Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

THE GREAT I AM

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Jesus isn't the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob therefore he isn't God. I hope this helps.

Acts 3
13The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified His servant Jesus.

Exodus 3
14God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I AM has sent me to you.’ ”
15God also told Moses, “Say to the Israelites, ‘The LORD, the God of your fathers—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacobhas sent me to you.’ This is My name forever, and this is how I am to be remembered in every generation.

Are you a Jehovah's Witness, one of those who don't believe God the Holy Spirit is a Divine Person? That's often the reason why people cannot see what Scripture plainly implies.

"But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you. (Jn. 14:26 NKJ)

"However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. (Jn. 16:13 NKJ)

Yahweh the Holy Spirit won't tell you anything if you deny HE is the "Helper" sent by Yahweh the Father in the Name of Yahweh the Son.

Yahweh appeared to Abraham, in THREE Men:

1 Then the LORD appeared to him by the terebinth trees of Mamre, as he was sitting in the tent door in the heat of the day.
2 So he lifted his eyes and looked, and behold, three men were standing by him; and when he saw them, he ran from the tent door to meet them, and bowed himself to the ground, (Gen. 18:1-2 NKJ)

The Scriptures says Yahweh appeared to Abraham, and He saw Three men.

No one else appeared, only the Three men, therefore the Three men were an "appearance" of Yahweh.

16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,
17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work. (2 Tim. 3:16-17 NKJ)

Jehovah's Witnesses claim to believe the Bible, but they only believe the Bible after its taken out of context and reinterpreted in a Watchtower Publication.

"making the word of God of no effect through your tradition which you have handed down. And many such things you do." (Mk. 7:13 NKJ)

They never read the Bible alone. They know the Bible when read by itself, contradicts the Watchtower.

"Furthermore, not only do we find that people cannot see the divine plan in studying the Bible by itself, but we see, also, that if anyone lays the SCRIPTURE STUDIES aside, even after he has used them, after he has become familiar with them, after he has read them for ten years---if he then lays them aside and ignores them and goes to the Bible alone, though he has understood his Bible for ten years, our experience shows that within two years he goes into darkness."-The Watchtower, from Sept. 15, 1910

For the hearts of this people have grown dull. Their ears are hard of hearing, And their eyes they have closed, Lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, Lest they should understand with their hearts and turn, So that I should heal them.' (Matt. 13:15 NKJ)

Last edited:
Are you a Jehovah's Witness, one of those who don't believe God the Holy Spirit is a Divine Person? That's often the reason why people cannot see what Scripture plainly implies.

"But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you. (Jn. 14:26 NKJ)

"However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. (Jn. 16:13 NKJ)

Yahweh the Holy Spirit won't tell you anything if you deny HE is the "Helper" sent by Yahweh the Father in the Name of Yahweh the Son.

1 Then the LORD appeared to him by the terebinth trees of Mamre, as he was sitting in the tent door in the heat of the day.
2 So he lifted his eyes and looked, and behold, three men were standing by him; and when he saw them, he ran from the tent door to meet them, and bowed himself to the ground, (Gen. 18:1-2 NKJ)

No one else appeared, only the Three men, therefore the Three men were an "appearance" of Yahweh.

16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,
17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work. (2 Tim. 3:16-17 NKJ)

Jehovah's Witnesses claim to believe the Bible, but they only believe the Bible after its taken out of context and reinterpreted in a Watchtower Publication.

"making the word of God of no effect through your tradition which you have handed down. And many such things you do." (Mk. 7:13 NKJ)

They never read the Bible alone. They know the Bible when read by itself, contradicts the Watchtower.

"Furthermore, not only do we find that people cannot see the divine plan in studying the Bible by itself, but we see, also, that if anyone lays the SCRIPTURE STUDIES aside, even after he has used them, after he has become familiar with them, after he has read them for ten years---if he then lays them aside and ignores them and goes to the Bible alone, though he has understood his Bible for ten years, our experience shows that within two years he goes into darkness."-The Watchtower, from Sept. 15, 1910

For the hearts of this people have grown dull. Their ears are hard of hearing, And their eyes they have closed, Lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, Lest they should understand with their hearts and turn, So that I should heal them.' (Matt. 13:15 NKJ)
Can you explain how Jesus isn't the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob please?

