Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Land Promises to Israel were Completed Long, Long Ago.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Here is more about Israel receiving the promised land which the wind says will never take place.

Ezekiel 39

25 Therefore thus saith the Lord God; Now will I bring again the captivity of Jacob, and have mercy upon the whole house of Israel, and will be jealous for my holy name;

26 After that they have borne their shame, and all their trespasses whereby they have trespassed against me, when they dwelt safely in their land, and none made them afraid.

27 When I have brought them again from the people, and gathered them out of their enemies' lands, and am sanctified in them in the sight of many nations;

28 Then shall they know that I am the Lord their God, which caused them to be led into captivity among the heathen: but I have gathered them unto their own land, and have left none of them any more there.

29 Neither will I hide my face any more from them: for I have poured out my spirit upon the house of Israel, saith the Lord God.

No.

That's just not what the Bible teaches.

The heavens AND earth are completely destroyed per alllll the verses that I posted in the post you quoted.

Thus, the New Heaven and New Earth come thereafter, but none who are alive physically on the earth today will be there unless they are worthy of heaven.

There will be no wicked/sinners on that earth at all and the devil and death will all be gone by then per 1 Cor. 15:24-27.
When the Bible contradicts itself sir, it is our understanding that is flawed, not the Bible. Time will reveal if either of us are correct in our opinion.

Here is more prophecy concerning the promised land being given to the saints of God after that land is destroyed with fire.And just like God had promised Abraham,it's an everlasting kingdom.

Daniel 7

19 Then I would know the truth of the fourth beast, which was diverse from all the others, exceeding dreadful, whose teeth were of iron, and his nails of brass; which devoured, brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with his feet;

20 And of the ten horns that were in his head, and of the other which came up, and before whom three fell; even of that horn that had eyes, and a mouth that spake very great things, whose look was more stout than his fellows.

21 I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them;

22 Until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom.

23 Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces.

24 And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings.

25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

26 But the judgment shall sit, and they shall take away his dominion, to consume and to destroy it unto the end.

27 And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.

28 Hitherto is the end of the matter. As for me Daniel, my cogitations much troubled me, and my countenance changed in me: but I kept the matter in my heart.

Here is more about the promised land being given to the twelve tribes of Israel.The borders are mentioned as well as the river of life and the trees .
The dead sea which people will fish in .
All this which the wind denies will ever take place.

"Because I swore with uplifted hand to give it to your ancestors, this land will become your inheritance."

Ezekiel 47
7 When I arrived there, I saw a great number of trees on each side of the river. 8 He said to me, “This water flows toward the eastern region and goes down into the Arabah,[b] where it enters the Dead Sea. When it empties into the sea, the salty water there becomes fresh. 9 Swarms of living creatures will live wherever the river flows. There will be large numbers of fish, because this water flows there and makes the salt water fresh; so where the river flows everything will live. 10 Fishermen will stand along the shore; from En Gedi to En Eglaim there will be places for spreading nets. The fish will be of many kinds—like the fish of the Mediterranean Sea. 11 But the swamps and marshes will not become fresh; they will be left for salt. 12 Fruit trees of all kinds will grow on both banks of the river. Their leaves will not wither, nor will their fruit fail. Every month they will bear fruit, because the water from the sanctuary flows to them. Their fruit will serve for food and their leaves for healing.”

The Boundaries of the Land​

13 This is what the Sovereign Lord says: “These are the boundaries of the land that you will divide among the twelve tribes of Israel as their inheritance, with two portions for Joseph. 14 You are to divide it equally among them. Because I swore with uplifted hand to give it to your ancestors, this land will become your inheritance.

15 “This is to be the boundary of the land:

“On the north side it will run from the Mediterranean Sea by the Hethlon road past Lebo Hamath to Zedad, 16 Berothah[c] and Sibraim (which lies on the border between Damascus and Hamath), as far as Hazer Hattikon, which is on the border of Hauran. 17 The boundary will extend from the sea to Hazar Enan,[d] along the northern border of Damascus, with the border of Hamath to the north. This will be the northern boundary.
18 “On the east side the boundary will run between Hauran and Damascus, along the Jordan between Gilead and the land of Israel, to the Dead Sea and as far as Tamar.[e] This will be the eastern boundary.
19 “On the south side it will run from Tamar as far as the waters of Meribah Kadesh, then along the Wadi of Egypt to the Mediterranean Sea. This will be the southern boundary.
20 “On the west side, the Mediterranean Sea will be the boundary to a point opposite Lebo Hamath. This will be the western boundary.
21 “You are to distribute this land among yourselves according to the tribes of Israel. 22 You are to allot it as an inheritance for yourselves and for the foreigners residing among you and who have children. You are to consider them as native-born Israelites; along with you they are to be allotted an inheritance among the tribes of Israel. 23 In whatever tribe a foreigner resides, there you are to give them their inheritance,” declares the Sovereign Lord.

