Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study The Law of God - The Law of Moses - The Law

OK: Most seem to 'claim' that Christ IS IN THEM?? But what does His Words say? (His Words!)

1John 2 (N.T.)

[4] He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Isa. 8

[20] To the law and to the testimony: if they speak [[not according to this word]], it is [[because there is no light in them.]]

James 2 (N.T.)

[10] For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all. (and yes, surely the 7th day Sabbath Command!)

[11] For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.
(and what Eternal Covenant does one find those two commands in!)

[12] So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.

Yes, right back to Eccl. 13

[13] Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. (A Recreated Loving Duty also, mind you!)
[14] For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

Also note that these ones are DEAD, and in heaven ONLY BY THEIR ACCURATE RECORD BOOKS!
Rev. 20

[12] And I saw the d-e-a-d, small and great, stand before God; (and the only way that the dead can stand is by these books!) and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, [[according to their works.]]
[13] And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
[14] And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
[15] And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

--Elijah

OK: Most seem to 'claim' that Christ IS IN THEM?? But what does His Words say? (His Words!)

1John 2 (N.T.)

[4] He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Isa. 8

[20] To the law and to the testimony: if they speak [[not according to this word]], it is [[because there is no light in them.]]

James 2 (N.T.)

[10] For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all. (and yes, surely the 7th day Sabbath Command!)

[11] For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.
(and what Eternal Covenant does one find those two commands in!)

[12] So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.

Yes, right back to Eccl. 13

[13] Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. (A Recreated Loving Duty also, mind you!)
[14] For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

Also note that these ones are DEAD, and in heaven ONLY BY THEIR ACCURATE RECORD BOOKS!
Rev. 20

[12] And I saw the d-e-a-d, small and great, stand before God; (and the only way that the dead can stand is by these books!) and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, [[according to their works.]]
[13] And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
[14] And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
[15] And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

--Elijah

Very well connected Elijah. You have the heart of the matter there well laid out and properly spoken.

When we look around us in this world what do we see from people who lack faith in God? Do we not see that they permit themselves the freedom to engage in all forms of badness?

We know that Jesus told us we would know who men are by their fruits. It is important that we realize that true and pure faith is what provides the good furtile soil out of which good fruits are able to grow. The lack of true faith causes the soil to be bad and allows the growth of only thistles and thorns.

I am telling you this for a reason. I want you to see that this is how it has always been every since Adam fell into sin. And God's selection of children has never been based on fleshly birth but on faith. From the beginning only men of faith were selected by God as His children and when we consider the badness that the lack of faith allows it is easy to understand why.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! You & Rock are just alike.. up front, clear as mud! Or did you ask me a question before that??;)

Here is my take of 'my' K.J. that is all marked up & hightled & worn out. (as in my past ones!) It matters to me not when (timewise!) where or how God INSPIRED his 66 Book 'TESTIMONY' by His choosen pennman, it is ALL INSPIRED of God & IS TESTIMONY of Christ's Eternal Word.

So my answer is yes to that!

OK: Yet, GOD HIMSELF ONLY WROTE THE GODHEADS ETERNAL COVENANT. (No one else) And Isaiah 8:20 tells us to use this TESTING for what is Truth. (Or LIGHT!)

Not clear yet?? OK: The 66 Books that man penned, are 'HOLY MEN OF GOD' in their WRITTEN TESTIMONY of Truth as the Holy Spirit Inspired them, yet as they saw it. Again, aLL THE BIBLE except the Eternal Covenant!

Now did the Bible penman USE the Godheads Words?? Not hardly, unless you think that Their vocabulary speaks with words of bastard, piss, pisseth, & the like.

And what uninspired mankind has divided up into chapters, headings, chapter numbers, periods + coma's & even N.T. & O.T. seperation is NOT INSPIRED by the Holy Ghost. NO?? Then why do we see what most call four Gospels while Inspiration say in Rev. 14:6 THE ETERNAL GOSPEL? And with Matt. Mark, Luke + John all being different, yet, TRUE TESTIMONY as they saw it? Why would they not be IDENTICAL?

Now, you are sorry that you asked me huh? :yes

OK: Now 'i' will go through this 'thread' & see what becomes of this question??
Maybe Nate can straighten his thing up for us.