Acts 3
13The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified His servant Jesus.

Exodus 3
14God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I AM has sent me to you.’ ”
15God also told Moses, “Say to the Israelites, ‘The LORD, the God of your fathers—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacobhas sent me to you.’ This is My name forever, and this is how I am to be remembered in every generation.

Can you explain how Jesus isn't the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob please?

Acts 3

Exodus 3
Of course He is and of course you deploy JW evasion tactic 101, change the subject from the verse that total completely proves you wrong, to something else.

Of course He is and of course you deploy JW evasion tactic 101, change the subject from the verse that total completely proves you wrong, to something else.

So I take it you don't have any explanation for why Jesus is not God, the I AM, YHWH, etc. Jesus is God's servant, this is what God, Jesus, the disciples, and Christians believe. This is the story from Genesis to Revelation when you properly understand the Bible.

Acts 3

Exodus 3

So I take it you don't have any explanation for why Jesus is not God, the I AM, YHWH, etc. Jesus is God's servant, this is what God, Jesus, the disciples, and Christians believe. This is the story from Genesis to Revelation when you properly understand the Bible.

Acts 3

Exodus 3

Incorrect, Jesus is both God and Man.

God the Eternal Son Only Begotten of God the Father, has two natures: Human and Divine. As human, He is the Christ, the suffering Servant of God:

1 Who has believed our report? And to whom has the arm of the LORD been revealed?
2 For He shall grow up before Him as a tender plant, And as a root out of dry ground. He has no form or comeliness; And when we see Him, There is no beauty that we should desire Him.
3 He is despised and rejected by men, A Man of sorrows and acquainted with grief. And we hid, as it were, our faces from Him; He was despised, and we did not esteem Him.
4 Surely He has borne our griefs And carried our sorrows; Yet we esteemed Him stricken, Smitten by God, and afflicted.
5 But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed. (Isa. 53:1-5 NKJ)

As God the Son He is the I AM, God of Abraham Issac and Jacob. who is the light of everyone coming into the world:

Jesus said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM." (Jn. 8:58 NKJ)

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 He was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.
4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. (Jn. 1:1-4 NKJ)

5 Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus,
6 who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God,
7 but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men.
8 And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross.
9 Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name,
10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth,
11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. (Phil. 2:5-11 NKJ)

This last is a quote from the OT where LORD translates "Yahweh", so it should read:

"Every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Yahweh, to the glory of God the Father"

Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell? (Prov. 30:4 KJV)

Last edited:
1. God is Spirit, John 4:24, not flesh and blood and in the OT either spoke directly to the prophets or by angels and also various objects like a burning bush or an ass for example. Between the OT and NT God was silent towards Israel as when they returned to Israel from the Babylonian captivity they came back as merchants and not shepherds as they were disobedient to God going after other gods, Book of Malachi.

2. Jesus being the very Spirit of God before the foundation of the world as He and the Father are one was prophesied by the Prophets in the OT and spoken of by John the baptist in the NT as John being the forerunner of Christ calling all to repent. As foretold Christ did come as the word of God made flesh (skin, bone, blood) to be that light that shines in darkness. He came as redeemer Savior through Gods grace as Christ is our faith that all can repent of their sins and have eternal life with the Father to all who will believe in Him as Lord and Savior. John 1:1-4; 1 Peter 1:13-21

3. After the sacrifice of Christ God raised Him from the grave and as He had to ascend back up to heaven the promise was that He would never leave us or forsake us as when He ascended He sent down the Holy Spirit (Spirit of God) to indwell all who will believe in Christ and His finished works on the cross. In the OT Gods Spirit fell on them for a time and purpose under heaven. Now we are indwelled with that power and authority through Gods grace that the Holy Spirit now works in us and through us teaching all things God wants us to learn. All three are Spiritual and Spiritual awakenings in us to know the will of God and walk in His statures. John 16:7-15

Ephesians 4: 5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

1 John 5:6 This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth. 7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word (Jesus), and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. 8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit as all three coequal Gods Spirit.