This is what the wind says in the OP was fulfilled long ago.

Last edited:
When the Bible contradicts itself sir, it is our understanding that is flawed, not the Bible. Time will reveal if either of us are correct in our opinion.
Agreed.

I don't believe it does contradict itself, though it may only appear to in places.

That's why it's so easy to see, in my opinion, that the Millennium doctrine that is constructed from Rev. 20 is unsound; because we have so many other end times passages that contradict it. It is the doctrine that is contradicted, not the Bible.

What is presented in Rev. 20 is taking place at a different time, and in a slightly different way, than most are taught to understand it. The kingdom spoken of there is taking place right now. Jesus Himself said He was given all power and authority in heaven and earth in Matt. 28:18. He said Himself that the Kingdom was (at that present moment of speaking) not physically observable, not of this world and within the disciples He was speaking to in these verses in Luke 17:20-21 & John 18:36. The Bible tells us that Kingdom upon this earth ends in 1 Cor. 15:24.

So you're saying that the land promise to Abraham and his seed is not "an everlasting possession?"
It would appear that God is the one doing the "saying."

Just as I have shown in Joshua 23:14-15, if God says I will give you this backyard to live in forever if you obey Me and love Me and don't turn to the demon-gods of the neighbors', then you do everything God told you not to do and God says I will completely "destroy you out of this land", what would be the most logical, common sense interpretation of what happened there?

God gave you a wonderful gift that He'd promised to you and intended to allow you to have it forever.

You disobeyed, disrespected and infuriated God so badly, for so long, that He took it away from you .... forever.

Do you see any Scripture in the entire Bible that indicates that God intended for them to have the land back after He destroyed them out of it?
Israel doesn't possess that land now, so you're saying they never will? I don't think you have any ground to stand on with this one!
That depends on who you're referring to as Israel.

Whether they do now, or ever will, has nothing to do with the Bible. Any claims that the Bible gives them rights to it are clearly not Biblical, as has been shown in this thread.

Here is more prophecy concerning the promised land being given to the saints of God after that land is destroyed with fire.And just like God had promised Abraham,it's an everlasting kingdom.

Daniel 7

19 Then I would know the truth of the fourth beast, which was diverse from all the others, exceeding dreadful, whose teeth were of iron, and his nails of brass; which devoured, brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with his feet;

20 And of the ten horns that were in his head, and of the other which came up, and before whom three fell; even of that horn that had eyes, and a mouth that spake very great things, whose look was more stout than his fellows.

21 I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them;

22 Until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom.

23 Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces.

24 And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings.

25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

26 But the judgment shall sit, and they shall take away his dominion, to consume and to destroy it unto the end.

27 And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.

28 Hitherto is the end of the matter. As for me Daniel, my cogitations much troubled me, and my countenance changed in me: but I kept the matter in my heart.

Here is more about the promised land being given to the twelve tribes of Israel.The borders are mentioned as well as the river of life and the trees .
The dead sea which people will fish in .
All this which the wind denies will ever take place.

"Because I swore with uplifted hand to give it to your ancestors, this land will become your inheritance."

Ezekiel 47
7 When I arrived there, I saw a great number of trees on each side of the river. 8 He said to me, “This water flows toward the eastern region and goes down into the Arabah,[b] where it enters the Dead Sea. When it empties into the sea, the salty water there becomes fresh. 9 Swarms of living creatures will live wherever the river flows. There will be large numbers of fish, because this water flows there and makes the salt water fresh; so where the river flows everything will live. 10 Fishermen will stand along the shore; from En Gedi to En Eglaim there will be places for spreading nets. The fish will be of many kinds—like the fish of the Mediterranean Sea. 11 But the swamps and marshes will not become fresh; they will be left for salt. 12 Fruit trees of all kinds will grow on both banks of the river. Their leaves will not wither, nor will their fruit fail. Every month they will bear fruit, because the water from the sanctuary flows to them. Their fruit will serve for food and their leaves for healing.”

13 This is what the Sovereign Lord says: “These are the boundaries of the land that you will divide among the twelve tribes of Israel as their inheritance, with two portions for Joseph. 14 You are to divide it equally among them. Because I swore with uplifted hand to give it to your ancestors, this land will become your inheritance.

