes, it is God revealed through the Agency of the Messenger of Yahweh, the Angel who was revealed in the Burning Bush. Yes, the One God, Yahweh, God the Father did not actually leave His Throne in heaven. Yahweh delights to share his plan and purpose and work with others including Angels and the Judges and both of these are given the Divine title "Elohim".

Kind regards
Trevor
"Did not actually leave His Throne in heaven"? Are you saying God sits on a Throne in heaven and leaves it on occasion, perhaps to visit other parts of heaven or earth? Or does He remain seated on His Throne, never moving away from it? Wouldn't that be like "hell", sentenced to sit on a Throne never leaving it?

Kind regards
Trevor
That is not any angel. The burning bush - or "glowing bush" - is no other than the appearance of God himself. One basic rule of thumb, the Scripture never contradicts itself. If it seems to contradict itself, then you've got it wrong.

So when the Lord saw that he turned aside to look, God called to him from the midst of the bush and said, “Moses, Moses!” And he said, “Here I am.” Then He said, “Do not draw near this place. Take your sandals off your feet, for the place where you stand is holy ground.” Moreover He said, “I am the God of your father—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.” And Moses hid his face, for he was afraid to look upon God. (Ex. 3:4-6)

Kind regards
Trevor
God is not bound by time and space, he's beyond the time-space continuum, and that's beyond the wildest human imagination.

God is not bound by time and space, he's beyond the time-space continuum, and that's beyond the wildest human imagination.
Yes, but we are given the insight that various Angels stand in the Presence of The One God, Yahweh, God the Father and for example God sent Gabriel to speak to Zechariah and Elizabeth on one occasion, and to Mary on another occasion. In a similar fashion, the appearance to Moses is stated to be by an or the Angel of Yahweh.

Kind regards
Trevor

But that's not at the glowing bush. An angel usually appears to be a man, not in that episode.
My assessment is that the Angel would have appeared similar to a man in the midst of the burning bush. The Angel may have also revealed some measure of glory, but not blinding glory as with Jesus when Paul was on the road to Damascus.

Kind regards
Trevor

My assessment is that the Angel would have appeared similar to a man in the midst of the burning bush. The Angel may have also revealed some measure of glory, but not blinding glory as with Jesus when Paul was on the road to Damascus.

Kind regards
Trevor
Why are you so stubborn to make things up? There's nobody that appeared similar to a man to Moses at the burning bush, that's God's manifested dwelling glory, known as his Shekinah glory. When Moses descended from Mount Sinai, he appeared to be glowing as some of that glory was remaining on him.

Yes, but we are given the insight that various Angels stand in the Presence of The One God, Yahweh, God the Father and for example God sent Gabriel to speak to Zechariah and Elizabeth on one occasion, and to Mary on another occasion. In a similar fashion, the appearance to Moses is stated to be by an or the Angel of Yahweh.

Kind regards
Trevor
So God sits on a throne surrounded by various angels. If God chose to speak to Zechariah Himself, does He leave heaven to do so?

Greetings again "Carry_Your_Name" and Greetings Alfred Persson,,
Why are you so stubborn to make things up? There's nobody that appeared similar to a man to Moses at the burning bush, that's God's manifested dwelling glory, known as his Shekinah glory. When Moses descended from Mount Sinai, he appeared to be glowing as some of that glory was remaining on him.
That is not how I read the appearance:
Exodus 3:1–2 (KJV): 1 Now Moses kept the flock of Jethro his father in law, the priest of Midian: and he led the flock to the backside of the desert, and came to the mountain of God, even to Horeb. 2 And the angel of the LORD appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush: and he looked, and, behold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush was not consumed.
My understanding of Angels is that they are substantial Beings, and similar in appearance with men, and they have been mistaken for men at first on a number of occasions.

So God sits on a throne surrounded by various angels. If God chose to speak to Zechariah Himself, does He leave heaven to do so?
God chose Gabriel to speak with Zechariah. I am not interested in speculation.

Kind regards
Trevor

Greetings again "Carry_Your_Name" and Greetings Alfred Persson,,

Exodus 3:1–2 (KJV): 1 Now Moses kept the flock of Jethro his father in law, the priest of Midian: and he led the flock to the backside of the desert, and came to the mountain of God, even to Horeb. 2 And the angel of the LORD appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush: and he looked, and, behold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush was not consumed.
My understanding of Angels is that they are substantial Beings, and similar in appearance with men, and they have been mistaken for men at first on a number of occasions.