Jesus being the right arm of God who knew no sin. Isaiah 53:1 Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed? 2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him. 3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

Jesus is the word of God. John 12:49 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. 50 And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

Jesus is word, light and life that is God come in the flesh. John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

Gods Holy Spirit has come to indwell us and teach us. John 14: 26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Just like the word Trinity you are not going to find the exact words "God Holy Spirit" written in scripture, but scripture explains there is only one God, not three, as God exist in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. All three are each God, meaning equal in power, nature and attributes and worthy of the same praise. This doesn't mean there are three gods as there is only one true God. It also doesn't mean that these are different forms of God as each is its own person. It's hard to wrap our heads around this as we can not fully understand God.

The Holy Spirit appears in both the OT and NT. In Genesis 1:2 the Spirt of God was hovering over the waters. In Genesis 1:26 Let us make mankind in our image. The word "us" means God, Son Jesus and Holy Spirit (Trinity=3) all being before the creation of the world.

The Holy Spirit has power and emotions and is active among His people. Isaiah 63:10 But they rebelled, and vexed his Holy Spirit (God Holy Spirit). Nehemiah 9:20 Thou gavest also thy good spirit to instruct them, (God Holy Spirit). Now under the dispensation of God's grace we have God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit dwelling in us as we are all one in Him and He in us through that of the Spiritual rebirth from above, John 3:5-7; Acts chapter 2; 1 John 4:12-17.

Scriptures that reference Jesus being referred to as God:
John 1:1-14; John 10:30; Romans 9:5; Colossians 2:9; Hebrews 1:8, 9; 1 John 5:7, 8, 20; 1 Corinthians 8:6; 2 Corinthians 3:17; 13:14; Isaiah 9:6; 44:6; Luke 1:35; Matthew 1:23; 28:19; John 14:16, 17; Genesis 1:1, 2 (cross reference John 1:1-14); 1 Corinthians 12:4-6; Ephesians 4:4-6; Colossians 1:15-17; John 14:9-11; Philippians 2:5-8; Rev 1:8

Scriptures that reference the Holy Spirit as being God:
Psalms 139:7, 8; John 14:17; 16:13; Isaiah 40:13; 1 Corinthians 2:10, 11; Zechariah 4:6; Luke 1:35; Ephesians 4:4-6; Romans 5:5; 1 Corinthians 6:19; Ephesians 1:13; 1 Thessalonians 1:5; Titus 3:5; 2 Peter 1:21; Jude 1:20

Nonesense!!!

The Angel of the LORD is one Being; God

The Angel of the LORD is not God. The angel of the LORD and the LORD have a conversation.

Zecharia 1
12Then the angel of the LORD said, “How long, O LORD of Hosts, will You withhold mercy from Jerusalem and the cities of Judah, with which You have been angry these seventy years?”

13So the LORD spoke kind and comforting words to the angel who was speaking with me.

In my humble view, it seems to not mesh well with what God said about Himself as the I AM in Exodus 3. Jesus is not known as YHWH, the God of their fathers, or the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob nor did God say His name would forever be Jesus, Yeshua, Yahoshua, Christ, Messiah, Son, etc or wanted to be remembered that way.

Exodus 3

15God also told Moses, “Say to the Israelites, ‘The LORD,[YHWH] the God of your fathers—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob—has sent me to you.’ This is My name forever, and this is how I am to be remembered in every generation.

Yet you call God Yahweh and say its His name? How is it you consider God has other names in addition to “I AM”?

You do so because even you realize claiming God’s Name is ONLY “I AM” rests upon the fallacy of equivocation.

“Name” in Scripture is more than a label, it denotes an essential feature of what is named
. “I AM” denotes God’s Immanence, That He is “Omnipresent” and “Near to every one of us”. and it is He (Jesus) who sustains reality, gives all things coherence "held together" as a thought is held together by the Mind and Power of the Thinker (Col. 1:17). That is true of unchanging God forever, and everyone should know that He is the Infinite all powerful "I AM", the Creator exists!

