Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study The Law of God - The Law of Moses - The Law

This is just another reason we should not judge. I do not believe the NT to be the "Word of God" as it is so called IN the NT. I do, however, believe it is the words of God, inspired by God.

The simplicity is that we have been trained through the years to generate our studies from man. Man has said "This Bible is the Word of God". What it does is take away from the meaning of it when it is used by NT authors. I will NEVER deny that it is 100% truth and infallible.

You must realize that the NT authors studied and meditated on the OT. That was their Bible, or "Word of God". So when you see it used in the NT, it is SPECIFICALLY speaking about the OT, NOT the NT.

I simply ask that you not put words in my mouth, or on my screen, that twist what I have said. Context is always the key to understanding.

The NT is the words of the chief cornerstone and of the foundation stones that rest upon him.

It is therefore Christ and the first of the firstfruits with Christ, speaking to gather the bride to Christ, setting in motion the brides purifiction in preperation for the wedding.

This is just another reason we should not judge. I do not believe the NT to be the "Word of God" as it is so called IN the NT. I do, however, believe it is the words of God, inspired by God.

The simplicity is that we have been trained through the years to generate our studies from man. Man has said "This Bible is the Word of God". What it does is take away from the meaning of it when it is used by NT authors. I will NEVER deny that it is 100% truth and infallible.

You must realize that the NT authors studied and meditated on the OT. That was their Bible, or "Word of God". So when you see it used in the NT, it is SPECIFICALLY speaking about the OT, NOT the NT.

I simply ask that you not put words in my mouth, or on my screen, that twist what I have said. Context is always the key to understanding.

The NT IS the Word of God, Nathan. I would think that if you held the OT in a "larger light" than the NT, then that would be a problem in understanding a few Bibical truths. Not judging just an observation.
peace -

Part two:

... [IF] thou turn away thy foot from the Sabbath , [from doing thy pleasure on my Holy Day;] ... (Break before continuing on for the original question! There is bad 'pride'! God hates a proud look! Yet, there is a spiritual Godly PRIDE that God does not hate. You dress well for who, when one goes to meet with God at church? If it is for self alone? it is hated by God, if it is a Godly pride, looking well for His sake, then it is 'maturely' required!

A Restorer of Paths to dwell in?? Surely, God wants His Born Again EPISTLE OF CHRIST children to use HIS last day increased Knowledge for reaching the world about this devil's breach of His Eternal Covenant Day for Worship!! See Revelation 1:10's Work of God to John!

Now: Is the Sabbath that God Blessed & Set Aside for Holy USE doing my own pleasure or as God says.. '.. and call the Sabbath a DELIGHT, the Holy of the Lord, HONORABLE;..' (hold it again, before going on! Let me tell you, that the Lord's Work is the Story of my Born again Life! And if any more Last Day Knowledge comes into my possession, take a guess of what I will do on my Lord;s Sabbath Day!)

**TAKE NOTE HERE FOR WHAT SABBATH DUTIES ARE! '... If thou turn away thy foot from the Sabbath, from doing [thy own PLEASURE] on [MY HOLY DAY;] and call the Sabbath a DELIGHT, the HOLY OF THE LORD, HONORABLE; and shalt HONOR HIM,[NOT DOING THY OWN WAYS, NOR THINE OWN PLEASURE, NOR SPEAKING THINE OWN WORDS, THEN SHALT THOU DELIGHT THYSELF [IN THE LORD]..." (compare Romans 8:1)

And own pleasure?? our own pleasure aside from God requirements are not Sabbath Duties! Ball games! T.V. for entertainment, or everyday shop talk. We are to devote our time with God, by doing His 'spiritual' duties. And these duties are to be LOVING ONES!

If one is Born Again, they can readily see what Christ did when He came to earth to MAGNIFY THE LAW OF GOD AND TO MAKE IT HONORABLE!! When tithe paying was a issue? He said that they were hypocrites, they paid tithe, which they OUGHT TO HAVE DONE, yet omitted the WEIGHTIER matters of the [LAW].Matthew 23:23-24.

