Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] The House

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
or someone stole power ,if the meter was off its removed then cocked and sealed again ,it can't generate reads in the off in either a digital or analog or a smart meter .

you can't simply force a dial by mechanically spinning it ,it uses power to read .the other two work like a a volt meter.

I,use to read and report theft.we arrested the thieves .the last one I did was the bypass of the meter can with jumper cables .

if they are charging you ,its by making up a read
I suspect they changed out meters to a rigged one then back again. And....I think they tried to mess with the breaker box but ran into a large wasp nest. The person we had check said the breaker box was partially open and they could see a large active nest inside.

Last edited:
I suspect they changed out meters to a rigged one then back again. And....I think they tried to mess with the breaker box but ran into a large wasp nest. The person we had check said the breaker box was partially open and they could see a large active nest inside.
again a digital meter can be reprogrammed ,a dial would require wiring done in your house .a whole lot of effort to get that ,damaging a no longer produced analog will cost them,a lot ,a digital meter not so much. you can reprogram them but if they at just gonna have the meter tech shop do that ,why not just you?why not all empty houses or low users ?

also a bee or wasp nests don't stop meter reading or meter removal .I have killed many ,usually in water meter boxes ,near or in the can implies that the riser having a weather head was broken or missing and or a drop removed ,or its fed from underground and the riser is still there .,finally if its sealed ,then the wasps gain access after the meter was tampered with .

im the -last- person to try to psychoanalyze another person. psych labels are often used to ignore someone who is saying something other do not want to hear, basically. having said that...

for -obvious reasons- i am prone to seeing (potential) plots and double, triple meanings, all around me. ugh. right now, I've found that topping off my high dose vitamin protocol (DIY Orthomolecular, basically) with rhodiola and ashwagandha, both from a reputable brand...

truly 'helps,' not in a shut down the brain, maybe the 'noia will go away sort of way, more of a...calmer, slightly improved concentration, surprisingly improved quality of sleep sort of way. some companies put the 2 together in combo pills, but I am rather fond of this brand, so I got the 2, separately.

blah blah blah...my vote goes for someone stealing your power. parents both volunteer at a non-profit that gets along on a tight budget, and...its happened to them, more than once I think.

again a digital meter can be reprogrammed ,a dial would require wiring done in your house .a whole lot of effort to get that ,damaging a no longer produced analog will cost them,a lot ,a digital meter not so much. you can reprogram them but if they at just gonna have the meter tech shop do that ,why not just you?why not all empty houses or low users ?
They want my house. The houses in our area selling for $250k - $300k range. Back when we first moved we were inundated with house flipper offers to buy it no questions asked(so they said). We thought we had a verbal deal, but when the contract arrived, it was full of hidden fees etc to where they would've gotten the house for pennies on the dollar. ALL real estate agents refused to list the house. Instead each one insisted we turn it over to their flipper friends. That alone is unethical.
Next thing we know, the taxes jumped to $6k and the electric bill more than quadrupled. Again we were flooded through mail/phone/text to turn the house over to flippers to basically steal the house. We refused because my wife said in order to buy a house here in Hawaii, we HAVE to have $100k to put down on even a modest house in order to pay the highly inflated property prices here. She said we have to go back and properly empty/ repair the house so it can be properly listed to maximize the value so we have something to put down on a home here.
I don't want to go back as I fear for our safety.

They want my house. The houses in our area selling for $250k - $300k range. Back when we first moved we were inundated with house flipper offers to buy it no questions asked(so they said). We thought we had a verbal deal, but when the contract arrived, it was full of hidden fees etc to where they would've gotten the house for pennies on the dollar. ALL real estate agents refused to list the house. Instead each one insisted we turn it over to their flipper friends. That alone is unethical.
Next thing we know, the taxes jumped to $6k and the electric bill more than quadrupled. Again we were flooded through mail/phone/text to turn the house over to flippers to basically steal the house. We refused because my wife said in order to buy a house here in Hawaii, we HAVE to have $100k to put down on even a modest house in order to pay the highly inflated property prices here. She said we have to go back and properly empty/ repair the house so it can be properly listed to maximize the value so we have something to put down on a home here.
I don't want to go back as I fear for our safety.
a utility wants your house ?