Ὅς (He) ἐστιν (is) εἰκὼν (the image) τοῦ (of the) Θεοῦ (God) τοῦ (-)
ἀοράτου (invisible), πρωτότοκος (the firstborn) πάσης (over all) κτίσεως (creation),
ὅτι (because) ἐν (in) αὐτῷ (Him) ἐκτίσθη (were created) τὰ (-) πάντα (all things)
ἐν (in) τοῖς (the) οὐρανοῖς (heavens) καὶ (and) ἐπὶ (upon) τῆς (the) γῆς (earth), τὰ (the)
ὁρατὰ (visible) καὶ (and) τὰ (the) ἀόρατα (invisible), εἴτε (whether) θρόνοι (thrones)
εἴτε (or) κυριότητες (dominions) εἴτε (or) ἀρχαὶ (rulers) εἴτε (or) ἐξουσίαι (authorities);
τὰ (-) πάντα (all things) δι’ (through) αὐτοῦ (Him) καὶ (and) εἰς (unto) αὐτὸν (Him)
ἔκτισται (have been created).
Καὶ (And) αὐτός (He) ἐστιν (is) πρὸ (before) πάντων (all things), καὶ (and) τὰ (-)
πάντα (all things) ἐν (in) αὐτῷ (Him) συνέστηκεν (hold together)

The name “Jesus” means “Yahweh is Salvation”, meaning Jesus is Yahweh.

And your humble view refers to Yahweh as the name of God.

Last edited:
Yet you call God Yahweh and say its His name? How is it you consider God has other names in addition to “I AM”?

You do so because even you realize claiming God’s Name is ONLY “I AM” rests upon the fallacy of equivocation.

“Name” in Scripture is more than a label, it denotes an essential feature of what is named
. “I AM” denotes God’s Immanence, That He is “Omnipresent” and “Near to every one of us”. and it is He (Jesus) who sustains reality, gives all things coherence "held together" as a thought is held together by the Mind and Power of the Thinker (Col. 1:17). That is true of unchanging God forever, and everyone should know that He is the Infinite all powerful "I AM", the Creator exists!

Ὅς (He) ἐστιν (is) εἰκὼν (the image) τοῦ (of the) Θεοῦ (God) τοῦ (-)
ἀοράτου (invisible), πρωτότοκος (the firstborn) πάσης (over all) κτίσεως (creation),
ὅτι (because) ἐν (in) αὐτῷ (Him) ἐκτίσθη (were created) τὰ (-) πάντα (all things)
ἐν (in) τοῖς (the) οὐρανοῖς (heavens) καὶ (and) ἐπὶ (upon) τῆς (the) γῆς (earth), τὰ (the)
ὁρατὰ (visible) καὶ (and) τὰ (the) ἀόρατα (invisible), εἴτε (whether) θρόνοι (thrones)
εἴτε (or) κυριότητες (dominions) εἴτε (or) ἀρχαὶ (rulers) εἴτε (or) ἐξουσίαι (authorities);
τὰ (-) πάντα (all things) δι’ (through) αὐτοῦ (Him) καὶ (and) εἰς (unto) αὐτὸν (Him)
ἔκτισται (have been created).
Καὶ (And) αὐτός (He) ἐστιν (is) πρὸ (before) πάντων (all things), καὶ (and) τὰ (-)
πάντα (all things) ἐν (in) αὐτῷ (Him) συνέστηκεν (hold together)

The name “Jesus” means “Yahweh is Salvation”, meaning Jesus is Yahweh.

And your humble view refers to Yahweh as the name of God.
It's the name He said he would be remembered by. Jesus, Son, Christ, etc aren't one of those names. I hope this helps.

Exodus 3
15God also told Moses, “Say to the Israelites, ‘The LORD, the God of your fathers—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob—has sent me to you.’ This is My name forever, and this is how I am to be remembered in every generation.

It's the name He said he would be remembered by. Jesus, Son, Christ, etc aren't one of those names. I hope this helps.

Exodus 3
15God also told Moses, “Say to the Israelites, ‘The LORD, the God of your fathers—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob—has sent me to you.’ This is My name forever, and this is how I am to be remembered in every generation.
You contradict yourself every time you call God "Yahweh". Self-contradiction is characteristic of Cognitive Dissonance.

