Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

The Lord Jesus Christ IS God's ELECT...

I recommend you start your own thread Prince.. that way each post can be dedicated to THAT specifically... rather than bogging this thread down with that type of information.

Ok that'll work but im still working on the other one lol - I havent had as much time to post as I use to. You can always tell when I have time because I will include Hebrew/Greek Chaldee and exc.

even:

All this nonsense SBG because you've been taught by men that YOU are the elect...

All I can do is show the Truth, cannot make you believe it, thats up to God..

Now let's see.. WHO in the scriptures wanted to be God.. who exalted himself...

Hmmmmm...

Some people God calls some people God chooses, The people that are chosen are like Jonah, they have no free choice if God wants them to do something there going to do it, or GOd is going to make them (case and point Jonah)

If savedbygrace feels he/she is an elect dont be a hater! Perhaps God has a job that he feels savedbygrace is the perfect canidate for.

In the end time you will be able to seperate the called from the chosen,,,most of the called will be sucked into the system and worship the beast ,,the chosen (elects) will not.

Stay good and play nice guys.

Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular. 28And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues. 29Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles? 30Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret? 31But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.

12The body is a unit, though it is made up of many parts; and though all its parts are many, they form one body. So it is with Christ. 13For we were all baptized byc one Spirit into one body—whether Jews or Greeks, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink.
14Now the body is not made up of one part but of many. 15If the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body,†it would not for that reason cease to be part of the body. 16And if the ear should say, “Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body,†it would not for that reason cease to be part of the body. 17If the whole body were an eye, where would the sense of hearing be? If the whole body were an ear, where would the sense of smell be? 18But in fact God has arranged the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be. 19If they were all one part, where would the body be? 20As it is, there are many parts, but one body.

Yes indeed lets play nice so if God has chosen some people to be and do certain things, that doesnt mean anyone is exalting themself know your part play your role. and dont hate.

If savedbygrace feels he/she is an elect dont be a hater! Perhaps God has a job that he feels savedbygrace is the perfect canidate for.

I ask a simple question and now I'm hating people..?

Who said that he would be like God.. where does that kind of attitude come from..?

Who says that they were in Christ from before the foundation of the world.. as if they're not condemned in Adam like the rest of us, and as if they don't need to take up their cross and follow Christ..?

Who said that he would be like God.. where does that kind of attitude come from..?

Who says that they were in Christ from before the foundation of the world.. as if they're not condemned in Adam like the rest of us, and as if they don't need to take up their cross and follow Christ..?

Who says that they were in Christ from before the foundation of the world

God says

Eph 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus:
Eph 1:2 Grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Eph 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
Eph 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
Eph 1:5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

I know you dont hate SBG - the term "dont hate" is not literal, perhaps we have a slight age and speech barrier huh?

YOu have never heard of dont be a hater? It means dont knock people for doing things you might not be able to do or were not chosen to.....Im in Cali bro

Satan of course, but that is a weak and mute point, SBG nor I have claimed to be like God.

What we have said and documented with scripture is that there elects "chosen"

Who says that they were in Christ from before the foundation of the world.. as if they're not condemned in Adam like the rest of us, and as if they don't need to take up their cross and follow Christ
Reba answered this perfectly - and why do you keep bringing up Adam,

Nobodys saying any of the things you are saying - I can be an elect of God and still take up my cross which I do.......Your basically trying to tell people they cant be an elect without making themself like God.....

So if we dont agree with your doctrine we are condemed...

Last edited by a moderator:
What we have said and documented with scripture is that there elects "chosen"

LOL.. all I hear you saying is that there was an age before this one and that God then decided that these souls were going to be born through the womb... not a single scripture to back it up.. and then when you're asked to start a thread on it there's nothing..

So if we dont agree with your silly doctrine we are condemed...

And here you are talking about 'silly' doctrine...?

So where's your thread Prince..? When are you going to support your 'silly' idea with scripture ?

Who says that they were in Christ from before the foundation of the world

God says

Eph 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus:
Eph 1:2 Grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Eph 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
Eph 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
Eph 1:5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

So what does Eph 2 teach you Reba..?

How could you be in Christ from before the foundation of the world and then be lost in trespasses and in sins as the word of God plainly states..?

Doesn't make much sense does it..

I did not write that God did. So i see His Word and say Praise God but dont always have to understand it.

Rev 17:8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

Our relationship with Him is in/on faith not reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did not write that God did. So i see His Word and say Praise God but dont always have to understand it.

Rev 17:8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

Our relationship with Him is in/on faith not reason.

So what you're essentially saying is that you don't care what Eph 2 says.. how that you were dead and lost in trespasses and in sins..

It proves that we were not in Christ from before the foundation of the world.. and we should know that anyway... because NONE OF US existed..

So what you're essentially saying is that you don't care what Eph 2 says.. how that you were dead and lost in trespasses and in sins..

It proves that we were not in Christ from before the foundation of the world.. and we should know that anyway... because NONE OF US existed..