---Elijah

I think you summed it up quite well for me. Many thanks. :)

I am not sure what you are saying with the first underlined and bold statement. This is NOT taught in the Bible, in fact, the Bible teaches differently.

Jhn 14:25-26 "These things I have spoken to you while I am still with you. But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.

I am going to split this up because you are misunderstanding me, we are saying the same thing. This is what it means to be learning from the Spirit. It's the difference between a text book learning and a Spirit learning, do you know what I mean?
We both know what it's like to get a revelation from God, we'll be reading the Word, and all of a sudden a light bulb goes on, there is peace around the truth He just taught you, and you KNOW that is the Spirit doing the teaching, we may even ponder that truth for the rest of the day.
Well, maybe your experience is different, but that's what it's like for me sometimes. That is in the Spirit, not in the letter. No one else can show you that truth, you can read it 100 times, but NOT until He reveals it to you, do you really grasp the understanding.
Are you in agreement here?

I am not sure what you are saying with the first underlined and bold statement. This is NOT taught in the Bible, in fact, the Bible teaches differently.

Jhn 14:25-26 "These things I have spoken to you while I am still with you. But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.

The Spirit teaches us ALL things. And the Spirit brought back to remembrance the things that Christ had taught them. How can the Spirit teach us ALL things pertaining to God? Because He is the Spirit of Jesus, and we know Jesus did as His Father directed Him too.

Your right. The law was a shadow of the Christ who would come. That means the shadow looks like, and shows forth, what is actually having the light being shown on. In other words, if you had a circle and held it up to the light the shadow produced would be a circle. Not a square. Not a triangle. Not a pentagon. The shadow would be the image of that which is real.

Christ is real. The real deal. All the law shows who He is. And are we in Him? So would not the law point to who we are also? Indeed it does. As stated by John, those who are righteous(not self, but imputed by God) WILL practice righteousness(the outward manifestation of that which is inside). The law is inside Christ. It is inside us.

Your last statement that I underlined and bold is a little off when you look at what Jesus said.

Jhn 15:1-10 "I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser. Every branch in me that does not bear fruit he takes away, and every branch that does bear fruit he prunes, that it may bear more fruit.

Already you are clean because of the word that I have spoken to you. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me.

I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing. If anyone does not abide in me he is thrown away like a branch and withers; and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire, and burned.

If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. By this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit and so prove to be my disciples.

As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Abide in my love. If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love.

If you have done any gardening before, this is a wonderful example. I hope to use this example to teach my children this principle this summer.

Christ CANNOT be our fruit. He is the vine. I learned back years ago in botany that plants are very interesting creations. What you have is the main parts; Roots, stems, leaves, flowers/fruits.

Christ is the root, the vine. We are the stems, the branches. When we start to grow leaves come out, showing what we are. After that, when the vine decides to 'reproduce', it sends out its 'reproduction' through the stem/branch. The branch DOES not 'reproduce', the reproduction is located in the root.

What people see in our fruits should be the image of Christ. Everything He is, is encapsulated into what comes out of us. That IS love. Ahh...but wait a minute...the process is not done. The fruit then is capable of producing ANOTHER plant EXACTLY like the first. What would this "new" plant be then? It would contain ALL the same properties of the first.

To say that Christ IS the law, would dictate that then our fruit would be capable of producing the same things found in Christ, which is the law. That means, our fruit of love, can find the whole law encapsulated inside of it.

But guess what? Sometimes branches can become 'diseased'. They corrupt the fruit produced, or simply do not pass the fruit on. The fruit that does come from corrupted branches cannot produce another plant like the first. Its dead seed.

This is the whole premise. The law is not what we aim at or what we find our righteousness in. However, it should not disagree with or be a different than what our life is. And above all things, the test of all things, is love. If one part of that law is not in agreement with our life, then we break (corrupt) the whole law, including the law of love.

Ok, Jesus is the Fruit, BUT maybe we could save this for another thread. We always digress and I know I am guilty of causing most of it.

My point was for you to see that we can not be in the letter, it's not physical anymore, it's spiritual.
So to keep a physical tangible Sabbath Day is remaining in the letter, our Sabbath is spiritual.