He and the Sabbath 'spiritual' workers were walking through a corn field, and they ate only enough for their need. They did not steal, nor did they take a basket along for the next day! Again read Matthew 23:24!! (and what do we hear from some on this forum even??
Hole.gif
)

And healing the sick? (On the Sabbath Day) It seems silly for me to even mention this?? And leave the ox stuck in the ditch? Sure would seem like a Christ/like thing to do, huh? And to think that with the Word of God as we have it today to study & read, HE STILL NEEDS TO MAGNIFY THE LAW AND MAKE IT HONORABLE!!?? (and I am not talking about the ones that do not know Christ, or the ones who are sincerely ignorant, but the ones who say that they know Christ?? See Luke 12:47-48 for what is the END result of these ones)

---Elijah

Elijah,
with all due respect, you are frustrating!
Did you read my post about the Spirit and the letter of the law? please enlighten me of what it means to you to be IN the spirit vs IN the letter of the law.
You can not have it both ways and do not tell me you can, the letter killeth.
peace -

I did not mean to put words in your mouth, I did not mean to judge you, I was speaking of what it appeared to be, that you do not see the NT as the Word, only the OT.
Why would God allow anything to be added to His Word?
He is sovereign. The written Word shows us who the Word is.

Blessings.

I did not mean to put words in your mouth, I did not mean to judge you, I was speaking of what it appeared to be, that you do not see the NT as the Word, only the OT.
Why would God allow anything to be added to His Word?
He is sovereign. The written Word shows us who the Word is.

Blessings.

Hey, 'i' like that, have him post what he posts so we can understand that [post], huh?;)

--Elijah

Right. I think that people are TOTALLY missing my point. I would NEVER say that the law is our aim. That is COMPLETELY un-Biblical.

Christ-likeness is our aim. What was Christ's aim? To do and say EVERYTHING the Father told Him. And then what did He then turn around and say? That we should do EVERYTHING that His Spirit tells us.

Christ, in fact, did NOT do anything that the Father did not tell Him to do. So if Christ obeyed the ten commandments, then did the Father tell Him to do so? Why would, then, Christ's Spirit in us lead us to not keep the ten commandments?

He would not. Although they are not focused on, the point is that we will keep them anyways. What the idea most have is taking the 'two commands' and applying them to their lives just like the pharisees did with the ten!!!

They say, "Ah, I obey the two commands. I do not have to do anything else". All the while willfully neglecting that the SPIRIT is the one supposed to be leading. They seek to be justified under those two commandments!!! Or, worse yet, they seek to be justified by smearing everything with "grace"!

People, seriously, grace is the power of God in our lives to help us IN TIMES OF NEED. Its so that when, in the process of being conformed, we stumble and fall, we can pick back up and move forward. Its not so that we can say "No need for me to go on fellers. I am A OK with God. I am just going to sit here and wait for Him".

Here is the truth straight from the Bible. We, who we are, our soul, IS (not in the process of) a new creation. Our minds, that we have, ARE being transformed day by day. Our bodies, that we sojourn in, SHOULD be kept under control till we need them no longer.

We are justified by faith in Christ. Not faith in a mere man, but faith in WHO the Christ was prophesied to be. The Christ was going to be the one who took away the sins of the world. The perfect sacrifice. The redeemer. The Lord and Master, King of Kings. He was going to be the one that we can look to for guidance. But He was NEVER going to talk, or lead, against what He had previously said. He was going to be GOD with us.

Why would Christ lead against what He had said before? Why would the very same God, who does not change, not lead and direct the way He has done before? Does not make sense.

Focus Danielson, Focus. LOL :)

Hebrews 7:12 "For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law."

Hebrews 7:16 Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life.

Romans 8:3 "For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:"

Colossians 2:14 "Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;"

Hey, 'i' like that, have him post what he posts so we can understand that [post], huh?;)

--Elijah
What?!?

And you did not answer my question.

Do you believe the NT to be the Word of God?

This is not an OT question, if you do not grasp this truth, it will be difficult to grasp other truths. No judging, just stating fact.

The NT IS the Word of God, Nathan. I would think that if you held the OT in a "larger light" than the NT, then that would be a problem in understanding a few Bibical truths. Not judging just an observation.
peace -

I never said it was NOT the words of God. How is this so hard to understand? The NT is God inspired. But the NT speaks of the OT as the "word of God". Therefore, when you see the terms "word of God", or "Scriptures", or anything like that in the NT, it is SPECIFICALLY speaking to the OT.