while it may be in legal in my,state to have 24 your acees to the meter and any related equipment that the utility owns ,they can't temper with the can outside of testing it for safety .

a utility ,especially a large one ,even my old 40000 customers ,that potential headache isn't worth it
we have played games with those that refused access ,ie a 1000 kWh to,the read ,pulled the drop and that's a 500 plus charge on top of the other bill ,code enforcement ,refuse to reinstall the meter after its removal . but most of the time this wasnt done .trust me we are too nice .the things I see with utilities ,customer owes 300 for water use for months ,its shut off pays 100,and its turned on ,we charge 75 to turn back on. these do it monthly .

im the -last- person to try to psychoanalyze another person. psych labels are often used to ignore someone who is saying something other do not want to hear, basically. having said that...

for -obvious reasons- i am prone to seeing (potential) plots and double, triple meanings, all around me. ugh. right now, I've found that topping off my high dose vitamin protocol (DIY Orthomolecular, basically) with rhodiola and ashwagandha, both from a reputable brand...

truly 'helps,' not in a shut down the brain, maybe the 'noia will go away sort of way, more of a...calmer, slightly improved concentration, surprisingly improved quality of sleep sort of way. some companies put the 2 together in combo pills, but I am rather fond of this brand, so I got the 2, separately.

blah blah blah...my vote goes for someone stealing your power. parents both volunteer at a non-profit that gets along on a tight budget, and...its happened to them, more than once I think.
We thought this a possibility as well. But, while the electric bill was still sky high, our contact travelled to the house and saw nothing amiss. He videoed his inspection even around the meter. We saw no contraption/extension cords or anything else indicating theft. He even looked through the windows for a squatter.....nothing. No increase in water usage either. Thought maybe the water heater had a short and was grounding causing increased usage. Water heaters don't repair themselves though. The short could possibly burn itself out which would stop the arcing/shorting, but this theory is losing credibility. Having had a mechanical/analog meter in the past, we refused the new smart meters for as long as possible. We left the house one day back then for an all-day outing. When we got back, we noticed the power had been out and that that power was constantly browning out. We went on like this till our electronics were being threatened with damage. I was forced to allow the smart meter change out. The electric bill shot up then too.
Because of this past practice, I believe they pulled this stunt again thinking we would give them our home.....it backfired. My wife wants to get value for the home. Our son hates Hawaii and is so afraid he will be killed here, he won't leave the apartment alone. He is begging we go back to Houston. I am out voted.

a utility wants your house ?

while it may be in legal in my,state to have 24 your acees to the meter and any related equipment that the utility owns ,they can't temper with the can outside of testing it for safety .

a utility ,especially a large one ,even my old 40000 customers ,that potential headache isn't worth it
we have played games with those that refused access ,ie a 1000 kWh to,the read ,pulled the drop and that's a 500 plus charge on top of the other bill ,code enforcement ,refuse to reinstall the meter after its removal . but most of the time this wasnt done .trust me we are too nice .the things I see with utilities ,customer owes 300 for water use for months ,its shut off pays 100,and its turned on ,we charge 75 to turn back on. these do it monthly .
The utility doesn't want the house themselves, but are being paid to do their part to force us to sell. It is like death by a thousand cuts from whoever will take envelopes of cash. The head honchos of the utility may not even know what's being done, but all it takes is one employee taking one bribe to cause much damage to a targeted individual. All the little things being done are not enough in and of themselves to bother us, but if you start adding them together it becomes overwhelming. I could list so many things over the years it becomes mind-boggling.