God chose Gabriel to speak with Zechariah. I am not interested in speculation.

Kind regards
Trevor
Did God leave heaven to speak to Moses "face to face as a man speaks to a friend"?

So the LORD spoke to Moses face to face, as a man speaks to his friend. And he would return to the camp, but his servant Joshua the son of Nun, a young man, did not depart from the tabernacle. (Exod. 33:11 NKJ)

It's wrong to take that verse out of context. Throughout the whole chapter it's always the Lord talking to Moses, and this is the one and only time God revealed his personal name - YHWH, "I am who I am." And the word "angel", malak in Hebrew, simply means messenger, usually in form of a man, but in this case, God's own shekinah glory. So as I said, this is a theophany through which God communicated with man.

He did in Revelation, though. "I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last." That's essentially the same as "I am who I am (for eternity)", the personal name of God, YHWH.
Yes Carry_Your_Name! The Book of The Revelation of Jesus Christ shows who he really is,

And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, Rev.20:11

the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick andthe dead at his appearing and his kingdom; 2Tim.4:1

Taking a quote out of context to change its meaning is wrong because it misrepresents the original speaker's intentions and can lead to misunderstandings, manipulation, and false narratives.
I agree.

The context is not the church, "In the beginning" alludes to Genesis 1:1, at that time of Creation "the Word was" existing, ἦν is imperfect indicative hence translations render it “was”.
It's not the literal beginning of creation. It's the beginning of the creation of the church age.

Let's take 1 John 1 for example. The disciples weren't around at the beginning of the creation of the universe to see, hear, or touch anything. It replies to a specific context and setting.

1 John 1
1That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our own eyes, which we have gazed upon and touched with our own handsthis is the Word of life. 2And this is the life that was revealed; we have seen it and testified to it, and we proclaim to you the eternal life that was with the Father and was revealed to us.
God made all things through the Word, and apart from Him nothing was made.
God made all things through the word (an it according to 1 John 1:1-3) and apart from Him (God, not Jesus) nothing was made that was made.

1 Cor 8
6yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we exist. And there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we exist.
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 He was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. (Jn. 1:1-3 NKJ)
I agree, but it can be translated better than that. I don't really prefer that translation because it doesn't sit well with the rest of scripture.

Your eisegesis is impossible.
I have the correct understanding.

I agree.

It's not the literal beginning of creation. It's the beginning of the creation of the church age.

Let's take 1 John 1 for example. The disciples weren't around at the beginning of the creation of the universe to see, hear, or touch anything. It replies to a specific context and setting.

1 John 1
1That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our own eyes, which we have gazed upon and touched with our own handsthis is the Word of life. 2And this is the life that was revealed; we have seen it and testified to it, and we proclaim to you the eternal life that was with the Father and was revealed to us.

God made all things through the word (an it according to 1 John 1:1-3) and apart from Him (God, not Jesus) nothing was made that was made.

1 Cor 8
6yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we exist. And there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we exist.

I agree, but it can be translated better than that. I don't really prefer that translation because it doesn't sit well with the rest of scripture.

I have the correct understanding.
That's out of context, which speaks of Christ creating all things in Genesis 1:1.

Making, creating, isn't mentioned in 1 John 1-2.

That's contradictory, either you believe God created all things through His Word, or you do not. Jesus did not originate in God's Logos, He is the Logos.

Here we go again, people think they can go around and around in circles forever, and that this is Christianity in their words.

Christianity is when Jesus fulfilled laying HI life down for us, as we see God is true, and God is life.

What purpose in discussing anything other than the cross of Jesus Christ, and when you discuss that you understand you believe in what He did, and you then stop the vain talk of everything else.

Also if we believe in God, we believe only HIs life is sufficient to give us our life, and we know then that Jesus Christ not only layed HIs life down for us, it was the only life that could be given for us, and that after this, cannot be took away.

Look, why be drawn into this that is done ON PURPOSE, as told below...

Romans 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, TO DO THOSE THINGS WHICH ARE NOT CONVENIENT;
29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; FULL OF ENVY, MURDER, DEBATE, DECEIT, malignity; whisperers,
30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, INVENTORS OF EVIL THINGS, disobedient to parents,
31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
32 Who KNOWING THE JUDGEMENT OF GOD, that THEY WHICH COMMIT SUCH THIGNS ARE WORTHY OF DEATH, not only DO THE SAME, but HAVE PLEASURE IN THEM THAT DO THEM.

Back