Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study The Law of God - The Law of Moses - The Law

One question I have that pertains to those who walk according to only two commandments;

How do you know you are walking according to them? How do you know you are loving God with your whole heart, mind, and soul? How do you know you are loving your neighbor as yourself?

Tell me what you think I believe in as few words as possible, Nathan?

Well, 'i' am not Nate. But you come on like you are the originator of the site thread!
[TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK I BELIEVE..] (kind of like THE Commandment Title:, huh? But most know a 2 Cor, 4:2 set/up satanic question such as that!) Most likely against the site rules even?

And you are asking to be individually judged? And if you reread your post of comparing the person to yourself of the past, that sure sounds as personal satanic [MINDREADING] garbage to even most perhaps? What you told Nate in bottom/line (?) seems to be very clear that you were serving error.

OK: Here is my asessment of your [POSTINGS!] Your work(?) comes across as I,I,I,I,I of Isaiah 14:12-14. No question meant!! nor anything personal meant, only God can read ones mind, surely not you or 'i'! But, the posts sound like you are the law? Perhaps you want one to do as you have just done, huh?

One more thought Forum:!;)
Some folks come across as very articulate & sweet while stabing one in the back. Gen. 49:17
But a true saint leaves off all personal attacks wheather being 'crafty or just plain 'deceitfull'.

What? You think that because we walk by God's love we are not conscious of the ten and so do not let God's love tell us how to properly apply them?

If so, you are mistaken.

No. Thats not what I said, or rather, what I asked. I asked how you know you are walking in the commandment of;

Mat 22:37 And he said to him, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.

And a second like it, how do you know you;

Mat 22:39 And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself.

I never said you were not conscience of the the ten commandments, most people are, even Satan is aware of them. I am saying, what do you test yourselves, when you test yourself to see if your in the faith? How do you know is the Spirit of Jesus in you and not something else?

This is meant as a question, not an accusation. If you have followed my posts I have not accused anyone. I sincerely would like to know on what basis you test the spirits, to see whether they are from God or not.

Number one is: 1 Corinthians 8:1b-3 "... We know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffeth up, but love edifieth.
2 If any man thinketh that he knoweth anything, he knoweth not yet as he ought to know;
3 but if any man loveth God, the same is known by him."

I look closely to see how the proved mentors of the scriptures applied them in love and I do as I am shown.

I ignore men around me and stay focused upon Christ as that serpent pole in the wilderness. I see Christ in men like as Paul and Peter, James and John. So they help me to stay focused on Christ as that serpent pole. In that I am protected.

You do what?? Your post of.. 'I ignore'?? You got to be jesting! There is THE LAW Title against the other kind, if not jesting, huh? (Exod. 20:16) And who in their right mind wound believe that post of your one of many to.. just Nate alone???
Not a very creditable post 'me' thinks.

2Cor.4
[1] Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we faint not;
[2] But have (No. 1) renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not
(No. 2) walking in craftiness, (well, some think that they are such!)
(No. 3) nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.
[3] But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

--Elijah

PS: Why not practice what you 'claim'???

We were created in the Image of God. Adam had a BRAIN that was created very Good. (PERFECT!) He sinned & God told Him what was again REQUIRED to gain Everlasting Life.

OK: here is the 'thinking' thought. God told Perfect Adam & Eve to not do such & such. That WORD OF GOD THAT HE SPAKE IN PERSON WAS & IS HIS LAW! And again they disobeyed & broke the VERBAL SPOKEN LAW OF GOD, now, remember that God TALKED IN PERSON to them, (they had a perfect memory, IQ per/say, they needed [NOT] His Words in WRITING!) and again after they broke Gods Command, He COMMANDED them a way back.. CONDITIONAL!! LAW!! And if not??? Cain is the example of satan's FIRST FULL-FLEDGED SIN AGAINST THE HOLY GHOST CONVERT!Everything from here on if stated by God is CONDITIONAL TO HIS WORD WHICH IS LAW. (unless He says that it is not to be so, like the rainbow in the sky) Even Being Born Again is CONDITIONAL! Acts 5:32 That is ETERNAL LAW! And who here Loves Christ LAW??

OK: More LAW! satan was a killer from the [beginning] His first full-fledged convert (his desire now) was mankind's first killer. He satan BROKE THE ETERNAL LAW OF GOD!
But for the spiritually illiterate, whose brain is 'sleeping' (at best) they do not even find a law to be broken!?? Their brain cannot think for itself, they must see what their Rev. 17:1-5 'b'rethern of Jer. 17:5 say! They have NO 'spiritually set' idea why satan & his crew were cast from heaven, and some even question satan as the onetime covering cherub standing over the Ark of God that held & still yet does Their ETERNAL WRIITEN ORIGINAL COVENANT! (Nate.. Rev. 11:18-19) It holds THEIR LAW that satan broke in his Final Sin Against The Holy Ghost's FULLNESS of rebellion! James 1:15

And what other laws were before the flood & before the children of Israel were to be high/bred (pedigreed)for a reason even? (and who even knows that reason?? but few ones only, with freedom to think! see Acts 10:17) And this was long long before Christ was asked not to speak to them anymore directly?

