Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study The Law of God - The Law of Moses - The Law

Nathan,

Few and evil have been the days of my life, though the Lord began to reveal his Scriptures to me at the age of 12 and now my time is near 70.

He has led me through law, faith, grace and now the hope of the redemption of the body (which is dead because of sin) is upon me as he gives me to learn to wait patiently for the Prince of Peace to return.

The Lord revealed through Ezekiel that those who enter the sanctuary on the north side (unleavened bread) must go out the south side (flames of fire on candlestick), and those who enter on the south side must go out the north side. Only the prince could come and go the same way. Ezekiel 46:8-10.

Those that he begins with law, they must need finally to learn faith, but with grace.

Those that he begins with faith, they must need finally to learn law, but with grace.

Both of these processes are covered by grace. Romans 4:16.

Grace is the golden altar of incense. It covers us in the presence of God, lest we perish altogether.

Joe

Even fewer and evil have been the days of my life also. I find much wisdom in what you have spoken. Thank you for sharing.

Isn't our aim Jesus? We are being conformed into His image, from glory to glory, we do this by faith and obedience, but above all is love. They will know us by our fruit.

yes. It is. Exactly. Everything He was/is, is what we are becoming. He lived a life of example to us before dieing on the cross for us.

1Cr 9:24-27 Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it. Every athlete exercises self-control in all things. They do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable.

Ever wonder why only one receives the prize?

Anyone?

Only one receives the prize because there his desire is to excel above the rest. "So run that you may obtain it". Exercise self-control in ALL things, not just love and hate.

2 Corinthians 3:6, "Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life."

2Cr 3:1-8 Are we beginning to commend ourselves again? Or do we need, as some do, letters of recommendation to you, or from you? You yourselves are our letter of recommendation, written on our hearts, to be known and read by all. And you show that you are a letter from Christ delivered by us, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.

Such is the confidence that we have through Christ toward God. Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God, who has made us competent to be ministers of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit. For the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. Now if the ministry of death, carved in letters on stone, came with such glory that the Israelites could not gaze at Moses' face because of its glory, which was being brought to an end, will not the ministry of the Spirit have even more glory?

Heres the point in this passage. Paul contrasts the written letter of stone against the written letter of the heart. God wrote His law on our hearts. The ministry of Moses would 'fade' away after a while because he had to constantly go back to the written letter to receive grace. But us, we have the written letter on our heart, we carry it with us everywhere we go. So now our grace does not come from the outside, but from within. The glory shown is an everlasting glory, one that can only be produced in us by the Spirit.

If we approach the law from the flesh, it is death to us, it will produce death in us. But if through the Spirit we walk in the desires of our heart, where His law is written, it is life for us. That is why even back then David could declare freedom by keeping God's law.

Contemplate this for a moment. What is "fruit"?

No one is teaching that God is a liar, no one is teaching and believing satan, yet you continue preaching hell and condemnation. You are delusional.
Your posts are not deep or difficult to understand - they all point to hell, instead of to God's grace.

Hey young'in, one dude on another site comes right out and said that God lied & satan told the truth about Gen. 3. And in bottom line, most all of the Rev. 17:1-5 ones do teach that lie of satan. Some even say that maggots have eternal life in hell with the sinner as well.

And do you not believe Christ WORD of Matt. 7's Broadway as well as Rev. 17:1-5 hudge group???? Those are Christ WORDS, not mine. So thevquestion arises, if we LOVE CHRIST + the ones that He died for, are you 'attacking me' for wanting them to do as Chtrist documented in Rev. 18:4, so as to have eternal life??
Any translation 'not understood' makes the Godhead out as liars when Obadiah 16 is tossed! "... and they shall be as though THEY HAD NOT BEEN."

As quoted to another: The real question that you are deliberately (???) side stepping (forum!) is the question of satan having immortal life, to not die in your hell doctrine. And you know that he does not. Or are you not going to acknowledge that God tells the Truth this time?
1 Timothy 6:16 or 1 Timothy 1:17. What ever?? Maybe Luke 12:47-48??