Please stop saying that I do not believe the NT to not be the word of God. It is, but just not the way people think of it. It does not replace what the OT is, it magnifies it. It reveals the mysteries and confirms the prophecies spoken of in the OT. Without a proper background, it can be twisted and turned each and every way a person wants it to be.

I never said it was NOT the words of God. How is this so hard to understand? The NT is God inspired. But the NT speaks of the OT as the "word of God". Therefore, when you see the terms "word of God", or "Scriptures", or anything like that in the NT, it is SPECIFICALLY speaking to the OT.

Please stop saying that I do not believe the NT to not be the word of God. It is, but just not the way people think of it. It does not replace what the OT is, it magnifies it. It reveals the mysteries and confirms the prophecies spoken of in the OT. Without a proper background, it can be twisted and turned each and every way a person wants it to be.

The NT is the Word of God, capitalized.
No, Nathan, when the NT speaks of the Word and scriptures it is speaking of the totality of the WHOLE Bible.
I do understand your view, but I think it to be in error.
The NT IS the New Covenant, there can not be two covenants, the new replaced the old.
One is physical, physical Israel, the new is spiritual - the Church.

You are misinterperting what is meant by the Spirit vs The Letter. When we look at the letter, we can read the letter, learn all the prophecies, we can learn all the data it provides, yet it's only letter, we are not learning from the Spirit.

Rev 19:10 And I fell down before his feet to worship him. And he saith unto me, See thou do it not: I am a fellow-servant with thee and with thy brethren that hold the testimony of Jesus: worship God; for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

This tells us the REAL testimony is the spirit of prophecy and the ONLY way anyone is EVER going to receive that testimony is through prayer, prayer to God that He will open his spiritual eyes, his spiritual mind, you can not see this from human eyes.

The old points to the new, it's seeing the future in the past.

Heb 10:1 For the law having a shadow of the good things to come, not the very image of the things, can never with the same sacrifices year by year, which they offer continually, make perfect them that draw nigh.

Heb 8:5 who serve that which is a copy and shadow of the heavenly things, even as Moses is warned of God when he is about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern that was showed thee in the mount.

The Old Testament is a shadow for something, it's a shadow for the new, it is not fulfillment.

Now in the new, the shadow is no more and all the shadow was is here, Jesus, He was the fulfillment.

Pray about this!!!

Our fruit is Jesus.

I am not sure what you are saying with the first underlined and bold statement. This is NOT taught in the Bible, in fact, the Bible teaches differently.

Jhn 14:25-26 "These things I have spoken to you while I am still with you. But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.

The Spirit teaches us ALL things. And the Spirit brought back to remembrance the things that Christ had taught them. How can the Spirit teach us ALL things pertaining to God? Because He is the Spirit of Jesus, and we know Jesus did as His Father directed Him too.

Your right. The law was a shadow of the Christ who would come. That means the shadow looks like, and shows forth, what is actually having the light being shown on. In other words, if you had a circle and held it up to the light the shadow produced would be a circle. Not a square. Not a triangle. Not a pentagon. The shadow would be the image of that which is real.

Christ is real. The real deal. All the law shows who He is. And are we in Him? So would not the law point to who we are also? Indeed it does. As stated by John, those who are righteous(not self, but imputed by God) WILL practice righteousness(the outward manifestation of that which is inside). The law is inside Christ. It is inside us.

Your last statement that I underlined and bold is a little off when you look at what Jesus said.

Jhn 15:1-10 "I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser. Every branch in me that does not bear fruit he takes away, and every branch that does bear fruit he prunes, that it may bear more fruit.

Already you are clean because of the word that I have spoken to you. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me.

I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing. If anyone does not abide in me he is thrown away like a branch and withers; and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire, and burned.

If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. By this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit and so prove to be my disciples.

As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Abide in my love. If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love.

If you have done any gardening before, this is a wonderful example. I hope to use this example to teach my children this principle this summer.

Christ CANNOT be our fruit. He is the vine. I learned back years ago in botany that plants are very interesting creations. What you have is the main parts; Roots, stems, leaves, flowers/fruits.

Christ is the root, the vine. We are the stems, the branches. When we start to grow leaves come out, showing what we are. After that, when the vine decides to 'reproduce', it sends out its 'reproduction' through the stem/branch. The branch DOES not 'reproduce', the reproduction is located in the root.