“On the north side it will run from the Mediterranean Sea by the Hethlon road past Lebo Hamath to Zedad, 16 Berothah[c] and Sibraim (which lies on the border between Damascus and Hamath), as far as Hazer Hattikon, which is on the border of Hauran. 17 The boundary will extend from the sea to Hazar Enan,[d] along the northern border of Damascus, with the border of Hamath to the north. This will be the northern boundary.
18 “On the east side the boundary will run between Hauran and Damascus, along the Jordan between Gilead and the land of Israel, to the Dead Sea and as far as Tamar.[e] This will be the eastern boundary.
19 “On the south side it will run from Tamar as far as the waters of Meribah Kadesh, then along the Wadi of Egypt to the Mediterranean Sea. This will be the southern boundary.
20 “On the west side, the Mediterranean Sea will be the boundary to a point opposite Lebo Hamath. This will be the western boundary.
21 “You are to distribute this land among yourselves according to the tribes of Israel. 22 You are to allot it as an inheritance for yourselves and for the foreigners residing among you and who have children. You are to consider them as native-born Israelites; along with you they are to be allotted an inheritance among the tribes of Israel. 23 In whatever tribe a foreigner resides, there you are to give them their inheritance,” declares the Sovereign Lord.

This is what the wind says in the OP was fulfilled long ago.
Thank you for posting all of that Scripture.
It is plain to see, thanks to the passages there, that all of this Scripture takes place before the Land was given.

Are you able to understand that?

What sense does it make, at all, that God would declare everything that I've posted throughout this thread and then talk again about promising to give that land?

None.

None at all.

Anybody who is reading along can look for themselves at these verses:

Look at:
Joshua 21:43-45
Joshua 23: 11-15
Nehemiah 9:7-8

Now, decide if the verses posted by Shilohsfoal appear to have transpired after God had already given, and taken away with force, all of the land that was promised.

Anyone who is honest will not agree to that.

It would appear that God is the one doing the "saying."

Just as I have shown in Joshua 23:14-15, if God says I will give you this backyard to live in forever if you obey Me and love Me and don't turn to the demon-gods of the neighbors', then you do everything God told you not to do and God says I will completely "destroy you out of this land", what would be the most logical, common sense interpretation of what happened there?

God gave you a wonderful gift that He'd promised to you and intended to allow you to have it forever.

You disobeyed, disrespected and infuriated God so badly, for so long, that He took it away from you .... forever.

Do you see any Scripture in the entire Bible that indicates that God intended for them to have the land back after He destroyed them out of it?

That depends on who you're referring to as Israel.

Whether they do now, or ever will, has nothing to do with the Bible. Any claims that the Bible gives them rights to it are clearly not Biblical, as has been shown in this thread.

Nope , afraid not! God made the promise to Abraham, and Abraham went to the grave with that promise!

Israel will possess the land promised to Abraham, an "everlasting possession, and it is yet to be fulfilled!

It is plain to see, thanks to the passages there, that all of this Scripture takes place before the Land was given.

What sense does it make, at all, that God would declare everything that I've posted throughout this thread and then talk again about promising to give that land?

None.

None at all.

Look at:

Now, decide if the verses posted by Shilohsfoal appear to have transpired after God had already given, and taken away with force, all of the land that was promised.

I don't see where God told anyone to write that he had already fulfilled his promise.

Where exactly does God tell someone to write that?
Where exactly does God say ,he fulfilled his promise?

Last edited:

None.

None at all.

Look at:

Now here ,the Lord declares by his prophet Ezekiel that he shall give to Israel the land that he promised to Israel.

Listen
!!!!! THIS IS WHAT THE SOVEREIGN LORD SAYS !!!!!

!!!!! DECLARES THE SOVEREIGN LORD !!!!!

Agreed.

I don't believe it does contradict itself, though it may only appear to in places.

That's why it's so easy to see, in my opinion, that the Millennium doctrine that is constructed from Rev. 20 is unsound; because we have so many other end times passages that contradict it. It is the doctrine that is contradicted, not the Bible.

What is presented in Rev. 20 is taking place at a different time, and in a slightly different way, than most are taught to understand it. The kingdom spoken of there is taking place right now. Jesus Himself said He was given all power and authority in heaven and earth in Matt. 28:18. He said Himself that the Kingdom was (at that present moment of speaking) not physically observable, not of this world and within the disciples He was speaking to in these verses in Luke 17:20-21 & John 18:36. The Bible tells us that Kingdom upon this earth ends in 1 Cor. 15:24.
The Bible tells us that Kingdom upon this earth ends in 1 Cor. 15:24.
What happens when that is fulfilled Wind?