But just keep on studying??? Is that the answer???? You see, I have passed that stage of looking, & just keep on looking, looking at the devils lies of Genesis 3:4 +!. The Godhead all say that the soul shall DIE! Ezekiel 18:20 & Ezekiel 18:4 & then comes reams & reams of something that we are to study???

The POINT! The Godhead states that ONLY THEY HAVE IMMORTALITY!

And angels? They too are created! And man, a little lower than angels.
Tree of life for one & not the other, that violates Ecclesiastes 1:9-10 & Ecclesiastes 3:15! Again, [IF] one BELIEVES the GODHEAD?? (Who say's.. NOTHING NEW) If there is? We are told!

Similar food for conditional immortality? Surely, had one ever read of angels food? The [CORN OF HEAVEN!!]
The King James states: "And rained down manna upon them to eat, and had given them of the corn of heaven. Man did eat angels food: He sent them meat to the full." Psalms 78:24-25.
And the others? Nehemiah 9:20-21. From the Holy Spirit to what the angels in heaven eat! And the ones on earth who are dying? Mark 9:25, Luke 11:14 +!

And what effect did that have on Caleb? (+)
In Joshua 14:7-8 & Joshua 14:10-11 finds something supernatural? (for 40 years!)
It seems that most are still in the wilderness, eating junk food, huh?

--Elijah

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey young'in, one dude on another site comes right out and said that God lied & satan told the truth about Gen. 3. And in bottom line, most all of the Rev. 17:1-5 ones do teach that lie of satan. Some even say that maggots have eternal life in hell with the sinner as well.
i can assure you, that i take gen 3 literally. there are alot of weird doctrines out there about the Garden, one is the serpent seed.

And do you not believe Christ WORD of Matt. 7's Broadway as well as Rev. 17:1-5 hudge group???? Those are Christ WORDS, not mine. So thevquestion arises, if we LOVE CHRIST + the ones that He died for, are you 'attacking me' for wanting them to do as Chtrist documented in Rev. 18:4, so as to have eternal life??
Any translation 'not understood' makes the Godhead out as liars when Obadiah 16 is tossed! "... and they shall be as though THEY HAD NOT BEEN."
I believe all of Matt 7, but it's your approach, we aren't going to listen to anything you say if you insist on telling us we're all going to hell!
As quoted to another: The real question that you are deliberately (???) side stepping (forum!) is the question of satan having immortal life, to not die in your hell doctrine. And you know that he does not. Or are you not going to acknowledge that God tells the Truth this time?
1 Timothy 6:16 or 1 Timothy 1:17. What ever?? Maybe Luke 12:47-48??
i don't know who you are quoting but i do know that what i believe is NOT going to send me to hell, although you continue insisting it is. Again, no one is going to listen to your hell fire and brimstone approach to discussions.

But just keep on studying??? Is that the answer???? You see, I have passed that stage of looking, & just keep on looking, looking at the devils lies of Genesis 3:4 +!. The Godhead all say that the soul shall DIE! Ezekiel 18:20 & Ezekiel 18:4 & then comes reams & reams of something that we are to study???
you can not possibly believe you have ALL of God's knowledge....please...His knowledge is infinite. i realize you have the Bible memorized, but just because you do does not mean you are understanding the freedom we have in Christ. You are not believing God when He points to the new from the old and says a new covenant!
The POINT! The Godhead states that ONLY THEY HAVE IMMORTALITY!

And angels? They too are created! And man, a little lower than angels.
Tree of life for one & not the other, that violates Ecclesiastes 1:9-10 & Ecclesiastes 3:15! Again, [IF] one BELIEVES the GODHEAD?? (Who say's.. NOTHING NEW) If there is? We are told!
i can tell you that believing Jesus is our Sabbath is NOT new haha, it all began in the gospels.