You pore over the Scriptures because you presume that by them you possess eternal life. These are the very words that testify about Me, 40 yet you refuse to come to Me to have life.-John 5:39-40 Berean Bible

Last edited:
You contradict yourself every time you call God "Yahweh". Self-contradiction is characteristic of Cognitive Dissonance.

You pore over the Scriptures because you presume that by them you possess eternal life. These are the very words that testify about Me, 40 yet you refuse to come to Me to have life.-John 5:39-40 Berean Bible
Those are prophecies concerning Jesus that he fulfilled hundreds of years after they were written. There is nothing about the pre-existent state of Jesus actively talking or doing something in the Old Testament. Is there?

Acts 13
27The people of Jerusalem and their rulers did not recognize Jesus, yet in condemning Him they fulfilled the words of the prophets that are read every Sabbath.

Those are prophecies concerning Jesus that he fulfilled hundreds of years after they were written. There is nothing about the pre-existent state of Jesus actively talking or doing something in the Old Testament. Is there?

Acts 13
27The people of Jerusalem and their rulers did not recognize Jesus, yet in condemning Him they fulfilled the words of the prophets that are read every Sabbath.
Gen 3:8
Then the man and his wife heard the voice of the LORD [Yhwh] God walking in the garden in the breeze b of the day, and they hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God among the trees of the garden.

The Word or "Voice" of God, Yahweh the Son, walked in the Garden of Eden. He was in the beginning with God and the Word WAS [already existing as] God. John 1:1

That is who speaks with God the Father and the Spirit, The Eternal Son of Yahweh, Yahweh the Son who is later named Jesus when He adds to His infinite divine name, the nature of a man.

He created all things and apart from Him not one thing was created (John 1:3)

26 Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, after Our likeness, to rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, and over all the earth itself d and every creature that crawls upon it.”
27 So God created man in His own image;
in the image of God He created him;
male and female He created them. -Gen 1:26-27 Berean Bible

We are not made in the image of angels.

The ONE God subsisting in Three Divine Persons is revealed in the image of God in man.

God is looking at His image" in a mirror" so it appears "reversed":

Man is One Person subsisting in THREE substances:

Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. (1 Thess. 5:23 NKJ)

Therefore, we learn about The Word of God walking among men in the Garden of Eden.

He already was in the Beginning with God (John 1:1; Gen. 1:1)

Last edited:
Also I think it's important to point out that doubters make a big deal that Jesus never directly said, "I'm God", but dear God chose not to reveal himself in a way that would have brought immediate judgment on sinners.
He did in Revelation, though. "I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last." That's essentially the same as "I am who I am (for eternity)", the personal name of God, YHWH.

The Angel of the LORD is not God. The angel of the LORD and the LORD have a conversation.

Zecharia 1
12Then the angel of the LORD said, “How long, O LORD of Hosts, will You withhold mercy from Jerusalem and the cities of Judah, with which You have been angry these seventy years?”

13So the LORD spoke kind and comforting words to the angel who was speaking with me.

In that day the LORD will defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; the one who is feeble among them in that day shall be like David, and the house of David shall be like God, like the Angel of the LORD before them.
Zechariah 12:8

• and the house of David shall be like God, like the Angel of the LORD before them.

again

Now Moses was tending the flock of Jethro his father-in-law, the priest of Midian. And he led the flock to the back of the desert, and came to Horeb, the mountain of God. And the Angel of the LORD appeared to him in a flame of fire from the midst of a bush. So he looked, and behold, the bush was burning with fire, but the bush was not consumed… Moreover He said, “I am the God of your father—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.” And Moses hid his face, for he was afraid to look upon God. Exodus 3:1-2,6

• And the Angel of the LORD appeared to him in a flame of fire from the midst of a bush.
  • Moreover He said, “I am the God of your father—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.” And Moses hid his face, for he was afraid to look upon God.

again

And the Angel of the LORD said to him, “Why do you ask My name, seeing it is wonderful?”
So Manoah took the young goat with the grain offering, and offered it upon the rock to the LORD. And He did a wondrous thing while Manoah and his wife looked on— it happened as the flame went up toward heaven from the altar—the Angel of the LORD ascended in the flame of the altar! When Manoah and his wife saw this, they fell on their faces to the ground. When the Angel of the LORD appeared no more to Manoah and his wife, then Manoah knew that He was the Angel of the LORD.
And Manoah said to his wife, “We shall surely die, because we have seen God!” Judges 13:18-22

• And the Angel of the LORD said to him, “Why do you ask My name, seeing it is wonderful?”