Nope , afraid not! God made the promise to Abraham, and Abraham went to the grave with that promise!
It seems as if you are arguing with the Scriptures. That never goes very well.

The Prophet has more authority than you, my friend. And this is what he says:

"Thou are the Lord the God, who didst choose Abram, ... and gavest him the name of Abraham; ... and madest a covenant with him to give the land of the Canaanites ... to his seed, and hast performed Thy words, ..."
Nehamiah 9:7-8
Israel will possess the land promised to Abraham, an "everlasting possession, and it is yet to be fulfilled!
It has been fulfilled.

"And the Lord gave unto Israel all the land which He sware to give unto (Abraham); and they possessed it, and dwelt therein."
Joshua 21:43

Notice how it doesn't say they possess it - or dwell therein - to this day. (present tense)

It says they possessed and dwelt therein. (past tense)

That is because they lost that land for their disobedience.

Joshua 23:11-16

"There failed nothing of any good thing which the Lord had spoken unto the house of Israel; all came to pass."

It has been fulfilled.

Would you like to discuss any of these specific verses or just continue to refuse to admit that they exist?

What happens when that is fulfilled Wind?
If you're referring to the 1 Cor. 15:24 verse, that is the Last Day of the world - just as Jesus says it is.

He tells us many times in John that He will gather His people on the Last Day.
John 6:39, 40, 44, 54
John 11:24; 12:48

He says that He does this immediately after the Tribulation.
Matt. 24:29-31

Paul tells us that He resurrects the saints upon His coming and the end follows immediately. That is when His current kingdom is turned over to the Father and all is finished for this current physical, fallen earth. All wickedness is destroyed at that time, including death, and eternity ensues.
1 Cor. 15:23-27

No mention in any of that of any Millennial Kingdom commencing at that time. Pretty big detail to leave out of every major end time passage in Scripture.

It seems as if you are arguing with the Scriptures. That never goes very well.

The Prophet has more authority than you, my friend. And this is what he says:

"Thou are the Lord the God, who didst choose Abram, ... and gavest him the name of Abraham; ... and madest a covenant with him to give the land of the Canaanites ... to his seed, and hast performed Thy words, ..."
Nehamiah 9:7-8

It has been fulfilled.

"And the Lord gave unto Israel all the land which He sware to give unto (Abraham); and they possessed it, and dwelt therein."
Joshua 21:43

Notice how it doesn't say they possess it - or dwell therein - to this day. (present tense)

It says they possessed and dwelt therein. (past tense)

That is because they lost that land for their disobedience.

Joshua 23:11-16

"There failed nothing of any good thing which the Lord had spoken unto the house of Israel; all came to pass."

It has been fulfilled.

Would you like to discuss any of these specific verses or just continue to refuse to admit that they exist?

It lacks the "everlasting possession" part promised to Abraham!

As I said before, yes, they had the land possession and lost it.

That is proof the "everlasting possession" has not taken place.

Another thing to consider is Abraham was never given the land of Canaan by God.

Evidence of this is Abraham paid the Hittites silver for the cave as a burial place for Sarah where Abraham now lay.The Hittites were the rightful owners of the land where Abraham said he was a stranger therefore Abraham went to speak to them to purchase the field with the cave.
Abraham died having not been given all the land of Canaan .Abraham ,having not received the promise looked ahead to receiving at later time.For this same reason Isaac,Jacob,and Joseph made sure that they would be buried in the land they they would later recieve as an everlasting possession.

There will already be Israelites occupying the land given them when Jesus returns.
Where else would expect to find Israelites when Christ returns , Japan ?
The "Given back" premise of this thread is based in a fundamental lack of biblical understanding.
The major change that will take place the day of Christ's return is HOW they will occupy the land.
Up until then they will be under constant threat of violence & death, but upon His return they will occupy the land in peace & safety.

Zec 3:9
................... I will remove the iniquity of that land in one day.

Zec 3:10
In that day, saith the LORD of hosts, shall ye call every man his neighbour under the vine and under the fig tree.

Last edited:

The "everlasting possession" was conditional - just as the Promise itself was.