---Elijah

Adam was created of the sixth day of creation week, & the first thing that he did was Go Worship his creator on His 7th Day Sabbath. And what do you suppose was his first sermon? Remember that he was at that point sinless!

OK: What was Adam needing, to mature into perfect MATURITY? Or do you think that God just let him take off doing his own thing with NO WARNING?
(like the today ones) And if Gen. 3 is accurate, (:)) then there had to be an Eternal Law known!
Just two thoughts here seen, Psalms 135:13 'memorial (Birthday) of creation' week & a COMMANDED LAW WARNING to stay off of the devil's ground! (Life or Death Warning)

--Elijah

Number one is: 1 Corinthians 8:1b-3 "... We know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffeth up, but love edifieth.
2 If any man thinketh that he knoweth anything, he knoweth not yet as he ought to know;
3 but if any man loveth God, the same is known by him."

I look closely to see how the proved mentors of the scriptures applied them in love and I do as I am shown.

I ignore men around me and stay focused upon Christ as that serpent pole in the wilderness. I see Christ in men like as Paul and Peter, James and John. So they help me to stay focused on Christ as that serpent pole. In that I am protected.

I do the same. Truly. I have always had this strange thing that happens to me. Since my youth I have always been rebellious of authority. But what it has served for me in my adult hood it to test EVERYTHING. I grew in the ways of wisdom from reading and meditating on the word. Yet as natural man does, I sought out men of 'like' faith. What I would always find is men that had seemingly like faith, but always seemed to teach something that I just could not find taught in Scripture.

I would be frustrated. Not understanding why I cannot find someone of 'like faith'. And when I tested them, it was not their personal life that threw up flags for me, it was their teaching. Because I know that the flesh can be very deceiving, but the Spirit is truth and steady as a rock. So I just decided that it was supposed to be that way, and have ever since depended solely upon the word of God for the last say in the matter.

I still love to talk with other men about the things of God. But that talking will NEVER go unchecked. I do not check it by what I know, but what the word of God says.

So you check 'yourself' and your actions beside Christ? Truly, that is the best way! But did Christ not keep the commandments of His Father? Yes, He did. So how do people not keep the commandments of God, but yet say they walk in the same way He walked?

I see the same men as you in the Bible. Peter and John are the major ones for me. 1st and 2nd Peter have to be the most read portions of the NT for me. But yet these guys walked in the way that Christ walked. You never hear them saying anything negative about the law. In fact, Peter warned about law-less people who would twist Paul's letters. Why do we only find Paul speaking toward this "idea" of the ten commandments not having a place as witnesses for our lives?

Could it be that Paul was trying to drive home the FACT that the law WILL NOT produce righteousness in us? That Christ is the ONLY source of forgiveness and righteousness? So in his plea with people, some take the meaning of these truths and discount the eternal standing of God's testimonies to mankind?

2Pe 3:1-18 This is now the second letter that I am writing to you, beloved. In both of them I am stirring up your sincere mind by way of reminder, that you should remember the predictions of the holy prophets and the commandment of the Lord and Savior through your apostles, knowing this first of all, that scoffers will come in the last days with scoffing, following their own sinful desires.

They will say, "Where is the promise of his coming? For ever since the fathers fell asleep, all things are continuing as they were from the beginning of creation." For they deliberately overlook this fact, that the heavens existed long ago, and the earth was formed out of water and through water by the word of God, and that by means of these the world that then existed was deluged with water and perished. (exchanging the literal account of Genesis for a symbolic one)

But by the same word the heavens and earth that now exist are stored up for fire, being kept until the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly. But do not overlook this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance.(what is repentance?)

But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a roar, and the heavenly bodies will be burned up and dissolved, and the earth and the works that are done on it will be exposed. Since all these things are thus to be dissolved, what sort of people ought you to be in lives of holiness and godliness,(whats the difference between the two?) waiting for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be set on fire and dissolved, and the heavenly bodies will melt as they burn!

But according to his promise we are waiting for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells. Therefore, beloved, since you are waiting for these, be diligent to be found by him without spot or blemish, and at peace.(what is the difference between these two?)

And count the patience of our Lord as salvation, just as our beloved brother Paul also wrote to you according to the wisdom given him, as he does in all his letters when he speaks in them of these matters. There are some things in them that are hard to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do the other Scriptures.(what other Scriptures?)