• When the Angel of the LORD appeared no more to Manoah and his wife, then Manoah knew that He was the Angel of the LORD.

• And Manoah said to his wife, “We shall surely die, because we have seen God!”

Everyone in the Old Testament who saw GOD were not seeing God the Father, but rather they were seeing God the Son; the Angel of the LORD.

No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him. John 1:18

JLB

Last edited:
Gen 3:8
Then the man and his wife heard the voice of the LORD [Yhwh] God walking in the garden in the breeze b of the day, and they hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God among the trees of the garden.

The Word or "Voice" of God, Yahweh the Son, walked in the Garden of Eden. He was in the beginning with God and the Word WAS [already existing as] God. John 1:1

That is who speaks with God the Father and the Spirit, The Eternal Son of Yahweh, Yahweh the Son who is later named Jesus when He adds to His infinite divine name, the nature of a man.

He created all things and apart from Him not one thing was created (John 1:3)

26 Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, after Our likeness, to rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, and over all the earth itself d and every creature that crawls upon it.”
27 So God created man in His own image;
in the image of God He created him;
male and female He created them. -Gen 1:26-27 Berean Bible

We are not made in the image of angels.

The ONE God subsisting in Three Divine Persons is revealed in the image of God in man.

God is looking at His image" in a mirror" so it appears "reversed":

Man is One Person subsisting in THREE substances:

Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. (1 Thess. 5:23 NKJ)

Therefore, we learn about The Word of God walking among men in the Garden of Eden.

He already was in the Beginning with God (John 1:1; Gen. 1:1)

Not sure why you replied with this. Are you attempting to write Jesus' existence into the Old Testament? There is nothing in accordance with a "God the Son" written in the Old Testament or New Testament. All of these points about him were prophecies that existed in God's foreknowledge and were later fulfilled after he was born.

Furthermore, the Old Testament itself clearly shows that Jesus is not God. It's not something anyone believed. You were already shown those verses where we proved Jesus is not YHWH, the I AM, or the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. (Acts 3:13, Exodus 3:14,15 aren't going away) There is a lot more, but I think the clearest examples will serve you the best.

Peter and John did not believe Jesus is God.

Acts 4
23On their release, Peter and John returned to their own people and reported everything that the chief priests and elders had said to them. 24When the believers heard this, they lifted up their voices to God with one accord. “Sovereign Lord,” they said, “You made the heaven and the earth and the sea and everything in them. 25You spoke by the Holy Spirit through the mouth of Your servant, our father David:

‘Why do the nations rage
and the peoples plot in vain?
26The kings of the earth take their stand
and the rulers gather together
against the Lord
and against His Anointed One.’

27In fact, this is the very city where Herod and Pontius Pilate conspired with the Gentiles and the people of Israel against Your holy servant Jesus, whom You anointed. 28They carried out what Your hand and will had decided beforehand would happen. 29And now, Lord, consider their threats, and enable Your servants to speak Your word with complete boldness, 30as You stretch out Your hand to heal and perform signs and wonders through the name of Your holy servant Jesus.”

In that day the LORD will defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; the one who is feeble among them in that day shall be like David, and the house of David shall be like God, like the Angel of the LORD before them.
Zechariah 12:8

• and the house of David shall be like God, like the Angel of the LORD before them.

again

Now Moses was tending the flock of Jethro his father-in-law, the priest of Midian. And he led the flock to the back of the desert, and came to Horeb, the mountain of God. And the Angel of the LORD appeared to him in a flame of fire from the midst of a bush. So he looked, and behold, the bush was burning with fire, but the bush was not consumed… Moreover He said, “I am the God of your father—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.” And Moses hid his face, for he was afraid to look upon God. Exodus 3:1-2,6