What people see in our fruits should be the image of Christ. Everything He is, is encapsulated into what comes out of us. That IS love. Ahh...but wait a minute...the process is not done. The fruit then is capable of producing ANOTHER plant EXACTLY like the first. What would this "new" plant be then? It would contain ALL the same properties of the first.

To say that Christ IS the law, would dictate that then our fruit would be capable of producing the same things found in Christ, which is the law. That means, our fruit of love, can find the whole law encapsulated inside of it.

But guess what? Sometimes branches can become 'diseased'. They corrupt the fruit produced, or simply do not pass the fruit on. The fruit that does come from corrupted branches cannot produce another plant like the first. Its dead seed.

This is the whole premise. The law is not what we aim at or what we find our righteousness in. However, it should not disagree with or be a different than what our life is. And above all things, the test of all things, is love. If one part of that law is not in agreement with our life, then we break (corrupt) the whole law, including the law of love.

The entire Bible, both New and Old Testaments are the word of God. As the NT presents Jesus, who is the Word, as the New Covenant, we can safely say that the NT is the word of God, and yes it also does as you say---magnifying and confirming the OT prophecy about the Anointed One! Splitting hairs like this, Nathan, doesn't bode well among your brothers and sisters.

Focus Danielson, Focus. LOL :)

Hebrews 7:12 "For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law."

Hebrews 7:16 Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life.

Romans 8:3 "For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:"

Colossians 2:14 "Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;"

RIGHT! The law could NOT produce the righteousness needed for Salvation. The law, in and of itself, could not reproduce love! Christ, with the law inside Him, could. Therefore He was perfect!

Why do you think that Gentiles are called unnatural branches??? Why are the Jews considered natural??? Whats the difference? Do we have different organs? Is it the color of skin?

NO! Its the background of that which is true, pure, holy, just, and good. They have, by nature, this natural ability to pass on the fruit that the root/vine sends out. The only difference in Gentiles and Jews is the LAW! They are "tame", we are "wild". We are grafted into the "tame" vine, they are NOT grafted into the "wild" vine.

[FONT=&quot]
Nathan the word of God is Jesus Christ himself.Its Logos and Spirit of God.
When He has spoken he may create through his word or gives life and preserves it.
John 1:1-5 KJV
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2 The same was in the beginning with God. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
The Bible speaks about how God deals with mankind and how sin and how man became renegades and
disloyal to God even though God build many bridges back to him they rejected his mercy ways and went
back to their many idols and false gods of satan instead.
This earth is not our home and never will be .Our home is in heaven where a new heavenly Jerusalem awaits for those who believe in Christ.
You know why satan could offer Jesus/God the whole earth if he bows down to him?(Luke 4:5-6)
Because God allowed satan to be the prince of this world until God will cast him in hell with his followers.

The Bible is not a mystical book and there are primarily no hidden things with some few exceptions.
Most occult books are from the adversary and his helpers on earth..
[/FONT]

The entire Bible, both New and Old Testaments are the word of God. As the NT presents Jesus, who is the Word, as the New Covenant, we can safely say that the NT is the word of God, and yes it also does as you say---magnifying and confirming the OT prophecy about the Anointed One! Splitting hairs like this, Nathan, doesn't bode well among your brothers and sisters.

I think Nathan knows that. He merely made a statement which he thought of one way but was easily seen another way by those of us that read it.

That is called ambiguity. Ambiguity simply means that the thing stated lacks the precision to keep it from being understood in ways other than it was meant. Indeed that is the main reason one man reads a Bible verse and sees one thing in it while another reads it and sees it saying something totally different.

Why don't we just let love cover this and move on.

I would like to suggest that we try giving some practical examples of the difference in the ways the Pharisees strained at the gnat and gulped down the camel. (Matthew 23:24)

And remember, We all need to polish our understanding of this. None of us understand it as completely as we ought to.

1 Corinthians 8:1b "... we know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffeth up, but love edifieth (builds up).
2 And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know."

:lol I am splitting hairs???

[FONT=&quot]
Nathan the word of God is Jesus Christ himself.Its Logos and Spirit of God.
When He has spoken he may create through his word or gives life and preserves it.
John 1:1-5 KJV
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2 The same was in the beginning with God. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
The Bible speaks about how God deals with mankind and how sin and how man became renegades and
disloyal to God even though God build many bridges back to him they rejected his mercy ways and went
back to their many idols and false gods of satan instead.
This earth is not our home and never will be .Our home is in heaven where a new heavenly Jerusalem awaits for those who believe in Christ.
You know why satan could offer Jesus/God the whole earth if he bows down to him?(Luke 4:5-6)
Because God allowed satan to be the prince of this world until God will cast him in hell with his followers.