Similar food for conditional immortality? Surely, had one ever read of angels food? The [CORN OF HEAVEN!!]
The King James states: "And rained down manna upon them to eat, and had given them of the corn of heaven. Man did eat angels food: He sent them meat to the full." Psalms 78:24-25.
And the others? Nehemiah 9:20-21. From the Holy Spirit to what the angels in heaven eat! And the ones on earth who are dying? Mark 9:25, Luke 11:14 +!

And what effect did that have on Caleb? (+)
In Joshua 14:7-8 & Joshua 14:10-11 finds something supernatural? (for 40 years!)
It seems that most are still in the wilderness, eating junk food, huh?

--Elijah
i am aware it's all conditional, nothing i have said points otherwise.

2Cr 3:1-8 Are we beginning to commend ourselves again? Or do we need, as some do, letters of recommendation to you, or from you? You yourselves are our letter of recommendation, written on our hearts, to be known and read by all. And you show that you are a letter from Christ delivered by us, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.

Such is the confidence that we have through Christ toward God. Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God, who has made us competent to be ministers of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit. For the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. Now if the ministry of death, carved in letters on stone, came with such glory that the Israelites could not gaze at Moses' face because of its glory, which was being brought to an end, will not the ministry of the Spirit have even more glory?

Heres the point in this passage. Paul contrasts the written letter of stone against the written letter of the heart. God wrote His law on our hearts. The ministry of Moses would 'fade' away after a while because he had to constantly go back to the written letter to receive grace. But us, we have the written letter on our heart, we carry it with us everywhere we go. So now our grace does not come from the outside, but from within. The glory shown is an everlasting glory, one that can only be produced in us by the Spirit.

If we approach the law from the flesh, it is death to us, it will produce death in us. But if through the Spirit we walk in the desires of our heart, where His law is written, it is life for us. That is why even back then David could declare freedom by keeping God's law.

Contemplate this for a moment. What is "fruit"?

You are misinterperting what is meant by the Spirit vs The Letter. When we look at the letter, we can read the letter, learn all the prophecies, we can learn all the data it provides, yet it's only letter, we are not learning from the Spirit.

Rev 19:10 And I fell down before his feet to worship him. And he saith unto me, See thou do it not: I am a fellow-servant with thee and with thy brethren that hold the testimony of Jesus: worship God; for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

This tells us the REAL testimony is the spirit of prophecy and the ONLY way anyone is EVER going to receive that testimony is through prayer, prayer to God that He will open his spiritual eyes, his spiritual mind, you can not see this from human eyes.

The old points to the new, it's seeing the future in the past.

Heb 10:1 For the law having a shadow of the good things to come, not the very image of the things, can never with the same sacrifices year by year, which they offer continually, make perfect them that draw nigh.

Heb 8:5 who serve that which is a copy and shadow of the heavenly things, even as Moses is warned of God when he is about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern that was showed thee in the mount.

The Old Testament is a shadow for something, it's a shadow for the new, it is not fulfillment.

Now in the new, the shadow is no more and all the shadow was is here, Jesus, He was the fulfillment.

Pray about this!!!

Our fruit is Jesus.

To Who Says:
I do not know why you deleted all your posts or what is going on, I hope you are ok and I hope I did not offend you in anyway. Your posts were enlightening to say the least and hope you come back, I'm pretty sure it's safe to say others feel the same.

peace -

Seeing that you have called it a night?;)
Let me post this for morning worship!

Part one:
Elijah here: Back to the message! OF PRESENT DAY Truth! (see Matt. 10:24-27!

Some here have Very good understanding for where one is 'spiritually' at in maturity.
Christ came to'Magnify the law and make it honorable'. Isaiah 42:21.
It surely needed to be done, huh? And this verse deals with the WHOLE of the Moral code, Covenant! (remember, nothing much was said by Christ about Moses law)

Sabbath: The Sabbath does tell one what is their individual 'spiritual desire' if one truly Loves Christ He says! See 2 Corinthians 3:3 in the King James. Epistle means Christ's Letter to us. There are two ways to know Truth. Isaiah 8:20 tells how! And the Sabbath is in-bodied in both of these tests. First is Christ's Law & then comes His reason for coming, to straighten it out! Magnify it.

