Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

The identity of the antichrist in 5 verses

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Hi n2thelight,

I see you are someone who would like to know the truth, which is very commendable. Now we have to be careful of course when we read all the different teachings that are available today. God made His word for everyday people, though of course it does take study. So be encouraged as you work with the Holy Spirit & the common sense He has given you, to think, ask & work through different topics. They may at first seem difficult, but really I believe man has brought in a lot of theories & made it confusing.

All the best in your study, Marilyn.

Hi n2thelight,

I see you are someone who would like to know the truth, which is very commendable. Now we have to be careful of course when we read all the different teachings that are available today. God made His word for everyday people, though of course it does take study. So be encouraged as you work with the Holy Spirit & the common sense He has given you, to think, ask & work through different topics. They may at first seem difficult, but really I believe man has brought in a lot of theories & made it confusing.

All the best in your study, Marilyn.

Thank you so much for the kind words,it's rare that Ive had such a kind exchange with members of any Christian site,it's almost always argumenitive(guess that's a word) :)...

May God bless you in your studies as well....Not going anywhere,so Im sure we'll have another topic of discussion..Think we still have one on going that I shall reply to...

Hi n2thelight,

Now as regards those notes you posted. As I`ve said before I can`t talk to the person who wrote it so all I can do is point out to you my thoughts.

I agree that Satan `appears,` as the anti-Christ, controlling the man, but they are separate beings. One is a man & the other is an angelic being. Now as if God is going to let Satan get away if he was the one cast into the lake of fire. of course not. The man, the anti-Christ, the Head of the Global beastly government, he is cast into the lake of fire. Then the angelic being is bound & cast into the bottomless pit for a thousand years. God is not confused or powerless to let Satan escape.

That writer is in a muddle over things & will only confuse you. You need to read God`s word to see what it actually says. For example -

The one-world political system is made up of people. These will be judged at the `sheep & goats,` judgment. How can you throw a system into the lake of fire. Throw in computers, files, bank ledgers, etc etc. Nonsense.

Marilyn.

So you feel satan will not be here live and in person?If not,what does he do when he gets kicked out of Heaven?

satan cannot pretend to be Christ by posession of a man,he is super natural and will appear as such...Only satan can be the antichrist,not a man possesed....

Example,did the angels in the story of lot need to posses a human host in order to be seen?No they did'nt,so my question is why do you feel satan must?

Hi n2thelight,

Now you have been thinking I see & come up with some very good points.

When Satan was cast out of the 3rd heaven, where God`s throne is, he went down to the Celestial heavens, (the Universe). This area of authority is called `the Principalities & Powers` area. Then we know that in the great tribulation that Satan & his demonic angels will be cast out of that area & come down further (in authority) & they will be limited just to the earth.

`Woe to the earth & the sea; because the devil has come down to you, having great wrath knowing that he has only a short time.` (Rev. 12: 12)

Yes, angels did appear in human form, but that is all it was, an appearance, not the actual flesh & blood of a human body. The angels would have a `unreal,` `glowing` about them.

You were right when you pointed to Satan as `was, is not, ...`

`And the beast that was, & is not, is himself also the eighth, & is of the seven, & is going to perdition.` (Rev. 17: 11)

Now remember that one of the seven heads (leaders) was seemingly killed. Well in the above verse we see that Satan is the 8th & the man, the global leader is the 7th. Then we read that the 8th,Satan `is of the seven.` This means that Satan possesses/controls the 7th. Note there is a 7th & an 8th. Two distinct entities.

Marilyn.

Hi n2thelight,

Now you have been thinking I see & come up with some very good points.

When Satan was cast out of the 3rd heaven, where God`s throne is, he went down to the Celestial heavens, (the Universe). This area of authority is called `the Principalities & Powers` area. Then we know that in the great tribulation that Satan & his demonic angels will be cast out of that area & come down further (in authority) & they will be limited just to the earth.

`Woe to the earth & the sea; because the devil has come down to you, having great wrath knowing that he has only a short time.` (Rev. 12: 12)

Yes, angels did appear in human form, but that is all it was, an appearance, not the actual flesh & blood of a human body. The angels would have a `unreal,` `glowing` about them.

You were right when you pointed to Satan as `was, is not, ...`

`And the beast that was, & is not, is himself also the eighth, & is of the seven, & is going to perdition.` (Rev. 17: 11)

Now remember that one of the seven heads (leaders) was seemingly killed. Well in the above verse we see that Satan is the 8th & the man, the global leader is the 7th. Then we read that the 8th,Satan `is of the seven.` This means that Satan possesses/controls the 7th. Note there is a 7th & an 8th. Two distinct entities.

Marilyn.

That's what it's all about,the apperance of satan,my point was the fact that satan shall appear as well,meaning no need for a human host....

satan is all of them

Revelation 17:10 "And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space."