I am going to split this up because you are misunderstanding me, we are saying the same thing. This is what it means to be learning from the Spirit. It's the difference between a text book learning and a Spirit learning, do you know what I mean?
We both know what it's like to get a revelation from God, we'll be reading the Word, and all of a sudden a light bulb goes on, there is peace around the truth He just taught you, and you KNOW that is the Spirit doing the teaching, we may even ponder that truth for the rest of the day.
Well, maybe your experience is different, but that's what it's like for me sometimes. That is in the Spirit, not in the letter. No one else can show you that truth, you can read it 100 times, but NOT until He reveals it to you, do you really grasp the understanding.
Are you in agreement here?

And doesn't it just make you want to cry when you meet someone who has all of the zeal but lacks that wonderful experience. In their own wisdom they razzle dazzle themselves with what seems to them to be sound thinking but in reality only creates the veil through which they cannot see.

Ok, Jesus is the Fruit, BUT maybe we could save this for another thread. We always digress and I know I am guilty of causing most of it.

My point was for you to see that we can not be in the letter, it's not physical anymore, it's spiritual.
So to keep a physical tangible Sabbath Day is remaining in the letter, our Sabbath is spiritual.

It would not be LOVE to let you remain 'spiritually' BRAIN DEAD, God always required Christ's MORAL Law 2 Cor. 3:3's EPISTLE to be in His creations HEART to be saved! The Heb. 11 ones were OT SAVED [[[[NO OTHER WAY!]]]]

Its no more less physical than idol worship, taking His name in vain, honoring your parents, lying, stealing, murdering, adultery, and coveting in the physical sense that these things take place. Yes. There is also a spiritual magnification of these, but it does not negate the physical sense either.

Jam 2:14-17 What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, and one of you says to them, "Go in peace, be warmed and filled," without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that? So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

If I told you I loved you, and then was talking to some guy and told him how stupid and dumb you are. Would that mean I loved you? No. I can believe I love you all day long, but if I do not show you then it could be real or it might not be.

We cannot take God's moral revealing of Himself and then say, "I believe you, but I still want to do things my way". While all the time, faith says "I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me". Really? All things? Surely not! For people say that we cannot keep the Sabbath Holy. People say its impossible.

Really? How many people have you murdered today? Idols you bowed down too? Ok, ok. How many people have you committed physical adultery with this week? Interesting. None huh? Exactly! Its not impossible. The enemy just wants to make you think it is, or at least that its not "important".

And doesn't it just make you want to cry when you meet someone who has all of the zeal but lacks that wonderful experience. In their own wisdom they razzle dazzle themselves with what seems to them to be sound thinking but in reality only creates the veil through which they cannot see.

It does MAKE me cry, not just want to. I weep some nights. If only people would find the freedom I think to myself. If only. People are 'stuck' in this physical world and can only see things physically. People do not understand what awaits us, and how wonderful it is. People do not understand that Jesus is Savior and LORD.

Its no more less physical than idol worship, taking His name in vain, honoring your parents, lying, stealing, murdering, adultery, and coveting in the physical sense that these things take place. Yes. There is also a spiritual magnification of these, but it does not negate the physical sense either.

Jam 2:14-17 What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, and one of you says to them, "Go in peace, be warmed and filled," without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that? So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

If I told you I loved you, and then was talking to some guy and told him how stupid and dumb you are. Would that mean I loved you? No. I can believe I love you all day long, but if I do not show you then it could be real or it might not be.

We cannot take God's moral revealing of Himself and then say, "I believe you, but I still want to do things my way". While all the time, faith says "I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me". Really? All things? Surely not! For people say that we cannot keep the Sabbath Holy. People say its impossible.

Really? How many people have you murdered today? Idols you bowed down too? Ok, ok. How many people have you committed physical adultery with this week? Interesting. None huh? Exactly! Its not impossible. The enemy just wants to make you think it is, or at least that its not "important".

Hi, that is just the point! It is not a question, it IS A FACT! Eccl. 12:13-14 God DOCUMENTS that they have BROKEN ALL TEN! Whatever now? just more useless words of Matt. 7:21-22!