OK: When one has been Born Again. He now, & ONLY now, LOVES CHRIST. (other/wise, who needs Christ??) Even the 'some' love that the sinner has not lost because of sin, still is from the creator. But this is not good enough, ALL still are required to return to the first creation love for Christ & His Salvation. John 3:3! See Hebrews 10:15-16, Hebrews 6:1-5, & Hebrews 8:10 + 2 Corinthians 3:3 again.

So here we see in Hebrews 3:6-19 a required history repeat testing to close out history. (If we believe the Word of God in Ecclesiastes 1:9-10 & Ecclesiastes 3:15, and the 666 testing that separates all the professed saved, just before they are to enter their Land of Canaan)
The chapter to study for this is Exodus 16:4-5 & Exodus 16:23-28, and Exodus 16:35's borders of their Canaan. (most are still looking for this, I believe?)

And today's SABBATH DUTIES?? Anyhow, if one will read this, perhaps they will see that the food was prepared or gathered on the preparation day before the Lords Sabbath days need? And that was given by God Himself, yet it was their 'work' to have it collected the day before. But reread verse 28 again!

Exodus 16:28. 'And the Lord said, How long REFUSE YE to keep My Commandments, and My Laws.'

Here is clearly seen that the 7th Day Sabbath was the ONLY test given for the Breaking of the Godhead's TOTAL COMPLETE COVENANT!! See James 2:8-12.

That answers food duties for the Born Again ones. Now for the last day increased knowledge of Hosea 4:6's computer 'work'?? Plus, much, much more!!
In Isaiah 58:12-14 we surely see the Born Again ones of John
3:3! '... call the Sabbath a DELIGHT, the HOLY OF THE LORD, HONORABLE;...'

Let me stop there for a question or two? On the forums we see the Eternal Covenant called a jail by some, (another site) plus, much much more??? (you name it) Yet, notice the Word of God saying that it is to be a DELIGHT! How can this be?? Only by having the carnal heart BORN AGAIN! For a carnal heart & mind, the law of God is BONDAGE.

But before we continue on with the chapter, be sure that you notice that it says, 'And they that shall be of thee shall build the 'old wast places:' thou shalt [raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, THE REPAIRER OF THE BREACH, THE RESTORER OF THE PATHS TO DWELL IN]... (Read Daniel 7:25 again! and then enter Revelation 12:17)

(part two will follow)

Part two:

... [IF] thou turn away thy foot from the Sabbath , [from doing thy pleasure on my Holy Day;] ... (Break before continuing on for the original question! There is bad 'pride'! God hates a proud look! Yet, there is a spiritual Godly PRIDE that God does not hate. You dress well for who, when one goes to meet with God at church? If it is for self alone? it is hated by God, if it is a Godly pride, looking well for His sake, then it is 'maturely' required!

A Restorer of Paths to dwell in?? Surely, God wants His Born Again EPISTLE OF CHRIST children to use HIS last day increased Knowledge for reaching the world about this devil's breach of His Eternal Covenant Day for Worship!! See Revelation 1:10's Work of God to John!

Now: Is the Sabbath that God Blessed & Set Aside for Holy USE doing my own pleasure or as God says.. '.. and call the Sabbath a DELIGHT, the Holy of the Lord, HONORABLE;..' (hold it again, before going on! Let me tell you, that the Lord's Work is the Story of my Born again Life! And if any more Last Day Knowledge comes into my possession, take a guess of what I will do on my Lord;s Sabbath Day!)

**TAKE NOTE HERE FOR WHAT SABBATH DUTIES ARE! '... If thou turn away thy foot from the Sabbath, from doing [thy own PLEASURE] on [MY HOLY DAY;] and call the Sabbath a DELIGHT, the HOLY OF THE LORD, HONORABLE; and shalt HONOR HIM,[NOT DOING THY OWN WAYS, NOR THINE OWN PLEASURE, NOR SPEAKING THINE OWN WORDS, THEN SHALT THOU DELIGHT THYSELF [IN THE LORD]..." (compare Romans 8:1)

And own pleasure?? our own pleasure aside from God requirements are not Sabbath Duties! Ball games! T.V. for entertainment, or everyday shop talk. We are to devote our time with God, by doing His 'spiritual' duties. And these duties are to be LOVING ONES!