The Bible is not a mystical book and there are primarily no hidden things with some few exceptions.
Most occult books are from the adversary and his helpers on earth..
[/FONT]

AMEN!!! Praise God!! This is clear and too the point.

What?!?

And you did not answer my question.

Do you believe the NT to be the Word of God?

This is not an OT question, if you do not grasp this truth, it will be difficult to grasp other truths. No judging, just stating fact.

Wow! You & Rock are just alike.. up front, clear as mud! Or did you ask me a question before that??;)

Here is my take of 'my' K.J. that is all marked up & hightled & worn out. (as in my past ones!) It matters to me not when (timewise!) where or how God INSPIRED his 66 Book 'TESTIMONY' by His choosen pennman, it is ALL INSPIRED of God & IS TESTIMONY of Christ's Eternal Word.

So my answer is yes to that!

OK: Yet, GOD HIMSELF ONLY WROTE THE GODHEADS ETERNAL COVENANT. (No one else) And Isaiah 8:20 tells us to use this TESTING for what is Truth. (Or LIGHT!)

Not clear yet?? OK: The 66 Books that man penned, are 'HOLY MEN OF GOD' in their WRITTEN TESTIMONY of Truth as the Holy Spirit Inspired them, yet as they saw it. Again, aLL THE BIBLE except the Eternal Covenant!

Now did the Bible penman USE the Godheads Words?? Not hardly, unless you think that Their vocabulary speaks with words of bastard, piss, pisseth, & the like.

And what uninspired mankind has divided up into chapters, headings, chapter numbers, periods + coma's & even N.T. & O.T. seperation is NOT INSPIRED by the Holy Ghost. NO?? Then why do we see what most call four Gospels while Inspiration say in Rev. 14:6 THE ETERNAL GOSPEL? And with Matt. Mark, Luke + John all being different, yet, TRUE TESTIMONY as they saw it? Why would they not be IDENTICAL?

Now, you are sorry that you asked me huh? :yes

OK: Now 'i' will go through this 'thread' & see what becomes of this question??
Maybe Nate can straighten his thing up for us.

---Elijah

RIGHT! The law could NOT produce the righteousness needed for Salvation. The law, in and of itself, could not reproduce love! Christ, with the law inside Him, could. Therefore He was perfect!

Why do you think that Gentiles are called unnatural branches??? Why are the Jews considered natural??? Whats the difference? Do we have different organs? Is it the color of skin?

NO! Its the background of that which is true, pure, holy, just, and good. They have, by nature, this natural ability to pass on the fruit that the root/vine sends out. The only difference in Gentiles and Jews is the LAW! They are "tame", we are "wild". We are grafted into the "tame" vine, they are NOT grafted into the "wild" vine.

That is very good observation. Let's look at what Paul says about it:

Romans 3:1 "What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision?
2 Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God.
3 For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?"

Now, do we see how Paul boils down what he said to what I emboldened and underlined there?

That is important so that we do not mistakenly think he is saying that of all Israelites just because they are Israelites as to the flesh.

Paul is showing that it was in that fleshly nation that God first chose men of faith to rule with Christ from among the fleshly Israel and these men of faith were the real Israel of God. It was only the men of faith in that nation that were able to benefit as Nathan has described. And therefore only those Israelites who had faith are those natural branches. They are a remnant ('remaining ones' or 'the only ones to remain') as compared to the total fleshly Israel.

Thus we understand better what Paul said here:

Romans 9:3 "For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh:
4 Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;
5 Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.
6 ¶Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

Now these words of Paul are amplified:

Galatians 3:24 "Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.
26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise."

This is why I so often have emphasized Paul's words, (Galatians 3:22) "But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe."

When God pronounced the death sentence on Adam is when all were confined under sin. No flesh could be born to God from Adam or born with the ability to themselves bear children to God. The Law written against sin was added to prove that of the flesh while at the same time God's grace in Christ reached back making its selection based on faith as it did from Abel to Abraham and continued to do right on through fleshly Israel for the purpose of leading us to Christ.

Is there anyone who is having difficulty grasping that?

Back