---Elijah

1 Corinthians 9:27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

Psalms 119:9 "Wherewith shall a young man cleanse his way? By taking heed thereto according to thy word.
10 With my whole heart have I sought thee: Oh let me not wander from thy commandments.
11 Thy word have I laid up in my heart, That I might not sin against thee."

I don't think Rockie is saying that we do not meditate on the entire word and apply the spirit of what it teaches.

Proverbs 2:1 ¶My son, if thou wilt receive my words, and hide my commandments with thee;
2 So that thou incline thine ear unto wisdom, and apply thine heart to understanding;
3 Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding;
4 If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures;
5 Then shalt thou understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God.
6 For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding.
7 He layeth up sound wisdom for the righteous: he is a buckler to them that walk uprightly.

One person reads "Thou shalt not take up the name of the LORD in vain" and thinks it means they ought to not say simple four letter words.

But God is not offended by simple words. God is not petty. He does not condemn simple words unless we use such words to entertain ideas of filth or to dog somebody. It is self righteous humans that make petty judgments that to say 'I need to take a ****' is wrong.

And while they focus on these petty things they often treat their brother unloving without even realizing it.

What do you suppose it really means that we are not to take his name up in vain?

Ponder it from these words of scripture:

Romans 2:17 ¶Behold, thou art called a Jew, and restest in the law, and makest thy boast of God,
18 And knowest his will, and approvest the things that are more excellent, being instructed out of the law;
19 And art confident that thou thyself art a guide of the blind, a light of them which are in darkness,
20 An instructor of the foolish, a teacher of babes, which hast the form of knowledge and of the truth in the law.
21 Thou therefore which teachest another, teachest thou not thyself? thou that preachest a man should not steal, dost thou steal?
22 Thou that sayest a man should not commit adultery, dost thou commit adultery? thou that abhorrest idols, dost thou commit sacrilege?
23 Thou that makest thy boast of the law, through breaking the law dishonourest thou God?
24 For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written.

Understanding that is what it means to "get the sense (or spirit) of it.

Those that focus on simple words to the ignoring of its deeper meaning are the perfect example of one who has strained at the gnat but gulped down the camel.

It would not be LOVE to let you remain 'spiritually' BRAIN DEAD, God always required Christ's MORAL Law 2 Cor. 3:3's EPISTLE to be in His creations HEART to be saved! The Heb. 11 ones were OT SAVED [[[[NO OTHER WAY!]]]]

Elijah,

This is love? Calling someone brain dead? I am one of the VERY few on this forum who even understands what you write, at least I have some respect for you that I take the time to even read your posts, unlike most of the people on here who bypass what you write, but I take the time to do so, but now I will not. So take your preaching somewhere else because this post is not of Christ.

1 Corinthians 9:27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

Psalms 119:9 "Wherewith shall a young man cleanse his way? By taking heed thereto according to thy word.
10 With my whole heart have I sought thee: Oh let me not wander from thy commandments.
11 Thy word have I laid up in my heart, That I might not sin against thee."

I don't think Rockie is saying that we do not meditate on the entire word and apply the spirit of what it teaches.

Proverbs 2:1 ¶My son, if thou wilt receive my words, and hide my commandments with thee;
2 So that thou incline thine ear unto wisdom, and apply thine heart to understanding;
3 Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding;
4 If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures;
5 Then shalt thou understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God.
6 For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding.
7 He layeth up sound wisdom for the righteous: he is a buckler to them that walk uprightly.

You don't think what??:screwloose
[I don't think Rockie is saying that we do not meditate on the entire word and apply the spirit of what it teaches.]

You best read his [posts] then!

You don't think what??:screwloose
[I don't think Rockie is saying that we do not meditate on the entire word and apply the spirit of what it teaches.]

You best read his [posts] then!

This is the LAST post I read of your Elijah.

Yes, we take the ENTIRE Word and we meditate on it! The old testament all points to the new, there are shadows in the OT, types in the OT, if we did not have the old pointing to the new, it would not be complete.

Elijah - maybe YOU should read my posts again.