• And the Angel of the LORD appeared to him in a flame of fire from the midst of a bush.
  • Moreover He said, “I am the God of your father—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.” And Moses hid his face, for he was afraid to look upon God.

again

And the Angel of the LORD said to him, “Why do you ask My name, seeing it is wonderful?”
So Manoah took the young goat with the grain offering, and offered it upon the rock to the LORD. And He did a wondrous thing while Manoah and his wife looked on— it happened as the flame went up toward heaven from the altar—the Angel of the LORD ascended in the flame of the altar! When Manoah and his wife saw this, they fell on their faces to the ground. When the Angel of the LORD appeared no more to Manoah and his wife, then Manoah knew that He was the Angel of the LORD.
And Manoah said to his wife, “We shall surely die, because we have seen God!” Judges 13:18-22

• And the Angel of the LORD said to him, “Why do you ask My name, seeing it is wonderful?”

• When the Angel of the LORD appeared no more to Manoah and his wife, then Manoah knew that He was the Angel of the LORD.

• And Manoah said to his wife, “We shall surely die, because we have seen God!”

Everyone in the Old Testament who saw GOD were not seeing God the Father, but rather they were seeing God the Son; the Angel of the LORD.

No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him. John 1:18

JLB

It's a matter of English grammar. An angel of the LORD does not mean the angel is the LORD. The way the words of and is operate in English aren't the same. An angel can be present while the LORD talks, both can coexist without one contradicting the other. I already showed you an example of where the LORD's angel is not the LORD having a conversation with himself.

Zecharia 1

Not sure why you replied with this. Are you attempting to write Jesus' existence into the Old Testament? There is nothing in accordance with a "God the Son" written in the Old Testament or New Testament. All of these points about him were prophecies that existed in God's foreknowledge and were later fulfilled after he was born.

Furthermore, the Old Testament itself clearly shows that Jesus is not God. It's not something anyone believed. You were already shown those verses where we proved Jesus is not YHWH, the I AM, or the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. (Acts 3:13, Exodus 3:14,15 aren't going away) There is a lot more, but I think the clearest examples will serve you the best.

Acts 4
23On their release, Peter and John returned to their own people and reported everything that the chief priests and elders had said to them. 24When the believers heard this, they lifted up their voices to God with one accord. “Sovereign Lord,” they said, “You made the heaven and the earth and the sea and everything in them. 25You spoke by the Holy Spirit through the mouth of Your servant, our father David:

‘Why do the nations rage
against the Lord

27In fact, this is the very city where Herod and Pontius Pilate conspired with the Gentiles and the people of Israel against Your holy servant Jesus, whom You anointed. 28They carried out what Your hand and will had decided beforehand would happen. 29And now, Lord, consider their threats, and enable Your servants to speak Your word with complete boldness, 30as You stretch out Your hand to heal and perform signs and wonders through the name of Your holy servant Jesus.”
Not sure why you replied with this. Are you attempting to write Jesus' existence into the Old Testament?

The parallels “in the beginning,” “Word, Voice” “walking in Eden, became flesh and dwelt among us” are clear and obvious. The apostle John pointed to Jesus’ existence in the Old Testament:

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. (Gen. 1:1 NKJ)

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God

And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth. (Jn. 1:14 NKJ) (Jn. 1:1 NKJ)

And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden. (Gen. 3:8 KJV)

There is nothing in accordance with a "God the Son" written in the Old Testament

Who has ascended into heaven, or descended? Who has gathered the wind in His fists? Who has bound the waters in a garment? Who has established all the ends of the earth? What is His name, and what is His Son's name, If you know? (Prov. 30:4 NKJ)

or New Testament.

God alone is to be worshiped, disciples confess Jesus it the Son of God” = God the Son:

33 Then those who were in the boat came and worshiped Him, saying, "Truly You are the Son of God."
34 When they had crossed over, they came to the land of Gennesaret. (Matt. 14:33-34 NKJ)

Jesus is God’s Son, the “true God” and belief in that is “eternal life”:

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. (1 Jn. 5:20 KJV)

All of these points about him were prophecies that existed in God's foreknowledge and were later fulfilled after he was born.