If one is Born Again, they can readily see what Christ did when He came to earth to MAGNIFY THE LAW OF GOD AND TO MAKE IT HONORABLE!! When tithe paying was a issue? He said that they were hypocrites, they paid tithe, which they OUGHT TO HAVE DONE, yet omitted the WEIGHTIER matters of the [LAW]. Matthew 23:23-24.

He and the Sabbath 'spiritual' workers were walking through a corn field, and they ate only enough for their need. They did not steal, nor did they take a basket along for the next day! Again read Matthew 23:24!! (and what do we hear from some on this forum even??
Hole.gif
)

And healing the sick? (On the Sabbath Day) It seems silly for me to even mention this?? And leave the ox stuck in the ditch? Sure would seem like a Christ/like thing to do, huh? And to think that with the Word of God as we have it today to study & read, HE STILL NEEDS TO MAGNIFY THE LAW AND MAKE IT HONORABLE!!?? (and I am not talking about the ones that do not know Christ, or the ones who are sincerely ignorant, but the ones who say that they know Christ?? See Luke 12:47-48 for what is the END result of these ones)

---Elijah

Elijah

I know Nathan does not believe the NT to be the Word of God. Do you believe as Nathan?

This would be a huge stumbling block for someone trying to "see" why Jesus is our Sabbath and our rest is Him, so I am curious to know what your belief is.

Rockie said it so well when speaking of the differences of the Spirit and the letter of the law. We can not receive revelation without the Spirit, although we can learn from reading, however to have it placed in our hearts, that can only happen from the Spirit. So to read the letter and say oh, yes, this is true versus having the Spirit place it there are two different things. One is lasting, the other fleeting.

In order to progress in our Christian journey, we must get out of the letter and into the Spirit, that is what Jesus is all about and that is what He brings to us, the Spirit and teaching us through the Holy Spirit. I am afraid if you do not do this, your progression will be stunted and growth will come to a stand still.

Although, if you do not believe the NT to be the Word of God, then I do speak all of this in vain.

Blessings.

Elijah

I know Nathan does not believe the NT to be the Word of God. Do you believe as Nathan?

This would be a huge stumbling block for someone trying to "see" why Jesus is our Sabbath and our rest is Him, so I am curious to know what your belief is.

Rockie said it so well when speaking of the differences of the Spirit and the letter of the law. We can not receive revelation without the Spirit, although we can learn from reading, however to have it placed in our hearts, that can only happen from the Spirit. So to read the letter and say oh, yes, this is true versus having the Spirit place it there are two different things. One is lasting, the other fleeting.

In order to progress in our Christian journey, we must get out of the letter and into the Spirit, that is what Jesus is all about and that is what He brings to us, the Spirit and teaching us through the Holy Spirit. I am afraid if you do not do this, your progression will be stunted and growth will come to a stand still.

Although, if you do not believe the NT to be the Word of God, then I do speak all of this in vain.

Blessings.

This is a profound truth that many people neglect to discover in their lives...more's the pity.

1Cr 9:24-27 Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it. Every athlete exercises self-control in all things. They do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable.

So I do not run aimlessly; I do not box as one beating the air. But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified.

"Self-control" in all things. Why? How?

"Aimlessly" How do you NOT run aimlessly if there is nothing to aim at? And if the aim is only love, why would he discipline the body to keep it under control?

Love is not the ONLY command. That is why. But it is THE command that all OTHER commands must be issued past. If your 'deeds' and 'keeping' is not done in love, you have failed the test and are accused by the very law you intend to keep!

God's perfect love is God's law. "Agape is the unifying force. The target is the oneness of unity of the body of Christ by the love that is in Christ.