And why is it that you think I do those things? We are dead to sin. Jesus came and He took away sin. It doesn't mean we don't sin, but with Christ in us, He is the perfector of our faith and He is perfecting us. We do NOT have to sin! We are dead to our flesh, it is Christ living in us that is alive. We are conforming to His image, why would I want to sin while I am carrying Jesus around inside of me.

What bothers me is that you think I do those things and it is judgmental to think so. Your belief is, if I know Jesus is my Sabbath, then I am a heathen and I do all those things you mentioned above.

I am dead to sin! Jesus made us dead to sin.
Why would I or you do this? Jesus told us that if we have a problem with a brother, go directly to that brother and talk to him about it. I would hope we were a little bit more spiritually mature than to do your example above.

Yes, people do do that, they do it all the time. It's called unbelief. But, we as His Body, we believe IN Christ, we believe He says what He will do. We have Christ IN us, we submit to Him, the Holy Spirit leads us, guides us, teaches us. We can do NOTHING w/out Him. It's all about faith and obedience.

Why can we not see that we are being conformed into Jesus' image? We are His Body. Does His Body murder? NO! Does His Body commit adultery? NO!

Now, our own worst enemy is ourselves, is it not, having unbelief, doubting, allowing our fleshy desires to surface, but God gave us a way out from those temptations. Again, we do not have to sin.

Here is another example of straining at the gnat and gulping down the camel:

Matthew 10:38 "And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me."

Some think they are being obedient to that by actually wearing a cross and claiming they are a Christian.

They say, "I believe and therefore I am saved!"

They then focus on the joy of socializing and never advance to having a believe that can be blessed of God to produce the fruits of righteousness in their life.

We call these "Emotional Christians".

They never really get the love of meditating on God's word into their heart.

Is their faith real? Faith is the furtile soil from where good fruit grows.

And since Jesus said we know them by their fruits?

They can read the word but as the love for it lacks they never really are moved to meditate on it and get the full sense of it. The word does not get sown in their heart.

Matthew 3:10 And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

Perhaps they do not do really bad things from a fleshly human point of view. That does not mean they bear righteous fruits. Righteous fruits only grow as faith is blessed by the spirt on they and the word as one ponders it.

They are like that fig tree Jesus cursed. Fig trees produce an early fruit even before its leaves return to grow. When Jesus saw that the fig tree had no fruit but already had leaves he knew it would remain a fruitless tree. So he cursed it.

Matthew 21:19 And when he saw a fig tree in the way, he came to it, and found nothing thereon, but leaves only, and said unto it, Let no fruit grow on thee henceforward for ever. And presently the fig tree withered away.
20 And when the disciples saw it, they marvelled, saying, How soon is the fig tree withered away!

And why is it that you think I do those things? We are dead to sin. Jesus came and He took away sin. It doesn't mean we don't sin, but with Christ in us, He is the perfector of our faith and He is perfecting us. We do NOT have to sin! We are dead to our flesh, it is Christ living in us that is alive. We are conforming to His image, why would I want to sin while I am carrying Jesus around inside of me.

What bothers me is that you think I do those things and it is judgmental to think so. Your belief is, if I know Jesus is my Sabbath, then I am a heathen and I do all those things you mentioned above.

I am dead to sin! Jesus made us dead to sin.

Why would I or you do this? Jesus told us that if we have a problem with a brother, go directly to that brother and talk to him about it. I would hope we were a little bit more spiritually mature than to do your example above.

Yes, people do do that, they do it all the time. It's called unbelief. But, we as His Body, we believe IN Christ, we believe He says what He will do. We have Christ IN us, we submit to Him, the Holy Spirit leads us, guides us, teaches us. We can do NOTHING w/out Him. It's all about faith and obedience.

Why can we not see that we are being conformed into Jesus' image? We are His Body. Does His Body murder? NO! Does His Body commit adultery? NO!

Now, our own worst enemy is ourselves, is it not, having unbelief, doubting, allowing our fleshy desires to surface, but God gave us a way out from those temptations. Again, we do not have to sin.

Rockie, I never said you did those things. It was an
Illustration.

Does His Body keep the Sabbath? Yes... Rockie, it's true. Christ kept the Sabbath. We should too. We can. It's not impossible. It's not legalistic. It's our love for God that does it.

Back