There were ten kings at first, but this deals with seven different kings. These seven kings have been over their dominions for some time. There is only one king that Christ has given power over all the earth in the past two thousand years, and that king is Satan. These seven kings represent the seven offices that Satan has held, from the "dragon" in the first earth age, "serpent" in the garden, all the way through this age to the Antichrist at the end of this age. There has been five roles that Satan has and is playing to this date, and Satan is our "accuser" before the throne of God today, but in time he will be right here on earth filling the role of Antichrist, which will be for a very short time. Satan's final role starts shortly, very shortly, with Michael casting him out of heaven [Revelation 12:7]. He will have only five months in his final role of this earth age.
Revelation 17:11 "And the beast that was, and is not even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition."
Remember in verse eight, "he" was the one out of the pit. Satan's "eighth" role is when he goes into perdition. Why, "of the seven"? Because he was over the seven, one entity in all seven positions; and now this eighth is his last.
No one except Satan has been judged and sentenced already to perdition, as recorded in Ezekiel 28:18. This beast is the son of perdition, and "perdition" means "to destroy" or destroyer.

How can satan pretend to be Christ by posessing a mere mortal man,again satan is supernatural and he shall come doing supernatural things

Revelation 13:13 "And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men."

Verse 13 is not a man posessed,but rather is indeed satan himself

Hi n2thelight,

Those notes you have from...... are not scripturally based but someone`s far fetched opinions.

Where does it mention `Satan`s roles` in God`s word?
Where does it say that Christ gave Satan power over the earth? He usurped it through man & that is why Jesus came to take it back. That writer has even got basic beliefs wrong.

From now on I will just talk to you & not some one`s notes. That is not a proper discussion n2. You have good questions yourself but I need to see you working through what I say, otherwise it`s just me receiving all these notes from someone on the internet. Do you see what I mean. I`d rather have a personal conversation with you, bro.

Blessings, Marilyn.

Hi n2thelight,

Those notes you have from...... are not scripturally based but someone`s far fetched opinions.

Where does it mention `Satan`s roles` in God`s word?
Where does it say that Christ gave Satan power over the earth? He usurped it through man & that is why Jesus came to take it back. That writer has even got basic beliefs wrong.

From now on I will just talk to you & not some one`s notes. That is not a proper discussion n2. You have good questions yourself but I need to see you working through what I say, otherwise it`s just me receiving all these notes from someone on the internet. Do you see what I mean. I`d rather have a personal conversation with you, bro.

Blessings, Marilyn.

Cool

So why do you feel satan must or will posses a man?

As for his role,what did he play in the garden

Last edited:
Hi n2thelight,

Now that is a very good & thoughtful question. Excellent, bro.

`So why do I believe the Satan must or will possess a man.` Satan has always sought to mimic, or even worse be as God. God is the Father, the Son & the Holy Spirit. Thus Satan will have his parody, counterfeit of the Godhead. He desires to be -

The Father - & have all the authority, the throne & power. (the dragon)
The Anti-Christ (1st beast)- does the father`s will. (And the dragon gave him, his power, his throne, & his great authority. Rev. 13: 2)
The False Prophet (2nd beast)- like the Holy Spirit, always points to the `Son.`(He exercises all the authority of the first beast in his presence, & causes the earth & those who dwell in it to worship the first beast. Rev. 13: 12)

Marilyn.

Hi n2thelight,

Now that is a very good & thoughtful question. Excellent, bro.

`So why do I believe the Satan must or will possess a man.` Satan has always sought to mimic, or even worse be as God. God is the Father, the Son & the Holy Spirit. Thus Satan will have his parody, counterfeit of the Godhead. He desires to be -

The Father - & have all the authority, the throne & power. (the dragon)
The Anti-Christ (1st beast)- does the father`s will. (And the dragon gave him, his power, his throne, & his great authority. Rev. 13: 2)
The False Prophet (2nd beast)- like the Holy Spirit, always points to the `Son.`(He exercises all the authority of the first beast in his presence, & causes the earth & those who dwell in it to worship the first beast. Rev. 13: 12)

Marilyn.

Okay so what about the rest of his angels,,ie,locust army, you really feel they'll be subject to the rule of a man?

Also why is the man (the beast )thrown in the fire before being judged

Hi n2thelight,

You really have a good store of interesting questions there.:study

1. The locust army. `And they had a king over them the angel of the bottomless pit,....` (Rev. 9: 11) Satan rules over his demons.
2. The Man beast cast into the lake of fire. Why, without going to the great white throne? He knew that it was Satan he was obeying, thus there was no room for repentance.
3. Satan doesn`t deceive the world that he is the anti-Christ. `So they worshipped the dragon (Satan) who gave authority to the beast (man). Rev. 13: 4)

Hope that helps, Marilyn.

Hi n2thelight,

You really have a good store of interesting questions there.:study

1. The locust army. `And they had a king over them the angel of the bottomless pit,....` (Rev. 9: 11) Satan rules over his demons.
2. The Man beast cast into the lake of fire. Why, without going to the great white throne? He knew that it was Satan he was obeying, thus there was no room for repentance.
3. Satan doesn`t deceive the world that he is the anti-Christ. `So they worshipped the dragon (Satan) who gave authority to the beast (man). Rev. 13: 4)

Hope that helps, Marilyn.