You therefore, beloved, knowing this beforehand, take care that you are not carried away with the error of lawless people and lose your own stability.

But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.

See, we cannot 'gain' any righteousness from the law, but it keeps us on the right track. We can loose our stability when we go in the way of lawlessness. The laws are for our good, not harm. They are not evil. They are righteous and those who keep them show they are righteous also, why? Because they COULD NOT keep them unless they were in Christ.

1Jo 2:29 If you know that he is righteous, you may be sure that everyone who practices righteousness has been born of him.

1Jo 3:4-10 Everyone who makes a practice of sinning also practices lawlessness; sin is lawlessness. You know that he appeared to take away sins, and in him there is no sin. No one who abides in him keeps on sinning; no one who keeps on sinning has either seen him or known him.

Little children, let no one deceive you. Whoever practices righteousness is righteous, as he is righteous. Whoever makes a practice of sinning is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil.

No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God's seed abides in him, and he cannot keep on sinning because he has been born of God. By this it is evident who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil:
whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is the one who does not love his brother.
Why the separation of practicing righteousness and loving your brother?

If it was not clear enough what John is speaking of, he gives us an example of this "righteousness" he is talking about.

1Jo 3:11-12 For this is the message that you have heard from the beginning, that we should love one another. We should not be like Cain, who was of the evil one and murdered his brother. And why did he murder him? Because his own deeds were evil and his brother's righteous.

Now. His brothers deeds were righteous. How? Because he obeyed God's commands, but wait....he obeyed God's commands with a pure heart!

See, righteous living apart from the righteousness that only comes through Christ is called 'piety'. Its self imposed righteousness. But the one who depends on Christ, and still yet obeys, his righteous deeds shine forth.

Cain saw the evilness of his obedience. Cain offered sacrifices, just like Able. But he did not have a pure heart. Did God tell him that his 'deeds' were the cause? No. Did God tell him that his deeds did not matter? No.

How do you practice something that you do not do?

I will admit up front. I am still learning ALL of this. But yet the more I learn, the more I am led, the more I desire to obey Him. And the law stands there as a witness to tell me when I am obeying and disobeying, when I love and when I do not.

That sir is truly the Holy Spirit speaking !!!

God is GOOD!!! His words are sure!!!

Hbr 4:12 For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

God is GOOD!!! His words are sure!!!

Hbr 4:12 For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

:)
amen Nathan!

1Cr 9:24-27 Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it. Every athlete exercises self-control in all things. They do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable.

So I do not run aimlessly; I do not box as one beating the air. But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified.

"Self-control" in all things. Why? How?

"Aimlessly" How do you NOT run aimlessly if there is nothing to aim at? And if the aim is only love, why would he discipline the body to keep it under control?

Love is not the ONLY command. That is why. But it is THE command that all OTHER commands must be issued past. If your 'deeds' and 'keeping' is not done in love, you have failed the test and are accused by the very law you intend to keep!

1Cr 9:24-27 Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it. Every athlete exercises self-control in all things. They do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable.

So I do not run aimlessly; I do not box as one beating the air. But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified.

"Self-control" in all things. Why? How?

"Aimlessly" How do you NOT run aimlessly if there is nothing to aim at? And if the aim is only love, why would he discipline the body to keep it under control?

Love is not the ONLY command. That is why. But it is THE command that all OTHER commands must be issued past. If your 'deeds' and 'keeping' is not done in love, you have failed the test and are accused by the very law you intend to keep!

Isn't our aim Jesus? We are being conformed into His image, from glory to glory, we do this by faith and obedience, but above all is love. They will know us by our fruit.

Nathan,

Few and evil have been the days of my life, though the Lord began to reveal his Scriptures to me at the age of 12 and now my time is near 70.

He has led me through law, faith, grace and now the hope of the redemption of the body (which is dead because of sin) is upon me as he gives me to learn to wait patiently for the Prince of Peace to return.

The Lord revealed through Ezekiel that those who enter the sanctuary on the north side (unleavened bread) must go out the south side (flames of fire on candlestick), and those who enter on the south side must go out the north side. Only the prince could come and go the same way. Ezekiel 46:8-10.

Those that he begins with law, they must need finally to learn faith, but with grace.

Those that he begins with faith, they must need finally to learn law, but with grace.

Both of these processes are covered by grace. Romans 4:16.

Grace is the golden altar of incense. It covers us in the presence of God, lest we perish altogether.

Joe

Ever wonder why only one receives the prize?

Anyone?