It proves that we were not in Christ from before the foundation of the world.. and we should know that anyway... because NONE OF US existed

Just because you keep saying that doesnt make it true, it just shows you have not covered the bible in debth.

Just because you keep saying that doesnt make it true, it just shows you have not covered the bible in debth.

So you existed before you were born naturally through your parents..? This is what I'm talking about exalting yourself.. as if you're like God and existed before you were born into this world..

God has foreknowledge.. He can choose in Christ from before the foundation of the world because He knows the end from the beginning.. that doesn't mean that we existed before we were born..

But hey, no biggee... so how about that thread of yours prince.. ? I can't wait to hear your silly idea and see you support it with scripture..

So you existed before you were born naturally through your parents..? This is what I'm talking about exalting yourself.. as if you're like God and existed before you were born into this world..

God has foreknowledge.. He can choose in Christ from before the foundation of the world because He knows the end from the beginning.. that doesn't mean that we existed before we were born..

But hey, no biggee... so how about that thread of yours prince.. ? I can't wait to hear your silly idea and see you support it with scripture..

So you existed before you were born naturally through your parents..?

Yes all our souls were made long ago..

I can't wait to hear your silly idea and see you support it with scripture..
[/QUOTE]

Im involved in many studys at the moment and seeing how im not even sure you would be able to follow a thread of that caliber, sometimes it seems like you really havent been thru to much of the word.

What you fail to realize is that the bible tells us a earth age existed before this one long before Adam.

5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:

Yes all our souls were made long ago..

Im involved in many studys at the moment and seeing how im not even sure you would be able to follow a thread of that caliber, sometimes it seems like you really havent been thru to much of the word.

LOL... ok, whatever you say Prince..

What you fail to realize is that the bible tells us a earth age existed before this one long before Adam.

5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:

Yeah... so where's this teach that we existed and then had to be born through the womb of a woman.. ? ?

Nevermind.. I don't even care Prince.. if you'd like to talk about the Lord Jesus Christ being the elect (what THIS thread is about), then fine.. if you'd like to talk about your silly idea that isn't supported in scripture, then please do it elsewhere.

LOL... ok, whatever you say Prince..

Yeah... so where's this teach that we existed and then had to be born through the womb of a woman.. ? ?

Nevermind.. I don't even care Prince.. if you'd like to talk about the Lord Jesus Christ being the elect (what THIS thread is about), then fine.. if you'd like to talk about your silly idea that isn't supported in scripture, then please do it elsewhere.

Calm down and stop assuming you have all the answers....

The answer to your question is found here.

John 3:3 "Jesus answered and said unto him, "Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."

That phrase born again is a bad translation, what the Greek says is born from above

The word is ἄνωθεν in the Greek

Short Definition: from above, from the beginning, again
Definition: (a) from above, from heaven, (b) from the beginning, from their origin (source), from of old, (c) again, anew

str.gif
from above, again, from the beginning, the top.

-------

Now what Christ is saying is that for a man to go to heaven he must come down from heaven (born from heaven)

This is why later in the same chp the bible tells us no man goes to heaven unless he comes down first even (including) christ, shall we open up the Greek on this also?

αὶ οὐδεὶς ἀναβέβηκεν εἰς τὸν οὐρανὸν εἰ μὴ ἐκ τοῦ οὐρανοῦ καταβάς, υἱὸς τοῦ ἀνθρώπου,

Calm down and stop assuming you have all the answers....

The answer to your question is found here.

John 3:3 "Jesus answered and said unto him, "Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."

That phrase born again is a bad translation, what the Greek says is born from above

The word is ἄνωθεν in the Greek

Short Definition: from above, from the beginning, again
Definition: (a) from above, from heaven, (b) from the beginning, from their origin (source), from of old, (c) again, anew

str.gif
from above, again, from the beginning, the top.

-------

Now what Christ is saying is that for a man to go to heaven he must come down from heaven (born from heaven)

This is why later in the same chp the bible tells us no man goes to heaven unless he comes down first even (including) christ, shall we open up the Greek on this also?

αὶ οὐδεὶς ἀναβέβηκεν εἰς τὸν οὐρανὸν εἰ μὴ ἐκ τοῦ οὐρανοῦ καταβάς, υἱὸς τοῦ ἀνθρώπου,
if one was born from above already then why the need for us to be forgiven as being born from above is already done. you were a spirit before that came to the earth, and God says clearly that which is earth is from below as in sin. why then would the jewish man nicodemus and the jews today and then were aware of a midrash/talmudic tradition of that the earth was god another attempt.i am assuming that this is after the time of christ and also wasnt in the time of the preinarcanation and most likely wasnt.
but lets say that that was the case, then why didnt nicodemus agree as he was already from heaven?

he ask must a man go back into the womb again.

also this is from a rabbi and it is not orthodox in ANY CHRISTIAN CIRCLE. ONLY mormons push
the pre-adamic existance and even the jews dont really say that fully but that seems to give the idea that God had other worlds.(in their ideas)

https://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/RabbiWolpe/posts/10150170248158697

Back