1-Yes I know he rules over them what Im asking is will they posses people as well,after they are kicked out of Heaven

2-Nobody will know it's satan as they shall think he(satan)is Christ

3-Correct he dos'nt, he deceives the world into thinking he is the Christ

So back to point 1 this person(being possed) will not know therefore he can't be judged in ignorance thats the reason for the strong delussion

Do you think people will willingly worship satan?

Hi n2thelight,

Thank you for giving me your thoughts.

1. Demons will continue to possess people - ` `..they did not repent of the works of their hands, that they should not worship demons.....& did not repent of their....sorceries...` (Rev. 9: 20 & 21)
The locust, demonic army, we are told attack people like a scorpion sting. That would paralyse people & be in great pain. They would like to be dead, `they will desire to die & death will flee from them..` (Rev. 9: 6) however as they are paralysed they can do nothing except be in great pain.

2. Satan doesn`t jump out of the lake of fire & then get bound. God knows who & what he is doing.

3. People do know that it is Satan who gives the anti-Christ his authority & great power. God`s word tells. `..they worshipped the dragon who gave authority to the beast..` (Rev. 13: 2)

And yes I believe that people will willingly worship Satan.

Marilyn.

Hi again Marilyn

1.The locust army are satans angels that get kicked out of Heaven at the same time satan does,they don't and won't look like hideous animals,they are the same one's who took of the daughters of man in Gen 6

Genesis 6:2 "That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose."

Revelation 12:7 "And there was war in heaven: Mi'-cha-el and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,,"

Revelation 12:8 "And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven."

Revelation 12:9 "And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Sa'-tan, which deceived the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him."

II Corinthians 11:15 "Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed [fashioned themselves] as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works."

It's all about deception,not pain and suffering

Daniel 8:25 "And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify himself in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many: he shall also stand up against the Prince of princes; but he shall be broken without hand."

2.Not understanding what you're saying

3.They will worship satan as Christ in ignorance because they will think he is Christ

II Thessalonians 2:4 "Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God."

Again it's all about deception

Revelation 13:13 "And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men."

Revelation 13:14 "And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live."

Last edited:
Hi n2thelight,

Yes I agree that Satan deceives the whole world. Good scriptures there. People will think that he is God but they will think that the anti-Christ, the global leader is `Christ,` the Messiah. Each of the 3 main religions, Jewish, Islamic & Christian are all looking for the `Christ,` the Messiah.

You brought up about the `locust army` & asked if they would possess people. I answered you that they would sting people like a scorpion - which makes people paralysed. (Rev. 9: 1 - 11)

Blessings, bro. Marilyn.

(PS. I`m off to sleep now, God bless.)

Hi n2thelight,

`And he opened the bottomless pit......then out of the smoke came locusts upon the earth....& they were not given authority to kill ...but to torment....like the torment of a scorpion...` (Rev. 13: 9: 1 - 5)

Marilyn.

Hi n2thelight,

Yes I agree that Satan deceives the whole world. Good scriptures there. People will think that he is God but they will think that the anti-Christ, the global leader is `Christ,` the Messiah. Each of the 3 main religions, Jewish, Islamic & Christian are all looking for the `Christ,` the Messiah.

You brought up about the `locust army` & asked if they would possess people. I answered you that they would sting people like a scorpion - which makes people paralysed. (Rev. 9: 1 - 11)

Blessings, bro. Marilyn.

(PS. I`m off to sleep now, God bless.)

The sting of the scorpion is not literal,it's the effect on the person as a scorpion on their prey,renders them helpless.....

Deception at it's finest....

Hi n2thelight,

Have you read -

`And their torment was like the torment of a scorpion when it strikes a man. In those days men will seek death & will not find it; they will desire to die, & death will flee from them.` (Rev. 9: 5 & 6)

That is clearly pain & suffering these people are enduring. Yes Satan is the deceiver but he also `robs, kills & destroys.` His different names describe his strategy.

`So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil & Satan, who deceives the whole world;...` (Rev. 12: 9)

The Dragon - the devourer. (Rev. 12: 4)
The Serpent - the deluder. (Gen. 3: 1)
The Devil - the destroyer. (John 10: 10)
Satan - the deceiver. (Rev. 12: 9)

Marilyn.

Hi n2thelight,

Have you read -

`And their torment was like the torment of a scorpion when it strikes a man. In those days men will seek death & will not find it; they will desire to die, & death will flee from them.` (Rev. 9: 5 & 6)

That is clearly pain & suffering these people are enduring. Yes Satan is the deceiver but he also `robs, kills & destroys.` His different names describe his strategy.

`So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil & Satan, who deceives the whole world;...` (Rev. 12: 9)

The Dragon - the devourer. (Rev. 12: 4)
The Serpent - the deluder. (Gen. 3: 1)
The Devil - the destroyer. (John 10: 10)
Satan - the deceiver. (Rev. 12: 9)

Marilyn.

So you actually think there will be creatures with scorpian tails going around stinging people....

As for those who will seek death and not find it,the reason will be because at this time we will have been changed,therefore you can't take your own life,as death of the flesh shall be over.....

Now back to these locust,read Joel chapter 1 It would also do well to read about the four stages of the locust in nature....

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back