2 Corinthians 3:6, "Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life."

OK: LAW! In Gen. 12:5 we find Abe a gentile soul winner, + a tithe payer in Chapter 14:18-20. Both were GENTILES huh! (No Jew yet!) Yet, we see dated around BC c. 2247. But what laws were Abe OBEYING? And better still was, & is, WHAT ETERNAL GOSPEL was he Teaching to have these converts accept 'Christ'??

And you wonder if God can be BELIEVED?? In His Inspired WORD He tel's us why it was that He did indeed CALL ABE! Even long before God gave us the Bible's written Words. Again it was a PERSONAL Language that God used up until we see recorded in Deut. 5:24-33 that He would agree to their request. (but note verse 22-22)

And the reason's are found in Gen. 26:2-5 for why God CALLED ABE, with God talking directly to Isaac. (dated BC 1804)
[3] Sojourn in this land, and I will be with thee, and will bless thee; for unto thee, and unto thy seed, I will give all these countries, and I will perform the oath which I sware unto Abraham thy father;

[4] And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed;
[5] Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

OK: Who BELIEVES Inspiration? [WHO LOVES CHRIST?] It amazes me how for 120 years +, the ones of today can, as did the pre/flood ones, have the Rev. 14:6-10 WARNING Gospel preached to them with the EXACT HOLY SPIRITS STRIVING, and with the same results of Rev. 17:1-5.

And yes, it will be hard coming upon names in heavens record books who are Eternally lost, (1 Cor. 6:2-3) and see that it was perhaps because 'i' was to tame! Preaching some kind of 'love' with no more understanding of what Love is than what we see & read here!
The SECOND DEATH is not even an after thought! Law of Love we hear?? Preaching & teaching Love while [knowing] that most of the Lord's creation will soon be blotted out of existence, (Obad. 1:16) and this is Loving Christ & those for whom He died??? Whatever.

--Elijah

OK: LAW! In Gen. 12:5 we find Abe a gentile soul winner, + a tithe payer in Chapter 14:18-20. Both were GENTILES huh! (No Jew yet!) Yet, we see dated around BC c. 2247. But what laws were Abe OBEYING? And better still was, & is, WHAT ETERNAL GOSPEL was he Teaching to have these converts accept 'Christ'??

And you wonder if God can be BELIEVED?? In His Inspired WORD He tel's us why it was that He did indeed CALL ABE! Even long before God gave us the Bible's written Words. Again it was a PERSONAL Language that God used up until we see recorded in Deut. 5:24-33 that He would agree to their request. (but note verse 22-22)

And the reason's are found in Gen. 26:2-5 for why God CALLED ABE, with God talking directly to Isaac. (dated BC 1804)
[3] Sojourn in this land, and I will be with thee, and will bless thee; for unto thee, and unto thy seed, I will give all these countries, and I will perform the oath which I sware unto Abraham thy father;

[4] And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed;
[5] Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

OK: Who BELIEVES Inspiration? [WHO LOVES CHRIST?] It amazes me how for 120 years +, the ones of today can, as did the pre/flood ones, have the Rev. 14:6-10 WARNING Gospel preached to them with the EXACT HOLY SPIRITS STRIVING, and with the same results of Rev. 17:1-5.

And yes, it will be hard coming upon names in heavens record books who are Eternally lost, (1 Cor. 6:2-3) and see that it was perhaps because 'i' was to tame! Preaching some kind of 'love' with no more understanding of what Love is than what we see & read here!
The SECOND DEATH is not even an after thought! Law of Love we hear?? Preaching & teaching Love while [knowing] that most of the Lord's creation will soon be blotted out of existence, (Obad. 1:16) and this is Loving Christ & those for whom He died??? Whatever.

--Elijah
2 Corinthians 3:6, "Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life."

Very true, Inspiration has it very clear in.. Eze. 18:4 + Eze. 18:20! we find that the soul that sinneth it shall die. :crying And Christ documents that in Matt. 10:28.. 'both soul and body in hell'.
And He tell's who will suffer the longest as well, huh! Luke 12:47-48. And who are these ones?? The ones who teach that the Godhead are Liars, (in Gen. 3:3-4)but teach & believe satan!:screwloose

--Elijah

Very true, Inspiration has it very clear in.. Eze. 18:4 + Eze. 18:20! we find that the soul that sinneth it shall die. :crying And Christ documents that in Matt. 10:28.. 'both soul and body in hell'.
And He tell's who will suffer the longest as well, huh! Luke 12:47-48. And who are these ones?? The ones who teach that the Godhead are Liars, (in Gen. 3:3-4)but teach & believe satan!:screwloose

--Elijah
No one is teaching that God is a liar, no one is teaching and believing satan, yet you continue preaching hell and condemnation. You are delusional.
Your posts are not deep or difficult to understand - they all point to hell, instead of to God's grace.

Back