The utility doesn't want the house themselves, but are being paid to do their part to force us to sell. It is like death by a thousand cuts from whoever will take envelopes of cash. The head honchos of the utility may not even know what's being done, but all it takes is one employee taking one bribe to cause much damage to a targeted individual. All the little things being done are not enough in and of themselves to bother us, but if you start adding them together it becomes overwhelming. I could list so many things over the years it becomes mind-boggling.
meter seals are numbered ,they are tracked ,the meter shop or in my case that would go to either the meter shop or my,department .since it would include a meter can ,likely the meter shop as they pulled ,built and installed cans ,though lineman can do that too and did ,aka service installation .

fpl requires its contractors to be bonded and also sign a waiver for meter reading as they pull and install meters .

meter seals are numbered ,they are tracked ,the meter shop or in my case that would go to either the meter shop or my,department .since it would include a meter can ,likely the meter shop as they pulled ,built and installed cans ,though lineman can do that too and did ,aka service installation .

fpl requires its contractors to be bonded and also sign a waiver for meter reading as they pull and install meters .
Our seal is an old wire/plastic tab affair. I found it easy to separate and reattach. I'm sure they did too. It apparently is defective or rigged.....dunno.

i think people who have not experienced the harsh(er) end of what human beings are capable of find it hard to believe some things that daninthelionsden writes out for us, here. especially in modern, 'therapeutic' cultural mindset we're all programmed to have, one might be inclined to think of...I dunno, doesn't matter. thing is...

-sigh- my own experiences of the rough side of humanity have been (and are) much different than daninthelionsden , but the overlap is obvious: human beings do horrible things to each other, on a regular basis...given the opportunity and motivation. :-(

so...ramble, ramble...I'm glad he comes here to write out what's gone on, is going on, etc., just as I am glad I can (and do, all too often) come here to do the same, because...

in Christ, all of us can pray for each other here, anyway. whether its a middle-middle class, respectable individual who cannot fathom such things, or people who have seen such things...

blah blah blah. i guess I'm saying, because I have this happen to me, while its good to share info and "walk people thru" things, try not to assume that people who are writing basically anonymously about their own lives necessarily 'need help' and/or need to be convinced of some 'reality' about the situation.

Our seal is an old wire/plastic tab affair. I found it easy to separate and reattach. I'm sure they did too. It apparently is defective or rigged.....dunno.
they are meant to be replaced ,if a meter was on I checked the old seal if it wasn't supposed to be they are one time use .

if they suspected ,the shop came out pulled meters and cops arrested .locks are used for this too but those cost

they are meant to be replaced ,if a meter was on I checked the old seal if it wasn't supposed to be they are one time use .

if they suspected ,the shop came out pulled meters and cops arrested .locks are used for this too but those cost
I think they keep it there to their advantage. I don't think they realize I bypass it as well.

i think people who have not experienced the harsh(er) end of what human beings are capable of find it hard to believe some things that daninthelionsden writes out for us, here. especially in modern, 'therapeutic' cultural mindset we're all programmed to have, one might be inclined to think of...I dunno, doesn't matter. thing is...

-sigh- my own experiences of the rough side of humanity have been (and are) much different than daninthelionsden , but the overlap is obvious: human beings do horrible things to each other, on a regular basis...given the opportunity and motivation. :-(

so...ramble, ramble...I'm glad he comes here to write out what's gone on, is going on, etc., just as I am glad I can (and do, all too often) come here to do the same, because...

in Christ, all of us can pray for each other here, anyway. whether its a middle-middle class, respectable individual who cannot fathom such things, or people who have seen such things...

blah blah blah. i guess I'm saying, because I have this happen to me, while its good to share info and "walk people thru" things, try not to assume that people who are writing basically anonymously about their own lives necessarily 'need help' and/or need to be convinced of some 'reality' about the situation.
I'm not doubting but showing that just because you have neighbors watching ,leave and empty house with power ,people will squat .
I remember the meth house on my paper route ,its utilities pulled and yet persons squatted.landlords paying for fire damage cuz tenant who was arrested stole power and caught the house on fire .

butterknives used as meter by passes ,other utility meters installed or ours relocated .

huts of pallets built and extension cords ran directly from the meter can ,our lineman removed that and called the firemarshall .
landlords paying electricians to rig a 50 or more can meter bank to by pass the meter and he gets free power .