Unclear what you claim here. The prophets saw Christ’s day and were glad:

56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.
57 Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?
58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am. (Jn. 8:56-58 KJV)

Furthermore, the Old Testament itself clearly shows that Jesus is not God.

"Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel," which is translated, "God with us."

“Me” is Yahweh the Son who was pierced:

"And I will pour on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem the Spirit of grace and supplication; then they will look on Me whom they pierced. Yes, they will mourn for Him as one mourns for his only son, and grieve for Him as one grieves for a firstborn. (Zech. 12:10 NKJ)

It's not something anyone believed.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. (Jn. 1:1 NKJ)

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifested in the flesh, Justified in the Spirit, Seen by angels, Preached among the Gentiles, Believed on in the world, Received up in glory. (1 Tim. 3:16-4:1 NKJ)

7 Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. Even so, Amen.
8 "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End," says the Lord, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty." (Rev. 1:7-8 NKJ)

You were already shown those verses where we proved Jesus is not YHWH, the I AM, or the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. (Acts 3:13, Exodus 3:14,15 aren't going away)

You yourself prove God has more than one name when you call Him Yahweh, thus invalidating your eisegesis. AND as Jesus has two natures, as man He is a servant of God. Nothing contradicts His status as God the Son.

There is a lot more, but I think the clearest examples will serve you the best.
Acts 4
23On their release, Peter and John returned to their own people and reported everything that the chief priests and elders had said to them. 24When the believers heard this,
they lifted up their voices to God with one accord. “Sovereign Lord,” they said, “You made the heaven and the earth and the sea and everything in them. 25You spoke by the Holy Spirit through the mouth of Your servant, our father David:
‘Why do the nations rage
against the Lord
27In fact, this is the very city where Herod and Pontius Pilate conspired with the Gentiles and the people of Israel against
Your holy servant Jesus, whom You anointed. 28They carried out what Your hand and will had decided beforehand would happen. 29And now, Lord, consider their threats, and enable Your servants to speak Your word with complete boldness, 30as You stretch out Your hand to heal and perform signs and wonders through the name of Your holy servant Jesus.”

That “begs the question”, yes the Father is God, and Jesus the Christ, God’s anointed. But Jesus is also God the Son, who added to Himself human nature by becoming “flesh” and so nothing in your text contradicts Trinitarian belief.

That “begs the question”, yes the Father is God, and Jesus the Christ, God’s anointed. But Jesus is also God the Son, who added to Himself human nature by becoming “flesh” and so nothing in your text contradicts Trinitarian belief.
Then he either forgot to mention it a single recorded time or maybe he didn't mention it because it isn't true. Must have not been a relevant talking point for him. On the other hand, he sung his God and Father's praises. He always talked about the Father being God.

Then he either forgot to mention it a single recorded time or maybe he didn't mention it because it isn't true. Must have not been a relevant talking point for him. On the other hand, he sung his God and Father's praises. He always talked about the Father being God.
Interesting evasion of the proofs God the Son is in the Bible, to repeat a claim I just proved untrue.

The basic premise of your argument is God is cannot be certain things. As man can't have two natures neither can God. But that premise contradicts scripture:

But Jesus looked at them and said to them, "With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." (Matt. 19:26 NKJ)

I'm curious what you believe about God, how does He stack up to the "other elohim"

For example, the JW's have Jehovah God as the biggest (or most powerful) "spirit body" on top of the Parthenon, Jesus "a-god" just below Him, but above the other "Elohim" in spirit bodies, all living in a place called "heaven":

"While there are physical bodies visible and palpable, there are also spiritual bodies, invisible to human eyes and entirely beyond human senses. (1 Cor. 15:44) The bodies of spiritual persons (God, Christ, the angels) are glorious...The true God is not omnipresent."--Aid To Bible Understanding, p. 247, 665 (Watchtower Bible & Tract Society, 1971)

Is that your belief also?

That Jesus is greater than the "elohim angels of God", but lesser than Yahweh, all living in finite but glorious "spirit bodies"?

Its time you revealed your concept of God, so we can see the God you see, and judge whether He is the God of the Bible.

Last edited:

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back