Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Lord shows Abraham the future...

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
AND WHY in the world would it be so difficult to see the Lord Jesus Christ, the KING of all kings.. RULE over the entire earth... in that DAY.. the DAY OF THE LORD.. the DAY OF JESUS CHRIST...

IMO there's one crystal clear reason why... and that is that THAT is the LAST THING that the god of this world wants ANYONE to believe..

Then again imo, most of this will stop cold at religious pride.. there is no way that some people could ever begin to admit that they are wrong..

Scripture will be absolutely moot in these situations.. the clear truth of the word of God ignored or rejected as if it doesn't exist..

People will continue to build their beliefs upon the their own opinions and the opinions of men.. and the truth will be ignored to the nth degree... regardless of its simplicity.

There's another side to this as well... the continued rejection of the simple truth will lead to becoming wise in our own conceits.. and it's that conceitedness which will prevent us from seeing the simple truth..

the jews never said that the KING of creation ever wasnt a king of the universe or lost his throne. dumb christianity teaches that.

1. Ba-ruch A-tah Ado-nai E-lo-he-nu Me-lech ha-olam a-sher ki-de-sha-nu be-mitz-vo-tav ve-tzi-va-nu le-had-lik ner Cha-nu-kah.
2. Ba-ruch A-tah Ado-nai E-lo-he-nu Me-lech Ha-olam she-a-sa ni-sim la-avo-te-nu ba-ya-mim ha-hem bi-zman ha-zeh.
3. Ba-ruch A-tah Ado-nai E-lo-he-nu Me-lech Ha-olam she-heche-ya-nu ve-ki-yi-ma-nu ve-higi-a-nu liz-man ha-zeh.
Translation:
1. Blessed are You, Lord our G-d, King of the universe, who has sanctified us with His commandments, and commanded us to kindle the Chanukah light.
2. Blessed are You, Lord our G-d, King of the universe, who performed miracles for our forefathers in those days, at this time.
3. Blessed are You, Lord our G-d, King of the universe, who has granted us life, sustained us, and enabled us to reach this occasion.
that was done when christ was on the earth doing the channukah feast himself.
passover was done the same.
did it ever occur to you that the KING you speak off was to show the jews that they should have let samuel judge isreal and not been like all the other nations.? that when the KING would come as told it would God reigning once again directly over isreal?

make sense to me. and that is what he said. he told them that i will come and do it myself. he told them that the line of last judean king was cursed and used the other line to get them to see. the law was to teach the world that only God can justify and save and make right.

king david and his line and his name was a glimpse of the rightoeus reign of the Lord from heaven. he reigns now and will remove all that is sinful from the earth in his timing. the idea of a just king and one that would lead isreal to righteousness is after the fact that no HUMAN king could lead isreal to be that way. so JESUS had to come to take that mantle to show isreal that I am the rightoeus KING that you should havent rejected.

The sword of the SPIRIT...

Anyone want to go back to the future..

Here's a simple question..

What is the simple biblical context of what the Apostle John (an Apostle to the circumcision) writes, with respect to the revelation of Jesus Christ, beginning with chapter 4.. and onward.. ?

Is the word of God living and powerful, and can the two edged sword of the Spirit reveal things to come..?

Re: The sword of the SPIRIT...

Anyone want to go back to the future..

Here's a simple question..

What is the simple biblical context of what the Apostle John (an Apostle to the circumcision) writes, with respect to the revelation of Jesus Christ, beginning with chapter 4.. and onward.. ?

Is the word of God living and powerful, and can the two edged sword of the Spirit reveal things to come..?

7 Churches
7 Angels
7 Seals opened from the backside, but written 'within' (Heb. 8:10 and 10:16)
7 Trumpets (Root word, INCISING)
7 Vials
Christ being revealed 'in us.'

Nah, it must be a brick and mortar deal in Jerusalem waiting for some evil flesh man to sit therein.

Certainly nothing to do with the temples of the 7 churches members.

Can't be.
EDITED

Galatians 4:19
My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you

s

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a good point.. seven is perfection in the word.. like the church of God... in all its shortcomings it has absolutely perfect standing in the precious shed blood of our Lord Jesus Christ.. even the righteousness of Christ Himself.

Described in miraculous detail in chapters 2-3 and pertaining no doubt to the things which are..

Then John is told to write concerning the things which shall be hereafter... and strangely enough... not another mention of the churches..

Of course we can read Revelation 19 in its biblical context and see that the marriage of the Lamb takes place in heaven.. and that is going to be the most staggering event of all events... the marriage of the Lamb to His wife..

Then we read of the LORD coming and destroying the beast and the false prophet..

Amazing things which shall hereafter... at the revelation of Jesus Christ..

Described in miraculous detail in chapters 2-3 and pertaining no doubt to the things which are..

Then John is told to write concerning the things which shall be hereafter... and strangely enough... not another mention of the churches..

Of course we can read Revelation 19 in its biblical context and see that the marriage of the Lamb takes place in heaven.. and that is going to be the most staggering event of all events... the marriage of the Lamb to His wife..

Then we read of the LORD coming and destroying the beast and the false prophet..

Amazing things which shall hereafter... at the revelation of Jesus Christ..
Isn't the bride of Christ His wife the church?

Last edited by a moderator:
His bride to be of course...

Unless you'd also like to strip Rev 19 from its context and apply it to the here and now..

This should be obvious to the body of Christ who waits for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our bodies..

An event we can't even BEGIN to understand...

But then again, if ANYONE would like to explain how this is already past... then by all means go right ahead.

His bride to be of course...

Unless you'd also like to strip Rev 19 from its context and apply it to the here and now..

This should be obvious to the body of Christ who waits for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our bodies..

An event we can't even BEGIN to understand...