I think they keep it there to their advantage. I don't think they realize I bypass it as well.
no ,they know ,give it time ,your meter fails the shop,pulls the old meter,and notices the can seal ,immediately will test the can ,they report its status .

we had a few bad cans the customer won't fix and guess the usage .one read was 4832 ,its location and read I still remember .3 or more years that can was bad .it was a sign light power .100 kWh hours charged .

the others were ones I know from drops pulled by the meter never removed ,I always looked at the weather head and if the jack or drop disconnected ,input the last read .seals were broken on one .

a utility if its wanting to save money will keep seals for replacment ,I had to replace seals ,I kept them in my truck . I would eye seals ,if rusty I tugged ,they broke easily ,I would come back and replace ,trouble code 3 ,broken seal,theft

I'm not doubting but showing that just because you have neighbors watching ,leave and empty house with power ,people will squat .
I remember the meth house on my paper route ,its utilities pulled and yet persons squatted.landlords paying for fire damage cuz tenant who was arrested stole power and caught the house on fire .

butterknives used as meter by passes ,other utility meters installed or ours relocated .

huts of pallets built and extension cords ran directly from the meter can ,our lineman removed that and called the firemarshall .
landlords paying electricians to rig a 50 or more can meter bank to by pass the meter and he gets free power .
We'll find out for sure in 2 or 3 months.......longer if I can stall enough. All I can tell you is my best guess what's going on. The past experiences indicate tampering. No increase in water usage indicates no squatters. Also the same consistent pattern of which lights are always on/off indicate no one there.

skip 5 ,damaged meter/no display .if I saw lights on ,I reported that ,if not I asked the customer if they had power ,if so I inputted the read ,if not asked if they called it in ,if not I would .I would not turn my machine until the power was restored .

unless it was a big power outage ,I had a whole street do that and I called my,boss and told him finish the route ate lunch and ran out the street reading the meters,only digitals,an analog will always have a read .

We'll find out for sure in 2 or 3 months.......longer if I can stall enough. All I can tell you is my best guess what's going on. The past experiences indicate tampering. No increase in water usage indicates no squatters. Also the same consistent pattern of which lights are always on/off indicate no one there.
water can be stolen but consider this ,your lights may be off ,your heater or a.c. my have a runaway thermostat .

the things I see with power and water with empty homes .

no one in the home ,just preset lights and cooling ,large house 10000kWh usage .

no ,they know ,give it time ,your meter fails the shop,pulls the old meter,and notices the can seal ,immediately will test the can ,they report its status .

we had a few bad cans the customer won't fix and guess the usage .one read was 4832 ,its location and read I still remember .3 or more years that can was bad .it was a sign light power .100 kWh hours charged .

the others were ones I know from drops pulled by the meter never removed ,I always looked at the weather head and if the jack or drop disconnected ,input the last read .seals were broken on one .

a utility if its wanting to save money will keep seals for replacment ,I had to replace seals ,I kept them in my truck . I would eye seals ,if rusty I tugged ,they broke easily ,I would come back and replace ,trouble code 3 ,broken seal,theft
Even when they replaced the old mechanical/analog meter with the smart meter, they kept the same faulty 20+ year old seal there. They had to have removed it then put it right back on. I removed it numerous times to check if a power outage to our house was neighborhood wide or limited to just our house as our old meter box has a by-pass. When we get back, I'll take some pics and show you. You'll have to show me how to post them here though.

water can be stolen but consider this ,your lights may be off ,your heater or a.c. my have a runaway thermostat .

the things I see with power and water with empty homes .

no one in the home ,just preset lights and cooling ,large house 10000kWh usage .
Yeah but the usage climbed every month until we announced we were going back. Then the power was shut off to the house. When they turned it back on, the power was back to normal.......explain that one.

Back