Observe:

"And the Lord appeared unto Abram and said, unto thy seed will I give this land: ..."
Gen. 12:7

"But take diligent heed to do the Commandment and the Law, ... to love the Lord your God, and to walk in all His Ways, and to keep His Commandments and to cleave unto Him, and to serve Him with all your heart and all your soul."
Joshua 22:5

"If thou wilt not observe to do all the words of this Law ... that thou mayest fear this glorious and fearful Name, THE LORD THY GOD (Jehovah/Yahweh); then the Lord will make thy plagues wonderful, and the plagues of thy seed, even great plagues and of long continuance, ... until thou be destroyed. And ye shall be left few in number, ... because thou wouldest not obey the voice of the Lord thy God. And it shall come to pass that ... the Lord will rejoice over you to destroy you, and to bring you to nought; and ye shall be plucked from off the land whither thou goest to possess it. And the Lord shall scatter thee among all people, from the one end of the earth even unto the other; and there shalt thou serve other gods ... and the Lord shall bring you into Egypt again ..."
Deut. 28:58-59, 61-64, 68.

No mention anywhere of returning to the Promised Land.

Can you provide any Scripture that shows God claiming that Israel will be returned to the Promised Land after they lost it, or any that shows them returning to it to possess it again forever?

I'd appreciate the Scripture as I have no knowledge of having ever read that.

The "everlasting possession" was conditional - just as the Promise itself was.

Observe:

"And the Lord appeared unto Abram and said, unto thy seed will I give this land: ..."
Gen. 12:7

"But take diligent heed to do the Commandment and the Law, ... to love the Lord your God, and to walk in all His Ways, and to keep His Commandments and to cleave unto Him, and to serve Him with all your heart and all your soul."
Joshua 22:5

"If thou wilt not observe to do all the words of this Law ... that thou mayest fear this glorious and fearful Name, THE LORD THY GOD (Jehovah/Yahweh); then the Lord will make thy plagues wonderful, and the plagues of thy seed, even great plagues and of long continuance, ... until thou be destroyed. And ye shall be left few in number, ... because thou wouldest not obey the voice of the Lord thy God. And it shall come to pass that ... the Lord will rejoice over you to destroy you, and to bring you to nought; and ye shall be plucked from off the land whither thou goest to possess it. And the Lord shall scatter thee among all people, from the one end of the earth even unto the other; and there shalt thou serve other gods ... and the Lord shall bring you into Egypt again ..."
Deut. 28:58-59, 61-64, 68.

No mention anywhere of returning to the Promised Land.

Can you provide any Scripture that shows God claiming that Israel will be returned to the Promised Land after they lost it, or any that shows them returning to it to possess it again forever?

I'd appreciate the Scripture as I have no knowledge of having ever read that.

The Covenant with Abraham was unconditional, when he left the Er of Chaldees to go to the land God would show him, there was no binding on that Covenant.

Gen. 12:1-3
"Now the Lord had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:

And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:

And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed."

The "great nation" that God would make of Abraham is Israel.

Yes, there is Scripture that reveals the future land division for Israel. I will have to find it, can remember off the top of my head. The difference in the land division with Joshua and the future land division is that the tribe of Levi didn't have a part, but the future land division gives them a part. That is clencher that assures the "everlasting possession" is yet future.

I'm busy right now on another site, but as soon as I can, I will find that Scripture.

There will already be Israelites occupying the land given them when Jesus returns.
Where else would expect to find Israelites when Christ returns , Japan ?
The "Given back" premise of this thread is based in a fundamental lack of biblical understanding.
The major change that will take place the day of Christ's return is HOW they will occupy the land.
Up until then they will be under constant threat of violence & death, but upon His return they will occupy the land in peace & safety.

Zec 3:9
................... I will remove the iniquity of that land in one day.

Zec 3:10
In that day, saith the LORD of hosts, shall ye call every man his neighbour under the vine and under the fig tree.
The biggest difference in the land of Israel will be the change in government.

It will go from the antichrist government it is today to a Christ government.

The Covenant with Abraham was unconditional, when he left the Er of Chaldees to go to the land God would show him, there was no binding on that Covenant.

Gen. 12:1-3
"Now the Lord had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:

And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:

And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed."

The "great nation" that God would make of Abraham is Israel.

Yes, there is Scripture that reveals the future land division for Israel. I will have to find it, can remember off the top of my head. The difference in the land division with Joshua and the future land division is that the tribe of Levi didn't have a part, but the future land division gives them a part. That is clencher that assures the "everlasting possession" is yet future.

I'm busy right now on another site, but as soon as I can, I will find that Scripture.

This verse maybe?
The chapter discusses the dividing of the land to the tribes of Israel.

Ezekiel 48
22 Moreover from the possession of the Levites, and from the possession of the city, being in the midst of that which is the prince's, between the border of Judah and the border of Benjamin,

Back