But then again, if ANYONE would like to explain how this is already past... then by all means go right ahead.

Isn't His, bride to be, the Church?

Isn't His, bride to be, the Church?

Yes Reba...

Is there some point you're trying to make... because so far there isn't one.. unless of course you'd like to tell us that the marriage of the Lamb has already come and gone.. and once again, if so.. then please.. go right ahead and tell us when...

Otherwise what point are you trying to make here..?

The marriage of the Lamb (of God), to His wife.. the church of God..

Try to wrap your mind and more importantly, your heart.. around this.. it's beyond our widest imaginations no doubt..

The Lord Jesus Christ is going to present to Himself the body of Christ.. His church.. without spot or wrinkle or any such thing... in Heaven.. in that Day.. which shall come as a thief in the night and as travail upon a woman with child.

Revelation 19 speaks of the Marriage of the Lamb to His wife... all those parables were not some fairy tale... they're literally about the gospel of God's Son and the marriage of God's Son..

In that Day... the Day of Jesus Christ..

And once again imo we can't begin to plumb the infinite depths of these things which shall be hereafter.. at the revelation of Jesus Christ..

The Spirit of God most certainly does reveal the future to us.. as infinitely amazing as it may be... and it's all centered upon the eternal glory of the Son of God who gave Himself without spot for us.. on that forsaken tree in that Day outside the gates of the city of the great King...

That KING of kings who laid down His life for the sin of the world.. He IS truly the Lamb of God who taketh away the sin of the world.. and the kingdoms of this present evil world shall become the kingdoms of our God and of His Christ in that Day..

The Day of Jesus Christ..

The Father loveth the Son and hath given all things into His hand...

The WORLD to COME...

But now we see not yet all things put under Him...

But we see Jesus by FAITH.. and not by sight..

And we clearly see that Day approaching.. For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face

Yes Reba...

Is there some point you're trying to make... because so far there isn't one.. unless of course you'd like to tell us that the marriage of the Lamb has already come and gone.. and once again, if so.. then please.. go right ahead and tell us when...

Otherwise what point are you trying to make here..?
The dispensational/futurism teaching i remember says the church is not mentioned after chapter 4 of the Book of Revelations but the Bible teaches the Bride is the church so it is mentioned.

I have repeated explained, and will not again ,what i believe. It seems to me you will believe what you want and ignore what another members try and say to you about what they believe... I am sorry it appears, you really dont want discussion... in any way... I dont understand why some folks join a discussion board... but we all have our reasons i guess.
In my mind ET topics are not (most often) unto salvation but great for discussion... After a life time of despensational/futurism I am blessed, i have come to a time in my 'walk' Where i know i did not have all the answer then and i still know i dont have all the answers today.
I cant seem to completely not respond to you Eventide i have tried for just over 2 years now but i will try again. Please enjoy your time here, reba

The dispensational/futurism teaching i remember says the church is not mentioned after chapter 4 of the Book of Revelations but the Bible teaches the Bride is the church so it is mentioned.

That's correct Reba.. the church is not mentioned again on EARTH.. the next time it is mentioned is in Revelation 19 which is within the context of heaven, not on earth..

I have repeated explained, and will not again ,what i believe. It seems to me you will believe what you want and ignore what another members try and say to you about what they believe... I am sorry it appears, you really dont want discussion... in any way... I dont understand why some folks join a discussion board... but we all have our reasons i guess.
In my mind ET topics are not (most often) unto salvation but great for discussion... After a life time of despensational/futurism I am blessed, i have come to a time in my 'walk' Where i know i did not have all the answer then and i still know i dont have all the answers today.
I cant seem to completely not respond to you Eventide i have tried for just over 2 years now but i will try again. Please enjoy your time here, reba

I think that you're completely biased to anything that I have said in simple plain english... for no other reason than to disagree. And I also understand CLEARLY what the opposing view is presenting here... let's not kid ourselves, this is not complicated.. many here can see nothing other than the destruction of Jerusalem in 70AD as being the time of the end.. simple as that..

And it's for one simple reason.. removing the word of God from its own living and powerful, miraculous context... and summarizing the entire matter in either the past, or the here and now.. both of which result in serious error concerning the truth... that's what leads to saying things like the resurrection is past already...

Then again... imo many today will believe anything but the truth concerning the coming of that DAY.. at the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Faith.. Hope.. Love...

We also know that THAT DAY shall not come unless there be a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed..

What do we think that the falling away pertains to..?

IMO it is speaking of a complete falling away of the FAITH once DELIVERED to the SAINTS... and once again, embracing just about anything BUT the truth concerning our FAITH...

And look what's happening today... the simple hope of Christ coming again is spiritualized away into some present reality !

That's NOT FAITH... and it's not HOPE.. for hope that is seen is NOT HOPE !

These are matters of staggering reality...

The coming of the LORD..

The resurrection of the DEAD..

The marriage of the Lamb of God to His wife...

The deliverance of Israel in the time of the end..

The LORD destroying the man of sin by the brightness of His coming...

All enormous events which we certainly can't begin to fathom... all spiritualized away into the here and now.. and all things continue as they were since the fathers fell asleep...

Time to wake up folks... imo.. the night is far spent.. the Day is at hand.. the Day of the Lord, the Day of Jesus Christ.

IMO the god of this world would want nothing more than to have all us Christians believing that this is it.. and that HE isn't coming.. literally, in that Day.. the KING of kings and LORD of lords.. or that He shall be King over all the earth in that Day..

NOPE... that's going to be to laugh of the day.. and who knows what the faith once delivered to the saints shall look like... it can't be pretty, because imo it's illustrated for us in the LORD vomiting out of His mouth the church in the last days.. for what it has lost.. its first love, and certainly its FAITH once delivered to the saints.

Back