We are not simply being regenerated in our personal image conforming it to Christ (though that be true) but we are being regenerated to efficiently function as that body. That is why it is only "one" that wins the prize.

The emphasis for now is the bride (not to the neglect of the children who are being born to the bride). But I will leave this as yet for the extended discussion.

The following words of Jesus describe this:

John 13:34 "A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another."

John 13:35 "By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another."

John 15:12 "This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you."

John 15:17 "These things I command you, that ye love one another."

John 17:11 "And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are."

John 17:21 "That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me."

John 17:22 'And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:"

John 17:23 "I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me."

What is that image we grow to in this way? John 10:30 'I and my Father are one."

Last edited by a moderator:
Elijah

Blessings.

This is just another reason we should not judge. I do not believe the NT to be the "Word of God" as it is so called IN the NT. I do, however, believe it is the words of God, inspired by God.

The simplicity is that we have been trained through the years to generate our studies from man. Man has said "This Bible is the Word of God". What it does is take away from the meaning of it when it is used by NT authors. I will NEVER deny that it is 100% truth and infallible.

You must realize that the NT authors studied and meditated on the OT. That was their Bible, or "Word of God". So when you see it used in the NT, it is SPECIFICALLY speaking about the OT, NOT the NT.

I simply ask that you not put words in my mouth, or on my screen, that twist what I have said. Context is always the key to understanding.

God's perfect love is God's law. "Agape is the unifying force. The target is the oneness of unity of the body of Christ by the love that is in Christ.

We are not simply being regenerated in our personal image conforming it to Christ (though that be true) but we are being regenerated to efficiently function as that body. That is why it is only "one" that wins the prize.

The emphasis for now is the bride (not to the neglect of the children who are being born to the bride). But I will leave this as yet for the extended discussion.

The following words of Jesus describe this:

John 13:34 "A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another."

John 13:35 "By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another."

John 15:12 "This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you."

John 15:17 "These things I command you, that ye love one another."

John 17:11 "And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are."

John 17:21 "That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me."

John 17:22 'And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:"

John 17:23 "I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me."

What is that image we grow to in this way? John 10:30 'I and my Father are one."

Right. I think that people are TOTALLY missing my point. I would NEVER say that the law is our aim. That is COMPLETELY un-Biblical.

Christ-likeness is our aim. What was Christ's aim? To do and say EVERYTHING the Father told Him. And then what did He then turn around and say? That we should do EVERYTHING that His Spirit tells us.

Christ, in fact, did NOT do anything that the Father did not tell Him to do. So if Christ obeyed the ten commandments, then did the Father tell Him to do so? Why would, then, Christ's Spirit in us lead us to not keep the ten commandments?

He would not. Although they are not focused on, the point is that we will keep them anyways. What the idea most have is taking the 'two commands' and applying them to their lives just like the pharisees did with the ten!!!

They say, "Ah, I obey the two commands. I do not have to do anything else". All the while willfully neglecting that the SPIRIT is the one supposed to be leading. They seek to be justified under those two commandments!!! Or, worse yet, they seek to be justified by smearing everything with "grace"!

People, seriously, grace is the power of God in our lives to help us IN TIMES OF NEED. Its so that when, in the process of being conformed, we stumble and fall, we can pick back up and move forward. Its not so that we can say "No need for me to go on fellers. I am A OK with God. I am just going to sit here and wait for Him".

Here is the truth straight from the Bible. We, who we are, our soul, IS (not in the process of) a new creation. Our minds, that we have, ARE being transformed day by day. Our bodies, that we sojourn in, SHOULD be kept under control till we need them no longer.

We are justified by faith in Christ. Not faith in a mere man, but faith in WHO the Christ was prophesied to be. The Christ was going to be the one who took away the sins of the world. The perfect sacrifice. The redeemer. The Lord and Master, King of Kings. He was going to be the one that we can look to for guidance. But He was NEVER going to talk, or lead, against what He had previously said. He was going to be GOD with us.

Why would Christ lead against what He had said before? Why would the very same God, who does not change, not lead and direct the way He has done before? Does not make sense.

Back